YesNoOk

Active Tag system (Read 102393 times)

Started by PotS, December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
Share this topic:
Active Tag system
#1  December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
So a couple of weeks ago I made some test changes to Ikemen GO's tag code to allow active switching (like MvC Infinite). I thought the prototype was really fun, so after more coding and playtesting I bring you the full version.

The basic idea is that you can now tag at any time instead of when you have control of the characters. The readme is already fairly detailed so this post will be short.

Here's a very simple demo:
https://streamable.com/y25ynv

DOWNLOAD
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 10:10:15 pm by Speedpreacher
Re: Active Tag system
#2  December 02, 2022, 04:23:35 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Dude that is cool when Ikemen GO implants stage and System fit I will be sure to download your full version of the tag code.
#3  December 03, 2022, 03:51:44 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Surprised this isn't geting more attention, this is a super cool toy. You're all missing out, guys!

Sure, there are other tag system alternatives out there, but this one immediately became my favorite because of how flexible and extremely easy to use it is.
#4  December 03, 2022, 09:58:05 am
    • Portugal
It's normal I think. Especially for an Ikemen release. We're all playing the long game here. ;P

Thanks for the plug. Flexible and easy is exactly what I was trying to do.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#5  December 03, 2022, 12:58:36 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
No way, this must be legendary of all time, great system.
#6  December 03, 2022, 08:56:46 pm
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
This is really awesome POTS! I am a big fan of MVCI Tag system over MVC2. I tried and tested it works great!
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
#7  December 04, 2022, 08:55:38 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. It's nice to hear that from Marvel players. It's going to be a bit different from MvCI because I had to think of every char from SF2 to GG, in addition to having teams of up to 4 characters, but the core gameplay should be there.

I made this funny combo yesterday that I might as well post here:
https://streamable.com/z7gpnx
#8  December 08, 2022, 09:34:39 pm
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
I made short video of this awesome tag code he made.
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
#9  December 11, 2022, 10:03:29 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. I was hoping someone posted a longer video because I didn't want to revive my YouTube account to make one. ;P

I think you'll have a better experience if you make the lifebar portraits share the character PalFX, because I made them darken when the character is unavailable for tagging. It's the new "pX.face.palfxshare" parameter.

I updated the code today just a little bit:
<11.12.2022>
- Improved compatibility for characters that have helpers following them around, such as Nakoruru
- A character who is knocked back onto the ground while tagging out will stand up immediately
Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 10:07:25 am by PotS
#10  December 14, 2022, 11:36:20 pm
    • Mexico
I was testing the tag system and it had some errors, nothing serious for first release, after updating, there some of my characters come and go like crazy. Why is that?
#11  December 15, 2022, 07:41:40 pm
    • Portugal
Can you be more specific? I've seen one person have that problem and it turned out that his characters had Mugen tag patches applied to them that created conflicts with the code.
#12  December 15, 2022, 08:41:23 pm
    • Mexico
I do not see traces of mugen tag code in the chars, it is only the case of some, even of the same author and style may or may not have that problem. I can't switch between them as they enter and exit the screen all the time.
#13  December 15, 2022, 10:09:52 pm
    • Portugal
Could you list a couple of those characters so I can try them later?
#14  December 16, 2022, 10:57:45 pm
    • Bulgaria
    • mugen-hiresedits.blogspot.com
Balrog by Trololo for exаmple.
#15  December 17, 2022, 09:22:29 am
    • Portugal
That one works perfectly here. Downloaded from here.

Really there's no reason in theory that a conventional character (not giant boss, etc) won't work. Especially if made from mine. It ought to be something that was added to the character or Ikemen itself and is creating a conflict.
#16  December 20, 2022, 05:43:49 pm
    • Portugal
A small but relevant update today, because I was able to figure out why some characters run in and out thanks to your reports. Let me know if it still happens after redownloading.
#17  December 20, 2022, 10:46:56 pm
    • Bulgaria
    • mugen-hiresedits.blogspot.com
The best tag system. Thanks for the update, it's working with no problems.
#18  December 30, 2022, 06:52:11 am
    • Mexico
Short late, testing and everything perfect. Happy holidays guys.
#19  December 30, 2022, 06:55:47 am
    • Mexico
Reading the *.txt I didn't think I would be there in the acknowledgments. An honor je.
#20  January 07, 2023, 05:52:58 am
This tag patch is amazing and so easy to install. It feels so smooth to play. I also appreciate the expanded compatibility. There were quite a few characters that would break IKEMEN's default tag, but are working no problem here. I did notice one small issue with a few characters.

When playing with any of GM's SF3 characters, they don't deal any damage when they land hits in Tag Mode. I think this is definitely an issue with the characters themselves and not the patch, but do you have any idea of why this would happen?