YesNoOk

Any way to fix/enable/hack/do match logging in MUGEN 1.1b? (Read 4461 times)

Started by TheArcadeStriker, March 29, 2018, 12:21:27 am
Share this topic:
Any way to fix/enable/hack/do match logging in MUGEN 1.1b?
#1  March 29, 2018, 12:21:27 am
  • Now with extra crispiness
    • Venezuela
Hello everyone! You may have seen me before around with my frontend project, which is powered by MUGEN 1.0. Now, the reason why I use 1.0 over the feature-filled, faster-optimized and zoom-enabled 1.1 is pretty simple: For some reason the logging function from 1.0 broke in 1.1 which means that you can't use the log command to get the match results from the game (which is essential for the frontend). Now, I have seen this post:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/help-get-winner-file-name-log-1-1b-178989.0.html
But despite apparently how yaminogun seemingly got to log battle results, he didn't really explain or say how did he do it (What I understood is that you would either modify a existing LUA file or make it load a new one that should log the variables; but doing so wasn't explained), and I have thought about if match logging in 1.1b would be possible through any of these ideas:

A. Hack and reenable/fix match logging
There has been some hacks of MUGEN through time, like WinMUGEN Plus. In the case of 1.1, there has been the 3v3/4v4 simul patches and the WolfEcho hack, which means that it sounds plausible the possibility of being able to hack the exe to make the game log results like before.

B. Code it into MUGEN
Basically create a lifebar, patch or something that can be opened by MUGEN itself that has custom coding to log and export the match results. However, I don't know how exactly how implementing that in a lifebar would work or if it even could (the reason why I thought in it was because of add004basic), and patching each character would be not the ideal solution as it could be cumbersome to patch every character (though if I would have to take that option I guess I could take it) and even then there could be possible incompatibilities with patching certain characters.

C. Using LUA to log the variables
It could be possible to create a external LUA script that gets the values from each match and then logs it in a text file; and said LUA script would be loaded by MUGEN by either modifying a existing LUA or just placing it in the data folder. Or maybe modifying a existing avaliable LUA script to either make it reenable logging or implement logging again separately. Probably this is what yaminogun meant; just that his English made it less clear (he wasn't english) and he didn't give further explanations for that.

D. Getting the variables externally
Now, I don't know about LUA hacking or creating something like a variable logger for LUA; but maybe a external program could read and log the values by scanning the process. However, considering the above option, I feel this one would be redundant should it even be tried.

I will appreciate any replies or help given here. Thanks!
Re: Any way to fix/enable/hack/do match logging in MUGEN 1.1b?
#2  April 02, 2018, 03:52:10 am
    • USA
I looked at this a bit.  I don't have a solution, but some thoughts...

If someone knows enough LUA, it has to be possible.  There is already a function implemented that adds a line to the log (helpfully called mugen.log).  I just don't know where or how exactly you'd use it to add what you're looking for.

Hacking the exe is a possibility, but would be difficult.  When I did 3v3 and 4v4 versions of 1.1a4 and 1.1b1, I was just comparing 1.0, modified 1.0, and 1.1.  If you know what to look for, it has to be possible.  LUA isn't handling all of the logging.
#3  April 02, 2018, 02:08:08 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
#4  April 02, 2018, 03:57:44 pm
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
mugen.spriteclub.tv owner succesfully did that but i haven't ask him cuz im busy n lost interest. once you got the answer will you share the trick to me?
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art