YesNoOk

FELO/CVSNB Collabration CVS JURI! (Read 33268 times)

Started by C.v.s The Abstract, July 23, 2014, 03:12:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: FELO/CVSNB Collabration CVS JURI!
#141  August 28, 2014, 04:25:03 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
^^Get out of here diepod! >:( lol felt compelled to type that for some reason but I love how there are members who encourage creators to strive for the highest quality in their creations here thats what separates this forum from alot of the rest, I personally am with dkdc on the scaling option doesn't bother me and looks fine in game as he mentioned but I think juri's in good hands  :)
#142  August 28, 2014, 05:31:44 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Personaly I don't like messing with sprites via mugen code.  IMO, resizing sprites in mugen almost allways makes them look spoiled. But I can understand why Felo and CVSnb don't want to fix it :) I hate when I have to go back on my work because of some minor issue :)
#143  August 28, 2014, 06:44:32 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Oh, if only it was a minor issue.

At least it's still fixable without much of a trouble, as they are like done with only 40 sprites or so.

Shit
#144  September 19, 2014, 12:17:56 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
The problem with the resizing is not her body. It remains in her legs, mosty because it's the most detailed part(folds, strims, lines, shading, etc). I know some people could feel pissed of this...it's not about being lazy, is the lack of time I currently have, so, I prefer using my free time advancing with her instead re-doing old sprites. DKDC shown an image of a rescaled Jin and it looks VERY well. In any case, resize of Juri for looking as she should(...), it would be like multiplying her *0,90...hardly noticeable. I don't want to give a bad excuse,but this is a hobby. I put an image of CvS1 Chun Li and a CvS2's one and no one complaint about the growing Chunners in that official game :/.

Anyway, if someone wants to help me fixing that(making the pants a bit tighter, EXCEPT her stand!), is welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not speaking a lot, I've been focused in the spriting(this comission and the other one) and attending some life things.

Finished Juri's LP and neutral jump. I've started Forward Dash yesterday night, and I expect finishing it Monday-Tuesday as much.

Have a nice day!!

PS: If someone wants to help me resizing it, just send me a PM.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#145  September 19, 2014, 02:16:12 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The problem with the resizing is not her body. It remains in her legs, mosty because it's the most detailed part(folds, strims, lines, shading, etc). I know some people could feel pissed of this...it's not about being lazy, is the lack of time I currently have, so, I prefer using my free time advancing with her instead re-doing old sprites. DKDC shown an image of a rescaled Jin and it looks VERY well. In any case, resize of Juri for looking as she should(...), it would be like multiplying her *0,90...hardly noticeable. I don't want to give a bad excuse,but this is a hobby. I put an image of CvS1 Chun Li and a CvS2's one and no one complaint about the growing Chunners in that official game :/.

Anyway, if someone wants to help me fixing that(making the pants a bit tighter, EXCEPT her stand!), is welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not speaking a lot, I've been focused in the spriting(this comission and the other one) and attending some life things.

Finished Juri's LP and neutral jump. I've started Forward Dash yesterday night, and I expect finishing it Monday-Tuesday as much.

Have a nice day!!

PS: If someone wants to help me resizing it, just send me a PM.

Just sent you a PM. They are like 40 sprites right? Should be done in no time man :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#146  September 27, 2014, 05:41:53 pm
Well, people...
After reading AGAIN the whole thing, I spoke with the comissioner about this size thing. You all know I don't like to lose the time re-doing something that previously was done(specially because that time could be used for advancing in her and etc), and the problem in Juri's height lies in her legs. I simple can't shorten them3-4 pixels, because the trousers would look TOO wide, so I'd have to REDO the whole thing in that area.

SO, your solution is: keep using Chuchoryu's Juri. Just don't complain if it looks like a banana(as I read somewhere else here in the Guild). I've moved to the second comission already and spoke with someone about a third, so, maybe in a future I'll take Juri again.

Thanks.

Have a nice day.
#147  September 27, 2014, 06:02:03 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well, people...
After reading AGAIN the whole thing, I spoke with the comissioner about this size thing. You all know I don't like to lose the time re-doing something that previously was done(specially because that time could be used for advancing in her and etc), and the problem in Juri's height lies in her legs. I simple can't shorten them3-4 pixels, because the trousers would look TOO wide, so I'd have to REDO the whole thing in that area.

