YesNoOk

Hyper Neo Geo 64 Megathread (REQUEST ANY QOL FOR FFWA) (Read 54460 times)

Started by Bannana, January 02, 2013, 07:08:43 am
Share this topic:
Hyper Neo Geo 64 Megathread (REQUEST ANY QOL FOR FFWA)
#1  January 02, 2013, 07:08:43 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/

MONSTER was great fun but I just can't make three characters in one without getting burnt out (no clue how Don Drago did it with eight ;P).

I have been very sporadic over the last five years, maybe only a character made within the month of january, because I lost a lot of interest in mugen due to lack of real constructive feedback, but I can say, without lying, that I've always had mugen in my mind, and after seeing new KoopaKoot stuff, Ironmugen come back, and talking to Vans and Shwa a bit about how cool mugen still is and how much still can be done, I wanted to come back! Plus, my professional life has been put on indefinite hold for perhaps another year : (

SO I'm coming back and doubling down on the Hyper Neo Geo 64, where I started way back when in this stupid thread when HNG64 emulation was trash and I had no access to the games as they were, but this time I (no flex, this shit cost me a fortune) own the board and all fighting carts and have a much better understanding of not only SS64 but ALSO Wild Ambition, which I am interested in doing a full system conversion for next.

Beyond that, I have an interest in updating the SS64/64 2 system with a real character and not just an edit, and if I have the time I'll split the 64 and 64 2 assets into two different kinds of characters! (It's about as dumb as making SSIII and SSV haohmaru at the same time, I know)

If I have the time (again) I do want to really give Buriki One a chance again, as I was never happy with the quality of what I put out, but that will be the last on the list because I am currently infatuated with Wild Ambition as a Fatal Fury fan (it's really just as good as Real Bout Special AND Garou!)

Aside from that I will be ripping FFWA stuff for some peeps, and I'll be sure to share those, and if I can work my way around it I'll be offering assets from SS64/64 2 and Buriki One. I'm willing to share everything up to my cheat engine tables (which are very barebones because I'm not Jesuszilla and have no knowledge of Lua).

I'm a slow worker because I'm a bit of a perfectionist (I know, with the stuff I've put out I'd question that statement too), so I can't guarantee everything within the next year, but I am confirming that I WILL do all this eventually.

Spoiler: archived of stuff from the old "Buriki One system" thread (click to see content)
Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:43:36 am by Bannana
Re: Buriki One system
#2  January 02, 2013, 08:15:30 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Awesome project, I totally support it :D I'm a Buriki One fan, too, in its moment I could play B1 in some hidden arcade in my country and I'm still waiting for a decent conversion of Hyper Neogeo 64 on MAME. Also, I tried to convert Gai Tendou into CVS style many years ago and even I got a WIP of B1-Ryo that never concreted

Good to know you want to convert B1 chars, so I expect you can make also Gai and Ryo in a future ;) about the others, you can edit Kim Kaphwan to make Seo YongSong and Kasumi Todoh to make Takato Saionji. Good luck with your project and I hope you can release that template for other characters ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  January 02, 2013, 09:51:14 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is the first time i hear about Buriki one.From the videos,i see the game is pretty interesting
#4  January 02, 2013, 11:20:16 pm
    • USA
Awesome project, I totally support it :D I'm a Buriki One fan, too, in its moment I could play B1 in some hidden arcade in my country and I'm still waiting for a decent conversion of Hyper Neogeo 64 on MAME. Also, I tried to convert Gai Tendou into CVS style many years ago and even I got a WIP of B1-Ryo that never concreted

Good to know you want to convert B1 chars, so I expect you can make also Gai and Ryo in a future ;) about the others, you can edit Kim Kaphwan to make Seo YongSong and Kasumi Todoh to make Takato Saionji. Good luck with your project and I hope you can release that template for other characters ;)
Thanks, it's cool to see someone else who knows what I mean.

I have some ideas for what characters I'd like to do other than just grapplers. Gai is definitely on the to-do list once I compile all my resources. I was thinking of Ryo, but also thought it would be interesting to mix it up and do Takuma instead, but we'll see where that goes.

Speaking of Ryo, how far did your WIP get? Was it just an idea or were you in the middle of making it?
#5  January 02, 2013, 11:32:45 pm
    • Chile
No, I abandoned him long time ago because of lacking of time and inspiration. As Gai (based on CVS Joe), I was used CVS Ryo with a resprite and the movelist was more oriented to physical moves instead AOF/KOF ones (so no Koohken nor Haohshokoken). Here're some sprites I did from that WIP:

Instead of NGBC or KOF:MI, I based more on actual Ryo look on B1, with the tanned skin and light-blonde hair, I made some of the basics but after a time I prefered to abandoned. With my Gai, I retook him because KOFXI but I couldn't edit grappler moves he has in XI so he's in standby now (in my website there's a beta of him, he's based on B1 and his KOF2000 striker appearances and made years before KOFXI)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#6  January 03, 2013, 01:02:50 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
this project look interesing in what console is this game because i would like to try it
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#7  January 03, 2013, 01:24:16 am
    • USA
It's an arcade game, they never ported it to a console.

Posted: January 03, 2013, 05:30:09 am
I just want to mention that I am currently making the Judges' Decision and I have decided to add Balance Gauges as well

I've started coding both as of today, but Balance Gauges might have to wait a bit longer until it's fully implemented because it requires custom sprites and all the people I knew who made those either hate me or it's not their area of expertise. Go figure.
#8  January 03, 2013, 08:18:03 pm
    • Chile
That's something I want to see in MUGEN, how do you make that, good luck with it ;)

Also, look at Silber thread, I left you feedback for him and the B1 system, my little grain of sand to help to your system :)

#9  January 04, 2013, 10:55:04 am
    • USA
Removed my last "bump update" about Judges' Decision because I really wanted to bump this thread for a much better reason.
I have added dodging, but that's the minor bit.

I 100% have fixed all movement. It literally took about 5 to 6 hours to sort through the mess I made years ago and I had to jump through so many hoops and override so many things, but it's FIXED! Outside of the Balance Gauge this thing is around 95% done!

In other news, I'm planning on tweaking Silber a bit more, but I really want to move on to another character, either Gai or Takuma and start working on actually grappling stuff with the Balance Bar.
#10  January 08, 2013, 04:12:53 am
    • USA
Finished gathering my resources and I've begun work on Gai.

If I could describe how he'll work in a few words, I'd say:
- Quick
- Easily chainable combos
- a few grapples

Essentially he'll play like what you would think a MMA character would. Gets in fast, takes advantage of any opening the opponent leaves, and finishes the fight quickly. He won't do a ton of damage per attack, but in total it'll add up.

There's also a list of sort of planned characters that can change depending on certain circumstances.
#11  January 13, 2013, 01:42:46 am
    • USA
Not sure how many people actually read this thread, but bumping with updates anyway.

The bars are about 90% done, with everything except the filler animation and maybe a few little details. I have both the red and blue bars, but for now I'm just posting the red bars as examples.

The Balance Bar (the arrow in the center is technically separate from the bar, but for now it's all together)

The Grapple Gauge

All that really needs to be done is the filler animation, which I'll try to do, but I'm terrible at this stuff so don't hold your breath on it being done soon.
The grapple gauge has two flashing words, "Offense" and "Defense" at where the large black rectangle is. I'm hoping to be able to carry it over, so I'll be adding those as well.

I'm hoping to have these done and begin coding the bars by Late January to Early February if all goes well, and then the coding on Gai begins.
#12  January 14, 2013, 11:03:55 pm
    • Chile
I read it :P but don't worry, you can bump your WIP anytime you want. I want to see how those bars would be applied to MUGEN, you could make a video with Silber to show how that works :D

#13  January 20, 2013, 09:45:11 am
hey bannanna banana i think your systems great good job those bars are sexy i couldnt make any improve,ent if i tried to good job man. just good job
Jango said:
Robert the small said:
OH, SO YOU WANNA FIGHT!? I'LL SHALALY YA, YA DRIED UP STINKY DICKLICKER!
MY RAPEFEST WILL BE SO GREAT YOU'LL HAVE TO SHUT DOWN YOUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT LIKE FLOOFIEKUN
#14  February 01, 2013, 03:40:36 am
    • USA
Balance bars are about 50% done!
There are a few graphical hiccups and I just need to do the flipping sides deal (where if you face the other direction the bar flips to face the same direction)

I haven't started on the grapple gauge just yet because I need these bars done immediately, but it will be done much more quickly because it doesn't move.

In addition, I have added the info from my text file concerning the balance and grapple gauges so you get a better insight into how they work.
It's under the special state number section on the first post.
#15  February 01, 2013, 11:54:32 am
  • Shakespear.
Just the idea of switching the d-pad to attacks and the buttons to movement is intriguing as hell, let alone all the interesting grapple mechanics.  I can't wait to see what you do with this, and even more to give it a try! 
#16  February 04, 2013, 08:21:31 am
    • USA
25% done flipping.

I am getting really burnt out dealing with the bars, so I'm probably going to be inaccurate and only have one size for the bar. If I had three sizes I'd have to deal with lengthening and shortening the bars as well as making all the standard required animations for them. I've got a strong work ethic, but I can only deal with so much before I start losing my edge. I really want to finish the bars so I can put the finishing touches on Silber and release the final version, and the only way I can finish Silber is to finish the entire system.

My current timeline has me completing the whole project by mid February if I'm not caught up in anything. The ultimate goal is to complete it before March.

As for public release of the system template, I might not get there until next year. The goal is for me to churn out as many different characters using the system as possible as guidelines for how it should be used, and then releasing it for the public to do with whatever they please.
I also plan on never making any system revisions once it's 100% complete. Once it's done, it has to be completely done.
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:43:36 am by Bannana
#17  February 23, 2013, 01:43:54 am
    • USA
New log entry added in anticipation of the next update of Silber (should be either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how fast I fix the non-system bugs I found).

There are several bugs that I can't figure out, but outside of those it's done.
Grapple bar will be complete when I make Gai Tendo.
Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:56:51 am by Bannana
#18  March 22, 2013, 05:57:35 am
    • USA
Sorry about no updates whatsoever, I'm slow at this.
I also haven't have time, I was completely booked with classes and my other activities and when I did have time I was far too burnt out to get anything done. However, spring break is coming up, which means when I'm not working I'll basically have all day to work on this.

Look forward to major system updates in the future as I'm going to try to tackle every bug existing in the balance bars, but specifically I'm going to be working on discovering a workaround for the AI causing the bar to freak out.

I already complied a SFF for Gai, but that was before I added the sprites and animations for the bars into Silber, so I need to recompile that as well. Once I recompile the SFF I'm working on the Grapple Gauge immediately so I can ship out an updated system via Silber. I'll try to get as much stuff done as I can, because God knows I won't have time when I get back.
Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:32:01 am by Bannana
#19  August 01, 2013, 06:32:16 am
    • USA
Hey guys what's up?

Sorry for the MAJOR delay, I got burnt out after the last system update and then some other stuff happened that would take forever to explain.

the newest system version has just been finished. It'll be uploaded in a hour or so (i'll post it in the release thread).

It's pretty small, I just fixed some AI compatibility issues that I've been planning on doing for a couple months. No headway has been made on the grappling  though. : (

But don't worry, I'll try to balance this out with my other hobbies and pursuits as best as I can from now on.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:58:14 am by Bannana
#20  April 24, 2014, 07:58:59 am
    • USA
It's been a long time (again), but after being on a bit of a break I'm about 50% complete with the grapple gague

Here's a neat little image (I'll get a video up once Silber's attacks are set up to work with the gague)

I would like to release version 1.0 of the system by the end of summer, but I'm not going to make too many promises.
#21  April 24, 2014, 08:37:40 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
oh, nice to see you´re still alive. Looking good.
Chilling
#22  May 19, 2014, 06:46:16 am
  • Winmugen FTW
    • El Salvador
awesome!! never thought someone would mugenize buriki one. thank you. im hoping you will continue since its been awhile since your last iupdate.
#23  July 15, 2014, 08:38:56 am
    • USA
awesome!! never thought someone would mugenize buriki one. thank you. im hoping you will continue since its been awhile since your last iupdate.
I'm working on it right now. Sorry about any necessary worries I've caused, I'm not very good with keeping up to date on things so I usually just drop out for a while and then reappear.

