YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 610191 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#121  April 30, 2022, 11:57:24 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I'm not sure for more abs definition..
In SFA style AFAIK there is not so much details in female belly area.
Sure Cammy is muscular, but more than what TigerBoy actually did would be too much. (from my point of view)

Yes, I had a look at this super portrait request.
It was a great choice.
Definitely. This Cammy artwork, even if it's not by Capcom, its is one of the closest modern artwork to what is Cammy in her classic Delta Red design.
Not talking of SFV or SF4.

Perfect choice.
#122  May 01, 2022, 12:14:12 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
I'm not sure for more abs definition..
In SFA style AFAIK there is not so much details in female belly area.
Sure Cammy is muscular, but more than what TigerBoy actually did would be too much. (from my point of view)
I agree. I added the abs details almost 7 years ago, and never received any complaints. I based the abs on the ones on SFA Cammy, so they follow the same art style. Also, there is not much space to add anything without making it look odd. But, perhaps Foobs can show us an alternative.

Yes, I had a look at this super portrait request.
It was a great choice.
Definitely. This Cammy artwork, even if it's not by Capcom, its is one of the closest modern artwork to what is Cammy in her classic Delta Red design.
Not talking of SFV or SF4.
Perfect choice.

I found that image while searching for SF: The Duel, and 'Lycra Cammy'. It's just perfect. No harness.  :bjugoi:

"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#123  May 01, 2022, 07:30:42 am
  • Wandering....
The term 'Cammy Censorship' is something I didn't know about. I just thought it looked cool. Besides, the purpose of doing this pelette is not to censor Cammy (Why the heck would I do that?). I do it to show the char's ability to make her legs a different color than the rest of her skin. In fact, she has two palettes like this, one of them being based on her 'Street Fighter V - The TV Series' look:

Interestingly the second one can easily be palette swap to looks closely to the

Kylie Monique version too

A shadaloo cammy color palette would probably work also

There is also a Doll lieutenant that have similarities

Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 07:48:32 am by The Shakunetsu
#124  May 02, 2022, 09:09:33 pm

Interestingly the second one can easily be palette swap to looks closely to the

Kylie Monique version too
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

A shadaloo cammy color palette would probably work also

There is also a Doll lieutenant that have similarities

Thank you! The one from the movie gives me some ideas. And she already have a Shadaloo version, but needed to be fixed, which I managed to do.

:bjugoi:

#125  May 15, 2022, 09:14:58 pm
Hello again;

Since the last update, I have had a setback. Not only was I very busy at work, but also when I created some palettes, they helped me to notice some errors in the sprites. Most likely caused by the use of MCM for a period of time before using Fighter Factory 3.6. These errors consisted on black spots, along with some discrepancies in the colors of some sprites. So (once again) I had to go back from the start and fix the issues.

At the moment, I have finished revising the sprites up to her intros (I will most likely revisit them in the future). What is left are her attacks, hits, and falls, which consist of half of her sprites. And this is where I have to be more careful, since it is here that most of her original sprites are missing, or have repeated animations. What I once thought of as a simple 'downhill' task, it is most likely a difficult one. I will compare the sprites to the ones from Cammy from POTS, just for reference. So, wish me luck.  :iog: ;)

Also, while fooling around with some sprites, I added a few treats:
-I have added an additional frame to her 'taunt' where she now shows a smile, teasing the other player. It gives Cammy more personality, than to actually be a mindless slave in search to kill her target:

-Using these 'taunt' sprites, I created a new Win Animation: "Smile". She will now place her hands on her hips, blink and smile. I even added a small 'Ha!" sound to the animation:

Here is a new video of Cammy, with her most recent updates:

That is all for now.

Until Next Time!  :bjugoi:

#126  May 24, 2022, 02:13:04 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
#127  May 25, 2022, 12:58:34 am

#128  May 25, 2022, 09:00:40 am
  • Some Party
    • USA
#129  May 25, 2022, 11:14:19 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Sure Dampir do a great work!

I'm not sure these Juli edits can be used for boots editing, it would require some tedious copy paste.
and not even for the "hard part of details" (upper part of boots and laces.)

I would rather sprite over Tiger-Boy's Cammy when she is done, If I'm happy with the result, and still have motivation when it finally happens.

