YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 747789 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1641  September 05, 2019, 06:56:55 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Too bad we didn't get an Andy Bogard Echo Fighter but screw it, I'm cool with Terry he was one of the many characters I thought could never make it to Smash Bros Just like Ryu and Ken, but yet here they are. :D Also, anyone hoping they add some Capcom vs SNK music with Terry? Last thing I wanted to say was did anyone love the Goemon Mii costume? I thought that was great. :D

PS. I hope Terry get this as an Alt.
Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 07:03:45 am by Kanbei
#1642  September 05, 2019, 09:13:55 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

OK! We got Buff Terry! WOOOO

It still amazes me how well Nintendo models guest characters. And in some cases they look a lot better when compared to their recent games *stares at SFV and KoF XIV*
Lasagna
#1643  September 05, 2019, 10:16:12 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#1644  September 05, 2019, 10:39:20 am
  • Was it something I said?
It's a beautiful day outside.

Terry is coming, Banjo-Kazooie are brawlin'

On days like these, kids like you.....

Should be playing some Smash.

(In all honesty, the trailer was amazing, Geese had me laughing at work for 30 minutes. XD)
#1645  September 05, 2019, 12:33:28 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#1646  September 05, 2019, 01:53:43 pm
    • Brazil
Too bad we didn't get an Andy Bogard Echo Fighter but screw it, I'm cool with Terry he was one of the many characters I thought could never make it to Smash Bros Just like Ryu and Ken, but yet here they are. :D Also, anyone hoping they add some Capcom vs SNK music with Terry? Last thing I wanted to say was did anyone love the Goemon Mii costume? I thought that was great. :D

Echo fighters need to have a similar moveset. I think the only one who has a chance to be an echo of Terry is Rock Howard, but I'm not sure they'd add him.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/TerryGarou.png

The real questions is whether Terry gets this as an alt.
Most likely not, but they've surprised us before.

lui

#1647  September 05, 2019, 02:30:10 pm
    • USA
why would andy get an echo when no other fighter is like him that much?

rock barely shares with terry outside of rising tackle and power dunk
#1648  September 05, 2019, 02:36:07 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
 :yuno: :lfor: :flipout:

Terry and SNK in Smash?! That's a very pleasant surprise! I am very pleased!

On another note, I have been asked, as the resident fighting games nerd, about the differences between Fatal Fury / KoF and Street Fighter, since to normies they are the same. What is a good list that I can reference?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1649  September 05, 2019, 03:15:34 pm
    • Brazil
One thing I find funny is that people went crazy because Sans is a Mii fighter that nobody cared about the other ones, like Zero.
#1650  September 05, 2019, 03:30:32 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1651  September 05, 2019, 03:43:00 pm
    • Brazil
#1652  September 05, 2019, 04:05:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1653  September 05, 2019, 04:14:53 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So, after having used Banjo for about an hour last night, I think he's pretty well balanced. None of this moves seem to be THAT ridiculous (although his Wonder Wing (Side B) can be rough to deal with, at least it has its weaknesses), the most annoying probably being his FTilt and DTilt due to their ranges. But yeah, definitely a lot more balanced overall compared to Hero.
#1654  September 05, 2019, 06:07:00 pm
    • USA
One thing I find funny is that people went crazy because Sans is a Mii fighter that nobody cared about the other ones, like Zero.

I thought the Goemon and Team Rocket ones where nice, Zero is pretty good too.
#1655  September 05, 2019, 06:31:23 pm
#1656  September 05, 2019, 06:52:46 pm
    • Argentina
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1657  September 06, 2019, 01:02:39 am

Heh, why not? lol
Sprite from the early prototype of Pokemon Red/Green.
#1658  September 06, 2019, 07:27:19 pm
    • Argentina
I think it will be one of the few occasions when they get excited about one of the Mii costumes xD
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1659  September 07, 2019, 12:38:06 am
    • Brazil
So, my prediction list, because I just noticed I didn't suggest anyone until now:

• Joker (Persona) - Confirmed before list
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Picking him over Scorpion, because I think he can have a much more interesting moveset with his freeze and constructs, also, I may not know everything about Smash balancing, but I'm pretty sure that a character whose signature attack brings the target close to you would be a weird choice in a game where you're supposed to knock people out of the arena
  • Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls) - People seem to have forgotten about about this suggestion, but I still love it. Yeah, I gave up on Dark Souls after losing patience in the middle of Dark Souls 2, but I still love the game and its premise, and it became a classic at this point, it would be a waste to not have a representant in Smash, and Solaire is iconic enough
  • Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) - It surprised me how this guy didn't make it to the Wii version itself, so I'm still surprised he is not in yet. Eggman is a classic videogame villain on the level of Bowser, yet we have yet to see him in the game. Yeah, he has a spirit in the game, but don't all playable characters have one? Its true he has less chances, but they can always surprise us again.
  • A generation VIII Pokémon (Pokémon) - Seems like a quite obvious choice, for me. They'll need to hype the next generation of Pokémon in the next year, and what a better thing to do than release one of them as a DLC for an already succesful fighting game crossover?

Other characters that I could see entering include (not in any particular order, also I'm aware some of those have spirits, but, again, we don't really know if spirits deconfirm characters, yet):
  • Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  • Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
  • Rash (Battletoads)
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  • Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
  • A rabbid (Rayman)
  • Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
  • Shantae (Shantae)
  • Partner Eevee (Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee!)
Wow, checking this old list of mine, I got only ONE right, Banjo, and he was one of those I believed had less chances to appear. Not complaining, though. I considered updating this list, but I can't think of many possible additions to it right now...
#1660  September 07, 2019, 12:52:26 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Many of the choices listed are just impossible due to them appearing as spirits. Rash and Crash I can actually see as candidates for 2020 DLC. I do hope we get a Gen 8 Pokemon as a fighter in Smash.

I know my childhood favorite Pokemon, Feraligatr, may never see the light of day in Smash, but I have hopes one of my favorite Capcom characters make it in: June Lin Millam from Star Gladiator. Heck, I'd even take Hayato if June doesn't make the cut.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!