YesNoOk

[Jinny Thread]: Omega Zero Release (OHMSBY Style) (15/08/2023) (Read 416097 times)

Started by Digital Jinny, April 28, 2023, 05:20:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [Jinny Thread]: Belial Quick Update (OHMSBY Style) (04/05/2023)
#21  May 12, 2023, 12:21:52 pm
    • USA
Hey Digital Jinny, how are you doing and how is the development process of Katalina going? Since you said you plan on doing a XRD character and Happy Chaos in the future, here is a thread by Miner600 where he ripped the sounds from the game and a link to where you can get the images:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/guilty-gear-strive-sound-and-image-ripsbedman-update-195059.0.html

Also here is a old thread by Suzaku where he explains his process in how to convert 3D models from Guilty Gear XRD into sprites:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/generating-2d-guilty-gear-xrd-sprites-170997.0.html

And I found some stuff about blending tutorial and ripping models from Guilty Gear that could be helpful to you in your Mugen development process. I'll DM you the stuff.

"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#22  May 13, 2023, 01:15:16 pm
  • Just call me "Daddy"
  • Not as bad once you try it, right?
Hey Digital Jinny, how are you doing and how is the development process of Katalina going? Since you said you plan on doing a XRD character and Happy Chaos in the future, here is a thread by Miner600 where he ripped the sounds from the game and a link to where you can get the images:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/guilty-gear-strive-sound-and-image-ripsbedman-update-195059.0.html

Also here is a old thread by Suzaku where he explains his process in how to convert 3D models from Guilty Gear XRD into sprites:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/generating-2d-guilty-gear-xrd-sprites-170997.0.html

And I found some stuff about blending tutorial and ripping models from Guilty Gear that could be helpful to you in your Mugen development process. I'll DM you the stuff.

I'm doing okay and Katalina is still being worked on. It just takes me a while since I'm still new to this and I spend most of my time away from my home which kinda prevents me from working much, so I ask for patience.
 I appreciate extra resources and I received your DMs. Thank you.
#23  May 14, 2023, 04:04:31 pm
    • USA
Hey dude completely understandable. Take as much time as you need on your projects to iron out any issues and refine Katalina in a way that you see fit. Also I found some more sound resources that could be helpful to you. I'll DM them to you.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Re: [Jinny Thread]: Belial Quick Update (OHMSBY Style) (16/05/2023)
#24  May 16, 2023, 07:51:48 pm
  • Just call me "Daddy"
Belial has recieved an update fixing a glitch where he couldn't go back to state 0 after doing the Notoria follow-up.
#25  June 08, 2023, 05:15:23 pm
    • Malaysia
ummnnn......will you plan to made a japanese voicepatch for belial?
#26  June 10, 2023, 03:04:47 pm
  • Just call me "Daddy"

No, not really. I don't speak Japanese, so it would be really tedious checking file names and such as I won't understand what he's saying in said files. If someone is willing to do it, I'd upload it with credit and all on my website... when I make said website. My focus at the moment is on Katalina.

If I came off as rude, my apologies as that's not my intention at all.
Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 03:11:14 pm by Digital Jinny
#27  June 11, 2023, 11:52:24 pm
My feedback more pertains to aesthetics and gameplay than anything. If my critiques come across as nitpicking feel free to disregard.

Before that tho I have to express appreciation for how you managed the palettes. I never expected them to be so customizable. They feel like proper palettes and its great. I'm not certain of exactly how you and OHMSBY make this magic happen, so I'd never hold it against him, but making palettes for his 3D characters is very limited.

Gameplay wise I have only 1 thing that really bothers me, and its the lack of his counter. He's a very showy character, and that walking counter/taunt of his is a lot of fun in the mainline game. I was really disappointed to see it absent here. If at all possible please consider adding it to him in the future. Without it he just doesn't really feel complete. Otherwise absolutely fantastic job. Now, onto the nitpicking.

His supers feel like they lack impact. For Lemegeton, I think it would benefit a lot from some kinda effect when he puts his hand out to hold you in the air. Something that makes it feel like he's forcing the player to stay airborne. Adding some kind of explosion after the hit would go a long way in making it feel more authentic to the move in the game too.

For Vassago, I think just making it linger for a moment longer (Hitstop) on the scythe's impact would go a very long way in making it feel really nasty.

His exceed excel super is rather jarring in the way he positions himself to the center of the screen. I'm not sure exactly what, but perhaps their could be some other animation besides his walk/backwalk that would look cleaner? Honestly, I don't think he even really needs to reposition himself at all. Maybe something like this would work?
https://i.postimg.cc/3JDgDN7N/Belial-Pose.png

Overall his supers feel like they end just a bit too abruptly.

And for his Astral, Ideally a little animation on the wings would be really cool, but I realize that's probably an unreasonable request. Instead I think you could really improve its sense of impact by just adding some more screenshake once the lasers fire, and instead of having them all fly into the opponent as they do currently(with only one really connecting)perhaps make them all converge instead?

His crouching animation is very exaggerated. He leans very far toward the "camera" and it looks like it was done by tilting the model. Its no where near as subtle as in Granblue Fantasy Versus itself.

His standard victory pose using the sprites that leave his mouth somewhat open rather than having the teeth connect like Versus almost makes it seem like he's lost some teeth.
https://i.postimg.cc/XvQxJjBs/Belial-Win.png

His walk forward, and walk back animations are too fast. He looks super goofy. Especially walking forward.

Thats about all I've got. With just a little more tweaking he'll feel as polished as anything OHSMBY releases. Great job, and I'm really looking forward to whatever else you produce.
Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 12:40:05 am by Grigori
#28  June 12, 2023, 04:02:09 pm
  • Just call me "Daddy"
My feedback more pertains to aesthetics and gameplay than anything. If my critiques come across as nitpicking feel free to disregard.

Before that tho I have to express appreciation for how you managed the palettes. I never expected them to be so customizable. They feel like proper palettes and its great. I'm not certain of exactly how you and OHMSBY make this magic happen, so I'd never hold it against him, but making palettes for his 3D characters is very limited.

Gameplay wise I have only 1 thing that really bothers me, and its the lack of his counter. He's a very showy character, and that walking counter/taunt of his is a lot of fun in the mainline game. I was really disappointed to see it absent here. If at all possible please consider adding it to him in the future. Without it he just doesn't really feel complete. Otherwise absolutely fantastic job. Now, onto the nitpicking.

His supers feel like they lack impact. For Lemegeton, I think it would benefit a lot from some kinda effect when he puts his hand out to hold you in the air. Something that makes it feel like he's forcing the player to stay airborne. Adding some kind of explosion after the hit would go a long way in making it feel more authentic to the move in the game too.

For Vassago, I think just making it linger for a moment longer (Hitstop) on the scythe's impact would go a very long way in making it feel really nasty.

His exceed excel super is rather jarring in the way he positions himself to the center of the screen. I'm not sure exactly what, but perhaps their could be some other animation besides his walk/backwalk that would look cleaner? Honestly, I don't think he even really needs to reposition himself at all. Maybe something like this would work?
https://i.postimg.cc/3JDgDN7N/Belial-Pose.png

Overall his supers feel like they end just a bit too abruptly.

And for his Astral, Ideally a little animation on the wings would be really cool, but I realize that's probably an unreasonable request. Instead I think you could really improve its sense of impact by just adding some more screenshake once the lasers fire, and instead of having them all fly into the opponent as they do currently(with only one really connecting)perhaps make them all converge instead?

His crouching animation is very exaggerated. He leans very far toward the "camera" and it looks like it was done by tilting the model. Its no where near as subtle as in Granblue Fantasy Versus itself.

His standard victory pose using the sprites that leave his mouth somewhat open rather than having the teeth connect like Versus almost makes it seem like he's lost some teeth.
https://i.postimg.cc/XvQxJjBs/Belial-Win.png

His walk forward, and walk back animations are too fast. He looks super goofy. Especially walking forward.

Thats about all I've got. With just a little more tweaking he'll feel as polished as anything OHSMBY releases. Great job, and I'm really looking forward to whatever else you produce.

This is some real helpful criticism. What I like the most is that you provide solutions on how to fix the problems as well which is extremely helpful. I'm gonna update Belial to fix those issues at some point (And of course he's getting "Give Daddy Some Sugar" now as I found a way to implement it. Initially the only reason for it not being there is because I simply didn't know what to do with it, but I got an idea in the middle of working on Katalina). Unfortunately, there is something that I can't fix at the moment and that is his crouch animation. I hate it too if I'm honest. It's because for some reason the animation leans forward in blender. I have an idea on how to fix it (although it would be tedious, but I'm willing to do it), but for now I wanna focus on Kat, ya know?

