YesNoOk

Gamers in their 20s - Weak and Unmarriable men. (Read 5934 times)

Started by walt, May 30, 2013, 08:46:08 pm
Share this topic:
Gamers in their 20s - Weak and Unmarriable men.
#1  May 30, 2013, 08:46:08 pm
  • SNK is life
http://kotaku.com/joe-scarborough-calls-men-in-their-twenties-weak-unmar-510480810

Speaking on the topic of shifting gender roles and female breadwinners, Joe stated the following about my generation:

"Men in their twenties, who unfortunately I think are weak, and stay at home, and play videogames and are weak, weak, weak and unmarriable! They’re just...there are no good men out there! Other than my son and his friends."

He's attacking you guys, let him have it.
Re: Gamers in their 20s - Weak and Unmarriable men.
#2  May 30, 2013, 09:02:17 pm
    • USA
#3  May 30, 2013, 09:20:25 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
reasonz why u gaylords are nurds

*weak
*stay at home
*play v-games
*weak
*weak
*weak
*can't mary no womn
*weak
*weak
*weak
*weak
*sports
#4  May 30, 2013, 09:24:20 pm
  • SNK is life
Now, let's be honest here. The 20s are hard, you're trying to find your place in the world. By 22~23 you're fresh outta college (if you were lucky to have an education) and trying to find a decent steady job.

Nobody should be marrying anybody unless they're pregnant, high school sweethearts, or actually have a strong income, because marriage is some expensive shit, I'll tell you that much.

The weak part, well shit, the times don't require lumberjacks no more, and even if they did, there's power tools for that. Sports were ok back when it was the only way of socializing or getting recognition. Everything in the world has changed for less physical activity to be required. This guy wants the 60s back or what.
Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:28:21 pm by Señor Walt
#5  May 30, 2013, 09:31:51 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Joe Scarborough
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#6  May 30, 2013, 09:40:42 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Leave the "I´ve found the love of my life" phrase to the fairy tales and fancy romance novels, in this new age to sustain marriage the couple need a strong and good income cause shit gets really tough when finding where to live and stuff if anyone of them doesn´t have that.

LOL this guy is funny, like marriage is an important thing in the age of 20 :smug: who believes that anyway?
Chilling
#7  May 30, 2013, 11:06:43 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
<3 Kotaku
#8  May 30, 2013, 11:10:39 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
I have a friend who is 20, married, and living large.

He is a gamer.

NoZ

#9  May 30, 2013, 11:26:54 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
27 right now,nine years married,have my own house,my own business and I am a gamer,also a father of a four year old so the weak part IDK
#10  May 30, 2013, 11:40:11 pm
  • Fuck You.
that is a stupid article because i am the best person ever
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#11  May 31, 2013, 12:19:39 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
In the middle of a dated metaphor about cavemen killing dinosaurs to make ends meet Joe Scarborough, host of MSNBC's Morning Joe, called men in their twenties weak, unmarriable gamers.

I've read enough(even being a "metaphor"...dude, speak about mammooth, sabertooth tigers, glyptodon, etc, not dinosaurs!!). Dinosaurs died 65 millions of years ago, while first "humans" appeared aroun 140.000 years ago. Do the maths.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#12  May 31, 2013, 12:26:07 am
    • USA
He's old anyway so he's weak weak weak weak weak weak weak and I can kick is weak ass
#13  May 31, 2013, 02:54:28 am
he's completely wrong. i don't game too much, i work out often so i am relatively stronger, and yet i am still completely unmarriable garbage
#14  May 31, 2013, 02:58:48 am
  • For honor!
Ok. *Goes back to playing Pokemon to correct my mistake of not ignoring stupid people*
Iroha stripped for me
#15  May 31, 2013, 03:13:13 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Yeah, well, who cares?  All 3D girls are ugly mean cock hungry slut whores, I don't want to date them anyway!  As long as I have the glorious 2D master race my waifu will always keep me comfy on a cold November night.  Real girls a shit.

SNT

#16  May 31, 2013, 03:26:31 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#17  May 31, 2013, 03:28:23 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Is this guy trying to have a hoard of angry people attack him?

The Gamer Culture and the Internet can be scary if provoked. If it was a fight he wanted, it is very possible that he would get WAY more than he bargained for.

Besides, not many people in their twenties marry anymore. Marriage and starting a family is expensive, so you need to have a good source of income to support both.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#18  May 31, 2013, 04:05:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he's completely wrong. i don't game too much, i work out often so i am relatively stronger, and yet i am still completely unmarriable garbage
+1

Posted: May 31, 2013, 04:05:18 am
Yeah, well, who cares?  All 3D girls are ugly mean cock hungry slut whores, I don't want to date them anyway!  As long as I have the glorious 2D master race my waifu will always keep me comfy on a cold November night.  Real girls a shit.
+1

Posted: May 31, 2013, 04:05:34 am
I am not even in my 20s, lol.
#19  May 31, 2013, 07:49:44 am
The weak part, well shit, the times don't require lumberjacks no more, and even if they did, there's power tools for that. Sports were ok back when it was the only way of socializing or getting recognition. Everything in the world has changed for less physical activity to be required. This guy wants the 60s back or what.

It's common knowledge that the average woman wants a strong, alpha male. This guy is suggesting that the common gamer does not fit this mold. You are right though.

I'm not in my 20's yet but I've been fortunate enough to keep a girl with me, only God knows how. Without her, idk man.

EDIT: But then again, watching the video all the way through, since before I only read the article, I can say that this guy's perspective is still understandable. He's a father, nobody's ever good enough for anyone's daughter.
Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:54:01 am by Cazaki
#20  May 31, 2013, 07:54:12 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
It's common knowledge that that generalization about the average woman is stupid and wrong. Do you want the 60s back too or?
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.