YesNoOk

is it posible to implement 3D? (Read 14140 times)

Started by Isabel Strider, May 01, 2009, 05:30:09 am
is it posible to implement 3D?
#1  May 01, 2009, 05:30:09 am
  • SAMURAI/BIRD DOKTOR
    • Mexico
    • iafighter5.blogspot.com
Maybe it's out of topic, but i was talking to my brother and a Friend (both of them programers), about the XNAMUGEN, and I being so naive in the programming area just throw a question on posibilities:

is it posible to modify the code further than change a few things like some behaviors of the game modes, so to say, make the game load 3d characters, arenas, but keeping the MUGEN engine system (you know, more or less the same sintax for hitdef, accelerations, variables, helpers, afterimages, projectiles). in a few words, just change the "graphic" side of the Game for using Meshes instead of sprites?

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni Fe... pero la Luz de tus Ojos Divinos cambió mi suerte por Dicha y placer.... ¡AY DOLOR YA ME VOLVISTE A DAR!
Re: is it posible to implement 3D?
#2  May 01, 2009, 06:12:52 am
  • DAT SAX
Being open source, you could probably do this, but you'd have to change all of the drawing system workings, not to mention CLSNs and stuff. Wouldn't be worth the effort IMO.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#3  May 01, 2009, 03:41:42 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
You only have two layers to worry about, so I don't think it would be too bad to write your own routines for the 3D backgrounds without caring too much about how the general player layer is accomplished.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#4  May 01, 2009, 07:10:53 pm
  • SAMURAI/BIRD DOKTOR
    • Mexico
    • iafighter5.blogspot.com
excellent, so it's posibble in some way... better start talking to the friends.

I think the effort would be worth it, can give a new possibility for visual development. Yes, there are 3d characters made in mugen (like those awesome street fighter ex characters for mugen HI-RES) but this way some more options would be awesome, like ALT costume, all in the mood for 3d modeling of course.
Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni Fe... pero la Luz de tus Ojos Divinos cambió mi suerte por Dicha y placer.... ¡AY DOLOR YA ME VOLVISTE A DAR!