YesNoOk

Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves. (Read 21923 times)

Started by Zero Space, October 26, 2019, 11:31:48 pm
Share this topic:
Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves.
#1  October 26, 2019, 11:31:48 pm
    • USA
    • MichaelBird1994@gmail.com
No, seriously, fuck their "what's that? You aren't high enough on our dominance hierarchy? Well you can't download jack and shit. But please, upload and make posts that are "constructive.""

Why can't I just download something in a real quick burst when I am looking for it? Why do I have to "contribute" just to download one patch for Warusaki3 and H"'s characters?

This situation has given me pause and made me consider that, going forward, I'm going to personally archive everything that I already got, and that's a huge list. There should be a less centralized hub for MUGEN characters, stages, portraits, screenpacks, etc.. About the only place I trust is here and maybe MUGEN Free For All, but with more Geocities sites and personal websites closing down and everything over the years, the best archivers, at this point, is the community until a better hub for distribution opens up that can be actively maintained. Unfortunately though, MUGEN just isn't as popular as it used to be, and it's a damn shame, because this is an engine where literally anything can happen and you can pit anyone against anyone as opposed to the tightly controlled and honestly character-wasting "guests" that plague every fighting game now because of the trend started with MK9 including Freddy Krueger as DLC. Yeah, SC2 did it first with Heihachi, Link, and Spawn, but that was before the age of paid DLC and the like.
Re: Fuck the MUGEN Archive. Start archiving shit for yourselves.
#2  October 26, 2019, 11:38:21 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#3  October 26, 2019, 11:38:41 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Good, people can stop downloading outdated versions of my stuff and actually download them from the up-to-date links that I provide instead, as should be.
#4  October 26, 2019, 11:57:34 pm
    • USA
    • MichaelBird1994@gmail.com
#5  October 27, 2019, 12:03:03 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Just throwing it out there that a lot of the stuff MA hosts is available in its original download location. I know people like being lazy, but they're not the only place to get stuff, plus they don't actively update things so what they host tends to be outdated.

Whatever is hosted there exclusively is almost always junk, so don't fret over that.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#6  October 27, 2019, 12:20:53 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Dude, I learned a long time ago to not trust Mugen Archive. There are a few sites that does archiving much better (Free for All and Fighters Guild as a start), and they are last resorts because a lot of creators have their own sites where they update their own stuff. So yeah, just calm down because everybody knows about MA, and you can help by going to these creator sites and keep up with the archive.
#7  October 27, 2019, 01:08:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Haha, the heathens once again come out to spread blasphemous lies. They wish to exploit the generosity of our Archive lords and never repay them. Why, this event is merely a reward from our lords for the loyal followers of Mugen Archive. Once our lords decide to withhold their generosity, the heathens shed their masks and show us their true colors. Ah, but I pity these heathens, for they simply needed to swear their allegiance to our Archive lords so they may continue to benefit from their blessings. It is but a small price to pay. But even so, our Archive lords remain generous, as they're simply withholding their generosity temporarily so they may better bless their loyal subjects. Our Archive lords are merciful to the Lurkers and will soon spread their generosity once again. Only those that would dare oppose Archive and attempt to bring it down suffer the wrath of our Archive lords. These heathens continue to spread lies for they're unwilling to accept the generosity and blessings our Archive lords give to their people.

Bless Mugen Archive.

/joke
#8  October 27, 2019, 01:19:25 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Darkflare, you never disappoint with the banter!
#9  October 27, 2019, 05:24:29 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
well.. i hate mugen archive too.
#10  October 27, 2019, 05:37:43 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
#11  October 27, 2019, 05:43:05 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
#12  October 27, 2019, 05:53:25 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
Been out of the loop, I assume it's a warehouse site with a CMS?
#13  October 27, 2019, 05:56:19 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
#14  October 27, 2019, 05:57:48 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Been out of the loop, I assume it's a warehouse site with a CMS?
its the largest repository of mugen content on the net (hence their 1000s of dollars hosting fees that they try and squeeze out of members through granting privileges for donations, as well as early ad ref links and such), notorious for a toxic community and owners
#15  October 27, 2019, 06:04:55 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
for some reason i think MA is a mugen communism
#16  October 27, 2019, 06:10:17 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
MA is for better or worse a useful resource because of how much sheer content is backed up by it, until people can match its library its pretty the only place to get a lot of offline stuff.

What I do is just back up offline content I can only find on MA so that people who don't want to use it or are banned can access it.
#17  October 27, 2019, 07:26:49 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I was fine with 'em until they reupped one of non-Capcom stages from an MVC compilation and shoved it in their Capcom section lol
And now they froze downloads for people who don't actively post in the forums due to traffic. Must be desperate times. Fuck 'em.
#18  October 27, 2019, 03:25:29 pm
    • USA

I Hate that they force you to log in to get big files.
#19  October 30, 2019, 11:55:08 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Bless Mugen Archive.

/joke

lol

for some reason i think MA is a mugen communism

Pretty much that.

Well, i was in Mugen Crapchive a time ago but when i see all that shit they did, specially in that time they used adfly in the links, i decided to blast off all the shit that happend. Guess what? I was banned for "ganking". :P
Not only me but a lot of other creators and editors was banned, many of them for the same reason.

GOH

#20  October 30, 2019, 06:29:06 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Good thing no one has my Mugen characters and you never will!

NEVER I SAY