YesNoOk

Hotaru Futaba by Sang Kalaza (EX) (Read 4439 times)

Started by Sang Kalaza, July 04, 2020, 06:52:28 pm
Share this topic:
Hotaru Futaba by Sang Kalaza (EX)
#1  July 04, 2020, 06:52:28 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N Dragon's Rebirth
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/site/sangkalazamugen
=*= Character Information =*=

Name: Hotaru Futaba
Type of Skill: different from the original game.
AI: Yes - Basic AI
Widescreen Support: Yes
Open Source: Yes

If you detect some bugs in her system, you can send them to me.
Maybe I will fix them and up her again.
Now she gets Basic AI. If you have good knownledge about AI, I hope you will improve it.
And I hope that you can repair her voice too, because I set some voices what is Japanese is false or unavailable.
In the future, I hope someone will edit a Pots style version for Hotaru Futaba,
and if possible, what I expect is a different type of skill from the original game.

=*= Images =*=

=*= Command List =*=

=*= Video =*=

=*= Download =*=
https://sites.google.com/site/sangkalazamugen

<*=*THANK YOU FOR PLAYING HOTARU FUTABA*=*>
Re: Hotaru Futaba by Sang Kalaza (EX)
#2  July 04, 2020, 07:37:03 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
For a (very) custom Hotaru, I haven't found much in terms of bugs but here's some feedback-ey stuff:
1. Some of the move choices are kinda random like the Pheonix Rider, Create Fire and Water Zen (With the Ice Cubes), mainly because of the reliance on Elements (Fire and Ice) which she doesn't use in the source material.
2. The charge time required for the Boomerang (Over a second) is a bit too long.
3. Pheonix Fang Arrow caused an endless Debug Flood saying "Parent in Retargeted Trigger has been Destroyed".
4. MAX Pheonix Fang Arrow seems to do the same damage (sometimes less, I think) than the Normal version.
5. No Guardsparks on the Pheonix during Pheonix Rider and Create Fire Rider.
6. Her Super Portrait for MAX ComboPheonix has Green Hair.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  July 04, 2020, 08:51:26 pm
    • Vietnam
For a (very) custom Hotaru, I haven't found much in terms of bugs but here's some feedback-ey stuff:
1. Some of the move choices are kinda random like the Pheonix Rider, Create Fire and Water Zen (With the Ice Cubes), mainly because of the reliance on Elements (Fire and Ice) which she doesn't use in the source material.
2. The charge time required for the Boomerang (Over a second) is a bit too long.
3. Pheonix Fang Arrow caused an endless Debug Flood saying ""Parent in Retargeted Trigger has been Destroyed"".
4. MAX Pheonix Fang Arrow seems to do the same damage (sometimes less, I think) than the Normal version.
5. No Guardsparks on the Pheonix during Pheonix Rider and Create Fire Rider.
6. Her Super Portrait for MAX ComboPheonix has Green Hair.

First of all, thank you @RagingRowen for the positive feedback.
1. =>
I think I will create two separate modes, to avoid conflicts of elements (eg fire and water, wind). It is possible to use weak Max Mode, since this will limit the skills according to the element (eg normal wind, Max Mode will become Fire Mode, ... and water, I have not thought out yet).
Or split by palno (Example: Palno 1 ~ 6: Wind Mode, Palno 7 ~ 8: Fire Mode)
I also saw the characters you edited and custome, I think they are good and I am using them myself (I am also expecting Leo (Pots style) character to be edited from you as in the list of prepared edits that I have seen before).
I think you will have new ideas and will customize her better than me.

2. =>
Because I think this skill is strong (due to few weaknesses), so I think the way to limit it is to increase the charge time, and the AirBoomerang skill is similar. I had originally planned that, when I switch to Max Mode, she will be able to use this skill, but in terms of split mode, it is possible to customize the entire current skill to be more reasonable as well as mentioned in ""first."" (check triggerall = var (10) = 1)

3. =>
Currently I do not understand this problem very well, you can describe more details (such as videos or images, ...).
If this problem can cause an error, then if you have a solution, hope you can share it

4. =>
Yes, as you thought, the amount of damage will be similar, but for this skill will depend on the position of the enemy will give different amount of damage, for example when the enemy is close to the wall.
Also, only the last hit changes, making the opponent difficult to defend (must be low guard).

5. =>
Yes, it's my bug, thanks for discovering it.

6. =>
Yes, that's something I didn't notice, thank you.
#4  July 04, 2020, 11:37:20 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Oh, cool I remember trying this Hotaru a few years ago. It's sweet that you're back and even went ahead in updating her. It's inspiring me to do an overhaul on my own Hotaru to keep her up to standard.

Related subject, I think the charge time is mostly fine for the most part since the boomerang is a pretty oppressive projectile to begin with. I forget how long the charge motion time was however.
#5  July 05, 2020, 03:22:12 am
    • Vietnam
Oh, cool I remember trying this Hotaru a few years ago. It's sweet that you're back and even went ahead in updating her. It's inspiring me to do an overhaul on my own Hotaru to keep her up to standard.

Related subject, I think the charge time is mostly fine for the most part since the boomerang is a pretty oppressive projectile to begin with. I forget how long the charge motion time was however.

I just watched your Hotaru Futaba video, you still retain her original skills, and the style has changed, specifically Guilty Gear Style (I think). Thank you for your interest in Hotaru Futaba, I also hope there will be many different versions of the style for her, so that players can choose according to their preferences.
Recently there has been a pandemic due to the corona virus, so I have some free time, to come back for updates, and maybe in the near future, I don't have as much free now.
About charge motion time, I'm setting 65 for boomerang skill. If the player finds it difficult to execute the move, you can edit it in her command file.