YesNoOk

On Progress - Updated 5/9/15 (Read 62257 times)

Started by Liquid Jake, April 01, 2011, 04:54:49 am
Re: On Progress - Updated 6/16/2012
#21  February 19, 2013, 07:31:12 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
OH MY BAD, I didn't notice the date of the last edit >____<

Since this is for your kids I think making Peeves hittable would be nice, it'd make for a fun addition
Re: On Progress - Updated 2/18/13
#22  March 10, 2013, 08:53:29 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Mugen games made with Gaia avatars?

Now I've seen it all.
#23  March 11, 2013, 12:46:33 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#24  March 12, 2013, 05:44:28 am
    • USA
Maple Story sprites, using the Banned Story emu @ maplesimulator.com.

You build the character as a layer, then click clone layer states and it'll create several copies of that character image, one for every move animation that they can do, stacked on top of each other, each in the first frame of a certain, different animation.  Then click clone layer frames and every copy will produce several more copies; Each frame of that animation.  All you have to do then is spread all the copies out so they're not stacked.  That's a whole spritesheet in minutes

There's about a hundred and fifty different character sprites for each wizard, and they've all been done for a long time.

The sprites are the easy part.

#25  June 11, 2013, 02:14:07 pm
  • Catch this!
    • Australia
@Liquid Jake Hello there. I have some question for you.
Answer this questions.
1. Is that MAPLESTORY Characters.
2. Can you please tell me It's M.U.G.E.N?
I really don't know what to put as a Signature back then, and now I do. :')
#26  June 11, 2013, 04:34:26 pm
    • USA
Um... Maple Story sprites, using the Banned Story emu @ maplesimulator.com.

I swear I've said that before...

And yes, it's for Mugen.
#27  June 14, 2013, 03:35:10 am
  • Catch this!
    • Australia
Thank's Sir.

Posted: June 14, 2013, 03:36:08 am
But 3
I really don't know what to put as a Signature back then, and now I do. :')
Re: On Progress - Updated 7/19/13
#28  July 19, 2013, 07:45:22 am
    • USA
Since I'm here, I thought I'd share what I'm up to:  I HATE THIS.

Okay, not really, but where I am now is really really boring, and there seems to be no end to it.  One hundred and five spells, counting every level and the unique-to-character specials, and most of them were done as projectiles when I decided that they should be helpers instead.  So one hundred and five spells were redone with basic yellow sparks in the fightfx file, assuming I'd go back later and make them pretty and unique.  So one hundred and five spells were redone with pretty yellow sparks in the fightfx file, assuming I'd go back later and use palfx to change the pretty yellow sparks to pretty colorful sparks.  Then I learn that you can't palfx the fightfx.  Oh, super.  So, in the interest of overall size, I've decided it's better to put all the sparks in the fightfx, in four different colors, then it would be to put all the yellow sparks in the sff files of thirteen characters, and palfx them from there.  I went to public school, but that seems like good math to me.

Which means going back through one hundred and five spells and hammering out code.  Again.  For sparks.  Which, by now, is redundant and boring.

This is not an inactive project, by any means.   But at the moment, it's not a very exciting project, either.  I understand why games are developed by huge teams of minions, working full days:  BECAUSE MOST OF IT IS MIND-NUMBING CRAP.  But I have huge respect for everyone who's actually completed a project.  Hell, for anyone who's completed anything.  And my kids still like to play around with this game, Tom versus Tom, even though most of the sparks are still just yellow.

So the magic continues...
#29  July 19, 2013, 08:38:27 pm
  • I'm a llama!
I'm certainly glad that you're persisting, and I'm sure your kiddos are too! You definitely have my respect for all you have done and are doing.
Re: On Progress - Updated 12/29/13
#30  January 01, 2014, 09:06:43 pm
    • USA
Another example of finishing one thing only opening more things up:  Inspired by that picture I posted back in post 1, I went back to the Avis spell, which conjures birds.  Now, if you're on fire and you conjure the birds that buzz around your head until you get hit, the birds catch on fire.

That means when casting Oppugno in such a condition, you shoot flaming birds.  Flaming birds hit you opponent, and then they catch on fire.  This never happened in any book or movie, but it sure looks cool.

That counts for something, right?
Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:42:47 pm by Liquid Jake
Re: On Progress - Updated 3/15/14
#31  March 15, 2014, 07:43:28 pm
    • USA

So now there's a combo font.  I can't get beyond 2-hits, but it'll count up to six, and it's no longer the Mugen default.  Hooray!

Beyond that, sill sorting spells and their sparkly effects.  We're close, real close, and then I can brag about it.
Re: On Progress - Updated 7/15/14
#32  July 15, 2014, 08:47:21 am
    • USA
I really am working on this.  Please don't send me down to the Inactive Pit.  I'm pretty sure Iced yells "This is Mugen!" and then kicks me in a hole.  That's how it works, right?

I live in fear that, somewhere in the shadows nearby, Warner Bros is just waiting to jump out and get mad at me.  I have an obscene amount of time invested in this, now, and I'd hate to have to go back and change all the names to something, you know, not totally stolen.  But I am still plugging away, and we're really close now, too.

Because I want you to feel sorry for me, I guess, here's a screen-cap of my working conditions.  You can count the open programs in the task bar (or I can tell you that there's four) and you can see how devastating it is to this machine.  It's crawling with toolbars and adware and crap that comes with every free download my kids go after, and although the kids seem pretty receptive to the whole "just say no" campaign, I'm having a hell of a time getting "just click no" to sink in.

I'm thinking about formatting everything and installing Win95 with Internet Explorer 3.  Then not updating anything, ever.  I bet if they couldn't play flash games or watch Youtube videos, they'd probably leave this computer alone.

It's just a thought...
Re: On Progress - Updated 9/21/14
#33  September 21, 2014, 11:24:02 pm
    • USA
Quadruple post, because I'm that cool.

I'm still here, still working on it, and I updated the first post!
Re: On Progress - Updated 9/21/14
#34  September 27, 2014, 12:03:18 am
Amazing and very creative! Glad that you're still working on this, keep it going :)
Re: On Progress - Updated 5/9/15
#35  May 09, 2015, 10:21:30 pm
    • USA
Updated things, change or replaced the missing pictures on the board.  See the first post!