YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441709 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Ken update BETA out!
#6161  June 30, 2020, 11:02:08 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
New Violent Ken intro vs DivineAkuma:

#6162  July 02, 2020, 02:30:06 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I'm surprised RagingRowen didn't mention this, but Ken doesn't play his intro with his edit of Memo's Terry. I noticed as there's no file for him and Ken doesn't play it with him.

As for his Violent Ken intro vs Froz's Vega, there's a bug where the round 1 animation plays twice. After that, Vega can move freely and hit Ken before the fight animation plays, able to deal some damage while he can't move. Just a suggestion, but it would be nice to add envshake during the pulsing sound effects to add a little more oomph to the intro.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#6163  July 02, 2020, 10:17:07 pm
    • USA
I'm surprised RagingRowen didn't mention this, but Ken doesn't play his intro with his edit of Memo's Terry. I noticed as there's no file for him and Ken doesn't play it with him.
That Terry will probably require a patch, not only to fix things to make him recognize Ken correctly, but also to redo the actual animation for said intro (which was reanimated/re-timed to better match CvS2). I've already done a bunch of patches and I don't wanna do any more!!!

As for his Violent Ken intro vs Froz's Vega, there's a bug where the round 1 animation plays twice. After that, Vega can move freely and hit Ken before the fight animation plays, able to deal some damage while he can't move. Just a suggestion, but it would be nice to add envshake during the pulsing sound effects to add a little more oomph to the intro.
Weird. Fixed and reuploaded.

I don't think the envshake is really needed, the screen flashing is enough on its own, IMO.
#6164  July 04, 2020, 07:16:47 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#6165  July 06, 2020, 02:51:14 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
I'm digging that Akuma intro. Thanks for keeping the Sean intro as well :D

#6166  July 15, 2020, 02:21:35 am
    • USA
Just need to finish up the AI and things should be ready for an official release. Also, Troy99 very graciously sprited in Ken's head to that one SFIII/SFIV styled stance animation that a few CvS-esque Ryu's have:

so now SFIII mode can have its own unique stance! :D

However, I'm not entirely sure who made the original stance animation. I need to know who the credit!!!
#6167  July 15, 2020, 02:32:22 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Signs point at it being chuchoryu, and Buckus did the edits.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6168  July 15, 2020, 03:21:40 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I think that's the one I fixed. I'll PM them to you if it's useful.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6169  July 16, 2020, 12:21:48 am
    • USA
That's strange, I could've sworn it was made by someone working on the MFG Presents Street Fighter project (and probably went through some collaborative edits during all that), and I don't think chuchoryu was involved in that?

Well, the head's all new, but IDK if this is the newest/most fixed version of the body:
#6170  July 16, 2020, 02:08:21 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#6171  July 16, 2020, 02:18:49 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

That's strange, I could've sworn it was made by someone working on the MFG Presents Street Fighter project (and probably went through some collaborative edits during all that), and I don't think chuchoryu was involved in that?

Well, the head's all new, but IDK if this is the newest/most fixed version of the body:

Well, that now that I see it better, is based on his SF3 incarnation. I was speaking about the one Chuchoryu did and Memo included at his Ryu(I'm not 100% sure, tho). Chuchoryu did one based in Ryu's SF4 incarnation, but he made some minor mistakes(is indeed a good stand). As I want to learn coding AND start with Ryu, I wanted to use something different from CvS, and so I fixed Chucho's(this is still incomplete, since it still lacks the gi/jacket movement and the broken folds of his trousers), becoming this:

Feel free to use it :)

PS: Also, I'm using a more extense CS than this.
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 02:22:37 am by FeLo_Llop
#6172  July 16, 2020, 10:06:32 pm
Just need to finish up the AI and things should be ready for an official release. Also, Troy99 very graciously sprited in Ken's head to that one SFIII/SFIV styled stance animation that a few CvS-esque Ryu's have:

Now that I see it in game, I think you should lower the dark tones' saturation and/or luminosity of the skin of the SF3 palette, since you can't even see the mouth clearly. I know it's there and I also know you used SF3 colours, but there's not much contrast between the dark and darkest tones defining mouth, jawline, muscles.
#6173  July 17, 2020, 06:57:15 am
    • USA
I went overboard with the pastel colors because it was the only way to really differentiate the SFIII mode with the normal mode. But now that's all unnecessary, what with the new stance:

IDK if this is good or not, I'm not a palette person
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:25:18 pm by Jmorphman
#6174  July 17, 2020, 08:43:53 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

so now SFIII mode can have its own unique stance! :D

However, I'm not entirely sure who made the original stance animation. I need to know who the credit!!!