SO, your solution is: keep using Chuchoryu's Juri. Just don't complain if it looks like a banana(as I read somewhere else here in the Guild). I've moved to the second comission already and spoke with someone about a third, so, maybe in a future I'll take Juri again.

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

*sigh* I had high hopes for Juri. Why did those people drive you away from this?? Anyways, good luck with your new project (are you gonna do Rufus for A$AP Buckus, btw?)
This is a generic forum signature.
#148  September 27, 2014, 06:05:44 pm
Anyways, good luck with your new project (are you gonna do Rufus for A$AP Buckus, btw?)

Not Rufus. But he's supposed to bbe BIG, BUFFY and look like a BODYBUILDER. I hope people don't complain about him in the future ¬¬. Buckus seems happy with his look, so that's everything I have to know.
#149  September 27, 2014, 06:10:04 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I'm that banana man, Felo! :D
It's an honor to be quoted by you. :D :D
Good luck with your next project! ;)
#150  September 27, 2014, 06:55:58 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
...Really? Instead of redoing sprites on a commissioned project WITH a partner 2 months in you decide to scrap the entire project?

Either way, best of luck on your second project. I'm going to step out before the calvary arrives.
#151  September 27, 2014, 07:01:54 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
If the commissioner doesn't have a problem with it, no one else should have a problem with it.

Ignore that bugle call, cavalry.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#152  September 27, 2014, 07:23:56 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Well to be honest might continue with juri and do it however we do it and juri wasn't q commission btw it was gonna be something we wanna contribute to the community, cho ryu gave me permission to re edit his juri so I might end up revamping her.. But also it best to not expect us to be professional.. Cause we are not.. But IMA put juri on hold when I finish kairi cause I also wanna do a new commission until I finish kairi first... Asuka and kazuya  is something I wanna contribute to the community cause I can see them being in mugen that can be playable sense byakko willing to do em both.. I might do a tekken project after kairi
#153  September 27, 2014, 07:29:01 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Why not just scale Juri with the xscale/yscale codes?

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#154  September 27, 2014, 08:32:42 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I already made it clear that if you didn't want to edit the few animations you had, I could do that myself, because it barely took me any time with that walking animation. Trousers being too wide? Then I would just have to edit the trousers. It's an easy solution and somehow you just don't want to edit it, jfc.

Shit
#155  September 27, 2014, 09:34:54 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Felo, all it would have taken to fix the issue is scaling her down, and cleaning those frames. Shortening her legs would have created a new problem. Her torso would have been too big. Maybe its just me, but I dont see why people telling you the sprites were too large could make you give up on the project. 40 sprites aren't that many, smaller sprites are quicker to make. If any thing this fix would save you time.

If you really didn't want to change her that's actually fine. Also CVSMB if you're going to bother to sprite a character on commission you shold aim for it to look professional. That's the point of taking the commission.
Spriting is hard.
#156  September 27, 2014, 10:12:29 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
It was me that opted out of Juri. I wanted to change to something else. Sawwy  :(

I didn't have a problem with the size at all. It's just that the person I switched to was the one I wanted done in the first place. Juri was a rebound commission. If CVSNB is still willing to do the outlines, I know someone would be interested in completing the shading.
#157  September 27, 2014, 11:24:47 pm
Err...I didn't say I was going to kick Juri's wip. I said(or wanted to say) that I'll delay her, giving priority to the other two comissions.

But:
It's just that the person I switched to was the one I wanted done in the first place.

If Buckus has someone to do her, I'm out. In any case, Buckus, you have all the sprites I sent you, if this person finds them useful, then so be it. I did 2 more things to add to the bunch.

#158  September 28, 2014, 01:26:40 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Fair enough. you guys have priorties.
Spriting is hard.
New #159  September 28, 2014, 09:31:14 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Just to make it clear, I didn't give the Juri commission to anyone else, I swapped her with the person Felo's gonna do now. Juri will come at a later date.
Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:34:42 pm by A$AP Buckus