YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 2974057 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#6721  February 18, 2020, 05:28:44 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

How about that?

The shading & proportions are really great! Much like I imagine what a official 2k2 Athena would look like in CvS! :2thumbsup:

Something bothers me about the face angle, though.

I dunno... it's just that Scrable's rendition of her head looks more accurate, I think. (nice animation here as well, Scramble! ;D)

#6722  February 18, 2020, 07:33:06 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Mr Karate, of course I didn't want to draw that hand, it looked painfully awful. Credits to demongorne for the head.

Dude I really appreciated the reference to my sprites, also i'd have a suggestion - why you and others cvs artist like Sabokee don't make team up for a full cvs Takuma/mr.karate sff? Obviously it's just a suggestion but i'm sure that the result would be worthy and definetely better than my many attempts.
#6723  February 18, 2020, 07:36:55 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

No offense to your sprites though, they deserve more use IMO.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6724  February 18, 2020, 08:56:26 pm
    • Chile

How about that?

The shading & proportions are really great! Much like I imagine what a official 2k2 Athena would look like in CvS! :2thumbsup:

Something bothers me about the face angle, though.

I dunno... it's just that Scrable's rendition of her head looks more accurate, I think. (nice animation here as well, Scramble! ;D)

I think the head is fine. I tried moving it a bit but ends a bit too awkward. Thanks for the input tho.
#6725  February 19, 2020, 01:57:05 am
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
attempted to do the Final Fight Streetwise concept art version of Sodom

good god, how long has it been since I did anything CvS or CvS-ish?
#6726  February 21, 2020, 06:23:02 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Here's my attempt using Ryo as reference:

Are you trying to convert it from the SNK version or are you drawing it from scratch? It just seems like more effort than necessary, unless you're doing a total spritesheet conversion in bulk, like Falcon Rapper usually does. I resized it and drew over it to give it clean lines, then placed the shading at the bottom, lightsource on top, then referenced Ryo's sprite for everything else (antialiasing, etc...).
#6727  February 21, 2020, 11:08:31 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/

Are you trying to convert it from the SNK version or are you drawing it from scratch? It just seems like more effort than necessary, unless you're doing a total spritesheet conversion in bulk, like Falcon Rapper usually does. I resized it and drew over it to give it clean lines, then placed the shading at the bottom, lightsource on top, then referenced Ryo's sprite for everything else (antialiasing, etc...).

I'm converting him ( once again) from the snk sprites by using don drago's takua sprites. A you you know, i already made a full sff of Takuam even though with all his glitches and issues, I don't know for now if I feel and mange to make another full sff of Takuma, for now I redid the stance and some others lil stuff.
#6728  February 22, 2020, 12:23:05 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6729  February 22, 2020, 03:11:24 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com

To me this seems the most accurate sprite of Takuma posted here, it fits what Capcom would do.
#6730  February 22, 2020, 06:21:29 am
    • Argentina
I compared his head size with Ryo's and it's the same (his hair's much shorter, of course). Here's a zoomed-in version with Ryo wearing the same colors, so you can compare the general shading:

One thing I DO have is a color leftover (he's 14-colors, not 15. I used one on the belt for the heck of it, and I guess I could use an extra one in the hair, but his skin-tone hair just looks so much more CVS-ish that I kind of don't want to change it :P)
#6731  February 22, 2020, 10:56:44 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Compared to dg's, he just looks younger in some way, and the head's pretty thin.

I always thought Capcom gave him that look to Ryo in CVS to separate him from the other shotoclones(Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan) and their style, imagine if Ryo had the same pants as Ryu, that would have been just another shotoclone, thats why that loose-pant Gi Ryo has a look different from previous SNK iterations.

PD: He looks smaller, thinner and younger than his son.
Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:12:28 pm by S. Jetstream
#6732  February 22, 2020, 05:37:17 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Clark, attempt, 
#6733  February 22, 2020, 06:06:41 pm
    • Argentina
He looks smaller, thinner and younger than his son.

His torso is bulkier than Ryo's by about 3-4 pixels (so are his arms and legs). Also, he IS shorter than his son (in addition to the fact that his legs are further apart and his head leans down a bit). I don't agree that he looks younger. I feel like the line on the side of his face does a decent job of adding a tiny jowl, denoting age. I could've added extra lines, but that would ruin the clean look CVS sprites typically go for.

Clark, attempt, 

Pants look pretty good. So does the shirt. The rest of the sprite still looks a bit SNK-ish. I would trace the rest of it and shade it manually. Also, don't forget about the 15-color limit. The same way the pants and shirt share colors, you could have an extra dark blue solely for the hat and share the other blues with the pants.
#6734  February 22, 2020, 11:09:10 pm
    • Argentina
I was practicing some anatomy sprites. But I'm not sure about this one, feedback is needed and welcome.
#6735  February 23, 2020, 12:29:26 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
https://i.imgur.com/dz55Ey7.png

One thing I DO have is a color leftover (he's 14-colors, not 15. I used one on the belt for the heck of it, and I guess I could use an extra one in the hair, but his skin-tone hair just looks so much more CVS-ish that I kind of don't want to change it :P)
Maybe could use that leftover color for a darker skin/hair tone? I guess really just for the hair, actually; I've seen quite a few CvS2 characters with skin-tone hair have one extra, darker color used for the hair (and maybe a few other places on clothes or something), but not used for the skin.
#6736  February 23, 2020, 04:55:20 am
    • Argentina
That was one option, but I actually figured out a better one! :D

I didn't want to double post and as I mentioned in the Discord, editing existing posts is not working.

I actually figured out I can replace the yellow in the belt with the lightest skin tones and that'll actually give me TWO left-over colors instead of just one. Now you may be asking "Didn't you complain about having ONE leftover color? Why would you want a second one?" Well, the answer is simple!

MR KARATE!!

I can give Takuma a mask at any time and I'll have two shades of red to work with. If Takuma had had 15 colors, then I wouldn't have had any leftovers for the red in the mask (or just one red instead of two). Yay!
#6737  February 23, 2020, 12:46:13 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Takuma (OLD sff) ex stance and intro updated

#6738  February 24, 2020, 07:11:44 pm
  • SNK is life

There is no reason for the head to jump up 1 frame at the end of the breathing cycle. If anything, the head should go 1 frame lower than the rest of the animation, since it's the point where the lungs are empty and the chest/torso collapses a bit.

Make sure to correct that small detail and it should look better.
#6739  February 26, 2020, 02:44:23 am
    • USA
U*P*D*A*T*E*
#6740  February 26, 2020, 03:12:53 am
    • Argentina
That one looks neat, I would put some shadow below her knees but is fine either way.

I just found Chuchoryu's Kage and I think it's a great tool to practice CVS spriting.
Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:50:11 pm by S. Jetstream