YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1401953 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie
#1  August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
So there's been a bunch of news of DC's planned Justice League movie, and their attempts to try and duplicate Marvel's cinematic universe. A bunch of news has happened so, thread! Here are some recent things:

The Wachowskis are in talks to direct the JL movie. Ben Affleck was also strangely asked to direct, but that isn't gonna happen ever. So anyway, Wachowskis: they're good action directors but really bad at philosophy. If they do accept the directing gig, let's hope it'll be more like Speed Racer and less Matrix Revoultions.

Then, a rumor surfaced that Batman, who is getting rebooted because of course he is, might appear first in the JL movie, before his rebooted movie. Perhaps DC realizes that everyone on the freaking planet already knows Batman's origin and thus they don't have to retell it. Or maybe they'll just wait until the rebooted Batman movie itself before retelling it AGAIN.

And then, most recently, there a rumor that Brett Ratner was in talks to direct the JL movie. Ratner, the cinematic genius behind the masterpiece known as X-Men: The Last Stand is the perfect choice to direct this film. Plus, there's precedent for former X-Men movie directors to go on to direct amazing DC films, just look at Bryan Singer and Superman Returns! :gonk:
Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:25:37 am by Jmorphman
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: just how much can we botch Justice League?
#2  August 31, 2012, 12:27:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
ugh that post is one horrible name drop after another.
#3  August 31, 2012, 12:29:00 am
    • USA
what post
#4  August 31, 2012, 12:32:56 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yours. Every single one of those persons shouldnt be touching comic book movies with a ten foot pole.

X-men the last stand was a huge load of shit.
#5  August 31, 2012, 12:34:54 am
    • USA
Yeah it's so weird I'm namedropping directors that are in talks to direct the movie, why would I do something like that it's so dumb.
#6  August 31, 2012, 12:37:46 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Superman Returns! :gonk:
I still don't understand how this movie got 70% on Rotten Tomatoes. I had to stop after one hour or I was gonna puke out of boredom.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make a Wonder Woman and a Flash movie before a Justice League one ? Or would these not sell enough and JL would be the only way to have a huge movie, since it'd include Batman and Superman ?

How about they make Batman movies inspired by the great hits such as Hush or Batman of Zur-En-Arrh ? :wink2:
And I want Poison Ivy and The Riddler back somewhere.
#7  August 31, 2012, 12:39:05 am
i think he's saying that the names you're namedropping are all terrible and this will be a terrible movie. he's not complaining about your way of posting exactly.

having said that, if christian bale isn't batman then this is kind of pointless. it's like they replaced robert downey jr for avengers because he's getting rebooted
#8  August 31, 2012, 12:40:37 am
    • France
It's like they replaced Tobey Maguire ... oh wait!
#9  August 31, 2012, 12:43:37 am
    • USA
I still don't understand how this movie got 70% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Critics are dumb.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make a Wonder Woman and a Flash movie before a Justice League one ? Or would these not sell enough and JL would be the only way to have a huge movie, since it'd include Batman and Superman ?
I think they want to rush JL into production as fast as humanly possible after seeing the box office results of Avengers.

How about they make Batman movies inspired by the great hits such as Hush or Batman of Zur-En-Arrh ? :wink2:
Batman: Hush is about the furthest thing from a greatest hit you can get.

having said that, if christian bale isn't batman then this is kind of pointless. it's like they replaced robert downey jr for avengers because he's getting rebooted
Christian Bale won't come back unless Nolan came back, and that isn't gonna happen. Plus, he apparently hated playing Batman and was only doing it as a paycheck.

but hey, we won't have to deal with Bale's terrible Batman voice!
#10  August 31, 2012, 12:44:18 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yeah it's so weird I'm namedropping directors that are in talks to direct the movie, why would I do something like that it's so dumb.

I think you misinterpreted my post. I was pointing out how every pick was worse than the one after.Every name dropped was worse than the one before it. Unless you are involved with dc directors calls I dont think you could take what I said as an insult!!!!

Some people are saying that they will try to tie in batman next movie at the end of superman next movie, to kickstart the world with superman first.
#11  August 31, 2012, 12:45:28 am
replacing the only established actor (batman, three movies, huge trilogy) they have for this potential justice league movie would really take away from it. replacing norton in avengers also took away from it kind of, but ruffalo did such a great job that i didn't mind, and norton wasn't hulk for more than one movie so he wasn't that established. spiderman wasn't going to be in avengers so i don't see why that's relevant

EDIT: i suppose none of this really matters in dc's case since they're really late to the continuity thing
#12  August 31, 2012, 12:49:49 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ruffalo would have been a perfect Beast.

There will be a time where they will have to replace Ironman, Downey is already on his fifties, so he has about two or three more movies on him before he starts being a bit too old for the part. Marvel however has already admitted they will go the james bond way and replace the characters while having a sliding timescale.
Dc might just do the reboot thing every few years like they do in comics.
#13  August 31, 2012, 12:52:20 am
    • France
Don't mind me, it wasn't meant to be relevant.
I was just mocking Sony for their reboot.
If Marvel got back the rights on Spiderman though, it'd be funny to see who they'd take as actor for Peter Parker. Toby Maguire, Andrew Garfield, or somebody totally new ?

Batman: Hush is about the furthest thing from a greatest hit you can get.
>:[ HEY!!! It's a very cool story! And I love Jim Lee.
Wait for Batman & Superman VS Alien & Predator!
#14  August 31, 2012, 12:53:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They would sooner cast Donald Glover than any of those two abominations.
#15  August 31, 2012, 01:04:42 am
    • USA
Hush is like a cover version of a mashup of every big Batman story ever, so it feels very epic to new readers. Batman fights Superman! Then he fights Ra's al Ghul! With a sword! Then the Joker kills an important character (well, not really, because nobody gives a shit about Tommy Elliot), and Batman almost kills him! Then Batman has to fight all his major foes!

But it's bad. Really, really bad. Things happen for no real reason. It pointlessly hinted at Jason Todd's revival, which literally no one besides Judd Winnick wanted to come back (so later he went and did so). You have a character betrayal that feels completely superflous (Harold Allnut, you know the Batmobile mechanic? Wasn't it shocking that this obscure character betrayed Batman!?) And then it totally fucks up the character of the Riddler. It's a terrible, shitty, overhyped trainwreck and is just another example of Jeph Loeb's terrible, terrible recent comics output.

plus Hush himself is the worst villain ever, seriously
#16  August 31, 2012, 04:22:16 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Brett Ratner...oh god no

introducing a new Batman in a JL movie sounds like something interesting (and logical): then, following with new stand-alone movies would be consistent... they won't have time to make a new Batman movie anyway, not after the awesome Nolan's versions

now i damn hope Superman will deliver
Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:25:33 am by Djoulz
#17  September 10, 2012, 09:53:53 pm
    • USA
Allan Heinberg, a writer and producer of several shows (Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls, The O.C. and Grey's Anatomy) and occasional comic book writer is rumored to be developing a Wonder Woman series for The CW.

It will apparently be called Amazon, like that Green Arrow show is gonna be called Arrow and the Superman-not-being-Superman show was called Smallville. The rumors seem to indicate that it is also pretty similar to Smallville, in that it will have arbitrary rules for the superheroics (like no tights, no flights) and to feature unlikeable characters complaining about being superheroes. :pwn:

But it's still just a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. It does make me wonder if the Wonder Woman show would be set in the DCU film universe but expecting Warner Brothers to behave rationally and logically in these situations is a fool's errand.
#18  September 10, 2012, 11:54:56 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yes, but will it have dumb jackets?  It's not truly a Smallville style show without copious amounts of dumb jackets.
#19  September 11, 2012, 01:53:39 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
omfg that "Flash" and Green Arrow outfit in Smallville....
#20  September 11, 2012, 07:18:49 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
since i always avoided smallville like the plague i didn't even knew teh flash made an appearance, how did he looked like?
* Bastard Wolf does a quick google search

OH DEAR GOD, WHY???!!