Anyway, I've been a bit busy with work, but I've been making steady progress. I need to fix some scaling with the grapple gauge, since I forgot the whole arrow scales so it goes outside the outer bar. I'll be working non-stop this month as I want to keep my promise about having 1.0 out by the end of August.
#24  July 29, 2014, 08:57:43 am
    • USA

So I'm maybe 80-90% done with the bars. I split the grapple gauge filler so it scales correctly, so if you have good eyes and can see the blue bar against the training stage you can see it in action. I'm going to tweak the vars when you attack in the grapple because it was just big for test purposes. Outside of that I have my list of to dos before I'll release what will hopefully be my last system update (there might be a few tweaks in the future, but I'm pretty much done with the meat of the system here)

To be done:
- Lost grip animation & state
- grapple ends when a certain bar threshold is met
- The amount of bar you have makes it easier/harder to grab (I need to look over my sources to see how to implement it. Right now I'm looking at a percentage chance based on your bar vs the opponent's, but I want to double check it with the original system)

(I just realized that I spelled gauge wrong throughout the entire cns because I consistently wrote the code at 2 am)
#25  July 29, 2014, 01:37:15 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I really like the originality of this project! I've never played any fighting hame outside the traditional 4-6button set up.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.
#26  July 29, 2014, 05:03:29 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
To think that somebody actually took the time to learn the core mechanic of this obscure game and successfully implemented it within the confines of Mugen. Two thumbs up!

Lmao @ Brett Hart

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#27  August 26, 2014, 07:02:03 am
    • USA
System update is gonna be out a bit later than scheduled. There's a whole bunch of stubborn things in the filler scaling code I need to take a long look at (possibly recoding entire sections of the -2) because the code I have already that prevents the filler from refilling while being hit clashes with the code I need to write for the attacker's bar depleting. When the bar depletes over the period of the grapple, it also refills by 2 per 60 ticks as it does when you're in the normal states. Because the attacker is in a standing state and not a hitstate, I can't write code that prevents it from refilling the bar in that custom state without removing the hitstate trigger, which causes the bar to refill while you're being hit, in a custom state, or lying on the ground.

And then after that mess, I just gotta write some quick variable percentage code with failsafes for grabbing certain amounts of bar and finish the last exit from grappling state. Hope for a mid September release if classes don't get in the way.
#28  November 28, 2014, 03:38:09 am
    • USA
To celebrate Thanksgiving here in America I present system version 1.0!

I have added all of the necessary requirements I made for my grappling states! There is only one issue and that is the grapple bar clipping a bit through the outer layer at the very end of scaling.

Check out the Silber release thread for the entire thing, and if there are no huge system issues that pop up, I'm going to get to work immediately on Gai!
#29  December 02, 2014, 04:04:10 am
    • USA
Since the system is in its final state, I'm mostly just doing bug fixes and housekeeping. I'm gonna split all the system files from the character CNS so I can provide any updates without everyone having to download the characters all over again when the only updates are system wise.

The real reason I'm posting though is to ask how many people in general have adopted widescreen for 1.0.
If need be, separating the system files will allow me to easily make a separate system file for widescreen users if it's really popular, since without the bars you really only have half of the character.
#30  December 07, 2014, 01:23:03 am
    • USA
Just did some misc. bug fixes, expect an update in the Silber topic with the new version in the next day or so, since I gotta run after I make this post and can't upload it now.

