YesNoOk

Nep Heart Thread: Eri and Shana Released (Read 247573 times)

Started by Nep Heart, July 22, 2019, 05:05:51 am
Share this topic:
Nep Heart Thread: Eri and Shana Released
#1  July 22, 2019, 05:05:51 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7dw1mi

Miyako is here to prove the power of Bajiquan to the MUGEN world! This is also my very first character with an actual custom AI, so, you won't have a watch mode pushover for once. With that done, this will be the last character I will be releasing for a while as I'll be mostly just do updates/possible AI patches in the meantime.

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DiiCSJjrHUoppZ82Uu?e=TTwBpf

Updates:

All characters:

- Minimum damage scaling decreased to 10% for normals and specials, although all supers have their minimum damage scaling raised to 40%.
- Significantly decreased power gain on hit and on block across the board.
- Fixed Burst knockback by removing the small gap that allowed for OTGs.
- Fixed a detection error for Gold Burst.
- Standardized pre-wallbounce velocities and launcher recovery times.
- Introduced Gold Mode (however, only Miyako has it atm).

Puella Magi characters:

- Revised Magia Overflow.
- Passive meter gain disabled while performing supers.
- Magia Shield causes hard knockdown on both grounded and standing targets.

Touhou Project characters:

- Removed power requirement for Spell Card Mode. Spell Mode also now has passive power gain.
- Slight revision for Brave Guard.

SNK characters:

- Rolls and air dodges cross more distance.

Kadokawa characters:

- Blast now restores 200 life on hit and 50 life on block.
- Reflection Guard cost reduced to 250 to compensate for lowered meter gain.
- Passive meter gain disabled while performing supers.

Eternal Fighter Zero characters:

- Instant Charge now recovers a minor amount of life and power.
- Reduced healing from Recoil Guard, but now occurs every time it's successful as opposed to every 5 successes.
- Fixed Recoil Guard velocity bug.
- Fixed bug that sometimes made Instant Charge unblockable.

Sayaka Miki:

- Fixed visual error in Prestissimo.
- The x version of Squartatore is now semi-safe on block, y version is now air unblockable and z version now goes farther in zoomed stages.
- Made it so that speed buff occurs outside of Allegro mode and relies solely on Allegro points instead.
- j.2y has more hit velocity, allowing for more consistent follow-ups on hit and block.
- Increased horizontal reach of launcher.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Both x and y versions of Renbuken are speed up.
- Miare Setsugetsuka has increased hitbox size and slightly higher damage.
- All versions of Miare Missile have paintbrushes spread increased, giving them effectively larger space coverage.

Homura Akemi

- Artillery Strike damage slightly reduced and incurs increased damage scaling, but has increased number of hits to help it and AT-4 overcome guts more easily to compensate.
- Fixed a few misaligned hitsparks.
- Mark XIX Desert Eagle's version x, both ground and air, as well as her C4 counter are no longer affected by most anti-projectiles.
- Fixed bug in Rebellion that made it put helpers in custom state.
- Fixed FN Minimi float bug.
- Fixed bug in all versions of L16 that caused it to be unblockable if it hits on frame 1.
- AT-4 has increased damage scaling.
- Rebellion is less affected by damage scaling.
- Bullets from 6.z have slightly reduced frame advantage.
- Time Stop Special now renders all of Homura's attacks unblockable in its duration.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Dash and back hop speeds slightly increased.
- All versions of Ren-Gekki-Shuu sans EX version have less start-up time, increased velocity and capable of plowing through single hit projectiles. Also has more pushback on block, making it harder to punish.
- Shajou-Tai has less end lag on whiff and is completely invulnerable to throws throughout, but reduced ivulnerability against standard strikes and projectiles to compensate.
- Dash attack has increased travel distance.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Fixed bug in j.2z (Short Range) in which Mio would regain control mid-descent.
- Slight speed increase in all Short Range mode normals.
- Slight guardstun decrease on a few Long Range normals.
- Now has a standing overhead normal in Short Range mode.
- All versions of Shikigami Tamer adjusted; The x version has less endlag, but does less damage and has less frame advantage to compensate. The y version is safer and has increased damage. The Reinforced version does more damage, travels slightly faster and has substantially higher guardstun.
- All versions of Onmyouji have faster descent upon reaching peak height and decreased landing lag.
- Little Match Girl versions x and y have decreased guardstun.

Doppel Nanase:

- Fixed hit velocities on all variations of Maiden Typhoon.
- Fixed Maiden Volcannon's off-screen properties for zoomed stages.
- Parry now has suction effect when successful. Parry renamed to Deflect.
- All versions of Maiden Fire are now air unblockable and have slightly larger hitboxes.
- Maiden Capture x has reduced start-up and Maiden Capture y has reduced cooldown.

Nayuki Minase:

- Fixed protection inconsistencies with Keropi Shield.
- Fixed Minase Spring Cleaning's knockback inconsistencies.
- Snow Bunnies orbit Nayuki faster, can no longer be affected by reflectors and render Nayuki immune to projectiles while they're active.
- When summoned by Nayuki, Keropi's new trajectory tracks opponent's last position now.
- Somersault Spike y version is now air unblockable.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Single Stroke no longer pauses juggle timer. Damage increased to compensate.
- Slightly higher frame advantage with all versions of Scatter.
- Closing Ground version y's non-held version sets Mai farther from her starting position.

Archive:

For historical reasons, I've had the courtesy to refer to all previous release threads:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sayaka-miki-nep-heart-185048.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hieda-no-akyuu-nep-heart-185235.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/homura-akemi-nep-heart-185480.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hotaru-futaba-nep-heart-185698.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/haruhi-suzumiya-nep-heart-186049.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mio-kouzuki-nep-heart-186240.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/doppel-nanase-nep-heart-186551.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/nayuki-minase-nep-heart-186719.0.html
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mai-kawasumi-nep-heart-187016.0.html

For my collections thread, visit here (which also details mechanics for an extra bonus):

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/nep-heart-depository-186018.0.html
Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 12:21:17 am by Nep Heart
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Miyako Arima Released, All Other Characters Updated
#2  July 22, 2019, 01:19:03 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
This must be very long overdue, but I never gave any kind of feedback for your characters. Guess I was busy testing OHMSBY's characters, I never got around testing yours. Since your style is different to his even though it has similar mechanics, I'll have to keep in mind of the aesthetics you're going for. So here it is at last, be prepared as I'll be trying to go though all of your characters:

Also, since the feedback might be very long as I'll be having feedback for 10 characters, I'll probably keep updating this post every time I have new ones to add. For now, I'll do Sayaka and Homura first as I use them the most.

General:
-I feel like the step sounds for the walk animation aren't needed and feels too redundant.
-The air dash and double jump effects feels inconsistent.

Sayaka Miki:
-The back dash has no dust effect.
-Her counter block is OP (She can push back the opponent through all physical attacks with no cooldown just by blocking right when it hits, making it impossible to get close to her).
-The landing sound effect on the back dash plays twice when she touches the ground.
-The Scherzo cutlass projectile has no hitspark when it makes contact and disappears by a frame and don't fade.
-The hitspark on the 2nd hit moves along with the opponent on her air throw.
-The gylphs during an forward/back air dash and double jump disappears by a frame and don't fade (There is also no sound for the gylph when she double jumps).
-The 1st hit of light and medium Arioso can hit if her sprite never made contact with the opponent (The red hitbox before Sayaka swings her cutlass is too large).
-She slides a bit instead of hitting the exact spot during Squartatore.
-When fighting against your Homura, it's possible for Grandioso to still follow up when using her counter block instead of failing.
-The running animation during Affettuoso has no step sounds and the 3rd hit has a light hitspark instead of a heavy one like the 2nd hit (I personally think you should add hitsparks for the other hits too with the exception of the last one as the background changed color).
-Tempestoso has no hitsparks and guard sparks when they make contact with the opponent.

Homura Akemi:
-Her double jump has no sound.
-Her counter block is OP (She can push back the opponent through all physical attacks with no cooldown just by blocking right when it hits, making it impossible to get close to her).
-The swing sound on her jumping WA and MA plays after it hits the opponent.
-The Y Mark XIX Desert Eagle projectile appears before she fires her gun (It also disappears before it leaves the stage).
-The flash sound can be heard after she fired the rocket on RPG-7.
-Spatial Movement teleport has no after images like the normal throw does.
-The flashbang on Rebellion has no sound effect when it hits (It also just disappears when it misses).
-After Rebellion ends, the opponent is standing instead of lying on the ground or recovered too quickly from the hit.
-Artillery Strike has too much chip damage and is possible for the opponent to stop blocking after the last hit.

That's all for now, will test more soon.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:23:25 pm by SolidZone 26
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Miyako Arima Released, All Other Characters Updated
#3  July 23, 2019, 07:32:33 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks, that was the kind of feedback I was looking for, although it is little surprising that you've finally did it.

Anyway, some important updates were made just about now. I am aware that there is a recently discovered bug with the guts system on the first hit, but that one's got me stumped in all honestly and I may need to consult a more experienced coder to help me out with it.

All characters:

- Fixed bug that caused characters to fail in retaining momentum while jumping after a dash.

Peulla Magi characters

- Increased endlag from a successful Magi Shield.

Sayaka Miki:

- Numerous graphical and sound fixes/improvements.
- Fixed error in which Grandioso persisted after hitting a helper.

Homura Akemi:

- Numerous graphical and sound fixes/improvements.
- Guard damage reduced for Artillery Strike (although still very high as intended).
- Added a precaution to Rebellion's custom state.

Miyako Arima:

- Removed infinite caused by custom state errors.
- Fixed button-held charge time for 5.z and both x and y versions of Sen-Shippo.
- Fixed errors for a few Ex Specials failing to deduct power on use.
- Tweaked AI.

General:

- I feel like the step sounds for the walk animation aren't needed and feels too redundant.
-The air dash and double jump effects feels inconsistent.
- Double jump has no sound.

Sayaka Miki:

-The Scherzo cutlass projectile has no hitspark when it makes contact and disappears by a frame and don't fade.
-The 1st hit of light and medium Arioso can hit if her sprite never made contact with the opponent (The red hitbox before Sayaka swings her cutlass is too large).
-Tempestoso has no hitsparks and guard sparks when they make contact with the opponent.

Homura Akemi:

-After Rebellion ends, the opponent is standing instead of lying on the ground or recovered too quickly from the hit.

General:

- This one is sort of a divisive one for me since criticism based on this is people either complain if I leave it in or if I remove it, so, the only way I can please is based on how I feel atm. Meaning I'll just keep it in so there is no significant consensus on this to really make a difference.
- I mostly based the specialized air dash and double jump FX on what fits the character thematically, so, it'll never be universal unless they lack something to make them stand out, in which I use a generic FX that I use in their case.
- For the vast majority of fighting games I've played in over 2 decades, I've very rarely seen FGs have an SFX for double jumps. Now, as for characters like Mio, she's an exception and the source game she comes from has similar exceptions like these. Even other commercial FGs have these kind of exceptions (i.e.: Mario and Sonic in Super Smash Bros).

Sayaka Miki:

- The cutlass projectiles do have a hitspark/guardspark, but it was probably too quick to notice. The spark in question is the sword pinning into the target. I've changed that now since it seems nobody was able to ever notice that anyway.
- Don't think I can change the hitbox on the grounds of functionality trumping visuals since the hitbox' sizes are to reduce whiffing.

Homura Akemi:

- I've never ran across this problem before in both 1.0 and 1.1, it might be the specific character she is fighting that is missing sprites/animations perhaps? Nonetheless, I've updated the custom state just to be extra sure.
#4  July 23, 2019, 06:50:18 pm
nice!!!thanks!!!!
#5  July 23, 2019, 10:14:07 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Your stuff is getting even better Nep. :)
#6  July 23, 2019, 10:31:50 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
is it me or is miyako's ai pretty cheap? I'm just asking is all
#7  July 23, 2019, 11:14:53 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
@drewski90

Not really, the AI follows all the same rules as a human player does sans the advantage of not requiring inputs and having inhuman reflexes. I may do adjustable AI levels later, but this is my first time at it and I'm mostly fine with the results I got. She does have a cheap boss mode via 12th palette, but even a human player can access it and it's completely optional.

Edit: Also, did a minor stealth update on one of her FX.
Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:42:41 am by Nep Heart
#8  August 02, 2019, 03:59:32 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Finally got that accursed guts bug (mostly) fixed, that was a 2 week ordeal I had to struggle with. Now with that said, other updates were done, too, for slightly better external balance and better overall internal balance.

All characters:

- Revised Counter Hit; damage bonus and damage scaling mitigation reduced down to 10%, but now 250 power is also rewarded on hit to compensate.
- Fixed Guts system bug that caused characters to have their life reduced by 50% on every first hit instead of reducing damage by 50% when reaching the minimum threshold.
- Standardized Burst blast FX.
- Standardized juggle expiration FX.
- Standardize Guard Crush FX.
- Many heavy normals, specials and supers now cause a slightly more noticable rumble on hit to give them better impact.

- Fixed Brave Guard bug that would sometimes cause it not to recognize directional input being released.

SNK characters:

- EX Specials have their command remapped to "a" command to keep it consistent with other Series Abilities. Hyper Drive Mode command has also been changed to accommodate.
- Hyper Drive Mode no longer grants extra air dash and mid-air jump; replaced with Guard Crush damage being increased instead.

Kadokawa characters:

- Fixed error in Reflection Gaurd guard cost timing. Reflection Guard can also now be done outside of guardstun at a gradual power cost.
- Remapped commands for Reflection Guard to "a" and Blast to "D+a" to keep it consistent with other Series Abilities.
- Power Blast now increases Guard Crush damage.

Melty Blood characters:

- Fixed Shielding flaw that made it fail to recognize unorthodox projectile state controllers.

Homura Akemi:

- Increased damage scaling for numerous moves.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Fixed angle for Nagai-Furi Muki.
- Tenshou-Ranki is now air unblockable.
- A number of normals have their damage reduced.
- j.2z now causes hard knockdown on grounded targets.

Nayuki Minase:

- Reduced damage for all normals except for all light attacks, dash attack and throws.
- Super Nayu-Chan Kick, Surface-to-Air Freezer and Memories With Snow Bunnies have reduced damage.
- Surface-to-Air Freezer can combo into itself now and frozen target falls faster to allow for better juggle timing. Damage scaling compensated.
- Special Collection's clocks have a hitbox on their way down and cause hard knockdown. Also, clocks have a wider spread when they land now.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Fixed error in Closing Ground version y having improper positioning when followed up.

Miyako Arima:

- Corrected error in bouncing rocks still in movetype = A even after their hitbox expired.
- Fixed super armor glitch.
- Fixed some tripping animation quirks.
- Sen-Shippo partially charged version has decreased damage, but full charged has increased damage. Damage scaling also increased.
- EX version of Shin-Kyaku's duration reduced in half.
- Most normals have their damage reduced.
- Damage scaling slightly increased for all standing normals.
- Ground and air throws have increased damage.
- Critical damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%.
- Tweaked AI.
Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:09:44 am by Nep Heart
#9  August 02, 2019, 06:36:25 am
    • USA
Sorry if it's late as things outside of M.U.G.E.N kept me distracted or got lazy, here's the rest of the feedback:

Nayuki Minase:
-Nayu-Chan Twist doesn't have a landing sound effect if performed on the ground (Also both ground and air for EX version).
-Somersault Spike doesn't have a landing sound effect (The EX version does).
-Super Nayu-Chan Kick doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-The afterimages of Keropi is still the normal color even if it's red or white.

Mai Kawasumi:
-Crescent Moon doesn't have a landing sound effect (The EX version does).
-There's no sound effect when Hope disappears.

Sayaka Miki:
-The magical circle effects on the startup of Affettuoso don't fade.
-The hitsparks on 4th and 5th hits of Affettuoso are behind the opponent.

Doppel Nanase:
-The explosion sound can be heard after the effect appears on a successful Maiden Rush.
-When the opponent is grabbed by x Maiden Capture, it looks like they are still floating before slammed to the ground.

Mio Kozuki:
-Red Hood doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-Her taunt doesn't have a swing sound when she throws her projectile and it passes through the opponent after it hits them.

Hieda no Akyuu:
-The x version of Youma Bon can be performed in the air even though the book is placed on the ground (Probably intentional, but it looks weird the book appears that way).

Hotaru Futaba:
-The landing sound effect on the back dash plays twice when she touches the ground.
-Tenshou-Ranki doesn't have a hit sound or a guard hit sound when it connects, it also doesn't have a landing sound effect if it misses.

Haruhi Suzumiya:
-Back dash sound doesn't play when the effect appears.
-The swing sound on her crouching MA plays after it hits the opponent.
-Crouching HA doesn't have a swing sound.
-Her Y SOS Swing doesn't have a swing sound.
-She gets pushed back after using Y Cho-Yusha Thunder (Not sure if intentional).

Miyako Arima:
-The landing effect is played after her two feet is on the ground during her back dash.
-X and Z Ren-Kantai has no sound on the super jump effect.
-Ren-Kantai doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touch the ground.
-Y Ren-Kantai doesn't have a super jump effect, but a sound effect can be heard.
-Light and medium Go-Keiken doesn't have a landing sound effect when she touch the ground.
-The hitspark and guard spark of is misaligned.

Haruhi and Miyako is the same feedback before you updated them again and I got lazy to take a look, so correct me in case if some of those are fixed already. I also noticed something with Sakaya after the fixes, so you might want to take a look at that too.
#10  August 19, 2019, 06:37:39 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 this is actually a pretty big update since custom buffering is something that was overdue for my characters, which means they'll now be easier to control...

All characters:

- the b button now doubles as a shortcut for x+y+z.
- Implemented Vans' custom command buffering system.
- Updated lv3 superpause aesthetics.
- Reduced juggle timer restoration caused by superpause.
- Ground and wall bounces as well as wall splats are now assisted with a specialized hitsound and hitspark.
- Other misc. aesthetic fixes.
- Tweaked Guts system calculation so as to make it so that lower life values reach defense boost thresholds earlier than higher life values, although the 50% defence boost maximum still applies regardless of life value.

Puella Magi characters:

- Magica Boost can be used outside of Magia Overflow, but at a higher cost. Damage scaling mitigation also increased, but only during Magia Overflow.

SNK characters:

- Can only air dodge once before touching the ground or after getting hit.

Kadokawa characters:

- Reduced passive power gain in Power Blast mode.
- Damage scaling mitigation in Combo Blast mode reduced to 5%.
- Fixed error that caused Blast trigger to activate too late.

- All power, life and damage bonuses scale more properly with the Reinforce gauge.
- Removed frame advantage bonus from Reinforce scaling.

Melty Blood characters:

- Max Mode grants 10% damage scaling mitigation at the start of combos.

Sayaka Miki:

- Added j.6z.
- j.2y has increased landing lag on whiff.
- Fixed Allegro mode error in which it will sometimes ignore power requirements.
- Affettuoso is disabled while Allegro is active.

Homura Akemi:

- Replaced all blood sparks with heavy hitsparks/guardsparks for standardization.
- Reduced damage for a few normals.
- Mark XIX Desert Eagle version y's bullet will now disappear if Homura is hit.
- Both versions of Stringer will force the missile to stop homing and dive straight towards the ground if Homura is hit. The z version's missile is made to travel faster as well as now allowing two Stinger missiles out at once to compensate.
- A brief pause occurs during Spatial Movement and "c" by itself won't trigger the move, both to reduce chances of misinputs.

Hotaru Futaba:

- 6y and j.2z (latter on grounded targets only) now cause hard knockdown.
- Reduced the amount of normals that can be jump canceled on block.
- Tenshin-Shou version y retooled to be a combo starter or ender as opposed to a combo extender. Removed OTG capability.
- Reduced damage for Soushou-Tenrenge and Yulhana-Tensho. Both supers also have less resistance to damage scaling.
- Tenshou-Ranki's energy arc from Hotaru's rise is now capable of OTGing.
- Tweaked frame data.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Adventurer version z has increased damage.
- All versions of Red Hood now have a hitbox that drags the opponent with Mio when used in the air.
- Reinforce version of Red Hood goes farther.

Nayuki Minase:

- 5x now OTGs.
- 5z can no longer be jump canceled on block.
- Reduced frame advantage for a few normals.
- Second ground bounce from j.2z and ground bounce from dash attack verion z are now made into a unique hit slide.
- Dash attack version y has Nayuki hop slightly higher, allowing for cross-ups against some characters.
- Dash attack version z has its damage reduced, but now allows for better combo follow-ups against the corner due to new knockdown effect.

Miyako Arima:

- A few normals can no longer be jump canceled on block.
- Chou-Shinchuu version y has slightly more start-up and has an additional SFX at the start of the move to make it more telegraphed.
- Tweaked AI; now scales with difficulty level found in MUGEN's option menu.

With that said, the addition of Vans' Tiny Buffering means that a lot of characters under CPU control will be disabled from the majority of their actions beyond walking and jumping, so, the default AI will even be less challenging as if they already weren't to begin with. So, I'll eventually have to update every character to have custom AI seeing Miyako is the only one who has it atm... not that it matters, MUGEN's default AI is garbage and it doesn't concern me that much.
Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:08:01 am by Nep Heart
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Reisen Udongein Inaba released, all others updated
#11  October 02, 2019, 10:34:32 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7m2mkm

Reisen makes a mind-shattering entry into the MUGEN foray. Don't blink or you might miss it. On the subject, I've always wanted to make another Touhou character and this helps with the issue of Akyuu feeling so lonely. This is also my second attempt at doing custom AI and, unlike my previous attempt, Reisen has adjustable difficulty levels that scale to MUGEN's difficulty option right out of the door. Enjoy!

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikQDgFL_CqXOKSO1Y?e=CM2vbZ

As a tradition to keep characters consistent, everyone's been updated of course.

all characters:

- Tweaked minimal damage scaling.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles became unblockable if they attempt to custom state helpers.
- Change commands for guard cancel counter and guard cancel dash.
- Fixed guard cancel counters from counting as counter hits.
- Reduced liedown time.
- The ability to truly (IAD) instant air dash has been added.
- Standardized jump start frames to 3.
- Fixed wall jump bug that occurred by increasing height needed to perform one.
- Changed ground and air only state indications in all Read Me text files.
- Burst now fills up gauge by 1/3 on hit and changed its restoration formula.
- Changed the way Burst's knockback functions.
- Changed Burst icon.
- Certain health recovery Series Abilities now are made to recover life based on "recoverable health" complete with a recoverable life (red health) meter that shows up while in hitstun.
- Upgraded super background FX.
- New mechanic; Dash Bonus.
- All characters are now made compatible with my Reisen and Vans' Chizuru concerning sealing supers.
- Throw teching made less lenient against human players and AI alike.
- Readjusted guard cancel commands due to confliction with special and super commands.
- Corrected a minor timer quirk in custom command buffer.

Puella Magi characters:

- Fixed Magia Shield's invulnerability from being delayed.
- Magia Overflow no longer resets to full between rounds.

- Fixed Brave Guard's invulnerability from being delayed.
- Reduced meter gain, super cost reduction and health restortiin from Spell Mode.

SNK Characters:

- Hyper Drive gauge no longer resets to full from Hyper Drive Mode between rounds.

- Fixed Recoil Guard's invulnerability from being delayed.

Melty Blood:

- Blood Heat gauge no longer resets between rounds, recoverable health has been reduced to compensate.

Sayaka Miki:

- Allegro healing now pauses while in hitstun.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Fixed issue where pause upon reaching Record Level Max can be canceled into supers.
- Added Gold Mode.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Overhauled all versions of Hakki-Shou including super version.
- A number of specials have less ending/landing lag and some of those have increased damage.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Corrected Kyon's hitboxes.

Miyako Arima:

- Added AI indication icon.
- Go-Keiken versions x and y are now techable.
- Increased dash speed.
- Significantly reduced dizzy status time for shielded lv3.
- Corrected issue with hurt sounds not playing.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Reisen Udongein Inaba released, all others updated
#12  October 03, 2019, 09:02:32 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Quick update for Reisen to address various issues.

- Corrected various aesthetic goof-ups.
- Corrected bug that cause all versions of Illusory Blast to aim in reverse.
- Fixed AI oversight concerning super cancels.
#13  October 03, 2019, 10:38:33 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I'll test the bunny Touhou girl tomorrow. Thanks for another great release Nep. :)
#14  October 05, 2019, 01:24:12 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

I really enjoy the updates on your stuff.
Great work with Reisen, keep on coming Nep.
#15  October 05, 2019, 02:51:40 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks, glad you enjoyed her. Kinda unfortunate timing since I just updated every character to address some feedback from last night. And no, the guts system is not going away, so, people can stop whining about that already.

All Characters:

- Increased damage scaling on all normals substantially, all non-throw normals have damage increased by roughly 10% and lv3 supers now have a minimal threshold of 75% to compensate.
- Meter gain slightly increased.
- Reduced envshake on all attacks that have it.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Increased damage for SOS Live to 400.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Reduced frame advantage on many specials and Lunatic Blast.
- Demotivation now takes away less power on contact.
- Reduced Demotivation's sealing duration to 5 seconds.
- Fixed AI bug that made it randomly freeze after landing.
#16  October 05, 2019, 11:27:08 am
so...who else you have in mind?
#17  October 05, 2019, 12:39:51 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but Reisen’s red health bar seems to reset back to 0 every time she gets hit into a new combo.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#18  October 05, 2019, 07:11:39 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

Not really revealing it until sufficient progress is done on the character, but I may consider skipping out on doing the AI for my next project seeing as it causes people to actually stop playing my characters and turns out to be a waste of time for that very reason.

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but Reisen’s red health bar seems to reset back to 0 every time she gets hit into a new combo.

It is intentional, red health is based on the fraction of the last combo damage (or single hit if there was no combo) the character received, mainly as an incentive to encourage resets.
Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 07:22:00 pm by Nep Heart
#19  October 05, 2019, 10:18:02 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
#20  October 05, 2019, 11:18:28 pm

Not really revealing it until sufficient progress is done on the character, but I may consider skipping out on doing the AI for my next project seeing as it causes people to actually stop playing my characters and turns out to be a waste of time for that very reason.

Her profile picture is usually a hint.

I see, but they didn't have reisen herself, did they?
#21  October 05, 2019, 11:20:14 pm

It is intentional, red health is based on the fraction of the last combo damage (or single hit if there was no combo) the character received, mainly as an incentive to encourage resets.

why would you say people stop playing your characters, I think your characters could not of been anymore beloved and awesome, I use some of your characters for playthroughs
#22  October 06, 2019, 04:12:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

What? lol
Damn, these guys that can't handle against AI. ;P
What matters that you did such good work with the AI of your stuff.
#23  October 06, 2019, 05:24:05 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

What? lol
Damn, these guys that can't handle against AI. ;P
What matters that you did such good work with the AI of your stuff.
You're one to talk letting the AI do all the work for you in your video demonstrations.
#24  October 06, 2019, 05:33:58 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#25  October 06, 2019, 05:53:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It wasn't a matter of not being able to handle the AI. There were legitimate concerns that obviously the AI used. You would know this if you actually....you know....fought the AI yourself.
#26  October 06, 2019, 08:13:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
It wasn't a matter of not being able to handle the AI. There were legitimate concerns that obviously the AI used. You would know this if you actually....you know....fought the AI yourself.

That's what i did actually just like i said.

Here's an example. Me playing with Giang's Touhou characters against Sennou's stuff that have such tough AI. And i got 'em.
#27  October 09, 2019, 03:43:40 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Probably should have taken that to PM since this is mostly a feedback thread, guys, although not really angry with anyone here except towards myself for a big oof from leaving a big oversight in Miyako while updating her. Made a quick update to correct that glaring issue.

- Fixed Blood Heat oversight that made it fail to reset properly whenever Arc Drives are used.

