YesNoOk

ClayFighter comes to MUGEN!! (T-Hoppy, Klaymen and HoboCop for 2024!!) (Read 2830341 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, April 16, 2010, 04:25:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Good HoboCop riddance, now back on Ice)
#181  April 02, 2019, 04:08:12 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Well, I hope you liked my AF char for this year, also involved with ClayFighter series (nobody expected it, you know??). In some point yesterday, I was thinking in make a quick update to him and add a Claytality (something like Jim's Cow From Sky but with a trash can instead of a cow), but I decided not to do it... maybe I add it later, who knows XD

OK, now going back to work on Ice, I'll be making his Insane Combos and finally trying to fix the bug on one of his 2 Claytalities, wish me luck with it :jackie:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Ice released, seeing the next one + poll!!)
#182  April 06, 2019, 05:59:32 am
    • Chile
Ice finally has been released, go for him now!!
Well, now starting to work on sprites for Boogerman and Frosty, but also I've some ideas to make next (of after the snowman and the booger eater):
  • I found Jeffry's High Five character which only have the sprites and nothing else based on Sculptor's Cut, maybe I can take the SFF and convert it into a real High Five char for MUGEN, not a bad idea :thinking:
  • Same for Lord Sinistro's Helga, instead of edit the character (which is already good), I can take the SFF and AIR and convert her into 63 1/3 style
  • Maybe look up for more CF1-2 chars to be converted as Tiny and Octohead and start them from scratch
  • What about a "Kung Fu Man 63 1/3" in a future?? :P I always want to remake him in some way, maybe this could be my chance, I don't know XD
  • And about edit a character, maybe take Some Guy's Kung Pow and add him the combo system and claytalities... for here or to go? XD
Well, these are only ideas I would like to make in a (close or far) future, and maybe make enough to make my own fullgame, who knows :P

Meanwhile, I leave you a poll where you can vote without time limit, let me read you about that ;)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Ice released, seeing the next one + poll!!)
#183  April 11, 2019, 11:31:58 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
those sound like good ideas to me.
#184  April 11, 2019, 07:46:24 pm
  • Why,
Douple post?

Ice finally has been released, go for him now!!
Well, now starting to work on sprites for Boogerman and Frosty, but also I've some ideas to make next (of after the snowman and the booger eater):
  • I found Jeffry's High Five character which only have the sprites and nothing else based on Sculptor's Cut, maybe I can take the SFF and convert it into a real High Five char for MUGEN, not a bad idea :thinking:
  • Same for Lord Sinistro's Helga, instead of edit the character (which is already good), I can take the SFF and AIR and convert her into 63 1/3 style
  • Maybe look up for more CF1-2 chars to be converted as Tiny and Octohead and start them from scratch
  • What about a "Kung Fu Man 63 1/3" in a future?? :P I always want to remake him in some way, maybe this could be my chance, I don't know XD
  • And about edit a character, maybe take Some Guy's Kung Pow and add him the combo system and claytalities... for here or to go? XD
Well, these are only ideas I would like to make in a (close or far) future, and maybe make enough to make my own fullgame, who knows :P

Meanwhile, I leave you a poll where you can vote without time limit, let me read you about that ;)

Anyway... Are youre ready any...  Animals?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#185  April 12, 2019, 06:53:57 am
    • Chile

#186  April 12, 2019, 10:38:01 am
  • Why,
Sorry. It seems that you Mugen persons not one animal?
#187  April 12, 2019, 11:59:32 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
those sound like good ideas to me.
Yeah, right?? :D If I could make one of these as my next project, maybe KFM would be the first one to be finished :P

That would be interesting to see a Clayfighter style KFM.

High Five should be interesting, though I would imagine you'd have to come up with Claytalities for him since he had none (he was one of the incomplete characters in the game).

I did see some other Clayfighters floating around the net including Bonker, Nanaman, Kangoo, Goo Goo, Dr.Kiln, Houngan, and Sumo Santa. though the sprites aren't too good on Santa, Houngan, and Kiln. Tiny and Octohead would be cool to see in 63 1/3 style
#188  April 13, 2019, 02:24:04 am
    • Chile
Sorry. It seems that you Mugen persons not one animal?
Sorry, I still don't understand you. Did you mean if I made or should I make animal characters for MUGEN?? If that's so, the closest I've made has been the TMNT (in 8-bit) and Ranma 1/2's Genma Saotome in his panda form, not sure if these count anyway :P (or CF's Lockjaw Pooch, if I decide to do it)

High Five should be interesting, though I would imagine you'd have to come up with Claytalities for him since he had none (he was one of the incomplete characters in the game).
i think probably I should make all the moves not present in Sculptor's Cut from scratch as Blue Suede Goo and Ice, especially because apart of having few moves and no claytalities, in Sculptor's Cut was ditched the combo system seen in 63 1/3, so I've to invent them as the others chars I made (and I want to make) that didn't appear in 63 1/3, which isn't a bad idea :P and as claytalities I've thinking in High Five squishing the enemy by "hit the ground with his fist", as well squeezing the enemy as he/she was a ball of clay :P

Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:14:50 pm by Peter B. Parker
#189  April 13, 2019, 02:56:28 am
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
Do it!  :yuno:
#190  April 15, 2019, 07:13:49 pm
    • Chile
Yeah, those 2 probably are "doable" after all (High Five and KFM 63 1/3), not a bad idea to make after all :P
Another thing I was thinking is about experiment more with Jim to make the other common claytalities from the game (cutted in half and squeeze), which they're the only 2 left on the worm and also appear in other characters from the game (as well remake all the ugly sprites once for all for Jim). I hope to get you more news during these weeks about these stuff (as well about Boogerman and Frosty, of course)

Also... OH WOW ALL THOSE VOTES!! :o I think you really want to see complete my HoboCop, eh?? XD

#191  April 16, 2019, 05:48:17 pm
Hey, this is a very interesting project! I've never had the chance to get into ClayFighter before.
I was wondering though, about the 3 bars on the screen. What is the function of them, and how does that translate into a screenpack that only gives me 2 bars? Thanks!
#192  April 16, 2019, 10:23:27 pm
    • Chile
The third bar is a stun bar, just like in Street Fighter III, when the bar is full (or empty, I don't remember now), the character goes dizzy and open to attacks. I know that can be recreated in MUGEN, but that should be as a helper in every character instead of being part of a lifebars (except when it's a closed fullgame)

Well, making this "project" i know now why ClayFighter was so underdog in MUGEN: almost all adaptations are bad (or straightly shit) with some few exceptions (like various of Shadowtak and Lord Sinistro chars), and recently the 63 1/3 chars made by Some Guy, DrKelexo and me. I think it's time to fix that since now ;)

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Starting to work on Frosty, call me daddy!)
#193  May 02, 2019, 06:29:42 pm
    • Chile
Guys, I think I did it...

First advance of my Bad Mr. Frosty!!
I was about to post just a sprite of the stance, but since the method resulted better (and quicker) than I expected, I made the whole stance sprites and anim. I'm pretty sure the sprite no.1 is from the turn, but it look so fluid as that, so I don't have complains about it.
BTW, the sprites are in 256 colors in 8-bit, so they're usable for MUGEN (I already started the SFF but i didn't get you a in-game shot now), maybe I update this with a screenshot later ;)

GET UP LITTLE BUDDY!!

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Starting to work on Frosty, call me daddy!)
#194  May 03, 2019, 04:30:03 am
    • Chile
Double post because this worth it!! :D

This is how Frosty looks in MUGEN, compared to Jim. Seems even better than him IMO :P Starting to make the basics and some of the poses, I hope to get something basic of him at the end of this month, I hope so.

Aaaaand... to make a better comparision:

B-kun's Frosty vs. Xandegraf's Frosty
Words are not needed here

#195  May 06, 2019, 05:02:58 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
yup, your frosty is miles better than xandegraf's version.
#196  May 06, 2019, 12:32:15 pm
  • Why,
Forsty vs Jim in... China... (Some mugen versions at SF that is Chun li´s stage... Great wall.)
Your F and that one other F ( drawing at Paint? It looks so. Anyway... i suggest NOT use paint... It was just... well you know... ) 
#197  May 06, 2019, 07:40:11 pm
    • Chile
yup, your frosty is miles better than xandegraf's version.
Yeah, totally. I hope to make the same in gameplay (apart of the sprites, his Frosty plays like shit).
And about Frosty, I'm focusing only on converting sprites to the size, I just made some for the SFF like the stand and one pose (which doubles as winpose and taunt). Also, I tried to make palettes and it worked!! I made the 2P one (green hat) and the portrait one (purple hat), I'll keep experimenting with palettes on him...

And about experiments...

:yuno:

#198  May 08, 2019, 10:29:47 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
oh damn! High five looks good for a preview
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Featuring Frosty & High Five... PEACE MAN!)
#199  May 10, 2019, 03:52:58 am
    • Chile
Thanks... but there's more!!

I tried to manage that SFF and I could make the next: stance, walk (forward and back), run, jump, some poses (the taunt and one winpose) and hitstates (5000s to 5020s), there's a lot to do, but at least the former Dr. Kiln's hand can move. I also made some of his moves in AIR but I didn't code them yet (Hand Spin and Peace Out!), I prefer to focus in his basics first. And I managed how to make his palettes, which became even more monstruous than High Five himself :gouki: now I've to see how to play with High Five in my PC (it's close to die, I can't use N64 emulator anymore) since I based all my research in YT videos, let's see if I can fix that...

Well, it's official: I'll be making High Five in parallel to Frosty, so I'll add him to my WIP list in my website during this weekend ;)
Aaaand... there's another parallel project, but you'll see in my Normal WIP thread soon...

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Featuring Frosty & High Five... PEACE MAN!)
#200  May 10, 2019, 08:18:58 pm
    • Argentina
High Five looks neat! I love your Clay Fighter chars!