YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 250661 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#41  June 10, 2020, 06:20:03 am
Since the game lacked in female characters in the past, I think it might be worth it to look into CVS Mina Majikina sprites by VioFitz. They barely got any use and in the past, I do belive, there was an interest in SamSho rep for this game.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in my previous post, that there are sprites for Batsu now available. I would recommend to grab .sff from R@CE version of the character, since it has updated stance, walking and blocking animations from Daeron himself.

BTW, the latest version of CvTW could use a reupload, since it misses the latest version of K', Snow and Sabotage.
#42  June 10, 2020, 12:24:33 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Personally I think having SHADES characters in the mix is cool. It's a SeanAltly game, after all!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#43  June 10, 2020, 12:25:08 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
I don’t have that many suggestions for characters, but here they are anyway:

CAPCOM
  • Rainbow Mika: Mostly for female representation. You could do the same thing for her sprites that you did with Charlie and touch them up to make them match. Also, if there’s any sprites for Nadeshiko, you could use her assist as the UT, or Mika’s mic bit from SFV
  • Captain Commando: Mostly just for the variety and to avoid a glut of SF characters.
THE WORLD
  • Kamen Rider #1: I don’t know how familiar you are with Kamen Rider overall, but I’ve wanted to see a decent Rider character in MUGEN for a while. You could save a bit of time and make him an edit of Skullomania’s sprites, as Skullo himself was based on Kamen Rider.

...and that’s all I got. Sorry :P
#44  June 10, 2020, 02:14:22 pm
    • Brazil
Glad to see you back on this project man. Also, I've seen someone talking about GTA characters. I think armin_iuf's Niko could be a good addition.
#45  June 10, 2020, 04:38:32 pm
  • If something smells, it wasn't me I swear.
    • USA
    • Skype - Thewayofthestoner
Also let me leave some suggestions, I just wanna throw these ideas out there.

For Capcom:
-Phoenix Wright. Of course if you're gonna add Shawn Spencer, why not Phoenix as his "rival" of sorts.
-Frank West
-Captain Commando

For The World:
-A Megami Tensei character, I'm not sure if you're familiar with that series or if there's any CvS sprites of them in Mugen, but I think it would be interesting.
-Apollo (Shades of Manhattan) he's goofy and I like him.
-Any slasher character, Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees or anyone, some horror reps would just be good.

Thanks for reading!
In Bigley we trust
#46  June 10, 2020, 04:50:51 pm
  • Passing Through
    • Kamen Rider #1: I don’t know how familiar you are with Kamen Rider overall, but I’ve wanted to see a decent Rider character in MUGEN for a while. You could save a bit of time and make him an edit of Skullomania’s sprites, as Skullo himself was based on Kamen Rider.

For Kamen Rider 1, there is a version with decent looking sprites by BlackCat

#47  June 10, 2020, 06:02:39 pm
    So I see this project has come back to life. Even Mario Mario is still around, that's great.

My suggestions of the characters.

Capcom:
    Phoenix Wright:
    The first lawer in a fighting game.

Viewtiful Joe:
    The action movie hero.

The World:
    Joseph Joestar:
    The hero from JoJo part 2.

The Mask:
    The Big Head of destruction.
    Feel free to use my account:
    Username: GTAguy
    Password: imanigger
    #48  June 10, 2020, 06:15:39 pm
      • USA
    I got suggestions too.

From Capcom: Asura, Linn Kurosawa (From AVP), Maximo (Ghost n Goblins)

The World: Bayonetta, Kazuma Kiryu, Tyris Flare, Batman (Unless you want to finish his spriteset)
    Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 06:19:42 pm by RPGamerWriter
    #49  June 10, 2020, 06:31:51 pm
    • Just A Dude...
    • For me, it was Tuesday...
      • Canada
      • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
    I used to really love playing CvtW, so it makes me happy to see this getting some attention again. I'm not sure if as far as simplifying some of the work load you could borrow and fix up some of the characters that others made like how Memo had made a few characters to add in like Strider Hien, Strider, Guy, Haohmaru and others https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/cvtw-megaman-volnutt-released-memofngs-cvtw--149031.0.html. Were you still planning on adding in Axel Stone from SOR? I recall him and Batman were on the old list, and although you're going over some of your final choices again.

As far as characters with completed sprite sets that I would love to see, Viewtiful Joe (by Nexus Games, Shin Mako, Gatorison & Kenshiro99
    ), I'm sure they need a bit of polish but there was also Edward Falcon from Power Stone that someone sprited, Magma Dragoon/Vile from MMX, and Fiona Belli. Either way I wish you all the best of luck with all of this and I look forward to seeing the finished game hopefully :D
    #50  June 10, 2020, 06:57:41 pm
      • Brazil
    @Macaulyn97

Gotta be honest with you, and no offense, but all of those sprite sets have some incredibly jerky animations that I just can't abide.
    I can see that on Link and Ivy, but Orchid and Batman? Specially Orchid, those sprites are the one thing good about Ahrimanes' version.
    #51  June 10, 2020, 07:09:35 pm
      • USA
    @Macaulyn97

Gotta be honest with you, and no offense, but all of those sprite sets have some incredibly jerky animations that I just can't abide.
    I can see that on Link and Ivy, but Orchid and Batman? Specially Orchid, those sprites are the one thing good about Ahrimanes' version.