More importantly, I've added what is hopefully widescreen friendly bars and I've split up the CNS files so I can make system updates without having everyone to download the characters again, because system updates are pretty much separate from the characters.
#31  December 20, 2014, 11:36:05 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice to see you are still working on your project I did try your silber and he is really fun to play with even if he is kind of difficult to use
also are you planning to make a fullgame? if yes there some character that you could maybe use as a replacement to the one in the original roster mostly
Balrog(Boxer) with svc capcom
Honda using Thedge kof sprite
and Thedge also converted marco sprite from garou to kof style
good luck
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#32  December 21, 2014, 12:13:36 am
    • USA
Full game is too much work for me to put out a product in a reasonable frame of time. I'm happy with just releasing them even though the system is entirely different than most characters, and with Gai I'm trying to make them more viable in a nonfullgame format.
I've been looking at heavy D as a replacement for Rob Python, maybe Tizoc for wrestling, but aside from that, I haven't thought about much porting. To be honest the only other fleshed out character idea is making Hanzo as a joke.
#33  December 23, 2014, 10:21:15 am
    • USA
So I was hoping to get a Gai beta out by Christmas, but MAME's recent updates over the past year has allowed me to partially emulate Buriki One whereas I could not emulate it at all 2 years ago. It was at the point where I was so blind and running off my 3 hours experience, my discussion the system with others who owned the game and eyeballing videos a few years ago that Shwa sent me info about the game with a motherboard being sold as an alternate way of replaying to game to get a feel for it, but I decided against it at the time because I would be just eyeballing it again on a terrible TV (also I didn't really have a place to store it at the time and I had 600 bucks in the bank and it was 100 plus the huge shipping for it's weight from Japan).

However, this is good because I can refresh my memory of how the system works and make some big system tweaks as well as make Gai a lot more accurate to his Buriki One counterpart. It runs like garbage, BUT I can hopefully dust off my copy of artmoney and get some velocities out of this and figure out Buriki One's friction among other miscellaneous constants because IIRC I don't need it to be running at 60 fps to get that
#34  January 04, 2015, 09:36:21 am
    • USA
Gai Beta available

Readme is included with the most up to date info with movelist and additional information.

To be done:
- Tweaking velocities
- Grapples
- Finish Sounds
- Hypers

All damage, velocities, animation timings, comboing, hypers, etc. are fair game for change based on feedback.
All feedback is welcome via posting in this thread or through PMs. If you don't have an account and you're lurking this thread and have some feedback, send me an email (info is in the readme).
#35  January 21, 2015, 09:57:33 am
    • USA
Gai Beta build #2

I had no testing or feedback from the last, which I somewhat expected, so I did a big amount of bug testing myself as well as work on more things.

- Hypers are more or less done
- Grapples are complete
- 1/2 to 2/3rds of the sounds are in. I need a few more yelling in for attacks and then I'm in the clear
- PALETTES

As I noted for the last beta release, everything is fair game for tweaking based on feedback, especially certain velocities which even feel weird to me. I'm looking at him being in a complete releasable state hopefully by the end of the month.

Readme is missing the command for the follow up grapple and the super from that, so I'll put it here:
When in the grappling state press UB and you go to the second grapple. From here you can use the hyper (2 bars) with B,U,F,D,B. This command is for testing purposes and may be changed in the future.

Once again, all feedback is welcome via posting in this thread or through PMs. If you don't have an account and you're lurking this thread and have some feedback, send me an email (info is in the readme).
#36  February 23, 2015, 01:35:59 am
    • USA
@Basara Kuroki: (did this work I've never used it)
Do you still have your work files for Ryo? I'm going to edit my artmoney table again and get some data and then work on him. The closest sprites to his Mr. Karate 2 look in Buriki One are the ones from NGBC, but I'm wondering if you made any sprite edits for your WIP that are any different.
#37  March 22, 2015, 01:15:54 am
    • USA

I made a video concerning the future of the system based on my lack of real finding after a good amount of time spent data mining. Also has some Ryo stuff in it but that's very minimal.
Re: Hyper Neo Geo 64 Megathread
#38  November 07, 2020, 09:41:53 am
    • USA
Eyyo, big bump to say that I updated the first post so I don't waste any extra space making a new thread for what is essentially a continuation of the Buriki One project.

I'm not gonna repost it here, but in so many words:
- I am done with MONSTER because it takes too much work to make one character
- I am very excited with Fatal Fury Wild Ambition and want to make that system
- I will be updating my SS64 stuff and maybe will work on Buriki One
Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:06:30 pm by Bannana
#39  November 07, 2020, 11:02:32 pm
    • USA
The HNG64 games are finally being converted! Neat! I understand why Monster style had to go, though. I hope you manage to make Tsugumi Sendoh from FFWA. Maybe look into the PS1 SNK games, like Warrior's Rage, too? We already have a Rinka from that game. I think Sen might be too far, though.
#40  November 08, 2020, 03:54:13 am
    • USA
I mostly do system conversions for 3D only because I don't care for working with 3D on a 2D plane that much, and even ripping and working with textures and models is a nightmare, so while I would like to make Touji myself I would prefer it being a sprite rather than a model, and I'll probably end up making a character that was in other Fatal Fury games.

