YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515902 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#5141  September 24, 2021, 05:11:53 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You know what?  That was genuinely the complete wrong terminology.  I guess I was just tired when messaging that or something, but no, I apologize, prude was the completely wrong term and I don't know why I defaulted to that.  She's just a jerk.  She finds a kid and bullies her around the room.  I don't know how the story ended, but I just dropped it and moved on around the level about being in an hourglass or something.
#5142  September 24, 2021, 05:15:30 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
She honestly has a very sweet relationship with Cereza and is mostly just annoyed that she's somehow in this dangerous situation when she shouldn't be (and Bayonetta is therefore obligated to protect her, delaying her actual mission); I guess a lot of the sweeter interactions come later in, though.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5143  September 24, 2021, 05:29:51 am
    • Brazil
Long John Killer, dude, you really missed... everything about the character, specially in her interactions with Cereza.
#5144  September 24, 2021, 05:31:00 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Like I said, I assumed there was something deeper that people liked beyond where I dropped it.  And I likewise assume if I try it again with a blank slate it'll be a better experience.  Just for whatever reason at the time I played it when it was new-ish I got fed up with her role in the whole story.  Game beyond that was ok.  Bit weird Fly Me To The Moon plays in a graveyard though.  And the gravity-inverted running up buildings parts sucked.

If 3 interests me enough I may have to push up a revisit on the schedule, but we'll see how it looks.  Oddly broader Nintendo fans seem to be mixed to bashing on it on Facebook on my end, but I chalk that up just to it not being a mind-blowing trailer after 4 years.
#5145  February 10, 2022, 12:44:12 am
No one for the Nintendo Direct ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhDFA_O7zNg
Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes ! I got disgusted by the Three Houses story, but I'm in for a Warriors. (I loved the first one but I'm not entirely fond of them following the AoC formula, oh well)
Chrono Cross out of nowhere.
Earthbound, wow.
Spoiler: list of titles in the comments (click to see content)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 12:51:16 am by Byakko
#5146  February 10, 2022, 03:17:03 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
No one for the Nintendo Direct ?

The direct was pretty much mediocre. No info on development of BOTW2, or the Mario movie. But I guess that was expected.
At least they gave Earthbound fans what they wanted for all these years. So whatever.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#5147  February 10, 2022, 03:53:15 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
The only thing that interested me was Xenoblade Chronicles 3 because I played the first 2 games not including x which both games has a good story and ost.
Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 06:02:25 am by Shadic12
#5148  February 10, 2022, 05:25:01 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It had lots of cool JRPG stuff; pretty good Direct.

The amount of psychic damage that the Kirby trailer inflicted onto the world is equivalent to that first reveal of Mario Odyssey where Mario possessed a real human person. "Karby" alone...
#5149  February 10, 2022, 12:40:34 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I know the internet is gonna have a field day with that cheetah/cat lady in that Kirby game as well...despite having a name as pun-y as fucking Clawroline.

Also, Klonoa 1+2 alone already made me the happiest man on earth, and then the Direct just decided to casually drop a full-blown remake of motherfucking LIVE A LIVE!!!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#5150  February 10, 2022, 01:40:46 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I was pretty much starved for anything Mario Kart, and this was nothing of what I expected, but I am pleasently surprised by the extended car warranty for MK8D. 48 NEW COURSES!? That's sick. Now, they did focus on the course parts, but I hope they are including at least a few more cosmetics like karts or characters with it, to keep it even more fresh. Just give me Kirby and K. Rool and I'd be fine lol.

Disney got their own free to play kart as well now? I'll give it a chance.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#5151  February 10, 2022, 09:30:01 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I'm honestly dissappointed.
They're even importing Tour courses without making any model and textures improvements compared to 8 courses.
Also no new DLC characters? I'm still not a fan about those metal and power up suit slots.
This is fate.
#5152  February 10, 2022, 10:41:28 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I'm just happy to get the chance to be blue shelled in a different course

And being able to run 3 laps in the Tour courses instead of 2.
#5153  February 10, 2022, 10:45:46 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
The real Mario Kart 9 was the 9 years of development on Mario Kart 8.

I don't care tho cause racing games are dumb lol but Live A Live tho. Fuck. That broke me lmao super hyped for that.

Live-A-Live's remake and official localization was like, the closest we got to Mother 3 in this direct lmao
#5154  February 11, 2022, 12:45:39 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
They're even importing Tour courses without making any model and textures improvements compared to 8 courses.
Also no new DLC characters? I'm still not a fan about those metal and power up suit slots.

Eh, doesn’t really bother me too much, especially since now those tracks can be enjoyed in a more traditional Mario Kart, & because Tour’s got a good chunk of tracks from older games in it that they can reuse, as well.
#5155  February 11, 2022, 08:32:37 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada

You should very well know that if they added more DLC slots, they would be more power-up variants.
#5156  February 11, 2022, 12:49:00 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Real Question: Could the "remix" styled courses be eligible for being chosen?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#5157  March 29, 2022, 05:31:18 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1508806409797963784
Zelda delayed to Spring 2023.
But we do get 3 solid seconds of new footage with a better look at Link and the Master Sword. Good enough to last us a full year. I think that Link's new close-up design slaps [/Will Smith]
And did you see that new haircut ? I mean Aonuma.

Lets open the bets and rumors for what Zelda game we're getting this year to make up for that (and the Switch 2 rumors for BotW2 while we're at it because why not).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 05:45:51 pm by Byakko
#5158  September 09, 2022, 11:22:41 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

A new Original 2d Platformer staring Mickey and his friends is coming next year exclusively on Switch. Makes me want an actual new Rayman game after watching that.
#5159  September 13, 2022, 04:37:18 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
New direct tomorrow 7 am PST. 40 minutes worth
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#5160  September 13, 2022, 04:46:08 pm
Tears of the Kingdom, May 12. 10 entire seconds of new footage, this is getting wild !