YesNoOk

cvschunli clone bug (Read 1787 times)

Started by Matias-Barrios, May 24, 2020, 06:31:06 pm
Share this topic:
cvschunli clone bug
#1  May 24, 2020, 06:31:06 pm
    • Uruguay
Hi all,

I have a bug in one char in my mugen that i would like to fix. I did not create the char. It is cvs chun li by warusaki.

The problem is sometimes she gets hit and suddenly gets "cloned". Another chun li that i can not control appears on teh exact same spot where she got hit and reacts to getting hit etc. So suddenly there are three chars on screen, the cpu i am fighting against, the chun li i am playing with and the clone that just appearead.

I have never created a character but i get can play around with Fighter Factory if I need to.

Can someone just give a a head start on how to find this bug and correct it? I can upload the char somewhere if needed.
Re: cvschunli clone bug
#2  May 24, 2020, 07:06:46 pm
    • USA
Post some screenshots or videos please. You said only when she gets hit?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#3  May 24, 2020, 07:21:11 pm
    • Uruguay
Yes. It happened twice. One in the ground and one in the air. Ill try to record it and post the video here. It seems hard to reproduce.
#4  May 24, 2020, 08:13:27 pm
    • Uruguay
So I set up a training session between chun li (me) and evil ryu ( ai controlled ). I did not touch anything and let the ai kicked her butt for like 30 minutes. The bug clone never showed up. So i guess is something i do or press while playing. Ill try to do the same but this time ill let her get punched while mashing buttons to see what happens.
#5  May 25, 2020, 09:17:07 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
This normally happens when a helper gets hit. You'd need to know exactly when and follow it through to find the problem helper. If waru has named his helpers try pressing ctrl+d until you think its got the fake chunli selected. Note the name down and then look for that name in the cns or st files. See if its using hitoverride or nothitby.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  May 27, 2020, 11:03:04 am
So I set up a training session between chun li (me) and evil ryu ( ai controlled ). I did not touch anything and let the ai kicked her butt for like 30 minutes. The bug clone never showed up. So i guess is something i do or press while playing. Ill try to do the same but this time ill let her get punched while mashing buttons to see what happens.

root cause of these problem are Chun-li created a helper (sub character) but acting as fireball or other things.
they are not expected to be hit normally.
they will use notbitby or hitoverride to avoid "get cloned"
may be there is a bug somewhere, but if you have no mugen coding skill, you can't fix it.

you can try my Chun-li if you want to check, let me know if she get cloned too.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdEQ2Uq3HHramidYnZrUyoeR0DKwY2CbD