YesNoOk

Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/08/2021) (Read 588699 times)

Started by tunglashor, September 20, 2010, 06:54:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor
#21  September 21, 2010, 02:29:13 am
  • Yuyu shooting star
 :o wow this is reealy good tool and I use it and work great with less time  :sugoi:
love justices shooting star
#22  September 21, 2010, 03:06:49 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
hmm somehow works but every time I replace a character, the program closes on me :-\

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#23  September 21, 2010, 03:24:22 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
hmm somehow works but every time I replace a character, the program closes on me :-\
Hmm - that's not good...  Can you try it with a different screenpack - say, the default one that comes with Mugen, if you still have it - and let me know if this still happens?  Or does it only happen with this particular screenpack?  Also:
1) Is it only when you click "Replace", or "Insert", or both?
2) Does it crash before you get to select a character to insert, or is it after you've selected the character's .def file and hit OK that it happens?

The more info I can get, the better chance I have of tracking down the problem.  Thanks for the feedback  :thumbsup:
#24  September 21, 2010, 03:32:55 am
  • behold my power
    • USA
Fucking awesome!

so many hdd crashes QQ
#25  September 21, 2010, 04:05:24 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
Hmm - that's not good...  Can you try it with a different screenpack - say, the default one that comes with Mugen, if you still have it - and let me know if this still happens?  Or does it only happen with this particular screenpack?  Also:
1) Is it only when you click "Replace", or "Insert", or both?
2) Does it crash before you get to select a character to insert, or is it after you've selected the character's .def file and hit OK that it happens?

The more info I can get, the better chance I have of tracking down the problem.  Thanks for the feedback  :thumbsup:

1) Both. :'(
2) After I select the character's .def file and press OK

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#26  September 21, 2010, 06:14:11 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
TUNGLASHOR you're releasing great tools left and right ;)

I know how to do this in fighter factory, but this just makes it so much easier :twisted:, thumbs up!
#27  September 21, 2010, 07:07:47 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
nice tool i try to use it and when my select screen came up and only the top of the image showed like this
and the chars are not where they suppose to be at

Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:00:03 pm by Nero91
#28  September 21, 2010, 08:35:27 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Thanks for the comments  :)

nice tool i try to use it and when my select screen came up and only the top of the image showed like this
Is that a hi-res screenpack?  If so you need to tell the program: select Options from the File menu and check the "hi-res WinMugen" box.

If it's not hi-res then something's going wrong - let me know where I can get the screenpack and I'll look into it.
#29  September 21, 2010, 09:14:31 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
It works now thanks and i havent released my screenpack yet
#30  September 22, 2010, 01:46:42 am
nice too i lost my select.def so im gonna use this to recover my chars :D
#31  September 30, 2010, 07:57:35 pm
I have an issue.

I cannot save all the hardword that I have done.

it says

Failed to save backup file; save cancelled

:'(

Nice program though, it you tell me how to fix this problem.
#32  September 30, 2010, 08:51:16 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Hmm!  Well, the program tries to make a backup of your select.def before changing it, to ensure you can always revert back to your original layout if you want to.  If it can't save the backup then it won't overwrite the original, just to be safe.

Why can't it create the backup?  I'm not sure.  I assume you have access rights for your Mugen data folder (or whatever folder contains your select.def file)?  What happens if you try to create some random text file in that folder - does Windows let you, or do you get an error message?

If you are able to do this, then here's a workaround:
1) make a copy of your select.def file, in the same folder as the original, and name it "select.def.vselect.bak"
2) try saving now; the program should detect the existing backup and so go ahead with the save.

Let me know if that helps  :)
#33  September 30, 2010, 09:49:07 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
it wont let me download this  :'(
#34  October 01, 2010, 01:42:02 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Very nice tool, with very nice ideas and implementation. Congrats.

Two ideas :
- Do you think it would be possible to expand the screen to display hidden characters ? Something like a black screen or something where you can see the characters which are off-screen and make sure they're set properly.
- Add an option when you exchange the place of 2 characters. Imagine you have chars in this order : "1 2 3 4 5". As it is now (and shown in the video), if I move 1 to the last place, all the other characters will move too, resulting in this : "2 3 4 5 1". I'd like an option so that all the other characters don't move, but the place between the character you move and the one you move it onto are just exchanged, resulting in "5 2 3 4 1". I hope I'm clear. :P
#35  October 01, 2010, 02:18:59 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
it wont let me download this  :'(
Hmm, sorry to hear that.  Does it work now?  If it's a persistent problem I'll add an alternate link.

Very nice tool, with very nice ideas and implementation. Congrats.
Thanks!

- Do you think it would be possible to expand the screen to display hidden characters ? Something like a black screen or something where you can see the characters which are off-screen and make sure they're set properly.
Ah!  Yes, I'd been thinking of trying something like this.  I'll have a play and see how easy it will be to implement.  I was thinking if I do this I ought to show some kind of onscreen marker indicating where the real screen boundaries are, but I'm not sure how that ought to look.  I guess just making the off-screen areas black would be fine, actually.

- Add an option when you exchange the place of 2 characters. Imagine you have chars in this order : "1 2 3 4 5". As it is now (and shown in the video), if I move 1 to the last place, all the other characters will move too, resulting in this : "2 3 4 5 1". I'd like an option so that all the other characters don't move, but the place between the character you move and the one you move it onto are just exchanged, resulting in "5 2 3 4 1". I hope I'm clear. :P
Perfectly  :)
Another good idea.  Do you think it would be enough if it behaved like this if, say, you held down Shift when dropping the character?  (there's an existing feature that works like this: if you hold down Ctrl when dropping the character on an occipied cell, it replaces the existing character there rather than moving it).  Or might the user want to make this the default behaviour - in which case I could add an option somewhere?
Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:32:22 pm by tunglashor
#36  October 01, 2010, 02:35:54 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Another good idea.  Do you think it would be enough if it behaved like this if, say, you held down Shift when dropping the character? [...]  Or might the user want to make this the default behaviour - in which case I could add an option somewhere?
Well, the more the better, so an option to make this the default behaviour would be nice (and a readme/documentation explaining you have to hold shift when dropping the char to exchange would be needed, or just add explanations in the "help" section of the software).

Also, another idea I just had, even though I'm not sure how useful it would be or hard it would be to implement : option to select several portraits using Ctrl, or even MAJ to select a bunch of them by clicking the 1st and last char to select. Then being able to drag and drop this whole bunch of characters. I guess the behaviour could be problematic when dealing with non-contiguous characters to move.
#37  October 01, 2010, 04:55:08 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Yes, I must put something on the Help menu...

Also, another idea I just had, even though I'm not sure how useful it would be or hard it would be to implement : option to select several portraits using Ctrl, or even MAJ to select a bunch of them by clicking the 1st and last char to select. Then being able to drag and drop this whole bunch of characters. I guess the behaviour could be problematic when dealing with non-contiguous characters to move.
I considered this at one point but never got around to trying it.  Probably be easier to implement when using your proposed 'swap' mode, actually!  I'll add it to the list.
Visual Select Screen Editor : Updated
#38  October 11, 2010, 05:51:57 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I've uploaded a new version with some requested features:
  • I've added a new option to the View menu that allows you to display the entire character grid, including hidden characters.  I made a vid to demonstrate.
  • When dragging a character, if you drop it on another character in the grid with Shift held down the characters will swap places instead of being rearranged in the usual way.
  • Added an option to the character right-click menu to open the character's .def file.
I also fixed a few bugs, so I'd recommend getting the new version even if you're not interested in any of the above.  All feedback bug/reports are much appreciated  :)

Download here
Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:16:53 am by tunglashor
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor : Updated
#39  October 11, 2010, 07:38:04 am
  • Participate, be a part.
I've uploaded a new version with some requested features:
  • I've added a new option to the View menu that allows you to display the entire character grid, including hidden characters.  I made a vid to demonstrate.
  • When dragging a character, if you drop it on another character in the grid with Shift held down the characters will swap places instead of being rearranged in the usual way.
  • Added an option to the character right-click menu to open the character's .def file.
I also fixed a few bugs, so I'd recommend getting the new version even if you're not interested in any of the above.  All feedback bug/reports are much appreciated  :)

Download here

works like a charm, you should include a link of this version in the first post as to some people who dont follow this thread will miss it. It would also be nice to include a readme stating what version it is and detailed history change of the program. so far the best tool of the past months since fighters factory came out. no bugs so far, Im surprised how well it works. This is a really big contribution in my book.
#40  October 11, 2010, 07:39:57 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Ugh it wont let me download off the side it keep saying "Permission Denied

You do not have the necessary privileges to access this file. This may be because you are not logged into your humyo account.

Make sure you are logged into the correct humyo account or contact the file's owner and request that they share this file with you." it gets annoying