YesNoOk

Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes) (Read 150856 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes)
#141  July 06, 2020, 01:08:20 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I really liked it. Since you are considering change the sound effects to match the 8bit style more, have you (probably yes) considered to change the visual effects to match the same style?
Yes! Hopefully I'll have it ready for the next update, but I have to redraw a TON of effects and reprogram everything around that so it'll take a bit. Either the next update or the update after that will have 8-bit style projectiles. I already redrew and recolored the hitsparks!

Thank you for the feedback! I made a very quick mockup of how the voices could sound. Btw I'm definitely ditching the SSF2 announcer who I never really liked in favor of the SF2 vanilla announcer.

First half is unfiltered, second half is with an 8-bit filter. Can I get some opinions from yall on which work better?
#142  July 07, 2020, 10:37:26 pm
    • USA
Are you going to incorporate the biker kid in Chun Li's stage. I made an unlisted video showing what that could look like.

I like the new filter. How did you do that?
Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 10:44:17 pm by Pacsonic
#143  July 07, 2020, 11:11:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I really liked it. Since you are considering change the sound effects to match the 8bit style more, have you (probably yes) considered to change the visual effects to match the same style?
Yes! Hopefully I'll have it ready for the next update, but I have to redraw a TON of effects and reprogram everything around that so it'll take a bit. Either the next update or the update after that will have 8-bit style projectiles. I already redrew and recolored the hitsparks!

Thank you for the feedback! I made a very quick mockup of how the voices could sound. Btw I'm definitely ditching the SSF2 announcer who I never really liked in favor of the SF2 vanilla announcer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5KGnWCSKQY[/youtube]

First half is unfiltered, second half is with an 8-bit filter. Can I get some opinions from yall on which work better?

The filtred ones are pretty good!
The effect is good I think.

BTW I'm thinking about it, but it's "youg Ryu" voice.
Is there a reason for it ? It's OK, but since the project is mostly based on SF2 games, I would have imagined SF2 or CVS voices.
It's still ok if you keep it like that.
#144  July 08, 2020, 04:22:56 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Pac: Chun Li's stage will be fully animated, that's all I'm saying right now.  :) It'll be a lot better than the one currently in game.

Nedflandeurse: Thank you! The co-creator of the project used Alpha voices for all the characters, that's the only reason they have them. I've considered changing them up but I'm not sure what to yet.
#145  July 20, 2020, 04:33:07 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
#146  July 20, 2020, 11:16:42 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you that's very interesting. I made the fei long sprites from gba sfa3. I'll take a look at these later and compare them and see if they are compatible thank you!

Since I've been a bit silent, i haven't worked on the game much since I did the interactive stage testing on Ryus stage. I did some testing for more stage interactivity and struggled a bit with the camera but with a lil bit more custom full game coding I think I can pull it off. Some of the things I might do might be firsts for Mugen, or at least rarely done. : )

However, that being said, I think we can call the game being on temp hiatus for now. I'll be back in full swing soon enough though. When I resume, plans are for the next release:
-Scorp
-stage overhaul
-screenpack tweaking and finishing
-music and sound overhaul
-pause menu with movesets and such
-slight control tweaking to incorporate pausing
-updates to all characters to give them the same changes Mike had (palette changing, dynamic shadows)
-palette overhaul on all characters

I also want to add electricity and on fire animations, and start fixing the projectiles to he 8-bit. Not sure if that's next release or the release after that though, we'll see. I've got a lot of work ahead of me lol
#147  August 02, 2020, 12:59:13 am
    • USA
I also want to add electricity and on fire animations, and start fixing the projectiles to he 8-bit. Not sure if that's next release or the release after that though, we'll see. I've got a lot of work ahead of me lol

People have made animation numbers for those. Electricuted is animation number 7696 and burn/on fire is animation 7697.
#148  August 02, 2020, 04:34:00 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It's a full game I can use whatever I want lol
#149  October 18, 2020, 05:53:21 am
    • USA
-slight control tweaking to incorporate pausing

There's a Mugen creator called OmegaPsycho who incorporates that in his characters. Mostly his Mortal Kombat Characters where the game pauses and you can see the character's moves. You might want to look into that if you haven't figured out how to pull that off already.
#150  November 26, 2020, 04:44:39 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you, I may or may not look into that depending on how things go(see below)...so hiatus is over! I'm working on the project again, with the main focus being 3 big things as far as I can remember:

- New character Scorp
- Stage interactivity
- Screenpack tweeks

I also have a question if anyone has any opinions on this, I'm considering moving the project over to IKEMEN for future releases past the Scorp release. In fact if I did it now I wouldn't have to worry about the pause screen and interactive stages would be a lot easier lol. The only issue I have so far is I tried just doing a copy+paste port and the game freezes like 5 secs into the fight. I think all the custom shit I did to trick Mugen into doing this breaks the game in IKEMEN so it'll take a bit of work to get it working over there. But there would be ton of benefits to doing this! Like netplay, not having to rig a pause screen, not having to program stage interactivity into the characters, and all kinds of customization nonsense that Mugen doesn't support.