Edit: Had to make another small update and reupload just after this one since there was a roundstate error.
Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:10:48 am by Nep Heart
#28  October 09, 2019, 12:26:21 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Kind of a shame that you might skip out on the AI for your next character, though have you also thought about making separate AI patches on all your characters for the people who do want the challenging AI?
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#29  October 09, 2019, 10:33:05 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Most likely in the future, although the main intent of releases has always been for the gameplay over AI, the latter was mostly an extra and my attempts at experimenting with new challenges. I've noticed people are less likely to play a character if it has custom AI, so, the extra time put into them can feel a little wasteful in a way. Also, I'm not exactly the most confident at my AI coding skills atm, so, I still have a a lot more to learn.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Youmu Konpaku released, all others updated
#30  November 10, 2019, 07:27:19 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nu0ix

The things that Roukaken cannot cut in MUGEN are next to none! I've delayed this character a little bit due to a combination of procrastination and the upcoming cold weather slowing down my work in general, but otherwise, my third Touhou character is complete. Unfortunately for some, she doesn't come with custom AI for as I wasn't exactly motivated to do it this time, but she was meant to be played than watched anyway.

Get Youmu here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikXZPEumVRXbCPH4L?e=WRTcbd

As per usual with each character release, updates are to be made for correction and improvement.

All characters:

- Updated several hit-based aesthetics.
- Air throws now disable control on whiff.
- All power-up Series Ability modes have their damage bonuses reduced.
- Recoverable health formula modified.
- Introduced jump link loop limiter.
- Added better custom state compatibility against player type helpers.

Touhou Project:

- Fixed Spell Mode FX error for 1.1.
- Timer reduced to 20 seconds, but now grants a 50% movement speed increase for Spell Mode.
- Increased endlag for Brave Guard.

Eternal Fighter Zero:

- Corrected alignment for match win screen.

Melty Blood characters:

- Reduced Blood Heat damage bonus.
- Corrected alignment for match win FX.

Homura Akemi:

- Fixed Rebellion bug that would sometimes trap P2 in custom state.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Increased overall damage for non-supers slightly.

Doppel Nanase:

- Maiden Armageddon can now hit air targets and be combo'd into. Damage and damage scaling compensated.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Youmu Konpaku released, all other characters updated
#31  November 10, 2019, 08:47:26 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Some low IQ combos:

Ohoho, other than few nitpicks about FXs and Myon's debug floods I gave you on Discord, she is definitely the most fun character I have downloaded on Guild for a long time (possibly your best character so far as well). Good stuff good stuff.
Re: Nep Heart's MUGEN Thread: Youmu Konpaku released, all other characters updated
#32  November 11, 2019, 12:43:43 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Naisu, her combo trees are probably some of the funnest that I've designed.

Speaking of those issues, just updated Youmu to address a number of aesthetic errors and bugs including the debug flood that happens when using Wicked Soul for 1.1 (for some reason, the debug errors don't happen in 1.0 miraculously).

Go redownload her for those fixes.
#33  November 11, 2019, 03:00:18 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Well, that's why when i tested her in 1.0 i ain't found any serious issues.
Also, for the record, i think this your best character so far Nep. Youmu combos are just amazing!
#34  November 12, 2019, 02:40:55 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks for the video, I'll admit she also has been the funnest character to work on so far and one I've wanted to do the most right up there with Haruhi and Madoka.

Anyway, there is an oversight I made while messing with Blood Heat last update where it would reset too soon (I don't want to do another Melty Blood character for a while because of how ridiculously complex their system is lol).

That should be fixed now, so, redownload Miyako to get the correctly working version.
#35  November 13, 2019, 04:30:11 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Someone just pointed out a glitch with Youmu's reflector, so, I've swiftly amended that oversight since it's pretty gamebreaking...

- Fixed glitch that caused Netherworld Reflection Slash to overstack and inflict excessive damage.
#36  November 14, 2019, 09:28:32 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 OOf, forgot to turn off the win screen test with Mio, so, it appears even in the middle of a round. Gonna fix that real quick.

- Corrected error in which win screen testing is still left on.
Re: Nep MUGEN Thread: Akari Ichijou released, all other characters updated
#37  December 25, 2019, 09:19:46 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7pmsti

The unexpected legend of Kyoto runs away from home and into MUGEN! It has been two long months since working on Akari, but exploring completely new territory in coding characters that I've never done before was actually a lot of fun. As the last character of the year and nearly a year since the release of my first SNK character, this is my Christmas present for fans and players of MUGEN. Happy holidays, everyone!

Get the little magical brat here:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikjO3COn3A4hrSmRF?e=JX6NTy

As always, everyone else has been updated:

- All characters:

- Gethit voices are standardized to function in most custom gethit states now.
- Replaced the majority of velsets with posadds in normals for older characters in order to allow them to retain momentum from a dash like newer characters do.
- Revised hitdefattr detection system, allowing for increased consistency in detecting throws and hyper based attacks, helpers and sctrl-based projectiles.
- Tweak custom command buffer to reset when used to cancel into specials/hypers, reducing misinput.
- Tweak commands for universal guard cancel mechanics to be more simplified.
- Corrected Spell Bonus error when helpers collide with other helpers.
- Fixed bug that causes MUGEN to crash when forcing two targets into custom hitfall at once.
- Read Me files are updated to denote the generation style of each character at the top.

SNK characters:

- Implemented win screen.

Homura Akemi:

- Slightly increased delay between each use of Spatial Movement to reduce accidental inputs.

Hotaru Futaba:

- All versions of Hakki-Shou have their projectile limit removed.
- Reversed command for Shajou-Tai to reduce misinputs while attempting other specials and added new variations of the move.
- Increased damage for Yulhana-Tensho.
- Added Gold Mode.

Doppel Nanase:

- Maiden Capture version z has increased damage.
- Two new variations of Maiden Meteor added.

Nayuki Minase:

- Reduced frame advantage for many moves.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Mind Explosion x and y versions have increased hit gravity, fall recovery occurs sooner and standing variants have increased recoil on hit.

Youmu Konpaku:

- Fixed wallbounce hit bug.
- Adjusted velocity of j.2Z
- Fixed bug in which Medium's Bind would sometimes fail to penetrate projectiles.
- Fixed bug in which Netherworld Reflection Slash's powergain and damage would stack onto itself rapidly.
#38  December 27, 2019, 04:02:44 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Glad to see such great version of Akari. Thanks Nep. :)
#39  December 27, 2019, 10:58:47 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
It's only come to my attention that there is a minor flaw in the math of my cornerpush system, so, I need to make a quick update for everyone to address this even if it doesn't occur often in gameplay. Thankfully, it doesn't really impact your video, Gui. Glad you're having fun with her nonetheless.

- Corrected minor flaw in cornerpush calculations that sometimes would cause it to not work properly on the left corner of the screen.

Edit: Redownload Akyuu, guys, made a typo on her coding that crashes MUGEN.
Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 09:21:16 pm by Nep Heart
#40  December 27, 2019, 11:38:28 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#41  February 01, 2020, 12:56:10 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Went ahead and updated everyone seeing as Eri's drastically different universal mechanics have no impact on them.

All Generation 1 characters:

- Adjusted custom hitfall.
- Adjusted hit velocities to compensate.
- Corrected more aesthetic errors.

Kadokawa characters:

- Increased scaling on first hit of Combo Blast.

EFZ characters:

- Reduced damage on all normals.

Akari Ichijou:

- Corrected some gethit bugs for clone.
- Adjusted AI.
- Adjusted clone's AI.
- Slightly increased air dash start-up.
Re: Nep MUGEN Thread: Eri Hasumi released, all other characters updated
#42  February 17, 2020, 11:55:44 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7rwv08

Eri escapes from Blade Noa and enters the MUGEN world to seek freedom. This characters is the first of many things; the first to made by me in a brand new mechanic, the first character to be made by me in 2020, the first hi-res character made by me, the first Vanguard Princess character made by me and so on. Considering this is an experimental system that differs greatly from Generation 1 as my previous stuff were made under, Generation 2 is a fresh new experience that definitely will continued to be polished in the near future that requires a different approach.

Get her here and have fun: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37Dikl3NylQ4gUYucK_u?e=Za6mUC

As usual, updates to my previous stuff correspond to the new release.

- Adjusted damage and damage scaling ratios of normal; more damage per hit, but scales more per attack.
- Minimum damage scaling for normals and specials increased to 12.5%
- Tweak hitstun decay.
- Tweak Guard Crush animations.
- Revised juggle expiration knockdown.
- Change tech and ground hit sounds.

Homura Akemi:

- Reduced projectile untechable time.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Restored projectile limiter.
- Decreaesed projectile untechable time.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Reduced projectile and assist untechable time.

Doppel Nanase:

- Loosened input for Human Floor-Burning Polisher.

Miyako Arima:

- Non EX Shin-Kyaku versions have slightly longer hitbox duration and hitbox comes out earlier.
- Tweak AI.

Youmu Konapku:

- Corrected Spell Bonus failure for Lotus Stance Cut.

Akari Ichijou:

- Added projectile limiter.
- Decreased projectile untechable time.
- Tweaked AI.
#43  February 18, 2020, 07:34:44 am
    • USA
Been keeping my eye on this one for a while and wanted to take a look when she's released, here's some feedback on her:
-The hitsparks and guard sparks appears half a second late during Feather Roll when it connects.
-The hitspark appear half a second late on the last hit of y Bead Smash.
-The jump sound effect plays after the hitspark appears during Air Spike and Stinger Spike.
-A 7th hitspark appears during Stinger Spike when it only hit 6 times.
-The 1st hitspark is the only large hitspark instead of the last one during Stinger Spike.
-There is no landing sound effect when she touches the ground at the end of Feather Roll.
-Landing effects are not properly aligned not as she slides a bit when she touches the ground during a forward/backwards jump and dash.
-The landing effect is bigger than normal after touching the ground during Air Spike and Stinger Spike.
-The landing effect is smaller during one of her intros where she lands on her butt during Intro 2 (Probably intentional, but thought I mention it).
-There is a landing effect when jumping and the beginning of Feather Roll (I know it's a new style of yours, but it feels off when it's there as well as there's no sound effect for it).
-It feels off to have a landing sound effect when she never left the ground during the end of the running animation and Reverse Sobat (Should have it's own sliding effect and sound instead).

The feedback is mostly about the Generation 2 style than Eri herself. The gameplay itself is fine, but do keep in mind about the aesthetics when making more characters in the style. Overall, I find this new style interesting and I hope to see more of it.
#44  February 18, 2020, 01:40:01 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks for the release NH !
Looks very good!

BTW, is there a way to have a picture preview of your other characters.
I see a lot of names, beside of SNK, Melty Blood and few other characters, I have no idea who are all these characters.

I think I already tried some of them before, but some others I have no clue.
Thanks
#45  February 18, 2020, 08:05:48 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Great version of Eri, really enjoy the new system. :)
#46  February 18, 2020, 09:56:17 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 To address some issues, I've went ahead and updated Eri, Miyako and Akari.

Eri Hasumi:

- Corrected many aesthetics.
- Tweaked Stun damage formula.

Miyako Arima:

- Corrected posadd for Chou-Shinchuu EX. Also corrected bug in which the AI will use the move 1 frame early from hitstun recovery.

Akari Ichijou:

- Corrected hitvelset for KO override.

Those unknown "names" are mostly character groups corresponding by series or collection of series. SNK = Hotaru Futaba and Akari Ichijou, Melty Blood = Miyako Arima and so on since gameplay for Generation 1 are tiered between universal, series and character specific mechanics. @Ned

Anyway, seeing as the character has been received fairly well privately and publicly, I decided to do yet another first time thing; opened a poll to allow votes for who I will work on next for Generation 2. I already have a character planned out after finishing Eri, so, the voted character will be made after I release my next character.
#47  February 18, 2020, 11:23:08 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  Those unknown "names" are mostly character groups corresponding by series or collection of series. SNK = Hotaru Futaba and Akari Ichijou, Melty Blood = Miyako Arima and so on since gameplay for Generation 1 are tiered between universal, series and character specific mechanics. @Ned

Oh thanks.
By "name" I was more like talking about some actual character names.
Akyuu, Doppel, Nayuki... I think it's anime girls or Touhou stuff.

Anyway, I will google it and find out. Or just try all your characters, actually they are good, so why not :)
#48  February 18, 2020, 11:36:07 pm
in the votes list, did you not already do both hotaru and miyako?
#49  February 18, 2020, 11:40:28 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Yes, but they were made in Generation 1 style, which is a drastically different gameplay style all things considering. It's sorta similar to how RicePigeon has remade characters, although I would say the "remakes" would end up more significant between Gen 1 and 2.
#50  February 19, 2020, 12:32:01 am
  • Self Taught Big Man
  • kanye west 2
    • USA
the contrast between anime sounds and the meaty unga XIII-ish gameplay is amazing and I can't wait for more
yall bes be movin along now
#51  February 19, 2020, 06:35:24 am
    • USA
Looks like a good portion of the aesthetics are fixed. However, I got some issues regarding them and found a few more:
-The last hit of Stinger Spike is small while the hitspark of the first hit of Stinger Raid is large even though they both has the same (1,4) hit sound.
-The landing sound effect plays half a second late when the last hit of Feather Roll connects and Eri is already on the ground.
-Swing sound plays before the swing during standing Blowback Attack.
-The hitsparks on any of her jumping attacks when hitting the opponent in the air is misaligned.
-Eri doesn't stay still as she slides a bit after landing from a jump and the landing effect is placed where she landed.

It looks like you still have the same effect when both jumping and landing. I guess it's intentional for your style, but it's hard to know what you are going for since it's new and unfamiliar. I personally don't like it as it looks like it plays twice when trying to jump right after landing.

Also while I was testing, I realized the sprites, hitboxes and some of the portraits are the same as Sennou-Room's. If you planning to make Yukina next and use his resources like Eri, do put his name in the credits next time.
#52  February 19, 2020, 06:59:29 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Also while I was testing, I realized the sprites, hitboxes and some of the portraits are the same as Sennou-Room's. If you planning to make Yukina next and use his resources like Eri, do put his name in the credits next time.

Tbf, Sennou-Room took all his Eri resources from ZSM, so, not sure if it would even be correct credit to attribute it to the latter, but I think it's moot because I've always took the SFF and AIR files from pre-existing characters ever since Sayaka, so, you're kinda super late on that.
#53  February 19, 2020, 07:48:09 am
    • USA
Tbf, Sennou-Room took all his Eri resources from ZSM, so, not sure if it would even be correct credit to attribute it to the latter, but I think it's moot because I've always took the SFF and AIR files from pre-existing characters ever since Sayaka, so, you're kinda super late on that.
Ah, I see. The only reason why I noticed it now as you used the same lifebar portrait as his. Not sure if Sennou made it or already exists. It makes sense for the sprites themselves come to think about it.

As for the AIR file personally, I still would as I wouldn't had done all the work by myself since they done them from scratch. I wouldn't want to get in trouble with other authors for using their AIR files without proper credits. I'll be honest and admit I'm also using the existing hitboxes for my WIPs as they were still unfinished or incomplete. Probably why I was this late as I didn't get around doing feedback until a certain Generation 1 character (Don't remember which one).
#54  February 22, 2020, 10:28:20 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I was probably inevitably going to make a number of mistakes with these hitsparks on my first try since hi-res hitsparks are a whole different ballgame to work with. Anyway, unless I get reports of game breaking bugs, this will be the last update I'll be doing for Eri in a while until the next Gen 2 release.

Eri Hasumi:

- Corrected more aesthetic issues.
#55  March 11, 2020, 08:15:51 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Right, so, the poll ended yesterday and now I can actually see the results from both MFG and MFFA respectively.

Lilith is the winner for Generation 2's next project, which I'll start when I get far enough into Neptune's development. Thanks for participating, everyone!
Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:23:35 am by Nep Heart
#56  March 11, 2020, 10:11:54 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Yes! female grapplers are badass!
#57  March 22, 2020, 09:48:20 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks to Inkrebuchet, I've found a solution to universalize hit friction against targets regardless of their friction constant. If you've noticed how grounded combos would fail against specific characters who are rather slippery (i.e.: sudara13's characters), it's likely their friction value and this solves that problem now.

- Fixed issue in which all sounds would cut off if canceled into supers from multi-hit moves.
- Removed instant air dashing to avoid accidental inputs.
- Corrected hitfall FX error.
- Reassigned some archetypes according to optimization findings.
- Revised Guard Crush formula.
- Revised cornerpush formula to follow according to hitstun decay timer.
- Added custom hit friction, now allowing grounded combos to work on slippery characters.

Touhou Project:

- Simplified Brave Guard.

Melty Blood:

- Shield can now be held at cost of power.
- Power gain from shielding now scales based on Heat gauge.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

-Increased duration of Itsuki by 50%.

Miyako Arima:

- Crouching Light now OTGs.
- Completely overhauled AI.

Akari Ichijou:

- Reduced Hagure Hitogata's life to 200.
- Corrected error in which invulnerability did not trigger in pre-pillar frames of Harai Tenku.
- Damage for Shikigami Hyakkiyakou increased.
- Tweaked AI.
- Whiffed air throw has a hitbox on the way down instead of only when hitting the ground and has a faster descent.

Eri Hasumi:

- Increased guard damage for Power Style normals.
- Slightly increased leniency for Deflect.
- Tweaked AI.
- Corrected read me error for Stinger Rush's command.
- Corrected certain hitsparks not appearing during P2 KO.
- Corrected afterimage error for Supersoldier Strength during custom states.
- Added custom hit friction, now allowing grounded combos to work on slippery characters.
#58  March 23, 2020, 08:20:17 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Quick update due to a minor mathematical typo that leads to an otherwise huge consequence.

- Corrected error in cornerpush that makes it eventually reverse instead of increase.
#59  March 23, 2020, 11:34:28 am
    • USA
Just tested Eri. But for some reason, an old bug presented itself once again:
-The hitsparks and guard sparks appears half a second late during Feather Roll and the 1st and last hits of Stinger Spike when it connects.

Since I mentioned that too, the hitspark on the last hit of Stinger Spike should also be large just like Stinger Raid since it uses the same hit sound as well. You might want to take a look at that.
#60  March 27, 2020, 12:23:12 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Made small gameplay and aesthetic updates for Eri.

- Corrected hitspark timing in certain moves desynchronizing 1 frame too late.
- Corrected cornerpush on Bead Smash pushing too far.
Re: Nep MUGEN Thread: Neptune released, all other characters updated
#61  April 21, 2020, 04:46:01 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tf6e0

Neptune breaks the fourth wall and decides to Nep things up! As my very first collaboration project roughly a year's worth of combined effort, me and Shimmering Brony presents the main protagonist of Neptunia and the overseer of Planeptune herself. We've worked harder than we usually do in our respective MUGEN trade to make Nep Nep possible and she's finally here after a long wait. We've had fun with this project and we hope you enjoy the product of our release. Enjoy!

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikwowwnRSDMYZHSly?e=StERxU

Now for the routine updates and fixes for everyone else.

- Reduced active frames for Burst and changed its command.
- Simplified command for teching.
- Corrected bug for custom hit friction that caused MUGEN to crash whenever more than one target is acquired.
- Moved recoverable health meter to a lower and more convenient location.
- Adjusted position for some character specific gauges.
- Corrected enemy hit SFX/FX system sometimes not playing/showing whenever a helper acquires a target.
- Corrected Guard Crush delay bugs.
- Tweaked AI for all characters except Reisen.

All Generation 2 characters:

- Corrected bug for custom hit friction that caused MUGEN to crash whenever more than one target is acquired.
- Corrected and updated various FX triggers.
- Tweaked AI.
#62  April 21, 2020, 10:28:45 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Hell yeah, the pudding goddess! :3

Thanks a lot for the amazing work Nep.
#63  April 21, 2020, 10:55:25 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Don't forget to credit Shimmering Brony, he did half the work on this character.
#64  April 21, 2020, 11:16:53 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Hooray for Neptune!!!

Thanks to both you and Shimmering Brony, keep it up fellas
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#65  April 22, 2020, 12:11:58 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#66  April 22, 2020, 07:37:19 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
Its been a long awaited moment since I started spriting her, and me and Nep Heart put the love and effort into this character, as we both really hoped for a Nep character and now our dream became reality. :)
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
#67  April 22, 2020, 08:02:09 am
    • USA
Nice Nep! My only gripe is that the voice clips feels too low and you could barely hear her voice during gameplay.

Its been a long awaited moment since I started spriting her, and me and Nep Heart put the love and effort into this character, as we both really hoped for a Nep character and now our dream became reality. :)
You and Nep Heart did an amazing job on the character. Great job on her you two.
#68  April 22, 2020, 08:26:01 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

The sprites are really well made. I'm glad to see Neptune in such great version for MUGEN thanks to you Shimmering and Nep. :)
#69  April 22, 2020, 09:54:00 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
was proud to be a beta tester of her shes extremely well made.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#70  April 30, 2020, 10:14:11 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

- Added "Perfect" win FX and SFX.
- Corrected occasional bug in which P2 is briefly invulnerable during Guard Crush
- All normal attacks cause increased pausetime upon counter hit as opposed to heavy normals only. They also now delay hitstun decay by 30 frames.
- Reduced movement velocities for mid to higher speed ranged characters to tighten ratios between them.

- Reduced counter hit bonus damage.
- Increased damage scaling for normal throws.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Guard Cancel Counter is now made into a single hit.

Neptune:

- Reduced guard stun for first two projectiles of Rapid Elemental Edge. Also reduced hitbox size of fire and ice projectiles.
- Slightly increased damage scaling for Break Crush.
- Increased damage scaling for Victory Slash.
- Slightly increased damage for Cross Combination.

Eri Hasumi:

- Increased width of Stinger Spike's hitbox significantly, reducing chances of whiffing in its appropriate range.
#71  May 01, 2020, 01:26:02 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Whoops... necessary bump, accidentally left the debug stuff on, resulting in Nep having limitless Shares. Went ahead and fixed that quick.

Neptune:

- Corrected error in which debugging variables was left on, resulting in unlimited Shares.
Re: Nep MUGEN Thread: Kano Kirishima released, all other characters updated
#72  May 23, 2020, 09:44:17 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u2ymp

Kano makes a magical wish into MUGEN. Probably my first fully dedicated character release who very much plays on the defensive side and is rather high execution, so, she may not be as easy to bring out her potential as my previous Generation 1 characters, but she's got a lot of tools at her disposal thanks to the unique Aria mechanic. This is also the return of an EFZ character as I haven't made one in nearly a year.

Enjoy!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikzVuaMP1JX9sMvzi?e=TNQtuU

- Updated method of all project reflectors with how they handle sound channel nullification.
- Wallbounce FX updated with custom FX.
- Corrected error in perfect FX.

- Corrected bug in attack landing lag sometimes cancelling early.

All Eternal Fighter Zero characters:

- Added Gold Mode.

Nayuki Minase:

- Decreased damage for all normals and a few specials/supers.
- Increased landing lag for aerial specials.

Akari Ichijou:

- Corrected bug in portal projectile redirection velocity.
- Corrected cinematic detector to cover more scenarios.
- Tweaked AI.

Neptune:

- Corrected bug in which Elemental Status effect would reappear and loop even after a round is finished.
- Corrected a few sprite issues.
- Tweaked damage and guardstun for all normals and elemental projectile specials.
- Cross Combination now does increased damage when Elemental Status weakness conditions are present.
- Tweaked AI.
#73  May 24, 2020, 03:37:11 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Uploaded a quick hotfix for Neptune since she had a few minor stuff to address.

Neptune:

- Further corrected some sprite and animation errors.
#74  May 25, 2020, 01:37:20 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Glad to see such amazing version of Kano Kirishima. :)
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Lilith released, Eri Hasumi updated
#75  June 23, 2020, 06:19:37 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ulzbz

Lilith slams the competition! My birthday release that I will share with all of you is my second Generation 2 character from Vanguard Princess converted to my newer custom style, it's Lilith! She's a bit more execution heavy than Eri since she's my first character with 360 motions, but I assure everyone that they'll be more lenient to do than normal due to the custom command buffer I use for my stuff.

Get my birthday present here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DilETifmPwwxPjFyyi?e=E1MEeo

With her release, I'll now reopen the Generation 2 poll from last time with a new addition added to the list of WIP candidates, this will last 30 days before it's closed.

- Corrected damage scaling bug in which the hitcount value would persist in guard strings.
- Revised method for hit/guard spark positioning to account for hittable helpers.
#76  June 23, 2020, 07:50:01 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Absolutely AMAZING I was waiting for her! And happy birthday Nep!! <3
#77  June 23, 2020, 09:21:45 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Happy birthday Nep and thanks for this great Lilith.
#78  June 27, 2020, 02:29:34 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Reuploaded Lilith with a few fixes applied to her.

- Corrected super cancel/Boost bug where the target would freeze in place when using Hyper Face Bomber.
- Corrected bug where Purgatory Flame fails to read what style Lilith is in that determines its damage.
#79  July 19, 2020, 01:50:43 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

- Adjusted juggle gravity timer.
- Adjusted Max Drive Mode timer.
- Tweaked AI to account for system adjustments.

Lilith:

- Corrected bug where Lilith would freeze in place if Hyper Face Bomber retains no target on hit.
#80  July 25, 2020, 05:34:30 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

So, averaging out the results from both forums, Hakurei Miko won with an average of 12.8275 over Yukina's 11.795. May start the actual project towards the end of the year or somewhere early next year for I am pretty much on break from any WIPs asides from the Reimu one that I need to finish.
#81  July 25, 2020, 07:40:38 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA

So, averaging out the results from both forums, Hakurei Miko won with an average of 12.8275 over Yukina's 11.795. May start the actual project towards the end of the year or somewhere early next year for I am pretty much on break from any WIPs asides from the Reimu one that I need to finish.

Better not get lazy like her!
#82  July 25, 2020, 07:40:38 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA

Better not get lazy like her!
#83  July 29, 2020, 11:20:33 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I go at my own pace lol. Besides, I want to do other things.

Anyway, fixed a serious bug in the combo system while tweaking the gravity mechanic.

- Corrected bug in juggle gravity sometimes not resetting correctly.
#84  August 02, 2020, 11:12:39 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Oi Nep, just found a bug on Hotaru.
On the left side, I can keep hitting the enemy without being pushed back. (Both on 1.0 and 1.1)

#85  August 04, 2020, 01:34:35 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks, checked into it and realized I forgot to correct her cornerpush math back when I corrected it for everyone else.

I originally planned to mass update on Reimu's release, but it's probably better to get these bug fixes and balance changes out of the way sooner. However, I'll exclude the Touhou characters from this update since I still need to finish their win screens.

All Generation 1 characters (except Touhou Project):

- All non-attack based supers now lock power gain while active.
- Revised Dash Bonus.

All Eternal Fighter Zero characters:

- Reinforce damage bonus max reduced from 10% down to %5.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Corrected cornerpush bug.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Revised Manipulation of Power - Blitz; now made into a triple cluster of fireballs.

Miyako Arima:

- Corrected hit detection issues for helpers.
- Revised method for super armor.

Akari Ichijou:

- Adjusted damage for all non-EX versions of Shikigami Tenku.
- Adjusted the function of Power and Defense tags' status effects slightly.
- Portals now disappear when Akari is hit.
- Tweaked AI to account for aforementioned power lock.

Neptune:

- Tweaked AI to account for aforementioned power lock.

Kano Kirishima:

- Corrected Aria HUD sometimes omitting level blocks at full charge.
Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:37:36 am by Nep Heart
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Lilith released, several updates for many others
#86  September 05, 2020, 02:49:08 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Major updates for the Touhou cast and a minor updates for a few other characters. Also updated everyone else due to a custom state liedown bug that has eluded my notice until recently.

