YesNoOk

Four New Hi-Res Stages by Los Tha Don, plus a new one (Read 26487 times)

Started by volzzilla, December 22, 2009, 04:22:37 pm
Share this topic:
Four New Hi-Res Stages by Los Tha Don, plus a new one
#1  December 22, 2009, 04:22:37 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/

volzzilla said:
Quoting Los Tha Don...

LTD's Fortress of Solitude

To start off my stage releases, here's a 'lil update for
"LTD's Fortress of Solitude". I slowed down the Jor-El animation so
he "floating" moreso. I also addd a crystal glimmer effect to the top
of the screen, a nice touch I think. Hope you like the update.

Download here: http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=101

Spawn Encounter

Alrighty then, here's the Spawn stage I told many of you I was working
on, mainly because I feel that Evil Night Park doesn't have the right "Spawn"
feel to it in my opinion. Either way, this can be used as Spawn's stage or
an alternative. This stage is in regular/large view and has superjump enabled.

Download here: http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=109

Lexcorp Demolished

Next up, a project I worked up for the CRISIS project perhaps. Has a great feel to it and I felt that Lex needed a place to vent his rage, haha! Enjoy my rendition of this DC vs. MK stage!

Download here: http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=110

Tower of Lava

Here's a stage I was sitting on for a while and finally put my mind to it. I didn't want it too intricate as I feel the background is phenominal. The lava glow animation I added is all it needed to be a kick A stage!! Enjoy!

Download here: http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=111

Hellfire Forest

This stage was my biggest project, especially for this X-mas event. I had this background image in my archive for some time while digging for possible album cover ideas. I knew that it would make a sick stage but would require ALOT of animation... well, I layed it out and it came together nicely! The animated fire and cinders are custom made frame by frame by yours truly. I am especially proud of this one and I hope you all can appreciate it!

Download here: http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=112

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL and thanks for being a part of the CVG community and the MUGEN community in general! Many more stages from me to come!!! CHEERS!

- Los Tha Don

Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 04:19:34 am by volzzilla
Re: Four New Hi-Res Stages by Los Tha Don, plus one update
#2  December 22, 2009, 04:25:50 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
he must really like scaling characters
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#3  December 22, 2009, 05:18:31 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Lul, I was planning on making that crystal stage.
#4  December 22, 2009, 09:28:59 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:03:34 am by Orochi Gill
#5  December 23, 2009, 12:48:09 am
    • USA
    • https://dissidiamarlq.neocities.org/
No credit for HankVenture's Fog/Mist effect on Hellfire Forest?
#6  December 23, 2009, 12:57:12 am
    • www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page
he also used it in lexcorp

my site http://www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page NEW RELEASE
A shame. Thats how the MUGEN world is, sadly
#7  December 23, 2009, 01:00:24 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
For shame, first messy coding, and now thievery?
#8  December 23, 2009, 01:00:43 am
  • Imagination is Everyting....
    • flamekyo.mugen-infantry.net
Downloaded  and Tested

-Color Loss

-Scaled characters, again  --; not a good thing, never really is

-On this stage, the tree branches cover the lifebars, i dont think that's a good thing
... Pulse Lifebars Re-Make :twisted:  60%

AZ

#9  December 23, 2009, 01:01:58 am
He also used it in Tower of Lava
#10  December 23, 2009, 01:15:26 am
For shame, first messy coding, and now thievery?
I don't think he really knew- but the links will be removed if no permissions is given or a new effect put in place. Just gotta wait for some people to come online is all.
#11  December 23, 2009, 01:29:37 am
    • USA
    • https://dissidiamarlq.neocities.org/
I don't think he really knew- but the links will be removed if no permissions is given or a new effect put in place. Just gotta wait for some people to come online is all.
How can he NOT know where he got his coding from?
#12  December 23, 2009, 01:32:41 am
How can he NOT know where he got his coding from?
I thought you meant the FX sprites. Sometimes people think FX were ripped from a game, I mean I see people do the same thing with artwork, but since it's outside the mugen community it apparently is "okay"?
(So you know I'm not defending him, so don't get all pissed, the links original thread is down, now we just need Voz to log in and we can down the links too)
#13  December 23, 2009, 01:49:39 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I won't be talking about the thievery nor all the mentioned problems (scaling, huge colorloss), but generally speaking, if Mugen 1.0 authorized the scaling of characters without producing any FX bug, Los Tha Don's stages would have some awesome concepts. Not all of his stages have good ideas, but he has some nice choice of images at times, and cutting the images is usually well done, giving a good feeling of depth. :yes:

On the other hand, yeah ... thievery, bad coding (hadoukens not even going to the corners of the stages :gonk:), colorloss ... :no:
#14  December 23, 2009, 01:52:13 am
Yeah I agree to all that, but the Spawn stage is pretty good IMO. And i kinda like the concept on the forest fire one too. His problem is mostly with background images it seems...
#15  December 23, 2009, 02:00:40 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
It's not. ALL of his stages have the projectile issue.
#16  December 23, 2009, 03:48:49 am
Well I've tried handling this situation over at CVG it's self but I keep getting met with warnings and dumped topics. CVG evidently doesn't like to having attention being brought to issues that could harm their releases. Anyway, as many before me have pointed out, four of these stages contain some of my work. All taken without permission and all without some form of credit. However, even if credit were applied it should be noted that the effects I make are absolutely closed source. They are not to be used by anyone for any particular reason. The main main reason being that I actually make my effects and that time and effort is actually put into them. I don't make a image of white clouds, apply an alpha, then throw in a tile with some velocities. I don't use particle illusion (unless it's something I can't do on my own... namely fire). I also certainly don't take my effects from anyone else and repackage them. So instead of going the route I did earlier at CVG and politely explaining that I actually take a great deal of care when it comes to making my own effects I'll just say this. All of you stage makers out there: Learn how to make effects of your own, put effort into your stages, and for the love of God don't be like one of these idiots who take the easy way out and just try and steal their way through a release. The only way you're going to get better is by doing.
#17  December 23, 2009, 04:27:09 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
At least, they could try to make something of quality. I mean, policing the internets is impossible, but if you're gonna get ripped off, at least let it be to get a better product, right?
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#18  December 23, 2009, 06:17:42 am
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
for the record, LTD is 3-4 months in mugen period, and less than half of that doing creation. he was unaware of what is and is not open source as he, like many of us at one time, is still trying to sort out everything mugen wise. and keeping track of all that is even more difficult with stages.

in short, these stages go back into the incubator until he can adjust things without the effects in question that were inadvertently used.
#19  December 23, 2009, 06:32:10 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Good job at taking feedback.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#20  December 23, 2009, 10:15:36 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
for the record, LTD is 3-4 months in mugen period, and less than half of that doing creation. he was unaware of what is and is not open source as he, like many of us at one time, is still trying to sort out everything mugen wise. and keeping track of all that is even more difficult with stages.

in short, these stages go back into the incubator until he can adjust things without the effects in question that were inadvertently used.

i've got a stage i've been working on 4 months ago that is still waiting on my hard drive to be released because i'm still waiting for a creator's permissiojn to use one sprite...it's called patience, and the least you can do when you do something mugen wise (since everything is free!) is to look for the proper infos for the sprites/codes you want/are going to use (open source/permission needed/where to reach someone to ask...)

good to see you guys at CVG united are understanding!