Is there any reason I SHOULDN'T convert to IKEMEN?
#151  November 26, 2020, 10:54:26 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thank you, I may or may not look into that depending on how things go(see below)...so hiatus is over! I'm working on the project again, with the main focus being 3 big things as far as I can remember:

- New character Scorp
- Stage interactivity
- Screenpack tweeks

I also have a question if anyone has any opinions on this, I'm considering moving the project over to IKEMEN for future releases past the Scorp release. In fact if I did it now I wouldn't have to worry about the pause screen and interactive stages would be a lot easier lol. The only issue I have so far is I tried just doing a copy+paste port and the game freezes like 5 secs into the fight. I think all the custom shit I did to trick Mugen into doing this breaks the game in IKEMEN so it'll take a bit of work to get it working over there. But there would be ton of benefits to doing this! Like netplay, not having to rig a pause screen, not having to program stage interactivity into the characters, and all kinds of customization nonsense that Mugen doesn't support.

Is there any reason I SHOULDN'T convert to IKEMEN?

Good to know this project will continue!
Good luck! your work is great!
#152  November 26, 2020, 08:32:23 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
You can do more with it on I.K.E.M.E.N. You've done all you can with M.U.G.E.N.
#153  December 25, 2020, 07:51:46 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Quick update, nothing real big. I made what should have been an obvious decision and converted to IKEMEN before the Scorp release. The stage interactivity is what made me do it, because it would have been stupid to program all the stage interactivity in Mugen's workaround and then have to redo all of it with IKEMEN's native version lol. It took a bit to fix things around all the full game exclusive stuff I had programmed into the Mugen version, plus stuff that didn't work in IKEMEN in general and having to be recoded instead(storyboard stuff).

So far I really like the new stuff IKEMEN has to offer and it seems pretty easy to work with and learn, next release should be pretty sweet :) I'll start being less vague soon enough promise
#154  January 24, 2021, 10:59:34 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Last update for a while and for anyone out there looking forward to more updates soon it's not gonna be good for ya. So it's going to take me a long time to get any new version of the game out and I always felt it was a niche protect anyway so I don't really expect many people to hang around "excited" about the game for months and years.

However the reason it's going to take longer is I'm completely changing the scope of the game. I want it to be way bigger than what it is now that I've moved to ikemen. I'm learning the new custom coding and I plan to add in a ton of crazy junk like unlockable characters and custom arcade paths. I want to revamp sprites and animations. Some characters I want to change up to make them more combo friendly. Just a lot of work ahead.

Sorry for anyone who just wanted me to keep making more characters and that's all. I'll do my best on this project but I understand if people forget about it. Thank you for supporting this silly little game as long as you have.
#155  January 25, 2021, 01:34:16 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Always kept an eye on this project. Your plan for it seems amazing and I really cant wait to see the final product.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#156  January 25, 2021, 02:31:05 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I've been following this project since the start, it's always fun to see how things change and move on. :)
#157  January 25, 2021, 03:43:52 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Take you time Caddie. ;)
#158  April 21, 2021, 10:18:02 pm
    • USA
For some reason the images from your posts has disappeared. Is it a server issue?
#159  April 22, 2021, 04:41:38 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Probably, smeenet goes down occasionally.

Btw small update, currently working on giving everyone intros, taunts, and more winposes. Know that might not seem like an important thing to add for a lot of people but it was always bugging me and making the game feel less like an actual full game then I wanted. I can show off a couple if there's a demand for it but I understand if there's not lol

Also Dan is back in the game now, but I didn't remove Mr. Saikyo. Gotta love Ikemen ;)
#160  June 18, 2021, 06:14:35 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org

Video of all the new intros, taunts, and win poses put into the game to try and make it feel more complete. :)

Edit: Forgot to add this to the video:
Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:19:47 am by Cobra Caddie