YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734208 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#21  March 09, 2018, 12:59:57 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Also, friendly reminder:

Not to say that this is actually the case, but it's a funny theory nonetheless
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#22  March 09, 2018, 05:53:35 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
People have been meme crazy with the thing the inkling girl saw.
#23  March 09, 2018, 06:03:06 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

#24  March 09, 2018, 06:16:05 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Someone took a stab at trying to identify all the silhouetted characters:

Seems legit.  Only one that's not really clear enough to guess is the figure between Samus and Bowser.  That circle looking thing behind them could either be the Monado or the trails of Ike's headband.
#25  March 09, 2018, 07:04:35 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
A thought just came to me.

Let's assume this is Smash 5.  How would you all feel if this follows a format similar to that of Street Fighter V in terms of how future character seasons and contents are distributed?  Say that we start off with a small roster the size of Melee's cast sans Hidden characters and will have a lengthy lifespan along the way.
#26  March 09, 2018, 07:15:07 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Now is this hypothetically taking the place of the traditional Smash unlockable content, or are we talking just extra seasons of chars, stages and possibly items

Because I firmly support expansion packs, but not if it means sacrificing the joy I get out of a new stage being unlocked
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#27  March 09, 2018, 07:30:05 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
Someone took a stab at trying to identify all the silhouetted characters:

Seems legit.  Only one that's not really clear enough to guess is the figure between Samus and Bowser.  That circle looking thing behind them could either be the Monado or the trails of Ike's headband.

.... Or snakes headband
this website is stupid
#28  March 09, 2018, 07:47:51 pm
    • USA
Snake's never coming back.  Konami still owns the rights to Metal Gear and they only make pachinko machines and bad decisions now.

Let's assume this is Smash 5.  How would you all feel if this follows a format similar to that of Street Fighter V in terms of how future character seasons and contents are distributed?  Say that we start off with a small roster the size of Melee's cast sans Hidden characters and will have a lengthy lifespan along the way.

Selling a watered down version of a previously released game on a different console with plans to sell back the rest of the game piece by piece as DLC would be the worst decision Nintendo could possibly make.

Besides, Sakurai would never do it.  Back during Smash 4's development he straight-up refused to talk about even the possibility of DLC until the full main game was complete. 
#29  March 09, 2018, 09:29:28 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
All of the Nintendo games with DLC are complete games with the DLC created after the main game's development.

Smash games don't have very long development times compared to other games. Smash 4 had a two year development time and 51 characters were in the game at launch.
#30  March 09, 2018, 09:56:32 pm
Oh boy... New console means a Smash Bros game is coming.
Still don't know if this is a new game or not, but i think it's just a port with even more updates.
If the Inklings are in, what other new characters get we to see in this game? I see that Spring Man from Arms is highly requested next to Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Aside from these chars, i see King K. Rool still keeping asking, but never got a chance to be playable or a assist trophy. If not, then Sakurai needs to tell why he won't include him in the game. (He must be allergic to crocodiles if you ask me)
#31  March 09, 2018, 10:00:17 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Because King K. Rool hasn't been relevant since... that one Donkey Kong game with the bongos, iirc.
#32  March 09, 2018, 10:13:40 pm
Because King K. Rool hasn't been relevant since... that one Donkey Kong game with the bongos, iirc.

Yeah, but that doesn't prove anything. He's being the most requested character since Brawl.
The tiki masks or those vikings Snomads, which aren't memorable villains than the Kremling'ss or the Koopa's in the Mario series.
#33  March 09, 2018, 10:25:50 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Unless King K. Rool comes back in a big way in a big Nintendo title, he's got no chance at all. We were lucky he got a costume in the last Smash.

Like seriously, probably the only other character in the Donkey Kong franchise that has a chance of getting in Smash is Dixie Kong since she was in Tropical Freeze, but even THAT is a pretty big stretch.
#34  March 09, 2018, 10:35:20 pm
    • Mexico

If most of the characters are free, fine by me; otherwise, no.
If this game will have paid-DLC characters, Sakurai and HAL should just stick to newcomers and guest characters like NRS did with Injustice 2.
#35  March 09, 2018, 11:31:09 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Unless King K. Rool comes back in a big way in a big Nintendo title, he's got no chance at all. We were lucky he got a costume in the last Smash.

Like seriously, probably the only other character in the Donkey Kong franchise that has a chance of getting in Smash is Dixie Kong since she was in Tropical Freeze, but even THAT is a pretty big stretch.
It's been a while since I've played a Donkey Kong game, but do any of the newer ones past DK64 have villains nearly as memorable or at least used in more than one game?  The only one I've heard of is this frozen kingdom Viking guy from Tropical Freeze.

I'd take a more liked character who's been out of the game for a while over a newer less impressive one, personally.
#36  March 09, 2018, 11:43:31 pm
    • USA
It's been 19 years since K. Rool was the big bad in a main line DK game back in Donkey Kong 64, and 11 years since he was the villain in a spin-off (Jungle Climber).  Since then he's been relegated to cameos and oblique references at best.

Honestly I'd say Dixie Kong would have priority over him - if DK gets any more characters in the first place, that is.  She's been around nearly as long as he K. Rool has, and remained a lot more popular and relevant.
#37  March 09, 2018, 11:56:11 pm
    • USA
Oh no, I agree, I should clarify.  I do see Dixie being a higher priority if DK gets another character into the roster.  I'm just saying from the villain's standpoint, has anyone really mattered or stood out in those 19-11 years since?  Because if no one really cares about them, and there's enough fan feedback asking for a DK villain to show...I don't see it really mattering how long ago it was since he last showed up, he's the one people are asking for and it would gather positive attention to them.

I mean, it is supposed to be an all-star showdown, not a showcase for what's up and coming or at least relatively new, after all.  Likely one of the contributing factors why so many people were not happy with Corrin last game, regardless of the new playstyle.
Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:00:41 am by Long John Killer
#38  March 10, 2018, 12:29:58 am
    • USA
I think people were unhappy with Corrin because that pushed the Fire Emblem character count up to about 12 dozen while series like Star Fox and Metroid continued to get shafted.

And K. Rool is considered to be the de facto main antagonist of the Donkey Kong franchise by merit of being the most recurring.  The baddies in the DKCR games were just random one-time mooks, IIRC.  If the criteria was solely "we have to include a villain from Donkey Kong" then yes, K. Rool would be the best pick, but in the larger scheme of things I don't see any reason to include him now.  Considering the likelihood that this is just an enhanced port, I'd actually rather DK not get any new characters at all so that what few spots are open could go to other under-represented series.
#39  March 10, 2018, 02:51:46 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
sorry but if there's no New Funky Mode in this game then i'm afraid i'm gonna have to pass on it

also i think this thread is in the wrong subforum my dudes
#40  March 10, 2018, 03:00:31 am
    • USA
Old joke is old.

So, not that we have much to go off of, but anyone expecting them to retain the guest stars Smash 4 had?  Pac-Man was largely in thanks to the contribution from Bandai Namco, but I couldn't imagine them turning down the opportunity to show up again.  Same with Sega and Sonic. (And I'd hope Tails and Knuckles finally)  But I'm less certain with Capcom and more-so with Square specifically for Cloud.