I do agree with Sean on the Soulcalibur sprites. With the exception of Dampir's Taki sprites, the majority of them have stiff animation too. Nexus Games and Chuchoryu's SC characters are plagued with those.
    #52  June 10, 2020, 07:10:09 pm
    • I have no idea what I'm doing.
      • UK
    For Kamen Rider 1, there is a version with decent looking sprites by BlackCat

The problem there is that those sprites are very specifically SNK styled. You'd need to do some major edits to make them fit in with the CvS/CPS2 style this game's got going on.

Joseph Joestar:
    Damn, I forgot about that one. That'd be cool to see. Put all of his Stand stuff from Heritage For the Future on the UT and you'd have it right there.
    #53  June 11, 2020, 11:20:34 am
    So I see this project has come back to life. Even Mario Mario is still around, that's great.

My suggestions of the characters.

Capcom:
    Phoenix Wright:
    The first lawer in a fighting game.

Viewtiful Joe:
    The action movie hero.

The World:
    Joseph Joestar:

The Mask:
    The Big Head of destruction.

The Mask has 2 sprite sets to choose from as well

@Macaulyn97

My Mugen eye is bad. I can’t really tell what’s specifically the sprite style aside from obviously not SNK, hi res, etc. I thought those Batman sprites were good as well + the original CvTW has Superman.... but I think he was spriting his own Batman years ago

I almost suggested Hellboy or Spawn
    Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 11:30:45 am by dakidbanks
    #54  June 11, 2020, 01:13:27 pm
      • Brazil
    I do have some suggestions for your game

Capcom:

Captain Commando (Captain Commando)

The World (Boy, i have alot of suggestions for this side):
    Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
    Ruby Rose (RWBY)
    Ragna (Blazblue)
    Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
    Hyde Kido (Under The Night Birth)
    Naruto (Naruto)
    Ichigo (Bleach)
    Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
    Izuku Midoriya (Boku no Hero Academia)
    Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
    Kazuma (Konosuba)

If you wanna get a little bit crazy on the picks:
    Spongebob (Spongebob Squarepants)
    AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd)

Thoughts?
    Mah Boi, this peace what all true warriors strive for!
    #55  June 11, 2020, 04:26:44 pm
    • Deliverater
    • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
      • USA
      • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
    I appreciate all the suggestions from everybody, but I think many of you may have missed the main qualifier which was that sprites that fit the game's art style (CVS2, CPS2ish) must already exist. I was told a lot of stuff had been made or released since I last worked on the game and was mostly inquiring about that stuff that I may not know about or might have missed (for example, the Wesker sprites, Gladiacloud's MVC characters, the One Piece sprites).

I'm not looking to make full sprites sets for anyone since I'm working on Shawn Spencer. Thanks though!

Download Last Bout now!
    #56  June 11, 2020, 04:38:31 pm
    • Your Average MFG Forum Member
    • As Seen on Youtube
      • Brazil
      • Skype - iago-moraes
      • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
    Suggestions:

Capcom:

Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter Series)
    Zero (Megaman X)
    Sasquatch (Darkstalkers)
    Jedah (Darkstalkers)
    Yang (Street Fighter 3)
    Ingrid (Capcom Fighting Evolution)

ZA WARUDO... i mean The World:

Kyoko(Kunio-Kun Series)(Note: Use the design from River City Girls)
    John Cena
    Juspion
    Billy the Blue Ranger(Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
    Steven Universe(Steven Universe)(Note: Use his design from Steven Universe Future)
    Cyclops(X-Men)
    Dio Brando(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
    Monica(Monica and Friends)
    Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
    Orange Inkling Girl (Splatoon) (Make sure you can make the Blue Inkling Boy as an Alt just like in SSB Ultimate)
    Richter Belmont (Castlevania)
    Rash (Battletoads)

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

Homina Homina Homina

lui

#57  June 11, 2020, 04:42:51 pm
      • USA

Kyoko(Kunio-Kun Series)(Note: Use the design from River City Girls)
    John Cena
    Juspion
    Billy the Blue Ranger(Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
    Steven Universe(Steven Universe)(Note: Use his design from Steven Universe Future)
    Monica(Monica and Friends)
    Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
    Orange Inkling Girl (Splatoon) (Make sure you can make the Blue Inkling Boy as an Alt just like in SSB Ultimate)
    Richter Belmont (Castlevania)
    Rash (Battletoads)

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

He literally just said he's not looking to sprite new characters, just using to use sprites from existing characters that fit in with the game in a post right before yours, c'mon man.
    #58  June 11, 2020, 04:53:35 pm
    • Every day is night
      • Brazil
      • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
    If I'm not mistaken there are a few cvs-style sprites for Kula around. Other than that I'd suggest part 2 Joseph Joestar like otgers suggested already.
    #59  June 11, 2020, 05:01:49 pm
    • I am hilarious
    • and you will quote everything I say
      • USA

On top of that do you know how gethits work? That wouldn't work at all due to Mugen limitations. Your post is extremely pipe-dreamy because it's suggesting he do full spritesets for characters not in his normal style and what would be a ton of work.
    #60  June 11, 2020, 05:05:24 pm
    • The other Indian
      • India
    Lol, dude literally threw in every request he had. :D