YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 1006596 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1101  July 23, 2022, 07:47:36 pm
Having more grappling supers should mean they'll move away from modes relying on giant bosses that can't be grabbed, right ?

Maybe not because someone like Blue Mary has her stun fang core effect that requires opponents that can't be grabbed, and Angel has a similar one.
Maybe, but I don't know. BMary's Stun Fang works great for her *specials*, especially in awakening, and her 3PG card isn't a grab ; Angel's poison is fine for her specials, but for her 3PG, it's kind of shit, because the supers have pathetic damage (the meta is 5x DoT explosion on specials) so they are only meant to waste time to help everything else go off cooldown. In BMary's case, the 3PG card works to waste time (and it boosts the rest of her damage), and her regular special is a grab that becomes another Stun Fang for bosses (making it useless). But in Angel's case, the 3PG card is a grab, turning it into the bleed damage (not even extra poison explosion), which is pathetic. Her regular special is the one that wastes time. Meaning her 3PG card is the one that's useless - except for the crit / atk boost on the card itself.
If those cards become nothing more than extra stats and a move that does shit damage for giant bosses, then they're really not worth much. The only use is in PvP.

There's a lot of room to give some changes to skills.  One concept I hope they tackle are Status Moves.  Let's say if Hwa Jai ever makes an appearance, one of his skills gives him the ability to consume a bottle that greatly alters his other skills while increasing cooldown to the Status Move.

If they introduce something like this, it probably would require A5. And would be the "bonus" EX skill like max mode, concentrate, etc...
That one sounds great. Make the ex modes be more diverse for everyone.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1102  July 24, 2022, 09:14:40 am
  • Forever loving but always working.
For Angel/Blue Mary, the other bonus of that damage is breaking the meter in guild raid. Grab moves do a small amount of hits + take a lot of time, but with these kind of bonuses they can break the meter quickly. Also Angel and Akuma are extremely similar in the kind of damage they dish out.

The 3PG does not mean as much to me because the only giant bosses that Angel can't grab are the eternal bosses, the spider robot, and wary colossal from the guild challenge. The eternal bosses/spider should be fairly easy nowadays to get the best rewards. And stalling the clock with Wary Colossal isn't as useful. She can still grab guild raid rugal/geese with her 3PG. Her regular special can only grab them if the meter is broken or if they are walking backwards. I have to time my attacks with her, but I can squeeze out 5 awakening rotation in a solo run vs Inferno Rugal.

Her secret strength is the "Symbol" on targets, it increases her poison DoT but it also boost burn/shock damage. If you have her non-awakened, then try putting her in a team on the eternal bosses with burn DoT users like SS Terry, XV Kyo, Akuma, Krohnen, Sol, Dizzy, etc...that symbol boosts burn/shock by 70%. So even Blue Mary can benefit from this because her stun fang would be 70% stronger. Personally, I use Angel in the spider robot, I send her out to apply the Symbol then immediately switch in Krohnen who is ready to awaken/attack. He has two skills that apply burn and both of those burns are boosted by 70% so his damage reaches a new level of insane (he can almost solo-kill the spider robot).

I know everyone has different experiences but I'm still kinda surprised she's being this unreliable/underwhelming since Angel is one of my top 3 strongest at the moment.
#1103  July 26, 2022, 10:09:23 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
4th anniversary festa has started and already my luck did not apply to the new EX stuff :qq:

First off, I am happy these guys FINALLY changed the splash screen at the start of the game after over 8 MONTHS of being stuck in 2002 'UM purgatory with Nameless and all.

One new feature is redeeming 4 10x Summon Token for Units and Cards, all for 1 in-game coin that recharges daily!  This is the biggest gain for all players and should be taken advantage of at all times.

The new Angel mini-game is cute.  The in-game description doesn't tell you this but you need to double tap the jump button to, well, double-jump to get past the larger obstacles.  Thankfully, this mini-game can be replayed with your AP instead of waiting for the following day to recharge.
#1104  July 27, 2022, 12:17:31 am
One new feature is redeeming 4 10x Summon Token for Units and Cards, all for 1 in-game coin that recharges daily!  This is the biggest gain for all players and should be taken advantage of at all times.
Where ? It better not be in the Guild shop... But if it's for the unified banner then it's basically garbage so whatever (I have 163 silver summon tokens for units, and 246 for cards, and I never bought any from any shop, it's just sitting there doing nothing).
Gato has a change-up kit bought with memories, so be sure to get Signature memories at any cost for his awaken enhancements and not his own memories (although I don't know if his summon banner will have infinite repeats).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:22:09 am by Byakko
#1105  July 27, 2022, 01:10:58 am
It's in the Secret Shop and for 1 Gold Coin.

I only use it just to complete my Gold collabs via gold letters even if they aren't meta viable these days.  I just like completion.

Additionally, Gato's memory has a small chance of appearing when combining fodder memories of the Yellow Class.
#1106  July 27, 2022, 01:56:13 am
    • USA
Gato is a yellow fighter? bruh
#1107  July 28, 2022, 03:21:27 am
Question.  For the EX stones, can they be applied to units that have been Change Up'd, or only for units with the Extreme tag a.k.a the default EX Red ones?
#1108  July 28, 2022, 04:11:13 am
Question.  For the EX stones, can they be applied to units that have been Change Up'd, or only for units with the Extreme tag a.k.a the default EX Red ones?

I don't think so because they still lack the "extreme" tag. It's a shame too, Gato only gives out EX stones.

The Lady Choi set cards can be bought with rubies, and looks like you can get an SS memory selector with one of the cards. The set itself is more of a support set instead of offensive set like the Shermie set cards. Gato's set is the classic DoT set.

I like that the set can be purchased directly with rubies but it also feels like a distraction to create rubies scarcity.
#1109  July 28, 2022, 04:26:16 am
Actually, you can also get the FES Lady Choi Set cards from the Card Dungeon.

Slight problem, much like every unique new FES cards, the chances to even get it are extremely slim and require a huge amount of AP potions and Auto-Clear tickets that just isn't worth the grind.  Seriously, don't do this.  May as well spend the rubies if you are desperate and save the potions for a future collab event.

A major benefit of the Lady Choi set is for Time Attack and if you somehow missed out on the DOA6 collab where Nyotengu gives off a similar but weaker buff for power gain.  Yea the OG Mr.Big set also gives off the same yet much weaker benefits, but the Lady Choi set makes everyone feel like SS Luke.  Lady Choi's leadership ability herself synergies with the set for ludicrous Power Gains for EX units only.
#1110  July 28, 2022, 05:57:19 am
Actually, you can also get the FES Lady Choi Set cards from the Card Dungeon.

Slight problem, much like every unique new FES cards, the chances to even get it are extremely slim and require a huge amount of AP potions and Auto-Clear tickets that just isn't worth the grind.  Seriously, don't do this.  May as well spend the rubies if you are desperate and save the potions for a future collab event.

Yeah, no way I would count on that. I only get cards when I am not expecting them. But it's great that I will finally have a Defense type that can get SS Tier on Rugal TA.

Also, just looking at who we've got so far but I'm getting the strong feeling we'll also get XV Ash.
He won a popularity contest on the forum, we only have 1 Ash in the entire game, and his saga seems to be approaching release (backgrounds for all his saga's bosses.)
There is no way NM would not release EX Ash.

My guess for the remain EX XV for the year are Shun'ei, Ash, and Antonov/Kukri/Heidern/KoD for the guys. And Luong, Dolores, Athena/Isla/Elizabeth.

Athena always looks different and has a new special, meanwhile the other females like Mai, Yuri, King, Kula, B.Jenet, etc...pretty much have all of their attacks already in the older units.

And I did not forget, so my guesses exclude Chris/Yashiro because, NM might skip them and go directly for the Orochi awakened versions. In my dreams, they would create the Orochi variants and give us regular XV Yashiro/Chris for free. Kind of a reverse of how we get the old Orochi variants for free.
#1111  July 28, 2022, 07:27:54 am
    • USA
god this game is still a casual's nightmare
#1112  July 28, 2022, 07:51:16 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Wait... since when did they make Eiji rollable in the unified banner after years of being locked in Championship???  :flipout:
#1113  July 28, 2022, 07:57:24 am
Since just now, they revamped all the shops. I'm still not touching the championship or its shop (even if it has gold hammers now), but I appreciate daily epic quest tickets being made available in the league shop (I'm at lv80 for those buffs, I'll be getting that Phantom Igniz soon... any day now... just wait a bit longer... I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking on that one)
#1114  July 28, 2022, 08:14:51 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I just reached 39... can't wait to finally get Zero. ('s special card)
Actually, how is Epic Zero compared to BS Zero?
#1115  July 28, 2022, 01:07:21 pm
Both are great.  Phantom Zero can inflict Darkness and has a passive that resets Glugan EX anytime it is used against foes inflicted by said status condition.  BS Zero is slightly better due to his unique 3PG card that is praised in Time Attack but Phantom Zero can also use said card.

Since just now, they revamped all the shops. I'm still not touching the championship or its shop (even if it has gold hammers now), but I appreciate daily epic quest tickets being made available in the league shop (I'm at lv80 for those buffs, I'll be getting that Phantom Igniz soon... any day now... just wait a bit longer... I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking on that one)
There is still nothing of noteworthy from Championship that it may as well phase out completely (and take your abhorrent League Match with you), revamp Absolute War so an optional Gold Units ladder can be used like before, and make Dream Match permanent, heck make your own eSports out of it.

The moment EQ3 is announced the devs are likely gonna release some kind of offer for an absurd amount of EQ buffs just to get Phantom Igniz out of the way.  Just tired of the grind already.

Also, just looking at who we've got so far but I'm getting the strong feeling we'll also get XV Ash.
He won a popularity contest on the forum, we only have 1 Ash in the entire game, and his saga seems to be approaching release (backgrounds for all his saga's bosses.)
There is no way NM would not release EX Ash.

My guess for the remain EX XV for the year are Shun'ei, Ash, and Antonov/Kukri/Heidern/KoD for the guys. And Luong, Dolores, Athena/Isla/Elizabeth.