Sure it would be really awesome to give him this stance as an alternate!
I always liked the "spunky" stance of SF3 shotos, particularly on Ken.
#6175  July 28, 2020, 07:24:15 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#6176  July 28, 2020, 07:30:59 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
So used to playing the older Ken, but there are parts of this new beta that are growing on me. I like that MAX Shinryuken is the one that gets mashed instead of the normal version for all the forms, and the attention to detail on SF3 Ken [I admittedly didn't play him with the older Ken]. I'm lamenting over the loss of Violent Ken's ability to use the Geri kicks, as well as the fact that the Shoryukens are CvS accurate, but you can still get some pretty raw damage with him otherwise. Can't wait for the official release.

Spoiler: Spoilered due to digression (click to see content)
#6177  July 28, 2020, 07:35:39 pm
    • UK
- Normal Kyo's Kamakura has a delay before the explosion, while EX Kyo's doesn't. Again, I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or not.
   - On the note of the Kamakura explosion, it lacks envshake for both Kyos.

I think that's supposed to represent the source games, because EX Kyo's based on the XI variant where there's no delay.
WIP Schedule:
#6178  July 29, 2020, 12:17:24 am
    • USA
So used to playing the older Ken, but there are parts of this new beta that are growing on me. I like that MAX Shinryuken is the one that gets mashed instead of the normal version for all the forms, and the attention to detail on SF3 Ken [I admittedly didn't play him with the older Ken]. I'm lamenting over the loss of Violent Ken's ability to use the Geri kicks, as well as the fact that the Shoryukens are CvS accurate, but you can still get some pretty raw damage with him otherwise. Can't wait for the official release.
Level 1 Shinryuken still can be mashed, but all it does is add one hit, like in CvS2 (which seems kinda pointless but eh, whatever). Also, Violent Ken does still have the crazy kicks! The command's just been changed to HCF+K.

Also, I hate to kind of hijack the thread, but I do have some late feedback and suggestions for Kyo, mainly Kusanagi honestly. Of course, you don't need to take the suggestions into account if you don't want to.

Kyo:
- During Dokugami Kai, Normal Kyo uses EX Kyo's roundhouse variant of Nanase Kai, rather than his own dashing in kick. Not sure if this was intentional or not.
This isn't hijacking at all! Anyways, yeah that's intentional. The Kyo's EX rekka chain is patterned after the new, unique rekka chain Kyo had in NGBC/KOFXI (as EX Kyo), which had a finisher that cost meter (and thus felt like a good fit for an EX rekka chain).

- Normal Kyo's Kamakura has a delay before the explosion, while EX Kyo's doesn't. Again, I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or not.
   - On the note of the Kamakura explosion, it lacks envshake for both Kyos.
The Kamakura stuff is intentional, as mentioned by Rowen. There's no envshake on any of the explosions but I guess I probably should add that, since it is in CvS2.

Kusanagi [Feedback]:
- Against certain characters, the final strike of either version of Kiri Homura will completely miss in the corner. The normal version will miss certain characters, like DeathScythe's R. Mika and Ingrid, while the MAX variant will miss his Akuma and even your Demitri, among other characters.
I'm not getting the same behavior; both versions of the super connect all their hits, whether in the corner or out, on those specific versions of Demitri and Akuma. Maybe it's some weird issue relating to resolution? I'm not entirely sure what it could be. Perhaps redownloading it would fix the issue, but I'm pretty certain nothings been changed with that move since I put out the big update.

- Suggestion 1: This is just mainly for flavor and more Kyo-1 moves on Kusanagi, but did you think about giving him Kyo-1's Tenuuzan rather than keeping MAX Orochinagi? Both moves are functionally identical except with Tenuuzan, Kyo-1 isn't covered in flames and I think the punch restands the opponent? Don't quote me on that lol.
I've thought about the new supers the Kyo clones got in 2002UM (for regular Kyo mode too, not just Kusanagi), but I don't really like any of them.

- Suggestion 2: Why not change the animation of EX Aoki to finish off with the Oniyaki like Kyo's Dokugami? The current version doesn't look bad honestly, just a tad awkward imo.
I didn't want to make it too similar to the normal version's rekka, so I just added another hit.
#6179  July 29, 2020, 12:21:30 am
    • UK
I should mention I'm not keen on the B,DB,D,DF,F, 2 buttons for the Alternate Level 3 Commands since you could do them accidentally depending on what you're trying to do (e.g. Zone with Hadoukens). Might I suggest a config for them or w/e or a Command change without clashing the Shippu and Shinbu commands.
WIP Schedule:
#6180  July 29, 2020, 03:47:49 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, one hit for an extra mash does seem pointless lol.. If that were the case, I'd just add the extra hit by default lol. Didn't think of doing half-circles for the crazykicks, but I see that they are indeed still there, so that's neat. As far as the Kyo stuff, I admittedly haven't played much of actual KOF so I didn't know that was the case. I also keep forgetting that MUGEN versions and resolutions can affect moves, and I play with 1280x720 resolution, so maybe that is making Kiri Homura act funky. And Tenuuzan is badass, how can you not like it!? D: