YesNoOk

RYU AND KEN KOF XIII STYLE for Mugen  (Read 301809 times)

Started by methiou, January 10, 2012, 12:52:18 am
Share this topic:
RYU AND KEN KOF XIII STYLE for Mugen
#1  January 10, 2012, 12:52:18 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
RYU KOF XIII

Hi, I'd like to create a  KOF XIII style RYU with King of Fighters XIII Fighting system : Drive cancel , super cancel, HD cancel and Max cancel . Of course the system of four buttons for hitting, and 2-button for dodging  and counter, is also maintained. Indeed His fighting system is not  clear yet but i'm digging, any idea is welcome !! Feel free to post your Ideas here  :sugoi:
So what will be new and what i need for this project ?
what i need First ?
Building a team :
-So I'm alone and I'm looking for volunteers who are good at KOF XIII spriting and shading but any other good spriters are welcome.
-A KoF XIII good coder, i will try to contact Ahuron and Or2=3 if they are interest about the project. But any help is welcome, for now the most important thing is spriters
So what will be new ?
The Sprites : they will be full new sprites, a conversion of CVS RYU Sprites to KOF XIII STYLE (KOKI's Tutorial)
-Fighting System : Do you remember Street fighter EX fighting system?  that will be the base idea.
Canceling a Shoryuken to an Hadoken or a tatsumaki to a shoryuken an so on... It will be the same for the Supers
-RYU NEOMAX : I have any idea about his Neomax, but what i want, is an explosive and beautiful one. Like i said i'm digging... And your ideas are welcome.
There is some Sprites i'm working on :
Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:48:13 pm by methiou
Re: RYU KOF XIII for Mugen
#2  January 10, 2012, 02:16:25 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Holy crap! what is going on now? so many talented people are showing up with great ideas and creations!  :sugoi:
#3  January 10, 2012, 06:36:34 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Definitely following this
#4  January 10, 2012, 07:37:56 am
I love you.
Now, my suggestions.

Shoryuken should be drive cancelable, tatsumaki juggles.

EX Moves:
Ex-shoryuken more invincibility then regular shoryukens of course
EX- Hadouken Hits twice, when used on air borne enemies they are left juggleable
EX -Tatsumaki does not move Ryu, hits a multitude of times(think ryo's zanretsyuken), slight vacuum effect.

Forward weak punch would be his collarbone breaker, and forward strong punch his Solar plexus strike.

You can cancel Solar plexus into HD mode

Supers:
Shin Hadouken, can cancel from shoryuken, links from tatsumaki
Shin Tatsumaki, usable in mid air, vacuum effect, leaves in juggle state, cancels from shoryuken, links from tatsumaki

NeoMax: Metsu shoryuken
Usually cancelled from his shin tatsumaki

My thoughts.

Unfortunately, I have no talent with spriting what so ever, so I can't help you there.
#5  January 10, 2012, 12:18:48 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Good stuff not bad at all..until you find the help that you need you could just run through the sheet like ur doing now with laying the basic outline down..And since he is gonna be KOf XIII Size the animation should be a top thing you should want to get down. just add one or two more frames here and there for some of his moves and try to move everything around since he is a big sprite it will really pay off.. Good luck and im sure u will find some to help you if u keep at it :sugoi:

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#6  January 10, 2012, 12:47:48 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
That's some hell of an ambitious project.
Good luck.
#7  January 10, 2012, 01:39:03 pm
ça y est t'as décidé de faire une perso entier grace a tes talents :)

-

What I recommend you is to find on google all XIII spriters who have done other XIII original characters like you, and contact them and tell them about your project.

It will be easier with a team that has sort of the same skill as you do to draw XIII stuff.

Good luck on this it woumd be awesome to see it happening.

---

I love you.
Now, my suggestions.

EX Moves:
EX- Hadouken Hits twice, when used on air borne enemies they are left juggleable
EX -Tatsumaki does not move Ryu, hits a multitude of times(think ryo's zanretsyuken), slight vacuum effect.

Forward weak punch would be his collarbone breaker, and forward strong punch his Solar plexus strike.

Supers:
Shin Tatsumaki, usable in mid air, vacuum effect, leaves in juggle state, cancels from shoryuken, links from tatsumaki

My thoughts.

Unfortunately, I have no talent with spriting what so ever, so I can't help you there.

This is such a leecher post...
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#8  January 10, 2012, 02:03:24 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I love you.
Now, my suggestions.

EX Moves:

Supers:

My thoughts.

Indeed
#9  January 10, 2012, 02:09:19 pm
    • USA
huh? The guy just gave some advices about how to adapt his special moves into the KOF XIII system, what's wrong with you people?
#10  January 10, 2012, 02:14:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
There is nothing wrong with what that guy said, I think those persons didnt really read what he wrote and thought it was just a wishlist of moves when its something completely different.

#11  January 10, 2012, 02:39:28 pm
There is nothing wrong with what that guy said, I think those persons didnt really read what he wrote and thought it was just a wishlist of moves when its something completely different.

I guess.

I know methiou and he is spriter. So seeing a guy throwing all these moves suggestions to a person that is not involved into coding, instantly seemed to me that it was a wishlist.
I suppose it would have make sense instantly if the topic creator was a guy like Ahuron for example.

My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#12  January 10, 2012, 02:41:04 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Implying Ahuron knows how to code KOF13 chars. :P
#13  January 10, 2012, 02:42:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Not really, no. The guy is just adapting the system that methiou talks about. Its even pretty well done if i must say so myself.

I dunno if methiou wants his char to have kofxiii system or just kofxiii sprites, but if he wants to have the system what the guy posted is a very nice analysis of the system adapted to ryu.  After all Methiou will have to decide which things he will want to sprite .
#14  January 10, 2012, 09:07:14 pm
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
@JeanBureau
Merci à toi mec. je n'avais pas trop le courage mais il faut un premier pas et les autres suivront, espérons....  --;

Thank you guys for your interest. I think that balloon has made some very good suggestion about Ryu fighting Style
For the fighting system as I said it would be rather like KOF XIII system with cancels. Having ideas for his fighting system is very important. So, any good idea will be welcome  :sugoi:
#15  January 10, 2012, 11:04:49 pm
I love you.
Now, my suggestions.

EX Moves:

Supers:

My thoughts.

Indeed
He asked for an idea of moves and such, so I posted what I think a KoFXIII Ryu would play like.
It's like people can't read.
#16  January 11, 2012, 02:08:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
I personally like this project I hope to see how your kOF XIII Ryu turns out and if I may make a suggestion for a good sprite you can ask eFex for help for he seems to have the style on point and he's good with making the faces on the characters in that style
#17  January 11, 2012, 02:40:30 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Use KO_KI's spritework!
#18  January 11, 2012, 03:19:29 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
@Chamat
Man thx you !!!!!!  :'(   that will be very helpful !!! Those sprites are awesome !!  :sugoi: You save my day !! if you change your mind you can still join the project, you will be welcome. One question : what software you use to make those sprites ? Me , i'm using photoshop the problem is  when i resize my sprites they become blurred, any idea ?
Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:29:35 am by methiou
Re: Guess which kid at school nobody picks on ever again?
#19  January 11, 2012, 03:24:53 am
But ultimately you just might not find the help, tho there are some KOF13 spriters around
#20  January 11, 2012, 03:31:08 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
thx you !!  :sugoi: