YesNoOk

Login Issues on Google Chrome (Read 8973 times)

Started by Sean Altly, August 25, 2020, 11:29:17 pm
Share this topic:
Login Issues on Google Chrome
#1  August 25, 2020, 11:29:17 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Hey guys, so recently I decided to change my password on here because Chrome notified me that the password I was using was found in a data breach, which seemed legit because a while back I had to change it on a lot of sites because I started getting those spam emails that try to scare you by showing you a password that you'd used at some point.

Anyway, after changing the password, it logged me out and I got stuck in an infuriating loop of trying to login, with both the old password and the new one, and it was repeatedly telling me either the password was incorrect, my session had timed out, or I needed to change my cookie settings. I cleared all of my cookies, and even updated Chrome, and the same issues persisted. I tried to use the forgot password function, but every time I entered my email to receive the link, it would tell me my session had timed out and I would never get the email.

I also tried registering a new account so I could come on here and ask for help, but it wouldn't work. A friend of mine registered a new account using his phone and it worked fine, then when we tried to login to that account on my PC and phone, it kept telling me his password was wrong or that the session had timed out.

Finally I attempted to login using a different browser, and it worked fine and was using the new password. So clearly this is an issue with Chrome. Not sure if it's a known issue, if it is I apologize, but it was very frustrating. For now I have to use a different browser to access the site though, which is going to be super annoying on my phone. Has anyone ran into this issue and is there a way to fix it?

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Login Issues on Google Chrome
#2  August 27, 2020, 03:02:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I have heard of people getting timeouts on chrome, but never wrong passwords.  If you ever need fast help please remember to drop by the discord as there are people available most hours of the day.
Re: Login Issues on Google Chrome
#3  September 22, 2020, 09:22:54 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Can comfirm this happened to me aswell. It links me to a forgotten details page and when I tried entering something, it gives a timeout message. I'm on Tor Browser now.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update