YesNoOk

Problem with Lucy Fernandes' super (Read 6939 times)

Started by Macaulyn97, November 13, 2022, 07:12:24 pm
Share this topic:
Problem with Lucy Fernandes' super
#1  November 13, 2022, 07:12:24 pm
    • Brazil

(that freeze at 0:18 was me activating the AI, I thought the options would show up in the recording)

Lucy's Balletomane super, the beatdown one, has a bit of an issue. I got this version from BMT site, so its definitely the original one. Basically, the super works fine until the last few hits, which will miss, then the enemy will be straight up unable to perform any action, whether its moving or attacking, even the AI can't do anything. How do I fix that?
Re: Problem with Lucy Fernandes' super
#2  November 30, 2022, 11:10:31 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That sounds like a custom state is being used and not returning ctrl to the player at all. The attacks missing could be hitboxes vanishing OR a damage dampener/juggle limit that kicks in when it shouldn't.

For the first. Turn on hitboxes and see if theres red and blue ones making contact. The second is a bit harder to diagnose so lets try easy first.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  December 26, 2022, 07:45:48 pm
    • Brazil
I had almost forgotten about this topic, sorry for the late reply. It seems there is a red hitbox only. I also tested with another character to see if maybe she was getting an immunity she shouldn't, but the exact same thing happened.

#4  February 15, 2023, 09:42:48 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Ok so the last bit of it misses. It looks like they're using a hitdef for that final bit or they wouldn't bother with hitboxes. P2 can't do anything as they're in a custom state that doesn't return ctrl. The last hit misses.

Go look at the code. Find the bad hitdef and post it. Videos will tell us nothing further.

If you want to double check the custom state bit. Press ctrl+d twice to look at p2s details. See if the text turns yellow and stays that way.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  February 28, 2023, 03:44:48 am
    • Brazil
Honestly, I feel like this one is gonna be more trouble than it's worth. I already got a video made with her, so I'll just leave it to someone else to fix this issue. Thanks for the help, though.