YesNoOk

Them's Fightin' Herds (Read 67289 times)

Started by Person Man, September 21, 2015, 04:23:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Them's Fightin' Herds
#21  September 23, 2015, 05:54:47 pm
    • Brazil
Animals... oh well... it plays like Skullgirls, you say? If they release it for PS3, I'll play it.
#22  September 25, 2015, 02:25:59 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
What's wrong with animals?  We could use more fighting games branching out with characters concepts.  Beats the piss out of yet another round of "Karate man and his hot-blooded rival, featuring Kung-Fu girl and muscly grappler man."
#23  September 25, 2015, 02:35:12 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I prefer "Anime: The fighter"
#24  September 25, 2015, 02:44:36 am
    • Brazil
What's wrong with animals?  We could use more fighting games branching out with characters concepts.  Beats the piss out of yet another round of "Karate man and his hot-blooded rival, featuring Kung-Fu girl and muscly grappler man."
We have Darkstalkers, barely anyone there is human (B. B. Hood only, I think), Capcom is just being stupid for not making it. Anyway I find rather stupid this thing of animals doing things like the humans do.
#25  September 25, 2015, 02:48:40 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
We have Darkstalkers, barely anyone there is human (B. B. Hood only, I think), Capcom is just being stupid for not making it. Anyway I find rather stupid this thing of animals doing things like the humans do.

He doesn't want to be a furry.
this website is stupid
#26  September 25, 2015, 07:40:46 am
    • Brazil

lui

#27  September 25, 2015, 07:42:47 am
    • USA
just shut up and stop complaining. if you don't like the idea of animals fighting just don't bother with this game, its not that hard.
#28  September 25, 2015, 07:50:34 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I don't care for this game either TBH.

That's why I didn't post anything. It's also why I don't post in the Skullgirls, Blazblue, Tekken, Dead or Alive, or Guilty Gear topics.

Makes life easy. No arguments, no complaining.

.....though I do like the system they are using right now. I like Long combos. They're fun to watch even when you are getting beaten up.
Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:02:34 am by -Whiplash-
#29  September 25, 2015, 04:28:21 pm
    • Brazil
just shut up and stop complaining. if you don't like the idea of animals fighting just don't bother with this game, its not that hard.
I don't think my complaints are any of your business. I have all the right to complain about it. If someone is to shut up, its you, because I'm on-topic, you're not.
Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:37:14 pm by Lord M
#30  September 26, 2015, 02:30:48 am
  • Wonderful One
  • DETERMINATION
    • USA
    • oatsandmoats.tumblr.com

As far as I know, Darkstalker is long since dead so it's tough taking that seriously. I doubt we'll be seeing one anytime soon in that case since it'd be competing with SFV.
It's fine to show complaints but as far as fighters go, this fits right in.

I'm just happy to see more solid 2D fighters that arn't from ARC.
#31  September 26, 2015, 02:47:39 am
    • Brazil
Thats why reviving it would be a great idea. Sure, not as a competitor to SFV, but, maybe later. Since Capcom is doing so many things that fans like now, like not having SFV, SSFV and USFV and adding Karin and R. Mika, having Darkstalkers revived would be a great idea, since the last thing they did actually sold a lot.

Back on topic, yeah, I still like 2D, I'm glad it doesn't die.
#32  September 26, 2015, 03:19:00 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

same here

yaa,I can see it comming , I'll shut up about it from now on

about this game ........

never was a fan of MLP , not intrested in this game, but yaa, best wishes for the develaping team

lui

#33  September 26, 2015, 08:15:21 pm
    • USA
Thats why reviving it would be a great idea. Sure, not as a competitor to SFV, but, maybe later. Since Capcom is doing so many things that fans like now, like not having SFV, SSFV and USFV and adding Karin and R. Mika, having Darkstalkers revived would be a great idea, since the last thing they did actually sold a lot.