I like the progress, again. Very pleasing.
But I can't wait to finally play a modern 2D cammy with complete Delta Red attire.

Actually, I had many moment's I was about to make my own Cammy edit (with boots, because I cannot wait anymore)
But I hate the idea we split works instead of combine work together :)

Also, It can be tedious to edit millions of new animations based on frankenspriting to add boots when adding it earlier, THEN giving her new-custom animations would make the boot process less boring and repetitive.
But Again, I'm not the one to decide.

One day, I might just give up and go ahead to edit Ohgaki's Cammy into an adult-size version with proper CVS style.
I think his work have more potential than any official Cammy spriteset ever made.
#130  May 25, 2022, 01:23:27 pm
SFF should be available here:
http://justnopoint.com/mugen/sff/

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I would rather sprite over Tiger-Boy's Cammy when she is done, If I'm happy with the result, and still have motivation when it finally happens.

But I can't wait to finally play a modern 2D cammy with complete Delta Red attire.

Actually, I had many moment's I was about to make my own Cammy edit (with boots, because I cannot wait anymore)

One day, I might just give up and go ahead to edit Ohgaki's Cammy into an adult-size version with proper CVS style.
I think his work have more potential than any official Cammy spriteset ever made.

I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly. So, I will answer with respect;

There is no guarantee that you will like the final result of this work.
This is a hobby for me, and I have mentioned before that it will take some time for this project to be finished, due to the many errors and incomplete frames it has.
This char is intended for the MUGEN community, not for you only. So, you have no obligation to wait for it.
If you feel it's for the best for you to work on other 'Cammy's that have more potential (in your eyes) than the one I am working on, you have every right to do so.

If I have misunderstood your message, just let me know.

Best regards.

#131  May 25, 2022, 03:36:59 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
SFF should be available here:
http://justnopoint.com/mugen/sff/

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly. So, I will answer with respect;

There is no guarantee that you will like the final result of this work.
This is a hobby for me, and I have mentioned before that it will take some time for this project to be finished, due to the many errors and incomplete frames it has.
This char is intended for the MUGEN community, not for you only. So, you have no obligation to wait for it.
If you feel it's for the best for you to work on other 'Cammy's that have more potential (in your eyes) than the one I am working on, you have every right to do so.

If I have misunderstood your message, just let me know.

Best regards.

no problem.
My english can be clumsy again. particulalrly when I type a long message.

I don't ask for anything for me. I just wish your work will continue.

And I wish to be the day when it is finished, so I can perhaps try to complete the boots part if i'm still able to.

I don't want to start my custom from Chucho version and waste all the good work you did until now

Again, I don't ask anything, if my message sounds like it, it was noot my asking exactly.

About Ohgaki version, it's juste that I feel like his animation style is over anything Capcom ever did.
But it would require a lot of work to maker her looking like CVS.
And for me too, it's just a hobby. Just a slightly part of my likes. I actually didn't touched any Mugen coding/spriting for more than one month.
So, yes, I understand, IRL is the priority over hobby. :)

I hope no harm is done here.
#132  May 25, 2022, 03:51:42 pm
Hi, I'm not here to spam my shit but, if you want you can edit my SFV Cammy animations with SF Alpha suit to your Delta red Cammy, feel free to do it if you want.

PD: By the way, I really like your work, I found it the other day on youtube looking for Mugen Wips and it looks very good.
#133  May 25, 2022, 06:04:03 pm
no problem.
My english can be clumsy again. particulalrly when I type a long message.

I don't ask for anything for me. I just wish your work will continue.

And I wish to be the day when it is finished, so I can perhaps try to complete the boots part if i'm still able to.

I don't want to start my custom from Chucho version and waste all the good work you did until now

Again, I don't ask anything, if my message sounds like it, it was noot my asking exactly.

About Ohgaki version, it's juste that I feel like his animation style is over anything Capcom ever did.
But it would require a lot of work to maker her looking like CVS.
And for me too, it's just a hobby. Just a slightly part of my likes. I actually didn't touched any Mugen coding/spriting for more than one month.
So, yes, I understand, IRL is the priority over hobby. :)

I hope no harm is done here.

No harm done. I will blame translation. As an artist, you have given me advices that have been very helpful.

