YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247475 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#421  September 29, 2020, 08:44:19 am
I agree.. didn’t hear anything wrong with the falcon voice either
#422  September 29, 2020, 04:06:51 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Sean’s not asking if he should work with them, he’s asking if he should tell the guy working on this version of the game about the update he’s doing.

Personally, I think you should let the guy know you’re working on your own update. I would also advise against letting him offer to ‘help’ with your version - he's clearly doing something different with this version and it’d be better for you to stick to your own vision here. Unless, of course, there’s anything you explicitly want to adapt from his version. That’s up to you, of course.

That's literally the same opinion i have Sean, my only difference would be to propose to "mix" his work and yours into a single hodge podge, or maybe something more like receiving some help from him for your version, even so, please, stick to your vision, it's your idea and your game after all, my only problem with his version is that he took out some of your artwork in the lifebar portraits and that maybe some new things are slightly exaggerated compared to the solid stablished gameplay, just saying.

Anything beyond that, it could expand the game way further with those sweet newcomers (specially Spider-Man & Terry Bogard), hehe, you can do this Sean, do the right thing with your time and life.

I'll stay tuned & you guys stay safe, cheers.
Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:23:12 pm by AVPboy
#423  September 30, 2020, 12:04:33 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
It's hard to say, personally since I think your stuff is open source, and there's no harm in his own vision of the project maybe it could discourage him to continue working on his own if you work on yours? or it might inspire him to build on your ideas as well. I don't think it would hurt if you just wanted to let him know, that as the original author, you will be tweaking and adding some things yourself, if they wanted to take a look at it in the future to, modify and do their own thing with. Yeah aside from the clashing sprites, that does look promising but I think as long as you approach them and let them know, you are working on an update and maybe just let them know they can check out the progress for themselves
#424  October 02, 2020, 06:17:59 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I just wanna say, and some of you said this already but just to be clear, I have no intention of trying to stop Mythos' project or interfere with it, it's honestly flattering and I'm sure he has a vision for his version and it's all good. I just kinda wanted to get some opinions on it, and I guess the only thing I might do is hit him up for his builds of the characters I haven't started yet (like Jedah and JoJo) to save myself some time, which I hope he's cool about since he's building off my project.

------------------------------------------------

Also, check it out, surprise, I've been working on Mario Mario for the last several days straight and have made huge progress, he has a voice, FX, all of his supers, the whole shebang. He just needs a few bugs worked out and an AI. Here's an arcade run for you all to check out:

Here's his updated movelist:

COMMAND NORMALS:

-Monkey Wrench - F+HP - A slow overhead wrench attack

SPECIALS

-Tool Time - QCF+P - Mario tosses a random tool in an arch at his opponent. Strength of button changes the trajectory.
   -EX Version - Tosses two hammers at different arches, much like the Hammer Bros. from the games

-Fireball Gun - QCB+P - Mario uses one of Dinohattan's fireball guns. Slower than your average fireball special but causes knockdown
  -EX Version - Mario fires two fireballs in quick succession

-Thwomp Stomper - DP+K - Mario uses his Thwomp Stomper boots to launch into the air and down onto his opponent with a mighty stomp.
  -EX Version - Faster, hits downed opponents and its distance can be controlled by holding forward or back like SFV Alex's stomp

-Ba-Bomb - QCB+K - Mario sets down a little ba-bomb. It wanders around, and when it's close to an opponent, it goes into detonation mode and blows up after a second or two. Can hit downed opponents. Can seem hard to use at first but it's meant to make the opponent nervous.
  -EX Version - This move has no EX version.

-Dino-Flatten - QCF+K - Mario lunges forward with a big belly bump attack and follows it with a Thwomp Stomper-assisted front kick. He wasn't originally planned to have this special but when I was testing in arcade he desperately needed some sort of offensive maneuver that he could use for pressure and combos.
  -EX Version - Has less start-up, travels further and does more damage.

SUPER MOVES:

-L1 - Big Water Damage - QCF+S - A pipe bursts from the ground in front of Mario. He attempts to fix it, but his wrench breaks and a huge geyser of water blasts diagonally for big damage.

-L1 - That's a Big Ba-Bomb - QCB+S - Mario pulls a huge ba-bomb out of nowhere and sets it down at his feet. Unlike the small ba-bombs, this one marches straight forward and explodes if it comes close to or is touched by the opponent.

-L3 - The Super Mario Brothers - DP+S - Mario rushes forward and hits a belly bump. If it connects, the opponent is dizzied, and Mario and Luigi both attack with a Devo Gun, until they're interrupted by a ba-bomb that has just made its way around to the opponent (based on the climax of the movie)

Feedback welcome!

As I was typing up this moveset I realized he has no UT. Whoops! Any ideas?

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 06:33:08 am by Sean Altly
#425  October 02, 2020, 06:59:25 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Looks great man, if you can't figure out a better UT, maybe repurpose the ba-bomb for his UT, maybe some kind of fungus trap (you could probably use something like Spiderman's web sprites and recolour them to look more yellow-ish, or some kind of Yoshi assist, not sure how many frames you would need here's some sprites from Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, there's probably better raptor-like sprites. Or something with a plunger? not sure
#426  October 02, 2020, 07:07:28 am
    • Mexico
Maybe Luigi/Daisy/Yoshi assist for UT? Looks like Mario is prone to be rushed down easily, Sub-Zero in particular seems to be a big problem for him. Maybe have Daisy do a jump kick that gets the opponent off of Mario, Luigi basically act as a shield like Maya, and Yoshi could just be a fullscreen charge or hold an opponent like Hewie. I'm glad you managed to find a voice actor for Mario, who is it? The volume of the voice is a tad low though.

Also I wanted to suggest this little gem by ExShadow, to accomodate Fiona and Jotaro. One of my fave stages back in '11

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a link to this stage that isn't from Mugen Archive, which I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to link. Hope you'll consider this stage though, I don't think it's based on any existing game.
#427  October 02, 2020, 11:04:01 am
and I guess the only thing I might do is hit him up for his builds of the characters I haven't started yet (like Jedah and JoJo) to save myself some time, which I hope he's cool about since he's building off my project.

If you going to do that, don't forget to make sure whether they are edits or not, just in case you have to credit the original author(s).

Also I wanted to suggest this little gem by ExShadow, to accomodate Fiona and Jotaro. One of my fave stages back in '11

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a link to this stage that isn't from Mugen Archive, which I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to link. Hope you'll consider this stage though, I don't think it's based on any existing game.

There you go. The stage is called Creepy Forest Night.
Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:09:34 pm by GreenZed
#428  October 03, 2020, 09:54:00 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
A little something i found, as a suggestion, you may want to edit it or something Dear Sean, the author is DDougTanker:

Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 10:27:54 pm by AVPboy
#429  October 04, 2020, 02:22:37 am
    • Mexico
My best idea for a UT would be that maybe Mario could use a pipe to throw a big water puddle that makes terrain slippery, kind of like Sub-Zero's special but bigger.
#430  October 04, 2020, 04:20:36 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
A little something i found, as a suggestion, you may want to edit it or something Dear Sean, the author is DDougTanker:

That's incredibly nice spriting and animation but then I'd have to edit the entire spriteset to match it and honestly I'm fine with the current sprites. That does undeniably look better though.

-----------------------------------
That creepy forest stage is pretty nice, I just downloaded it to check it out, I may keep it depending on whether it fits the vibe once I add it.

For right now I've made Mario's UT the Ba-Bomb, it kind of works well that way, I also upped it from a max of two at a time to three, but that Might be a bit much, I'll have to do some testing. I also don't hate the idea of a Luigi assist, just depends on if I feel like spriting it since he has very limited animations right now and would need something all new.

Download Last Bout now!
#431  October 04, 2020, 05:32:42 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I think as far as smart re-use of your assets using the ba-bomb as his UT would make sense that way, idk if there's a way where you can either let it walk forward and explode on it's own, or if you hit the button again, you can force it to explode, like the bomb that Hsien-Ko uses
#432  October 04, 2020, 07:29:42 am
While we are on topic of stages, I decided to go through some of stages released by EXShadow in the past that I find fitting for this game. Here they are:

Riverside:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Dragon City:

This one uses concept art by Ucchiey, probably should credit them if you end up using it.

Japan Mountains:

Couldn't find original release thread, so I'm not 100% sure it's original, but it seems to be, I can at least recognize floor, which appears to be from KoF XIII.

Rainy Day:

This one uses original art by Ka92.

Personally, I would still like to see Midnight Skyline the most.
#433  October 04, 2020, 01:52:03 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/

You should've also looked a bit harder for who made it, because that's an old sprite animation I made years ago, not this Doug guy.

Shit
#434  October 05, 2020, 04:59:58 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#435  October 06, 2020, 07:32:45 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA

So here's another arcade run, this time featuring Edward Falcon. I can tell from this playthrough the Stone system may need tweaked. Sometimes it seems easy to get all three stones, sometimes it seems impossible. Might need to make it carry over through rounds or make the moves that the Stones grant you even more powerful.

Download Last Bout now!
#436  October 06, 2020, 05:40:39 pm
I can tell from this playthrough the Stone system may need tweaked.

Maybe Falcon can get Hurricane Aura with one power stone, Missile Launcher with two and Streak Dash with three, instead of collecting all three for all of them?
#437  October 13, 2020, 05:21:20 pm
    • UK
As a Suggestion
Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Shadow is getting a Capcom vs The World Sequel
#438  October 13, 2020, 05:28:51 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Couldn't help it eh

Here you go
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#439  October 23, 2020, 05:55:28 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#440  November 16, 2020, 01:36:43 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
So I've been a bit quiet here because I got just a tad burned out on CvTW stuff and decided to mess around with some sprites for an OC of mine that is meant for another project that I never really got to work on, a world-warrior-style game called Last Bout: Styles Will Clash (the game that my character Tristan Samroy is supposed to be a part of). Before I knew it, I was really in the zone making sprites so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and go ahead and make him the final boss for CvTW. I know that might disappoint some people who don't really care to see more of my OCs in the game, but I thought it was a good idea and plus now I have three fully-sprited characters for that project when I want to start it in earnest (Tristan, Illian and Elle from SHADEs 3, who is a crossover character between the two games).

I waited until I was 99% done with Illian's sprites to make any sort of preview for him, and here it is. His moveset has been finalized unless you guys give me any good ideas or recommendations. Feedback is welcome:

Some notes:
-He has a dash instead of a run because Last Bout won't have running
-The FX and sounds on his supers are meant for Last Bout, this version will have the standard CvTW stuff
-No UT yet, will probably be the Sphere special
-His L3 super with the big explosions and stuff is inspired by the SNK bosses and their penchant for unavoidable screen-filling supers

MOVELIST

COMMAND NORMALS

-Red Hammer - F+HP - Downward palm strike, overhead

SPECIAL MOVES

-Magnum Press - QCF+P - Dashing, energy assisted open palm strike
  -EX - Catches the opponent and slams them against the wall, where they bounce out and up for a juggle

-Heaven's Gate - DP+P - Anti-air grab where he slams his opponent down with tremendous force, causing an energy explosion on impact
  -EX - Almost no start-up and reaches very far

-Magnum Anvil - HCB+K - Jump-in grab ala Birdie or Alex in SFV, where he slams them down and then throws them into the wall behind him
  -EX - Homes in and leaves more time for a juggle after the wall bounce

-Omnisphere - QCB+P - Generates a large energy sphere that lingers for a bit, then dissipates after a set time or if it hits a certain number of times
  -EX - Releases two spheres at different distances

-Omnishift - An Akuma-like teleport move that only the AI can use to make him extra boss-like

SUPER MOVES

-L1 - Eruption Sphere - QCB+S - Throws an energy sphere diagonally towards the opponent's feet, which hits the ground and erupts into a vertical pillar of energy

-L3 - Magnum Opus - QCF+S - Big damage super where he does a full-screen Magnum Press, juggles with an Omnisphere and finishes with a super Heaven's Gate

-L3 - Iron Reign - DP+S - Raises his fist in the air and forms Omnispheres in a horizontal line above the opponent, then he drops them straight down, causing a big full-screen eruption of energy. Can't be avoided or interrupted, can only be blocked high.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 01:48:40 am by Sean Altly