When I do finish Reisen's update (who is undergoing more balance changes), that's when I'll finally be releasing Reimu. Sorry for the delay, haven't been in the mood the last few months to make these finishes, although I should pick back up later this year.

All Generation 1 Characters:

- Corrected custom liedown bug.
- Reduced number of normals that can be jump canceled on block.

All Touhou Project Characters (except Reisen):

- Added new match lose pose.
- Added match win dialogue screen.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Completely overhauled character.

Homura Akemi:

- Adjusted damage scaling.

Akari Ichijou:

- Reduced overall damage for clone.
- Cannot use Tenma Sukima while portals are still active.

Neptune:

- Adjusted damage for all supers except HDD: Purple Heart.

Youmu Konpaku:

- 200 Yojana in One Slash can now penetrate most melee counters.
- Adjusted damage for nearly every attack.
- Lotus Stance Cut crosses more distance.
- Added new winpose and adjusted one of her intros.
Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 07:36:30 am by Nep Heart
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Lilith released and updated
#87  September 20, 2020, 01:44:22 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 It came to my attention that Holn's AI patch managed to uncover an absurdly busted combo in Lilith that I wasn't expecting at all, one that can be replicated by a human player no less. One of the bigger merits of AI patches, I suppose. With that said, Lilith has been updated accordingly.

Lilith:

- Heavily tweaked Purgatory Flame's interactions during various combo situations.
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Reimu Hakurei released, Reisen U. Inaba updated
#88  October 01, 2020, 06:05:34 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7wkf71

Reimu seals the deal as she makes her way into MUGEN. Considerable late for a release due to my MUGEN hiatus as I wanted to put more focus into my other hobbies, but I finally have her out ready for the 1st of the month. From here, I'll be mostly focusing on overhauls for older characters until resources for two characters I really want to do become available later this year, if not next. Anyway, hope you all enjoy this new iteration of Reimu!

Download her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DilRe__n7c22OI429G?e=faTT2Z

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Most normals have damage reduced.
- Increased start-up on 4z and 6z normals.
- Decreased range on crouching medium.
- Reduced Mind Explosion damage, hitstun and hit velocities as well as slightly increased endlag for all variations.
- Disorder Eye no longer allows air control after use.
- Tightened damage on all versions of Illusory Blast for more consistency.
- Grand Patriot's Elixir now drains power.
Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:01:19 am by Nep Heart
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Reimu Hakurei released, Reisen U. inaba updated.
#89  October 01, 2020, 06:29:49 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Finally came out and Reimu fit you very well, good job. Will you do the same with Marisa, another Touhou character?
#90  October 01, 2020, 07:40:55 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
What about the updates a few hours ago for everyone (barring Hotaru)?
#91  October 01, 2020, 08:00:44 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

Finally came out and Reimu fit you very well, good job. Will you do the same with Marisa, another Touhou character?

Maybe, but not for a while. I do have my eyes on two other characters I've been meaning to do for years, but lacked the resources. Since those resources are coming later this year, if not next, I already have those planned after a few more overhauls.

What about the updates a few hours ago for everyone (barring Hotaru)?

They were small read me typos for the most part, so, didn't feel like they were important enough to announce.
#92  October 01, 2020, 05:11:54 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Onedrive link doesn't seem to work.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#93  October 01, 2020, 10:13:08 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Are you sure it's not something on your end? Several others downloaded Reimu just fine.
#94  October 01, 2020, 10:39:42 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
True, probably Noscript being dumb. Its working now
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#95  October 02, 2020, 02:36:10 am
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
I found a bug with Reimu after being hit with a finisher.

Ex-aid by “d”]‹~–½ƒZƒ“ƒ^[(CR)"   ;ƒLƒƒƒ‰‚̐»ìŽÒ–¼ (this is fine...)
https://streamable.com/aov9ks
https://streamable.com/4axj10
https://streamable.com/9b6xor

Ragna by OHMSBY (I have to go now. My planet needs me.)
https://streamable.com/saf3aj

Slayer by muteki (Reimu returned home.)
https://streamable.com/aeyjdb

Youmu and Reimu by well...yourself (I want to die -idubbz)
https://streamable.com/k09ey3
https://streamable.com/d6rebm

Agumon and Renamon by Tsunamidusher (Reimu doesn't give a shit.)
https://streamable.com/pvqkrw
https://streamable.com/gknxd6
Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 03:29:25 am by Kamui_Kanjai
#96  October 03, 2020, 12:06:57 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Whoops, that was me forgetting an extra trigger in the anti-custom state glitch code that I've been using for a few months now because I got tired of pressing F4 every time a character with p2stateno in their hitdef glitched me out. At any rate, updated the code in every character who has it.

- Corrected bug in anti-custom state glitch coding.
#97  October 11, 2020, 11:32:21 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Amazing take on Reimu, great work Nep. :)
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Reimu Hakurei released, Hotaru Overhauled
#98  October 17, 2020, 05:03:36 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 As one of my older characters, Hotaru has finally received a much needed revamp to keep her up to standard with my newer stuff. With that complete, I can move on to another character overhaul to coincide with the return of her series; Haruhi Suzumiya!

All SNK Characters:

- Revised Roll/Air Dodge mechanic to cancel normals on contact instead of canceling guardstun for the 1000 power cost.
- Improved Hyper Drive activation FX.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Completely overhauled.
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Reimu Hakurei released, Hotaru Overhauled
#99  October 19, 2020, 02:50:41 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Not sure if this was intentional, but holding down during the second portion of the L or M versions of Floating Wall Jump while close to the ground will cause Reimu to prematurely cancel out of the second part of the attack's animation, even before the hitbox comes out. Depending on the timing and spacing, this can make the second hit extremely safe or the 1st hit extremely unsafe.
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Reimu Hakurei released, Thanksgiving Updates
#100  November 27, 2020, 12:18:56 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Special Thanksgiving updates for everyone except Haruhi, Homura and Sayaka due to all three having full revamps pending.

All Gen 1 characters (with exceptions of characters pending overhauls):

- Standardized hitstop to 10 frames with exceptions (i.e.: multi-hit moves and throws).
- Tweak framedata across the board.
- Revised throw teching.
- Updated/Tweaked/Corrected many aesthetics.
- Almost all burn and shock hitstates have been standardized to function closer those found in EFZ.
- Series defensive mechanics can be used right at the moment a normal or special attack is reversed/special guarded by opponent.

All Gen 2 characters:

- Corrected a few AI bugs.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Many Long Range normals have drastically increased reach. Movement speed in this Mode is slower and active frames of aforementioned normals have less active frames to compensate.

Doppel Nanase:

- Overhauled Unique Ability.

Kano Kirishima:

- Corrected damage scaling bug for Lord of Vermillion.

Reimu Hakurei:

- Corrected issue with Floating Wall Jump canceling early when touching the ground.
- Fantasy Heaven KO theme changed to attack theme (couldn't find a way to correct delay bug).
#101  December 11, 2020, 12:59:36 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 A few minor updates for coding errors and balance.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Corrected posadd intro error against one of Haruhi's intros.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Pre-beam segment of Anyway, A Lot now KOs.

Akari Ichijou:

- Reduced duration for Hagure Hitogata.

Neptune:

- Reduced duration for Stat Multiplier.
#102  December 15, 2020, 10:32:30 pm
    • Brazil
Hey, I've been wanting to make a japanese voice patch for Neptune and I want to ask,: which game/games in the series did you get the voice clips from? Was it from the original PS3 game? or was it from Re;birth 1? I'd figure it's easier to ask.
#103  December 16, 2020, 12:24:15 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Sure, I'd appreciate that, it would be ideal to have her JPN voicing actually. Most of the voice clips came from Re;Birth 1, yes. I think I remember getting a few from Megadimension and Super RPG as well.
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Haruhi Suzumiya New Year Overhaul
#104  January 06, 2021, 11:16:35 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 My most recent overhaul is something of a New Year 2021 gift, especially for all those who waited patiently for this particular improvement. Now to move on to Sayaka's revamp.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Completely overhauled.
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Haruhi Suzumiya New Year Overhaul
#105  January 07, 2021, 02:10:49 am
    • Aruba
OMG!! I love the massive overhauled you're giving her. Right now I'm having a fun time with Haruhi and the S.O.S Brigade. <3
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Haruhi Suzumiya Overhauled, Gen 1 Characters Updated
#106  January 28, 2021, 12:42:45 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Been a little late on this, but mass updating can be a pretty tedious task otherwise.

- Fixed air dash inputs when crossing up.
- Corrected a few more aesthetics.

Homura Akemi:

- Added a special intro that is compatible with Charlotte.
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: New Icons for Akyuu, Reisen and Youmu
#107  March 06, 2021, 03:59:45 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Big thanks to JtheSaltyy's efforts for all three, the following have been updated.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Character icon updated.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

Youmu Konpaku:

#108  March 06, 2021, 02:12:14 pm
    • USA
Got some feedback for Hieda no Akyuu:
-The y axis on her big portrait needs to be -2.
-It's possible for the opponent to stop blocking in the middle of her standing HA.
-It would look better to make the third brush stroke her standing HA more bigger as the 2nd one is the same size.
-It's also possible for her to stop in the middle of her standing HA by jumping and the paintbrush effect still plays.
-The swing sounds on her crouching MA and HA plays after it hits the opponent.
-The paintbrush effect on the forward standing HA and the crouching HA follows her when moving backwards and hits the opponent.
-The swords on the z version of Youma Bon don't fade away and disappears by a frame when she gets hit.
-The air y Youma Bon makes the opponent fall down and does no damage if you jump into it from the bottom and not on the sides of the book.

Just her only this time, was checking out her new lifebar portrait only to find these issues.
#109  March 08, 2021, 08:10:53 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Hieda no Ayuu:

- Corrected several aesthetics.
- Standing heavy properly forces guarding before its last hit.
- Corrected several aspects for every version of Youma Bon to function properly.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Adjusted damage scaling on most supers to facilitate higher combo damage.

-The paintbrush effect on the forward standing HA and the crouching HA follows her when moving backwards and hits the opponent.

Pretty sure it moves backward when fading regardless of where Akyuu moves because that's how it plays in the animation itself. You can actually load her into Fighter Factory to see what I mean.
Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 04:27:25 am by Nep Heart
#110  March 21, 2021, 09:00:10 pm
    • Mexico
I hope you finished Nitori
next is Marisa Kirisame
#111  March 21, 2021, 10:38:32 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#112  March 23, 2021, 12:11:29 am
    • Mexico
#113  March 30, 2021, 08:05:38 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Not sure if I want to work on Marisa that soon, I do want to eventually do Capcom characters and possibly start on one later this year. That, and Madoka.

Anyway, quick updates. I may just release Nitori this week and do the trailer later since I'm not feeling like doing the extra work atm.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Corrected poweradd bug for Short Range Mode 6z

Doppel Nanase:

- Maiden Enlightenment charges faster.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Corrected Awakening BG aesthetic bug.
- Awakening's timer now drains faster.

Miyako Arima:

- Adjusted Senshu-Raku's velocity and hitboxes.
- Changed formula for all Arc Drive damage.
Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 08:31:05 am by Nep Heart
#114  March 30, 2021, 08:13:51 am
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: Nitori released
#115  April 01, 2021, 08:28:48 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

Nope, it's not a joke, I've finally stopped procrastinating and decided to release Nitori today. Gacha is one helluva distracting drug, but I will still try to working on my next Gen 2 character starting later this month. As for her trailer, I'll work on that later, but for now, enjoy my latest Touhou release!

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DilSNyJ1UGYBo7Npx8?e=f6idxj
Re: Nep Heart Thread: Nitori Released
#116  April 01, 2021, 08:45:23 am
  • Osoraku
  • i'm a weeb Sore ni taisho suru
    • USA

Nope, it's not a joke, I've finally stopped procrastinating and decided to release Nitori today. Gacha is one helluva distracting drug, but I will still try to work on my next Gen 2 character starting later this month. As for her trailer, I'll work on that later, but for now, enjoy my latest Touhou release!

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DilSNyJ1UGYBo7Npx8?e=f6idxj

>Cacha is one helluva distracting drug

It really do be like that
#117  April 02, 2021, 09:06:38 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Konichiwaaaa!

You did well again Nep. :3
#118  April 07, 2021, 08:18:49 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
So I found Nep Nep's bug and it involves OHMSBY's Azrael.

The video isn't mine, but from a commenter on my YT channel.
#119  April 07, 2021, 08:39:18 am
I noticed that she has issues with OHMSBYS (And probably other characters) finishers in general, moreso that her special defeat animation breaks finishers.

Though testing all of OHMSBY's characters, only Azrael fails to kill her.
#120  April 14, 2021, 11:24:17 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
All Generation 1 Characters:

- Added more failsafes to the custom state anti-glitching code.

I noticed that she has issues with OHMSBYS (And probably other characters) finishers in general, moreso that her special defeat animation breaks finishers.

Yeah, that's something a little beyond my control there since it would be on the cinematic to have a failsafe against those kind of things. I usually code failsafes like that for a reason. Not much I can do to help that beyond that, sorry.
Re: Nep Heart Thread: Taiga Released
#121  July 14, 2021, 06:06:25 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

The ferocious tiger is set loose on the competition! After some procrastinating yet again, I finally release my latest Generation 1 character and my very first Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax character reimagined in my own playstyle. Do note that it's not recommended to scale her up since her FX do not autoscale with the character, lacking Generation 2's autoscaling coding. With that said, hope you enjoy thrashing up the rest of your roster with this ferocious feline.

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DilSYh4LwHzqVWAHXy?e=bSxCYR
#122  July 14, 2021, 06:50:48 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
You can use the updated palettes from my OHMSBY's Taiga edit if you want.

That includes Kagura, Yang, Miyako, and colored wooden swords.
#123  July 20, 2021, 08:32:53 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Great take on the Palmtop Tiger. :3
#124  July 22, 2021, 04:23:22 pm
  • Why,

The ferocious tiger is set loose on the competition! After some procrastinating yet again, I finally release my latest Generation 1 character and my very first Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax character reimagined in my own playstyle. Do note that it's not recommended to scale her up since her FX do not autoscale with the character, lacking Generation 2's autoscaling coding. With that said, hope you enjoy thrashing up the rest of your roster with this ferocious feline.

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DilSYh4LwHzqVWAHXy?e=bSxCYR

"Trashing Up" ?  Still plan make persons` at 2021 to mugen? Well... nice hear...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
Re: Nep Heart Thread: Eri and Shana Released
#125  September 22, 2023, 12:19:18 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

It's been a few years since my last release, huh? I've finally found enough time to get back into MUGEN character creation and put in some serious work with the recent overhaul project I've undertaken with my Generation 1 characters. Things have been heavily streamlined as several mechanics have either been refined, merged or simply removed altogether to make the characters more accessible. There has also planned balance changes to make the characters more competitive since a few (I'm looking at you, Homura) were too dominating or too underwhelming relative to each other. Therefore, Eri Hasumi and Shana will be new releases serving to demonstrate what the mechanical overhaul will be like (sorry, no AI at the moment, just git gud with them).

Get them here!

Eri: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37Dillyd7vv3tk8fb6Ne?e=rOmKdG

Shana: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37Dill0_-JyYK32CCRE8?e=ZaXh0t
#126  September 22, 2023, 06:02:26 am
    • Brazil
#127  September 22, 2023, 12:59:48 pm
a long return.
#128  September 22, 2023, 05:52:55 pm
  • Why,
... Why just these 2 at download, Youre have much more ... snif me :/ 

Edit: i have thinks at that one, but this is (Nep´s persons to Mugen/Ikemen GO)
Edit2: Patience(?) to my selft :/ .
Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 09:14:24 pm by EgyLynx
#129  September 22, 2023, 08:37:06 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
#130  September 22, 2023, 09:12:33 pm
  • Why,
#131  September 27, 2023, 02:10:29 pm
    • USA
A little late, but here's feedback for them:
Eri:
-The hitsounds with her tonfas sound lower than the regular hitsounds without them.
-Touching the ground during a dodge causes an in state 51: changed to invalid action 55 debug error.
-The afterimages on her superjump don't play all the way until she touches the ground.
-The landing effect when she touches the ground from the heavy air and air throw is larger than from a regular jump and land.
-The landing effect seems to follow her when she moves forward after a backwards dash.
-The 6322 dusts seems to be too large.
-The air dash fx will follow her if she jumps during the running animation.
-The opponent's get hit position during the forward and air throws is misaligned as they appear higher than where the hitspark is placed.
-Air Spike X and Stinger Spike still plays the normal ground shockwave and sound from the fightfx when they hit the ground.
-Air Spike Y recovers a lot faster from the ground compared to the X and Z versions.
-The dodge dusts on Bolt Glide and Stinger Rush don't play all the way through.
-Quelling Step causes an expression truncated to integer debug error when used.
-The last hit sound of Stinger Rush plays after it hits the opponent.
-There is no envshake when the opponent hits the wall from Stinger Raid and Stinger Rush.
-The super jump effect on Feather Roll is layered behind her and the opponent.
-The lv1 super cut in isn't inverted when a super is used on P2 side.

Shana:
-The meters should be layered behind the characters and not in front.
-The small portrait has some off placed colors near her forehead as seen in palettes 3 and 12.
-The afterimages on her superjump don't play all the way until she touches the ground.
-Touching the ground during a dodge causes an in state 51: changed to invalid action 55 debug error.
-The landing effect seems to follow her when she moves forward after a backwards dash.
-Dodge in the air will trigger an in state 903: changed to invalid animelem 8 within action 41 debug error when the animation ends.
-The swish sound on her crouch medium plays after it hits the ground.
-The slam dust on the crouch medium shares the palfx (It turns white when using a dodge).
-The 6322 dusts seems to be too large.
-The air dash fx will follow her if she jumps during the running animation (I personally think it should be removed for the running animation as it doesn't fit in my opinion).
-Hien, Gurren no Odachi, the normal versions of Shinkuu and Danzai still plays the normal ground shockwave and sound from the fightfx when they hit the ground.
-The entire screen freezes for 10 ticks after it hits the opponent on the forward/backwards throw.
-There is no envshake when the opponent hits the wall during the forward/backwards throw and only when they hit the ground.
-The swish effects on her light, medium and heavy airs follow her when she touches the ground.
-The 8361 effect is layered in front of her instead of behind when it starts to disappear during Shinpan.
-The lv1 super cut in isn't inverted when a super is used on P2 side.

It's been a while since you worked on characters again, but I really like how you polish your Gen 1 style. Since you made Eri to that instead of updating her Gen 2 counterpart, does that mean you aren't coming back to it anymore? If that's the case, that's fine if you just want to use that as an experiment to try out a new style with different mechanics.