YesNoOk

Vans's final* WIP thread of CADDIE MACHINES, marvels, Japan and good-byes. (Read 17644 times)

Started by Vans, September 15, 2016, 07:30:20 pm
Share this topic:
Walrus Bizarre Adventure Pt. 3 - Pirate Crusaders
#41  September 17, 2016, 01:28:41 am
  • SNK is life
If there's one thing you could say about South Town is that it's full of strong fighters. I was always strong, but never enough to be a match for all of them. I got tired of losing so I stopped entering these tournaments.

It’s clear I’m not up to snuff.

It was a long day, I was at the bar having a drink to forget my lousy performance in the last match. Suddenly this blonde, elegant woman approached me, and with great confidence she exclaimed:
“I need someone with your talents. You’re big and strong. Is there anything you wish for? We can get it. Together. Join me and you’ll get anything you want!”.

Sounded like she knew I wanted much more out of life, and that I was the right man for the job. How could I say no?

"We take what we want from those rich enough to have it all, and never miss what they lost."

This is our life as pirates.

We call ourselves “The Lilien Knights”

Bonne Jenet ... she leads the way.

Jenet LB - The first character to feature CLSN boxes 100% accurate to KOF XI + Color separation by the mighty KoopaKoot + SDM Sprites by Team KOFZ

Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:37:01 am by walt
Re: Vans's final* WIP thread of CADDIE MACHINES, marvels, Japan and good-byes.
#42  September 17, 2016, 01:55:33 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/

Go crazy!!

#43  September 17, 2016, 02:10:07 am
    • USA
    • leekrs1@gmail.com
Holy hell, a new XI jenet made by vans, this just made my day.
#44  September 17, 2016, 04:08:35 am
    • China
The first person to submit a palette gets to choose the next reveal!
#45  September 17, 2016, 04:36:19 am
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 04:40:52 am by D.Magician
#46  September 17, 2016, 05:35:22 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I found some time for these.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#47  September 17, 2016, 07:10:35 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#48  September 17, 2016, 08:16:06 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Shiki from SvC
#49  September 17, 2016, 10:27:31 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Man I'm hoping someone picks the technical marvel he mentioned
#50  September 17, 2016, 03:32:05 pm
Three Palettes:
#51  September 18, 2016, 07:47:05 am
    • China
KOF:MI

I wasn't sure what to do about her crew, so I just left them alone.

link to pal: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d276udcle3113em/KOFMI.act

Since you were the first to submit a palette, you get to choose what I reveal next!

Will it be a technical marvel or another character?

By the way guys, thank you very much for the palettes! I already spotted favorites very quickly, keep 'em coming! :D

Today I spent most of the day packing! Things are starting to feel real!
#52  September 18, 2016, 07:30:53 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#53  September 18, 2016, 09:43:19 pm
    • USA
KOF:MI

I wasn't sure what to do about her crew, so I just left them alone.

link to pal: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d276udcle3113em/KOFMI.act

Since you were the first to submit a palette, you get to choose what I reveal next!

Will it be a technical marvel or another character?

By the way guys, thank you very much for the palettes! I already spotted favorites very quickly, keep 'em coming! :D

Today I spent most of the day packing! Things are starting to feel real!

Well, since everyone is curious to what 'technical marvel' is, I'll grant everyones wish by choosing that, sir.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#54  September 19, 2016, 08:15:16 am
    • China
Alright then! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my projectile reflection system!! The VANSFLECTOR.

http://www.vans.trinitymugen.net/webm/reflector_sample.webm

Any fully helper-based projectile can be made compatible with this system. There's only three requirements:

1. sysvars 0 and 1 must be free for the helper. Most likely, these are unused as they are, well, system variables.
2. An empty (as in, blank) animation is needed. This is standard fare, the number does not matter.
3. The "reflected" behavior must be coded in the character that spawns the projectile. The state number does not matter.

Handling clashes with their own projectiles is a Player 1 task and thus, I leave it up to the coder.

Perks:

1. True reflection.
2. Full control over the "reflected" behavior of a projectile. Wanna spawn a full-screen FMV based on hops.flv if your projectile is reflected? Go for it.
3. It is now possible to define real unreflectable projectiles. You want beams? Raging Storms? I've got you covered.
4. You can now revive your fond memories of reflection ping-pong.
5. Full game? Regular MUGEN? Who cares, code your projectiles right and this thing will work just fine in both. #whynotboth.
6. Playing VS a character with a non-compatible projectile? No problem! The reflector will behave like the old ones, you decide what it does.

Cons:

1. A new state for the projectile has to be coded.
2. Use of sysvars? (these should be free, under no circumstances should you be using a full variable set for a projectile)
3. Projectile controller-based projectiles are out of the equation. Please stop using it.

This is a two-way system, which means that both projectiles and reflectors have to specify their behavior according to the system.

My previous LB brand characters: Rugal and Hotaru are both compatible and are using this new system. Jenet's projectile is also compatible with it.

Examples on how to use the code (and define clashes with your own projectiles) will be available in those three characters.

@Kamekaze: and @Jesuszilla: have both shown interest in fully implementing this system.

Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:30:57 am by Vans

lui

#55  September 19, 2016, 09:23:14 am
    • USA
on one hand im purely amazed you got to implement real reflecting in mugen!

on the other hand i wanna fucking kill myself for that ridiculously cheesy pun for a name you gave it :gonkgoi:
#56  September 19, 2016, 09:27:24 am
    • USA
Hey, it could've been worse...

#57  September 19, 2016, 11:21:44 am
Two more palettes:
#58  September 19, 2016, 07:55:49 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I just thought about something: how would of your reflectors deal with Kyosuke's projectiles since he throws several at once? I had to deal with recreating the instant dizzy bug in Eagle by creating several active reflectors IINM.
#59  September 20, 2016, 03:16:07 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
My pal contributions:

Also SHITSUMON, do I really need to use sysvars for this to work? Couldn't it work with vars or fvars?
This is a generic forum signature.
#60  September 20, 2016, 07:24:33 am
    • China
Yes, the sysvars are fixed. The reason the system is using sysvars is precisely so there's no mismatch with numbers.

Think of it this way: sysvars in common1.cns are used to "save" velocities for gethit states and such. These vars are literally not gonna be used at all in your helpers unless you're attempting to make clones or something fancy.

Sysvars are the best fit for a standard of this type. You will not miss them.

I just thought about something: how would of your reflectors deal with Kyosuke's projectiles since he throws several at once? I had to deal with recreating the instant dizzy bug in Eagle by creating several active reflectors IINM.

The behavior of a reflected projectile is 100% P1's responsibility (I am thinking P1 is the owner of the projectile, P2 is the one with the reflector).

If you want both "parts" of the projectile to reflect, that is entirely possible. On the other hand, if you only want ONE part of the projectile to reflect, that is also possible. It all depends on how you code the behavior once it is reflected.

I currently don't have a projectile that is split into several parts for testing (KOF doesn't have any), but it is also entirely possible that if both parts hit the reflector, then both will be reflected according to the reflection behavior at the same time (so it's a non-issue). If it does not, then sharing information with the root should be more than enough to adjust the behavior of both parts to be in sync.

Since both projectiles are under P1's control, it is possible to control the behavior with precision.

An example is Jenet's Bafrass, this projectile fades in a fixed amount of time regardless of reflection. It is also, to my knowledge, the only projectile in KOF history to actually use exponential friction for velocities, this means I have to keep track of a timer to calculate the velocities.
Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:30:41 am by Vans