Athena always looks different and has a new special, meanwhile the other females like Mai, Yuri, King, Kula, B.Jenet, etc...pretty much have all of their attacks already in the older units.

And I did not forget, so my guesses exclude Chris/Yashiro because, NM might skip them and go directly for the Orochi awakened versions. In my dreams, they would create the Orochi variants and give us regular XV Yashiro/Chris for free. Kind of a reverse of how we get the old Orochi variants for free.
Here are my guesses for future EX stuff.

Ash is a no brainer to promote the long overdue release of the Ash Saga with probably BS Mukai depending on how much of a draw he is (he isn't, get hyped for Choco Mukai) with Change-Ups to regular Mukai and/or Ash.  Duo Lon and Shen Woo are inbound so they are probably gonna have a dual banner.

What goes beyond '03 chapter is anyone's guess other than XV Elizabeth, BS Magaki, and EX/SS Oswald.  XV Athena is going to be a thing no doubt.

Seasonal concepts are dead but with the release of Lady Choi out of the blue, maybe we can see this being resurrected if they need filler EX nonsense.  I also hope Netmarble rereleases their unique Story Events but permanent for all players that missed out.

As for Lady fighters, since there is Lady Billy and Lady Geese, I can see Lady Yamazaki as a future EX unit to tie in with the recently released Team South Town DLC in XV.  Lady Krizalid because the manager is such a Krizalid mark that I can totally see him pressuring the team to make this unit a reality.

Dear lord, EX Orochi Team.  Unless we get another Ruby Refend event, this ain't gonna end well.
Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 01:10:31 pm by Kirishima
#1116  July 28, 2022, 10:32:10 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I wouldn't count on EX Orochi Team considering they seem to have abandoned the notion of releasing teams period. Like, I bet we're less likely to see EX XV Kula, rather we're gonna see a Change-Up Kit for SS or something.

There's still a bunch of units they still haven't released but are essentially completed, like Malin and Magaki, AS Kim, Tizoc and apparently even Najd... Gato's been put off for over two years and literally all they did was reskin his top and give him his XV Climax as an SDM card, scrapping the MAX Reiga one they had ready. Hell, we still don't have Inferno story quests in Orochi saga, no Lunatic in NESTS saga, and we have no idea when Ash saga is ever gonna drop if it ever drops.
#1117  July 29, 2022, 09:45:14 am
As for Lady fighters, since there is Lady Billy and Lady Geese, I can see Lady Yamazaki as a future EX unit to tie in with the recently released Team South Town DLC in XV.  Lady Krizalid because the manager is such a Krizalid mark that I can totally see him pressuring the team to make this unit a reality.

It's one of those things that once I hadn't thought about but I want it as soon as I read it. Lady Yamazaki would be awesome.

Dear lord, EX Orochi Team.  Unless we get another Ruby Refend event, this ain't gonna end well.

It really won't

There's still a bunch of units they still haven't released but are essentially completed, like Malin and Magaki, AS Kim, Tizoc and apparently even Najd...

Gato's been put off for over two years and literally all they did was reskin his top and give him his XV Climax as an SDM card, scrapping the MAX Reiga one they had ready. Hell, we still don't have Inferno story quests in Orochi saga, no Lunatic in NESTS saga, and we have no idea when Ash saga is ever gonna drop if it ever drops.

Damn, they're holding out on us. And Gato is kinda underwhelming. His normal special I think could've been worked on more, even his 3PG doesn't have the same essence of the move. I saw the KOF XV version, then this one really, and it feels like a quick copy. I'm sure I'll like him more with time but right now, he's just okay. Najd would be great...
#1118  August 02, 2022, 07:11:51 pm
It's been a week and four pity selectors (I didn't give Khronen a try and I haven't even touched the cards yet) and I still have not rolled ONE copy of Shermie or Choi. Fucking hell.
#1119  August 02, 2022, 10:20:37 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Yeah at this point I gave up on Shermie and Choi and I'm using whatever rubies I get for buying those Gato packs...
I like how at Lv.90 un-changeup'd he's able to delete some max ascended EXs somehow. Just got mine to EX because of this  and I'm hoping I can score more of his memories and some generic SS ones, he's kinda funny.
#1120  August 04, 2022, 04:10:52 am
My villian origin story continues with my 4th pity pull and only gotten ONE Shermie and Lady Choi.  All my luck was spent with Khronen and getting him to A5 in 400 pulls. This is just sobering lol

I like how at Lv.90 un-changeup'd he's able to delete some max ascended EXs somehow
So can certain FES+ stuff like BS Goenitz and BS Leona can shred a good amount of EX units.  The former having an easier infinite set-up helps.

Others include SS Chizuru, SS Terry, and BS Orochi.  That not including collabs which are just as good.

It's been a week and four pity selectors (I didn't give Khronen a try and I haven't even touched the cards yet) and I still have not rolled ONE copy of Shermie or Choi. Fucking hell.
Your best best is to A3 whoever you are able to get at least two of their 3PG Special Cards so you can get their event tower over with.

Then A3 SS Gato so you can hold on to extra Imprint Stones in case their banner gets a rerun in the future.