YesNoOk

So, What If we could get The Black Heart among the finalists for GOTY on Steam? (Read 8039 times)

Started by Tony 3rd, November 25, 2021, 03:41:21 am
Share this topic:
So, What If we could get The Black Heart among the finalists for GOTY on Steam?
#1  November 25, 2021, 03:41:21 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Just an idea that popped on my mind when doing the quests for the badge. It would be nice to see M.UG.E.N/Ikemen represented up there on the awards. And I truly think the game is really good. My vote is already cast.
Re: So, What If we could get The Black Heart among the finalists for GOTY on Steam?
#2  November 25, 2021, 07:24:50 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I'd also love to see a MUGEN-based game becoming GOTY.

People think MUGEN is a sole work of Elecbyte and any games based on it is simply a fan-made byproduct, but the reality is that those games (i.e. TBH) is a complete game in and of it's own (as long as the assets are custom made).
Wish people would take MUGEN seriously as a platform like Unreal Engine where creators can use it to make standalone games and not just some fan-edit mix and match program.
Re: So, What If we could get The Black Heart among the finalists for GOTY on Steam?
#3  November 25, 2021, 11:45:55 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
You are aware that it's competing against Triple A PC games as well, right?
#4  November 25, 2021, 08:48:38 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
You are aware that it's competing against Triple A PC games as well, right?

Yes. Which is why my imagination stopped at being among the finalists and not at winning game of the year. its still a popular vote to get there.

I mean, is our community big enough? maybe? its an interesting idea to entertain nonetheless.

I'd also love to see a MUGEN-based game becoming GOTY.

People think MUGEN is a sole work of Elecbyte and any games based on it is simply a fan-made byproduct, but the reality is that those games (i.e. TBH) is a complete game in and of it's own (as long as the assets are custom made).
Wish people would take MUGEN seriously as a platform like Unreal Engine where creators can use it to make standalone games and not just some fan-edit mix and match program.

Couldn't have said better myself.
#5  November 25, 2021, 10:13:34 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares