YesNoOk

DrPotem Sprites (Read 403686 times)

Started by DrPotem, October 26, 2009, 04:42:29 pm
Re: Potemkill Sprites
#201  May 25, 2022, 06:55:36 pm
Those cammy animations are so good!
I love how smooth her SFV anims look
Thanks, I tried to make them feel the most similar view to SFV as possible while still fitting in with the SFAlpha Style.

The last week I tried to make a sprite of my favourite drag queen from the second spanish edition Juriji and I like the result.

the reference:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#202  May 27, 2022, 12:20:26 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Everyone spoke about Juriji's mejillón jajajajaja. I'm sorry my dear, but I'm TeamVeneditta(who's also my neighbour :D ).
Also, lovely animations and that Luong deserves to be a base for a fullcvs sheet :P
I swear there was something cool here!!
#203  May 27, 2022, 09:15:39 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
sorry double-posting but I want to notify my spritesheet and post my Luong Sprite

Yes, This Luong would definitely look great as a real Sprite set / character.
#204  May 27, 2022, 09:55:18 am

Also, lovely animations and that Luong deserves to be a base for a fullcvs sheet :P
I'm currently working on the R.Mika spritesheet with the SFV costume and extra animations, but when I finish it I've thought about doing some Luong animations with this as a Base, if make the stand walk and jump animations I could consider doing something with her, but it all depends on the time that I have in the future because my job currently gives me a little free time but in the future it doesn't look like it will give me so much free time.

this animation is currently in process
#205  May 27, 2022, 12:08:39 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

I'm currently working on the R.Mika spritesheet with the SFV costume and extra animations, but when I finish it I've thought about doing some Luong animations with this as a Base, if make the stand walk and jump animations I could consider doing something with her, but it all depends on the time that I have in the future because my job currently gives me a little free time but in the future it doesn't look like it will give me so much free time.

this animation is currently in process

Nice WIP anim! I'm glad R.Mika will have the chance to increase her moveset in 2D!

About Luong I understand you.
Pity that Chuchoryu never got interested in her, he would have cooked some good base to edit from.
Re: DrPotem Sprites
#206  June 01, 2022, 07:13:56 pm
I will update my spritesheet soon with new and fixed animations etc, here is the V-trigger pose with alpha costume and style
Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 08:33:29 pm by DrPotem
#207  June 01, 2022, 08:00:06 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Wow! This is truely awesome!
I'm curious about your steps of spriting. Any chance you show some steps?
Screencap, outline etc for one sprite as an exemple ?
#208  June 01, 2022, 09:07:02 pm
Wow! This is truely awesome!
I'm curious about your steps of spriting. Any chance you show some steps?
Screencap, outline etc for one sprite as an exemple ?
last months I recorded clips with the movements I wanted to sprite, I took out all the frames of the clip of the movement, I selected the keyframes, I removed the ones that slowed down the animation making it not look like SFalpha. Then I redraw and adapt the frames to the size, redraw the line on another layer on photoshop, look for original frames that can serve as a reference, fill, redraw what is not the same size, adapt it, and then mount the animation in aseprite and see if it fits good or not.
But recently KarmaChameleon told me that he can take animations with few colors filter from existing animations from SFV and that makes my work a lot easier.

This is an example

This is the complete movement and the reference

I work with aseprite to see the animation
Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:24:10 pm by DrPotem
#209  June 01, 2022, 09:40:07 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain and show some exemple.
I'm very impressed, because the result is so legit. <3 <3 <3

There is no unnecessary detail or lack or detail.
The proportions are respected for SFA style. It makes me want to sprite more...
But I need some time for it.
#210  June 02, 2022, 01:01:08 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Everything I see here is ART.

Also, why using green outlines instead using layers in Photoshop? That would help you a lot ;) !
I swear there was something cool here!!
#211  June 02, 2022, 01:17:15 am
Everything I see here is ART.

Also, why using green outlines instead using layers in Photoshop? That would help you a lot ;) !
I use green outlines on different layers on photoshop, I just put them together to show them in the screenshot. I usually use green outlines to match the outlines when the sprite is part of previously existing anim or to continue the rest of the new animation I'm doing.
#212  June 20, 2022, 10:05:02 am
I have made my first attempt to create a Poison Sprite from the SFV with the classic design, if you want to modify it you can do it, I want to make her look like SFAlpha or CvS style and at the same time enougth workable as a possible quality spritesheet in the future.

I try to use the same colours of Poison original Sprites.
I have added the choker that she doesn't have in the nostalgia skin on SFV because it is more faithful to the original design and I like how it looks.
Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 11:28:21 am by DrPotem
#213  June 20, 2022, 10:33:10 am
    • Netherlands
Poison's looking great!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#214  June 20, 2022, 03:08:29 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
#215  June 20, 2022, 05:58:39 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I have made my first attempt to create a Poison Sprite from the SFV with the classic design, if you want to modify it you can do it, I want to make her look like SFAlpha or CvS style and at the same time enougth workable as a possible quality spritesheet in the future.

I have added the choker that she doesn't have in the nostalgia skin on SFV because it is more faithful to the original design and I like how it looks.

Incredible... It looks so great!
It makes me wish for some of her missing moves (SFIV-SFV) finally in 2D...

Really beautiful...
#216  June 22, 2022, 03:55:49 am
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com

Oh my god! Poison looks so hot and beautiful! Great work!
#217  June 22, 2022, 04:26:46 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
CPS2 Poison?!?! FANTASTIC!!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#218  August 15, 2022, 09:41:32 am
I plan to improve the whole spritesheet, making a better color separation, improve some sprites, I have put the SFV movements inside a black square because I think they can be done better, but if someone wants to use this spritesheet to make a rainbow mika in mugen because you like RMika's outfit from SFV feel free to use these sprites, although in a few months this spritesheet will have been improved (but don't forget to credit me in the readme for the sprites).

there may be some errors between some sprites and others because I started the spritesheet a few years ago and have paused and restarted it several times, but I think it may be functional.

I don't consider it a release so I prefer to put it here, when I add more SFV moves to it, do better the moves I already did, and apply a good color separation to it, when it's finished and I'm going to release it I'll organize it like I did with Cammy in my previous color separation with her moves separated into folders, so for now it stays as a usable spritesheet of RMika in the SFV costume.
#219  October 27, 2022, 01:16:16 pm
SFV Mid Punch updated (the movement of the hair could be smoother but I have decided that it fits in with the rest of the animations and does not clash. In any case, I do not rule out modifying it in the future.)

Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 10:51:05 pm by DrPotem
#220  October 27, 2022, 01:56:17 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
SFV Mid Punch updated (the movement of the hair could be smoother but I have decided that it fits in with the rest of the animations and does not clash. In any case, I do not rule out modifying it in the future.)

Buddy, everytime I see you name on the recent posts list, I know there will be great content to watch!

Glad to see some progress on R. Mika!
I wish one day a custom version would exist with a mix up of moves from SFA3 and SFV...

So, this R. Mika have different clothes design, with heart "cut" part.
Will you also convert all the classic anims sprites from SFA3?

I still regret these new edits are not compatible with any advanced CS spriteset released in the Mugen community.

But I know your work will be good!

Also, I certainly have asked before, but I would be cusrious to see some steps between the simplified 3D model rips and final sprite...
I always love t osee the process in spriters works I like. :)