YesNoOk

More Street Fighter 1 characters??? (Read 7681 times)

Started by Rabano, October 03, 2022, 10:02:04 pm
More Street Fighter 1 characters???
#1  October 03, 2022, 10:02:04 pm
    • Argentina
Beside the original roster from the first ever game of Street Fighter.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

wich other characters can be in a "remake" of that game?

I saw various mugens with Cody from Final Fight being part of the game, but nothing more really. It kinda hard to think about because SF lore its a mess, specially trying to place it with the other Capcom Games (Final Fight, Rival Schools).

For example the last example, Rival Schools, what place it has in the SF timeline? can you add someone like Batsu in a SF 1 roster? or he was a child when that game happens?
Re: More Street Fighter 1 characters???
#2  October 04, 2022, 01:40:21 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I'd go with the safe way: SFV shown you the SF1 route. It has:

Lucia - Cody - Zeku - Ken - Ryu - Birdie - Boxer - Poison - Abigail - Sagat

Luckily, Poison has great sprites(cortesy of Dampir). Final Fight Cody has his original outfit in mugen(I don't remember who did those sprites, and they're cool as Hell!).
Also, Chuchoryu did Zeku and Abigail. But I don't suggest using his Abigail. Just DL it and see what I refer to. And it's a shame because if the guy would dedicate some time to his characters instead of RELEASE DAY 1, he'd be doing awesome suff.

I would not put characters of Rival Schools because, yes, they'd be just babies around that time.

Also, Yoshinori Ono once stated that every SF happens in its own universe(or such), so you could not place a CORRECT time for the other capcom fighters. There's a lot of retconing and the most accurate thing I'd think about it's....just a joke of Ingrid hahahahah.

Maybe you can add Gouken and Gouki to the bunch, since Gouken "died" at Gouki's hands by the end of SF1.

Question: Are you coding the characters or doing edits over other creators' stuff? just for curious.

Good luck!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#3  October 04, 2022, 09:46:09 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I'd go with the safe way: SFV shown you the SF1 route. It has:

Lucia - Cody - Zeku - Ken - Ryu - Birdie - Boxer - Poison - Abigail - Sagat

Luckily, Poison has great sprites(cortesy of Dampir). Final Fight Cody has his original outfit in mugen(I don't remember who did those sprites, and they're cool as Hell!).
Also, Chuchoryu did Zeku and Abigail. But I don't suggest using his Abigail. Just DL it and see what I refer to. And it's a shame because if the guy would dedicate some time to his characters instead of RELEASE DAY 1, he'd be doing awesome suff.

I would not put characters of Rival Schools because, yes, they'd be just babies around that time.

Also, Yoshinori Ono once stated that every SF happens in its own universe(or such), so you could not place a CORRECT time for the other capcom fighters. There's a lot of retconing and the most accurate thing I'd think about it's....just a joke of Ingrid hahahahah.

Maybe you can add Gouken and Gouki to the bunch, since Gouken "died" at Gouki's hands by the end of SF1.

Question: Are you coding the characters or doing edits over other creators' stuff? just for curious.

Good luck!

Same here
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#4  October 04, 2022, 01:05:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#5  October 04, 2022, 02:00:59 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Felo gave you the most correct way to do so: you'll be right as hell to mix in "Final Fight" characters, as SFV itself did. So, you aren't limited to the ones who appeared in SF1 route of that game, but you're free to add the ones who weren't there but were in FF, like Guy, Rolento, Sodom and Hugo (just make sure not to treat them as local canon).
What about actual SF characters, I think we could at least consider characters with serious fighting experience by the time of SF1 (meaning they were at it by that time already), like Zangief, Balrog, Charlie (Guile fits too, but since Charlie was in Airforce before Guile he is plain more possible here), abovementioned Gouken with Akuma and ets. But I'd suggest you not to rely on these too much, or it'll quickly un-make this game as SF1 remake, but will turn it into a typical dream-match, even if its with '87 in mind.
Also, just for shits and giggles, pull Balrog out of the said "to consider" list and force him into the game. Have him neighbour Mike, and try to show them as different characters (at least, as different as Ryu and Ken are). xD
Loving your stage conceprs, pal, but why is Joe's stage so gray? Not only it's inaccurate, but it's clashes as hell with your very vibrant other concepts (plus, making Joe fight with literal gray color as the BG will NOT help the character, who is considered to be THE most bland SF character ever).
Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:07:59 pm by Trololo
#6  October 04, 2022, 07:00:56 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thinking about it, I should add Final Fight characters, probably Sodom and Rolento, and as I said I'll add Ingrid and Zeku. I can also add Akuma, probably as the final boss.

Nice!
Is the upper body based on White from Matrimelee ?
Not sure the ratio will match with SFA Guile on ALL sprites, but the stance looks OK.
#7  October 04, 2022, 07:03:55 pm
    • Argentina
yeah That's White torso, I feel like Matrimelee style are the closest thing to the CVS 2 style, If I ended up trying to make him I'll see if I can match the bodies as best as I can
#8  October 04, 2022, 09:16:15 pm
Well, I'd like to suggest 2 things:

- 1) Start with a small roster. This is for avoiding being burn of work. Even a hobby, sometimes spriting/coding could get tiring as Hell.
- 2) Choose a common graphic style. As most of the sheets comes or follows the SFZ style, go for it.

Also, I'm doing SF portraits using Edayan's style, if you want to add them to your project :)
#9  October 04, 2022, 10:05:02 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Apart of all have been said here, Capcom stated SF1 and FF1 occurs at the same time, being SFA series like a year after those events, so SF characters that came from SF1 appear after the events of the first tournament and FF characters came after Mad Gear was disbanded in the ending of the first FF (or at least before they became international as in FF2).

Maybe not IMO. Not as babies, but yes as children, since Sakura appearance in the first RS was the union of RS with SF universe, I must say that occurs in parallel of SFA events, so for SF1 the RS chars were pre-teens... that means that Akira in SFV (that occurs after SFII and IV) also has +18 as Sakura in that game and she's no more a student

Saying all of this, I support Felo's ideas, especially to start with a small roster, and if you can see you can make more, give your fullgame idea an update and add more characters (or leave the space to get "DLC" chars to enlarge your roster)

That's all I can say, good luck with your project ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#10  October 05, 2022, 02:18:56 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The majority of these stages are beautiful, full stop. There isn't much to complain about IMO.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#11  October 05, 2022, 04:45:00 pm
    • Argentina
A artist mesaage me that I used his sprites for the backgrounds I did, so I'll change a lot of them.
#12  October 05, 2022, 08:06:50 pm
what was? he backgrounds themselves or the characters appearing?

Who was the artist? maybe you two can talk about including those backgrounds in your project
#13  October 05, 2022, 08:39:33 pm
    • Argentina
T
what was? he backgrounds themselves or the characters appearing?

Who was the artist? maybe you two can talk about including those backgrounds in your project

The backgrounds, I used sprites and stuff I found in other stages, and some of the stages I used are from MatreroG, he sent a message that he doesn't like his edit being stolen for other stages, so I said Im sorry and now I'll remade the stages where I used his stuff.
#14  October 05, 2022, 11:12:06 pm
What are his objects in particular that need to be changed? Can you provide a list?

At first glance you are rearranging stuff from official games, no custom stuff.

If anything, someone here could help you to find similar objects from another games.

#15  October 05, 2022, 11:54:44 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Nice concepts. By the way, Matrero did the something similar to me: he butchered one of my stages (edits + original) to do "his" work and posted it without even crediting me. After I caught his attention, he credited me... Apparently, he forgot he used someone else's work. Now he's making a scene about it when the roles are reversed. Seriously? Of course, he said he could delete the link. But you know how it is, once online...
Anyway, did he rip all the sprites used or did he just use what was already available? I suppose it's the latter.
How interesting. So he can edit peoples' work but people can edit his, gotcha.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new