YesNoOk

Unable to store stages in folders? (Mugen 1.1 b1) (Read 1827 times)

Started by FrozenDelight, November 02, 2013, 10:49:44 pm
Share this topic:
Unable to store stages in folders? (Mugen 1.1 b1)
#1  November 02, 2013, 10:49:44 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
Hi guys and girls, I have a small problem; Traditionally I store stages in seperate folders, all contained in the normal 'stages' folder. So for example, all stages from AOF3 will be in a folder called something like Art_of_Fighting_3, then there will be a different folder called something like Street_Fighter_2, etc, etc. This works for me in Mugen 1.0, I am aware that I must change the addresses accordingly in the stages .def file, and in the select.def file, so that's not the problem.

I recently tried Mugen 1.1 beta1, and it is no longer working. If I move the stage files out of their folders and put them into the root of the stages folder, they work fine. Sorry, I know that my issue is a small one, and that I'm probably in an extreme minority of players who are probably overly fussy and neat. I just like to have everything ordered properly. I have checked over and over again for any stupid typos I may have done, but nothing has come up. Perhaps it's just something that doesn't work in Mugen 1.1?

Any help would be great, thanks.
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
Re: Unable to store stages in folders? (Mugen 1.1 b1)
#2  November 04, 2013, 01:34:22 pm
  • Tu tiempo paso, tu ya no brilla'♪♫
    • Mexico
    • Manuel.is.back.13@hotmail.com
i test and its work

stages/xd/Cs World.def

xd/Cs World.def

worked well, I honestly do not know which is the problem
yo confio en que vuelvas a ser mi princesa ♥ ♪♫
#3  November 08, 2013, 08:22:38 pm
  • TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL.........
I had the same issue. The way to fix this is to go inside the stages def file and fix the path to the sff file. For example let's say that your Art_of_Fighting stages say something like AOF3/stagefolder/stage.sff
For me the way I got this to work was to remove the folder names and label it like this.
AOF3/stagefolder/stage.sff (This doesn't work)
stage.sff (This does work)

Hope this is what you were talking about.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Use spoilers so you don't clutter up the forum!!!
#4  November 08, 2013, 08:28:54 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
So you can't use folder based directories like you do in 1.0/Win?? That's interesting.

I myself have always prefixed and shorthanded the filenames and placed all of them in the folder where they belong.

Example:

Every single stage .sff and .def I have is in my STAGE folder. For Street Fighter 2, I have Balrog's stage as SF2_BalrogBG.sff. The same goes for the .def file. And Street Fighter 3 is broken down like this:

SF31st_RyuBG.def/sff
SF32nd_RyuBG.def/sff
SF33rd_RyuBG.def/sff

At first, it was a pain in the ass to categorize and organize each and every file, but the end result i a very good one.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#5  April 18, 2019, 07:52:16 pm
I'm having the same problem. I can edit the select.def to point it towards a custom folder like stages/jungle/adonbg.def and it even shows up on the select screen, but when I go to select it in-game, it crashes.

I'm assuming "go inside the stages def file and fix the path to the sff file" refers to this:
[BGdef]
spr = stages/jungle/adonbg.sff

Which also doesn't seem to work. Any help appreciated.