actually, darkstalkers ressurrection didn't do well enough to justify it being a success, hence why it pretty much died.

you keep on saying that capcom should revive it, they ALREADY tried, its literally in the title of the game they attempted it with. the game didnt do well commercially, so capcom probably doesnt think that ip is useful enough to justify a full-budget new entry.
#34  September 26, 2015, 09:49:18 pm
    • Brazil
actually, darkstalkers ressurrection didn't do well enough to justify it being a success, hence why it pretty much died.

you keep on saying that capcom should revive it, they ALREADY tried, its literally in the title of the game they attempted it with. the game didnt do well commercially, so capcom probably doesnt think that ip is useful enough to justify a full-budget new entry.
Darkstalkers Ressurection was the top of sales list if I recall correctly. What did you (or Capcom, for that matter) expect? An HD version of 2 games that can easily be played on emulators for FREE to sell like a new hyped release? They did not try, they did another shitty decision, just like almost every other, killing a franchise, just like they did with Megaman.

lui

#35  September 26, 2015, 10:08:09 pm
    • USA
look it up, it was a failure when it came to commercial success.

again, you must not know how hard it is to suddenly try to revive a old ip, its not as simple as "go make a game because fans want it"
#36  September 26, 2015, 10:25:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Didn't it actually sold well for a PSN game? Just that Capcom wanted Triple A game sales.
Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:35:52 pm by Darkflare
#37  September 26, 2015, 10:29:40 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#38  September 26, 2015, 10:30:03 pm
    • Germany
They Added some Stretch goals.

Them's some stretch goals
26. September - Mane6, Inc

People have been asking us about stretch goals for our crowdfund campaign. We’ve been crunching the numbers, making some calculations, and so, we’re ready to announce our first three stretch goals for Them’s Fightin’ Herds.

$486,000 - Them's Fightin' Herds on Linux and Mac

If we manage to raise $486,000 total, Them’s Fightin’ Herds will also be releasing in the Mac and Linux platforms. Backers pledging to the Early Settler and above tiers will be able to choose their favourite platform to receive their game key on!

$546,000 - Additional Character: Goat

If we reach the $546,000 mark, Them’s Fightin’ Herds will get a seventh playable character, including all new character theme and dynamic music system variations!

The almighty Goat, master of balance is determined to be the last standing!

She has seemingly impossible balancing capabilities, allowing her to stand firmly on any steep surface, including walls! Use her magic to run at high speeds across the stage and up walls to rush down and literally walk all over your competition!

$560,000 - Goat Stages/Story Mode

At the $560,000 mark, the goat will get her own stage, lobby stage, and she’ll also get a story mode! - This also includes all new music by our composers for both her fight stage and lobby stage.

And beyond…

So what comes next? We have a few ideas! We would REALLY love to bring Them’s Fightin’ Herds to consoles, we’d like to add even more additional characters to the roster, and expand on the graphical lobby’s features. - We’ll just need to crunch some more numbers and get details on costs. We’ll let you know as soon as we know.

And that’s it for now, but we have more updates to come. Don’t forget to tell your friends and family about the greenlight campaign and our crowdfund as well! - The social media icons in the side of the crowdfund page will help you spread the word.

Thanks to everyone for your support, and let’s continue making Them’s Fightin’ Herds a reality!

Source: Link

lui

#39  September 26, 2015, 10:37:33 pm
    • USA
Didn't it actually sold well for a PSN game? Just that Capcom wanted Triple A game sales.

thats what i meant, i didnt say that it didnt do well in psn, i said for capcom's standards when it came to commercial sales it was a big failure, hence why its pretty much dead at this point. if capcom were to revive if, they would have to take alot of risks and such like they did in SFIV
#40  September 27, 2015, 01:42:16 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Take the Darkstalkers talk to the Darkstalkers thread, thanks.

I like the look of those stretch goals.  They're almost halfway to their initial goal in less than a week so getting that goat seems like a real possibility.