It's funny you mention the PSX Warrior's Rage and Sen because when I initially worked on SS64 it was just a compilation of the 3D games. I do like Warrior's Rage but the same issue with 3D applies. I never knew anyone made a Rinka though, I really like her and I wanted to make her for SS64 initially.
#41  November 09, 2020, 08:08:37 pm
    • USA
I mostly do system conversions for 3D only because I don't care for working with 3D on a 2D plane that much, and even ripping and working with textures and models is a nightmare, so while I would like to make Touji myself I would prefer it being a sprite rather than a model, and I'll probably end up making a character that was in other Fatal Fury games.

It's funny you mention the PSX Warrior's Rage and Sen because when I initially worked on SS64 it was just a compilation of the 3D games. I do like Warrior's Rage but the same issue with 3D applies. I never knew anyone made a Rinka though, I really like her and I wanted to make her for SS64 initially.

The Rinka Yoshino was made by Tuki No Turugi. It uses shots of her original 3D model:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jig4ft9aj7pvdsz/Rinka%255BTukiNoTurugi%255D.rar/file

And I hope bases for the HNG64-only characters can be found; I think Sendoh could be based on Angel.
#42  November 17, 2020, 01:56:12 am
    • USA
Again, I'm a bit of a slow worker and I've also been doing velocity datamining and gathering up the materials I need, but I have had a little time to throw together the heat bar.

https://streamable.com/at6irh

I like to work with the system backend first before I do much with a character so nothing has been done outside of making the snake arm stance to test the bar gain and decrease.

Losing rolling in 3D space, what's left is this layout:
A = Light Punch  C = Heavy Attack
B = Light Kick   D = Dedicated Ukemi (ground and air)

the D button might also have the F+d redirect that turns the opponent around if I feel like it's a worthwhile endeavor to use it.

Making Yamazaki as I've already made him before and can work faster, the CvS2 sprites are only being used because they have equivalent animations to almost all of the moves in FFWA aside from one running B+C move.
#43  December 04, 2020, 11:26:46 am
    • USA
some stuff!

Guard Impact
Heat Blow (you can use it in hitstun!)

These system things are essentially done, if only with a few bugs

f + D             
Redirect
df                
Crawl
f, f             
Tap to dash, hold to run
b, b             
Backdash
ub/u/uf            
Tap to hop, hold to jump
A + B             
Taunt
f, f immediately on block (before shake)    
Guard Impact
fwd + A + B during block (at hitslide)
Counter Attack (MAX)
A + B + C         
Heat Blow (MAX)

There are two things I'm very unsure about coding: Guard Break and Throw Escape. I know KOF conversions have them but I'm not totally sure about putting them in at the moment. I do basically have Guard Break done, I just haven't set the amount that the moves deplete it, so I guess I'll just do it.

I will be able to do some actual character work soon. My velocity searches have been mixed, but I have close enough results that he feels close enough to the game in terms of movement.
Re: Hyper Neo Geo 64 Megathread (REQUEST ANY QOL FOR FFWA)
#44  December 07, 2020, 12:55:17 am
    • USA
Quick update :O

I'm at the end of the system, just finished up guard break and throw escapes, but I'm making this update for like the 4 people who might read it (lol) to request any quality of life dip switch settings for the config file.

my current list is:

Guard break - This only affects the opponent's guard
Throw escape - This only affects your grabs
FF3 Oversway evade - This is not in FFWA and is not source accurate
Training mode - This determines if you get permanent MAX and the ability to use Super Power (Desperation) Attacks at full health

I'll literally add anything as long as it doesn't overtly change the system, i.e. as much as I like Garou I won't add in Just Defends because the Guard Impact takes that sort of reward for defensive inputs (as a side note, Guard impact itself is actually really interesting. It seems like Marvel pushblock but doesn't use buttons. Instead hitting F, F immediately gives it a sort of parry like property). I do think it would be fun to make an optional Fatal Fury megamix through dips, but that would take a little more time and would be secondary to starting actual character work.