The Ohgaki version would not be that hard to edit. Just change the size of the head, and lower the muscle-tone to make it look less SSF2. It would require some work, but not as much as the Cammy I am working on.

Regarding the boots, I don't need to copy/paste. I just need a guide, and then I can do it. Perhaps I can manage to add the boots myself. I just need to know how. The Juli sprites will be useful. I will do some tests and let you know so you can give me your feedback.

Hi, I'm not here to spam my shit but, if you want you can edit my SFV Cammy animations with SF Alpha suit to your Delta red Cammy, feel free to do it if you want.

PD: By the way, I really like your work, I found it the other day on youtube looking for Mugen Wips and it looks very good.

What are these amazing animations you are showing me?!?  :yikes:

New Fierce High Kick?!?

New Win Animation?!?

New Crouch?!?

New Low/close Hit?!?

Special Intro with Fei-Long?!?

Thank you so much for these! I will do my best to add them.

I have also found some other animations for Cammy, and perhaps I should consider using them too:

#134  May 25, 2022, 06:47:27 pm
New Fierce High Kick?!?

New Win Animation?!?

I made a full Cammy SF Alpha sprite sheet, you can download here if you want some new animations redraws from SFV, other games and Juli/Juni moves.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/cammy-color-separation-and-sfv-moves-195952.msg2531721.html#new

This animation was made by me months ago and I publish on my DA account hahaha, feel free to use or modify any animation of the sheet

#135  May 25, 2022, 07:25:04 pm
New Fierce High Kick?!?

New Win Animation?!?

I made a full Cammy SF Alpha sprite sheet, you can download here if you want some new animations redraws from SFV, other games and Juli/Juni moves.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/cammy-color-separation-and-sfv-moves-195952.msg2531721.html#new
Thank you so much!

That Sprite sheet is amazing.

All I need to do is learn how to adapt images from a sprite sheets, and then add them to the char.

Anyone knows where I can find a tutorial?

#136  May 25, 2022, 08:04:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

OMG, I love where this project is going.

When you say adapt image ? You talk about palette work ? I'm not the best for it, I have a method, but it's a bit tedious and not so effective, like mos of mine. Perhaps you can ask on the help thread. ?

About boots, If you can possibly "take it" on in the future, I would "not mind" having to wait long time.
Also, Whenever you need it, I can share with you my tests about Cammy boots design, some of the process is still visible. And can be helpful.
This is my test with Ohgaki.
She would be a great Kof Cammy... I only scalled+ and scalled- then did fast touches.

Perhaps going for a Kof Cammy... It might be my next project if I ever find the time and motivation to finish Kotaro and Shimo...
Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:59:13 am by Momotaro
#137  May 26, 2022, 01:13:02 am
    • Japan

When you say adapt image ? You talk about palette work ? I'm not the best for it, I have a method, but it's a bit tedious and not so effective, like mos of mine. Perhaps you can ask on the help thread. ?

About boots, If you can possibly "take it" on in the future, I would "not mind" having to wait long time.
Also, Whenever you need it, I can share with you my tests about Cammy boots design, some of the process is still visible. And can be helpful.
This is my test with Ohgaki.
She would be a great Kof Cammy... I only scalled+ and scalled- then did fast touches.
Result:
Perhaps going for a Kof Cammy... It might be my next project if I ever find the time and motivation to finish Kotaro and Shimo...

I don't welcome it.
#138  May 26, 2022, 08:51:18 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:16:22 am by Momotaro
#139  May 26, 2022, 02:42:09 pm

I think I managed to do it.
I took the SpriteSheet, and cut out the 'Taunt 2' sprites. From there, I believe I managed to change the colors without having to go spot-by-spot:

But I have to check the colors in FF, then adapt them to the sprite in Photoshop Elements.
If anyone knows how I can do this easier, I would appreciate it if they let me know.  :neutral:

I don't welcome it.

Just an idea.
I will not do.

It's a real shame.
Ohgaki's Cammy it's so good and have a lot of potential, but it will only fit in a NamcoXCapcom game.
It can't be used in others MUGEN games like CVS, SFA, SNK, not even Pocket Fighter.
An edit of the size of the head would have made this char adaptable to any MUGEN roster, and would be highly demanded and downloaded.
A real shame indeed.

#140  May 26, 2022, 05:10:14 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA