YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 609660 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#41  February 16, 2022, 04:07:41 am
    • USA
Cammy looks great!
Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:36:11 am by Jotaro_Joestar
#42  February 16, 2022, 04:27:38 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
I've been lurking this thread for a while and oh my god thank you for the new sprite edits, big love to the new sprites

I'm gonna be honest, I was planning on revamping my old Cammy CS for some time, although I haven't been around the MUGEN scene for a very, VERY long time, maybe I'll do something with the new sprites once it gets released, who knows, but best of luck with the update!!! :8): :goi:

Oh... you're still here.
I'm not sure this Cammy need more CS. but yes, why not if you're really back to business. ^^;

Not exactly expanding the CS, take in consideration the Cammy CS is from 2018 (I think), so it's pretty disorganized in my personal opinion (especially compared to my recent original works), so the update was meant to organize the palette and make it have the same organization as my other works (to put it someway)

And yes, I'll return, one day lmao

I've been lurking this thread for a while and oh my god thank you for the new sprite edits, big love to the new sprites

I'm gonna be honest, I was planning on revamping my old Cammy CS for some time, although I haven't been around the MUGEN scene for a very, VERY long time, maybe I'll do something with the new sprites once it gets released, who knows, but best of luck with the update!!! :8): :goi:

Thank you! And please, contact me before you start.
This way, you'll be sure to work on the latest update, instead of a previous one.

I'll make sure to do so! I love the sprites and making the CS back in 2018 was a huge blast for 14 year old me, so I kinda hold them dear as well XD
#43  February 16, 2022, 10:34:52 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Yes, definitely shoulder pads.
So, what will be the next step?

The shoulder edit is a big Game-changer. Although a challenge, it's one I am motivated to work on.
The only option here is to go back, and start on her sprites from the beginning, and focus on shoulders, details, fixing errors, and even adding previously removed sprites for complete and/or new animations. It's not a problem for me, since I am enjoying it.

The military boots however, I have chosen not to go for it. I tried 7 years ago, and recently. And both times I could not make it work. So, it's like trying to go through a big brick wall for me keep at it. Specially when there are a few who can make it, and are very good at it. The best option would be to work on what I can do. Once she is finished, if someone want to make her boots, then by all means.

That is all for now.
Until next time!  :bjugoi:

OK, nice! (What are the removed sprites??? and also the possible missing sprites ???? I remember one of the old readme says soem sprites have bee n removed.)
Again, don't go too far on shoulder editing since some sprites already have correct shoulders.
Also, I hope you son't change anything in legs area ^^;

I'll take the boots parts... Seems like no one will ever do it.
But, again, I need the last up to date version before I start this huge boots project.
It will take years, so, whenever your Cammy sprites are ready, I'll start working over them :)
#44  February 16, 2022, 12:23:11 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
OK, nice! (What are the removed sprites??? and also the possible missing sprites ???? I remember one of the old readme says soem sprites have bee n removed.)
Again, don't go too far on shoulder editing since some sprites already have correct shoulders.

But, again, I need the last up to date version before I start this huge boots project.
It will take years, so, whenever your Cammy sprites are ready, I'll start working over them :)

Compared to POTS Cammy, and even Psycho Weapon from Ethan Lives, the Delta Red Cammy is missing many sprites, like in her salute animation, Time over/lost movement (turning around), some pre-punch images, etc... Again, images that one can't notice during gameplay, because the animations are set to be very fast. This Cammy is not complex, and there is not much that needs to be added. In fact, while working on this char, it seems she was meant to be quite simple. A good example of what I want to do regarding adding sprites, is what I did with her Midnight Bliss. She only had the regular standing and neck-hold sprites. And since the rest of her decomposition animation was available, I added it (and I don't like to brag, but I did a good job regarding that  :muttrox:).

Regarding the Shoulder Pads issue, I did mentioned before that some of her sprites didn't need fixing, since they already looked "de-inflated" ( ;D). But most of her sprites have them, so I'll focus on that. The images I have provided have proven that it can be done. She will not be perfect, and will have her flaws, but I want to do my best to make this char a very good one (at least in the visuals department).

The legs were never changed from her original sprites (except the red area on the boots (socks?), which I am changing to her original look. So, no worries on that regard.

If it will take years to make boot animations for this Cammy, then it's best to thing about it. What I want to do with Cammy will take weeks, a few months at most But that's it. This is a hobby for me, and I have a full-time job. But even with that, I know it wont take long. So, I invite you to consider it.

Anyway, Off to work.
Until Next time!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#45  February 16, 2022, 02:14:13 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Compared to POTS Cammy, and even Psycho Weapon from Ethan Lives, the Delta Red Cammy is missing many sprites, like in her salute animation, Time over/lost movement (turning around), some pre-punch images, etc... Again, images that one can't notice during gameplay, because the animations are set to be very fast. This Cammy is not complex, and there is not much that needs to be added. In fact, while working on this char, it seems she was meant to be quite simple. A good example of what I want to do regarding adding sprites, is what I did with her Midnight Bliss. She only had the regular standing and neck-hold sprites. And since the rest of her decomposition animation was available, I added it (and I don't like to brag, but I did a good job regarding that  :muttrox:).

Regarding the Shoulder Pads issue, I did mentioned before that some of her sprites didn't need fixing, since they already looked "de-inflated" ( ;D). But most of her sprites have them, so I'll focus on that. The images I have provided have proven that it can be done. She will not be perfect, and will have her flaws, but I want to do my best to make this char a very good one (at least in the visuals department).

The legs were never changed from her original sprites (except the red area on the boots (socks?), which I am changing to her original look. So, no worries on that regard.

If it will take years to make boot animations for this Cammy, then it's best to thing about it. What I want to do with Cammy will take weeks, a few months at most But that's it. This is a hobby for me, and I have a full-time job. But even with that, I know it wont take long. So, I invite you to consider it.

Anyway, Off to work.
Until Next time!  :bjugoi:

I'm ok with all of that.
Good news.

I'll wait for your final new SFF Cammy release, then I'll Start the boots process.
About time problem. I definitely understand it.

I also have full time job. and a full color comics project + some side projects (manga + colored comics)
+ game graphics modding + working with Openbor creators.
Mugen is sadly just 10% of my hobbies time.
But sometimes I want to work more on it. Just right now with Shimo project...
But perhaps in some weeks/month, I'll completely leave Mugen projects to be back to Openbor as an exemple... ^^;
#46  February 18, 2022, 03:21:38 am
Hello again;

Here is a very pleasant update.

I managed to finish working on both of her stand animations:
-I fixed the issue with the right arm (it kept following the forearm). Now it stays in place while the rest moves over it.
-I edited her face, to make her look less like SFA, and more like CVS (Not perfect, but I really like it).

Before and After animations:

I also worked on editing and improving the sprites (Turn and crouch-turn).

That is all for now.

#47  February 18, 2022, 10:25:40 am
  • A.K.A. NED
This is delicious ^^
#48  February 21, 2022, 01:22:59 am
Hello again;

Here is another update.

I have edited her forward and backward movement. It took some work, but I like the results.
I also edited her face (which I am glad I did).
Here is an image of when I started working on this project, and how it's going so far.

I may come back to these animation for some touch-ups, but the hard parts are already done.

#49  February 21, 2022, 06:41:04 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Bro, I'm in love. That palette is awesome btw.
#50  February 23, 2022, 10:42:14 pm
Just a quick update.

I have been quite busy at work, but I managed to keep working on the sprites.

At this point, the results of this editing are showing very nicely.
These are NOT the final work.

[New Look vs Old Look]

[New Look vs Old Look]

[New Look vs Old Look]

[Before and After]

I'll be quite slow on updating due to my regular work's duties this week. But once I am done, I'll get back on working on this Cammy.

#51  February 24, 2022, 01:11:28 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Beautiful progress my friend !
She looks so good...
#52  February 26, 2022, 03:39:42 am
Hello again!

I have taken a small break from work, and did something that might get a bit controversial.

I have added 'bounce' to her stand animations.

Retro gamers will remember this detail about her back in SF2.

Back to work for me.

Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:22:38 am by Tiger-Boy
#53  February 26, 2022, 04:37:53 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Hello again!

I have taken a small break from work, and did something that might get a bit controversial.

Back to work for me.

bounce is pretty necessary, nice one!
also. i see your effort... and like to see cammy receiving some attemption, so...
if want or need some tips, i made a quick edit on a old sprite of mine
i no will animate it, but you can use any part or all, if want

Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:50:41 am by Mastertkof
#54  February 26, 2022, 11:15:46 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Hello again!

Back to work for me.

I have nothing against a bit of bounce, but to be honest, I'm not sure it works here.
It looked more natural in SSF2.

There, the boobs shape don't change at all... looks like it's a piece of wood or rock... (sorry, hard to explain)
But I know that stand/idle stances are a pain in the @ss to animate (at least for me)

If you cannot fix it, I would appreciate an option to use no boobs bounce version too.

Also, to me, it should not be the priority.
To me, the first would be to fix errors
-1st version done.

Then fixing boots
-2nd version done.

Then adding custom effects.
-3rd version.

So, it would be possible to take any of the 3 released versions to make another custom.
This is only my point of view.
#55  February 26, 2022, 06:20:32 pm

bounce is pretty necessary, nice one!
also. i see your effort... and like to see cammy receiving some attemption, so...
if want or need some tips, i made a quick edit on a old sprite of mine
i no will animate it, but you can use any part or all, if want

Wow! The SF4 stance! Correct?
It will be sweet to have that animation added to the intros.
I will seriously consider it. Thanks!  :neutral:  :goi:

There, the boobs shape don't change at all... looks like it's a piece of wood or rock... (sorry, hard to explain)

I understand, and you have a valid point.
As always, these are not the final work. (This is something I did on my Free-Time from work).
If they look weird or 'cheap' in the end, I will remove them.
But I would like to try and make it work. So far, thinking this way has worked for me.   :neutral: :goi:

The 'chest' would have to be animated. Only 3 moves:
-Regular
-Animation goes up / gravity pulls down.
-Animation goes down / momentum pulls up.

These moves would then be added to the stand animations.

I will give this more thought until I can work on this char when I am done with my work duties this week.

As always, I will keep you guys updated.

#56  February 28, 2022, 07:50:04 pm
Hello again!

Here is a new update, and another example of missing sprites.
This is not the final work

Time Over Animation:

This animation took sprite and air editing.
First, the initial sprite is for a stand, which can be an issue if you choose a different stand.
Also, a sprite is repeated, and it's missing the 'breath-in' sprite.

So, as reference, I Followed the sprites that POTS used on his Cammy, using the sprites available at the moment.
I went to the original files, and edited the missing sprite from scratch. Adding it to the animation.
I also edited the rest of the animation, making them look more balanced.

Please ignore the shoulders on the second one, this animation uses sprites from other animations, and I have not edited that group yet.
I may create a new sprite using this one, and edit it to be even more fluent (Left arm not extended), or use a different sprite.

Now the animation looks more fluent.

That is all for now

Until Next Time!  :bjugoi:

Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 08:20:37 pm by Tiger-Boy
#57  March 02, 2022, 06:59:14 pm
Hello again everyone!

Another Update:

I finished editing Cammy's 'bounce' stance.

Originally it was just the whole area moving up and down with the stand animation, looking quite solid, and very 'cheap'.

As mentioned before, it was made in a hurry. Now, I added 3 new movements to the animation: Regular, Gravity(down) and Momentum(up).

Using Cammy's SSF2 stand animation as reference, I added these three movements to the stand animations, and they fit perfectly. As you can see, the center stays in place, while the rest moves. They were placed in the order of 'Regular, down, regular, up, regular, down, regular, up'. Now the stand animation looks real, instead of looking stiff, and is similar to the SSF2 stance, with bounce, jiggle and fluffiness (The stuff that dreams are made of).

Comparison:

This 'Bounce Technology' has been added to both stand animations.

I will work next on her 'Salute' animation. This will take some time, since I have to bring, edit and create several sprites from the original files. Plus, these will be used for other plans I have for this char.

That is all for now!

Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 07:07:16 pm by Tiger-Boy
#58  March 05, 2022, 04:14:18 am
Hello again;

Several updates to announce:

I edited and completed her 'salute' animation.
Original:

This was originally created when facing Military chars like Guile and Nash.
As mentioned before, this is one of several animations that had sprites removed.
Only 2 sprites were missing. I got them and edited them.
Now her salute is complete:

I also worked on one of her Win poses. Here is the original:

And here is the upgrade:

As you can see the movement is more fluent, and looks way better.

Bonus #1:
Here is the intro that was originally created when facing Bison (Dictator):

As you can see, it was meant to 'symbolize' that she is aware who she will fight and 'prepares' herself(?).

So, I took her 'standing-up' sprite from her salute animation, made some copies, and edited them to create a new 'Intro VS Bison' animation:

Now she will see directly who she is facing (Bison), then closes her fist and eyes with a frown, takes a deep breathe, and opens her eyes, focused on Bison.

Bonus #2:
With additional copies I made from her 'standing-up' sprite, I created this animation, to be used as an intro when facing chars like Deadpool or Dan:

Her eyes are way open, even blinks twice, shocked from who she is seeing. But just like the previous animation, she closes her eyes, takes a deep breathe, and focuses on the fight.

Bonus #3:
Her Midnight Bliss animation (with decomposition) now follows the colors of the palettes.  :muttrox:

I find that editing her intros and win animations are a challenge, since I have to edit sprites and codes. So, I am taking my time with them. I feel that once I am done with them, the rest will be downhill.

That is all for now! Time for some rest.

Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:19:54 am by Tiger-Boy
#59  March 05, 2022, 05:52:43 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
There's still a lot to be done, however, the work on the sprites is getting really good, and I think all this polishing is getting done pretty fast, keep it up!
#60  March 05, 2022, 07:13:09 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

I like the fact you go deep on details for animation.
Talking of that.

I randomly played Koopa901's Fevrier character (I was looking for inspiration of win Taunt poses for my Shimo project)

And I noticed that Fevrier's animations are extremely fluid. (Stand strong punch, stand Medium kick, stand Strong Kick...)
I don't remember seeing so fluid animations in SFA3 source character.
Seems like she use cross over Cammy sprites as a base(with "blurry"* effect), but with some EXTRA FRAMES

What I know : these EXTRA FRAMES are not in this Delta Red SFF. and they are not in SFA3 or CVS2

Have a look.

I have no idea if they are in Cross over games or if the y are customs.
But they make her animations looking incredibly more polished.

I like your project. I would NOT consider NOT using these "Fevrier" extra frames. They are just too good.
Anyone with a good eye can confirm or not if they are from Crossover games or custom frames by Koopa901?

*I use the word blurry for the move effect. I don't have the word in english.
Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 07:22:03 pm by Momotaro