YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1516142 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#5061  February 17, 2021, 12:38:45 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#5062  February 17, 2021, 01:16:39 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Holy shit it’s been longer than I thought. Wow.
#5063  February 17, 2021, 01:44:16 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
When is the last time we gotten a proper Nintendo Direct?

September 4th, 2019.  So yeah, it's been a hot minute.
Much more than a minute!

Holy shit it’s been longer than I thought. Wow.
Indeed. The fact that we haven't a full and proper Direct in a year and a half is very surprising. I understand the issues with Coronavirus, but I was expecting that they did one closer to the beginning of 2020.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#5064  February 17, 2021, 08:27:15 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#5065  February 17, 2021, 11:09:26 pm
    • USA
I don't know what I was expecting from this direct but "Famicom Detective Club HD Remaster" was definitely not it.  That's actually pretty cool.
#5066  February 17, 2021, 11:25:32 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

OMFG!! :D

Edit: No news about Breath of the Wild 2, but an HD version of Skyward Sword was confirmed. Great...
Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:45:07 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#5067  February 17, 2021, 11:47:08 pm
    • USA
Yooo, Skyward Sword HD with non-motion controls.  Very nice.
#5068  February 17, 2021, 11:49:44 pm
So Seiken Densetsu 3 4 finally, maybe that T-RPG with no name and no design that tried to pretend for a hot second that it was Zelda x Fire Emblem inspired, and Skyward Sword HD. That's all I'm taking from this. Not that I was expecting anything for BotW2, but it's a major letdown.
Oh yeah wait, and the AoC DLC list that went by in half a second that I couldn't catch the content of (except the obvious Purah and Robbie and a new Link weapon + costume).
edit - found the AoC DLC list, one wave in June and another in November, each with an "expanded roster" entry. And a "added weapon types", if that means new weapon styles for existing characters that'll be great. Really, a whole year for the first season pass ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:28:15 am by Byakko
#5069  February 17, 2021, 11:51:20 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
And for the finish, Splatoon 3... Seriously Nintendo!? >:(
#5070  February 17, 2021, 11:51:23 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
So it's safe to assume Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are quietly shelved, ya?

At least they were kind enough to inform us of BotW2's status.
#5071  February 17, 2021, 11:55:49 pm
    • USA
Well Kamiya did recently joke that fans may want to "forget about Bayonetta 3 for now."  Apparently it's taking longer to develop than planned.

Splatoon 3 has a much more "Mad Max" feel to it than I would've expected from the franchise.  But whatever, I'm still down for it.  Splatoon is fun as hell, I don't mind seeing more.
#5072  February 18, 2021, 12:02:49 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Really enjoy was Legend of Mana, that Project Triangle Strategy one that looks interesting, the new Mario Golf, the Famicom Detective Club games and the Ninja Gaiden collection.

I like Skyward Sword at all, but it's sad that we had no news about BotW 2. At least the development still going and we'll have Fall Guys for Switch... Yay? :v
It's even more sad that no news whatsoever about Bayonetta 3 or even something about the new Metroid Prime. Splatoon 3? Nah.

Anyway, the trailers.

EDIT: Ah and in the JP's Nintendo Direct, they showed this.

A CRAYON SHIN-CHAN GAME!!
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:09:18 am by 【MFG】gui0007
#5073  February 18, 2021, 12:10:53 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
They had plenty of stuff to show, but nothing for me. Only thing I'm interested in was Splatoon 3 and I'm not going to get excited for something that is a year(or two) away.
#5074  February 18, 2021, 12:20:57 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
awesome to see age of calamity getting an expansion pass as I still have that game, with skyward sword getting an hd remaster release during the summer, and plus miitopia will be released on the nintendo switch as well, as it was possibly my most favorite 3ds game ever outside of smash 4, and splatoon 3 will be here next year, awesome!!
#5075  February 18, 2021, 12:44:14 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iila5nlyC_c[/youtube]
OMFG!! :D

Edit: No news about Breath of the Wild 2, but an HD version of Skyward Sword was confirmed. Great...

Don’t be surprised when Chrono Cross or Parasite Eve gets announced next. Also Ninja Gaiden FTW.
#5076  February 18, 2021, 12:55:22 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Splatoon 3 going from hidden lore talking about how the main campaign is a farce and the real story is the post-apocalypse hellscape after a World War subtext a la Dark Souls straight-up opening with bold face text "This is what we really are" gives HUGE Steven Universe dropping the happy-go lucky early episodes into war criminal vibes, and I'm ALL here for it.  Best thing they announced this Direct.  They're gonna have to top going Gurren Lagann fighting the Statue of Liberty from last game somehow, though.  Also dunno how intentional it was but that whole train ride wait and ambiance likewise gave a lot of Spirited Away vibes, and any Ghibli reference and respect gets approval from me.

But I'm glad to see another Mario Golf.  Octopath Traveler's held my interest in getting for the longest time, so "Octopath Traveler but Fire Emblem" will probably also be on my radar.  Skyward Sword HD is.....not a collection of 3D Zeldas, but hey, too many people sleep on Skyward Sword anyways.  I'm getting it.  Famicom Detective Club certainly is a game I have heard of.  Played, certainly not.  But I'll give it a try some point down the line.

Too bad on a lack of Metroid Prime HD Collection.  That would have been viable for coming out the first half this year.  Still have quite some time before lack of Prime 4 trailers becomes suspicious, though still saddened to not see them in the first Direct in quite some time, but the past Primes would have been a good fit to have here.

Oh right, almost forgot the Legend of Mana announcement.  Will be getting that one as well most likely.
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:44:52 am by Long John Killer
#5077  February 18, 2021, 09:39:51 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Sorry.
I have a weakness on braid over shoulder Inkling female.
I seriously can't wait for Splatoon 3!
And there's these Famicom Detective games which released only in Japan back then.
I'm glad they're finally coming in english with a new visual.

Other than that, it was a good direct to watch.
This is fate.
#5078  February 19, 2021, 02:28:50 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Normally I don't relish in the schadenfreude of others that much, but knowing Dunkey, I'm not surprised to see this Direct was about as anti-Dunkey as you can get.

Problem is, I don't really disagree with anything he's saying, if not to his extreme.  Except putting down Miitopia.  You just don't dislike a game with Darker Lord Jesus as a final boss.  But that's the issue with raising your hopes, I suppose.  I'm not worried about BotW 2 or Metroid Prime 4.  A little confused what the hell they're doing with their hires for the latter, but still.  The silence on all of Nintendo's big titles for so long is a little maddening if you hyperfocus on the faintest speck of news about them.
#5079  April 27, 2021, 06:24:57 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#5080  April 27, 2021, 11:01:21 pm
  • SNK is life
As dumb as this will sound ... This is the perfect kind of game to use online, even with crappy netcode, since it's /MOSTLY/ turn based