Thank you for your feedback, I will address everything I can in the next update and I would appreciate it if you could give me the same kind of feedback for Katalina when she comes out.
Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 04:06:11 pm by Digital Jinny
#29  June 13, 2023, 04:35:39 pm
    • Malaysia

No, not really. I don't speak Japanese, so it would be really tedious checking file names and such as I won't understand what he's saying in said files. If someone is willing to do it, I'd upload it with credit and all on my website... when I make said website. My focus at the moment is on Katalina.

i done the japanese voicepattch for belial
here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bs6k3hdijey44e6/BelialJPN.zip/file

i would glad to help you for katalina's jap voicepatch XD
#30  June 13, 2023, 06:27:58 pm
  • Just call me "Daddy"

i done the japanese voicepattch for belial
here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bs6k3hdijey44e6/BelialJPN.zip/file

i would glad to help you for katalina's jap voicepatch XD

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. As I mentioned, you'll get full credit on my website when that's done.
#31  June 14, 2023, 08:47:05 am
This is some real helpful criticism. What I like the most is that you provide solutions on how to fix the problems as well which is extremely helpful. I'm gonna update Belial to fix those issues at some point (And of course he's getting "Give Daddy Some Sugar" now as I found a way to implement it. Initially the only reason for it not being there is because I simply didn't know what to do with it, but I got an idea in the middle of working on Katalina). Unfortunately, there is something that I can't fix at the moment and that is his crouch animation. I hate it too if I'm honest. It's because for some reason the animation leans forward in blender. I have an idea on how to fix it (although it would be tedious, but I'm willing to do it), but for now I wanna focus on Kat, ya know?

Thank you for your feedback, I will address everything I can in the next update and I would appreciate it if you could give me the same kind of feedback for Katalina when she comes out.

I'm glad my feedback came across as I intended it to.
Also nice to hear you've got something in mind for his counter. That will really round him out I think, and tie him closer to the mainline game too.

I intend to be around for Katalina's release as well, and any other granblue characters. I'll provide what I can when she's available.
Very much looking forward to future releases and updates, but also more than happy to wait for them. No ones expecting you to hammer this stuff out like its your job or something. Move at whatever pace prevents burnout. Were all just hoping for the best versions of what you make as possible.
#32  July 10, 2023, 11:42:13 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
This is a 1.0 specific bug, but it seems like the beams on Anagenesis aren't transparent. If you want, you could always worry about fixing that when Katalina's close to being finished.

https://streamable.com/cgjuj1

Also out of curiosity; with Versus Rising planning to redo the graphical appearances of the whole cast, will this mean that some characters like Belial be updated to match their appearances in Rising, or mainly stick to their Versus appearance since redoing them would be a bit of a hassle?
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#33  July 11, 2023, 10:49:17 am
  • Just call me "Daddy"
This is a 1.0 specific bug, but it seems like the beams on Anagenesis aren't transparent. If you want, you could always worry about fixing that when Katalina's close to being finished.

https://streamable.com/cgjuj1

Also out of curiosity; with Versus Rising planning to redo the graphical appearances of the whole cast, will this mean that some characters like Belial be updated to match their appearances in Rising, or mainly stick to their Versus appearance since redoing them would be a bit of a hassle?

I don't use 1.0, so I never really noticed.

As for your question; depends. Since Belial's model doesn't really have significant changes that I've noticed, I may update some of them with new resources from Rising and I'll update the movesets a bit like giving Belial that new Notoria as an EX DP (The one where he steps on you). That and obviously the dash attacks will come in hand as well as the new normals and such since GBVS chars barely fit the necessary normal count for the BBTAG auto combos. Belial's are basically perfect, but with Kat, I had to think about them a bit.

Speaking of Kat, she's still in development. Just wanted to reassure everyone since I haven't posted anything in regards to her for a while. I'm still new to this whole thing and it takes me a while to do this along with the things I know how to do also taking up some time.
#34  July 31, 2023, 11:48:43 pm
    • USA
Speaking of Kat, she's still in development. Just wanted to reassure everyone since I haven't posted anything in regards to her for a while. I'm still new to this whole thing and it takes me a while to do this along with the things I know how to do also taking up some time.
No need to worry dude, take as much time as you need in order to make her and get the hang of things. Also as a little aesthetic suggestion I thought about with any Versus characters that came out before Rising: maybe their Astral Heat cut in portraits could use their Rising character select art if some of the original game's artwork doesn't really work well as an AH cut-in.
#35  August 01, 2023, 09:06:09 am
  • Just call me "Daddy"
No need to worry dude, take as much time as you need in order to make her and get the hang of things. Also as a little aesthetic suggestion I thought about with any Versus characters that came out before Rising: maybe their Astral Heat cut in portraits could use their Rising character select art if some of the original game's artwork doesn't really work well as an AH cut-in.

Wait a minute. Is the artwork already available? If possible send it my way, I'd really appreciate it.

Also I finished Kat just yesterday, so look forward to that. She was harder than I expected, meaning I still have a lot to learn.
#36  August 01, 2023, 09:45:39 am
    • USA
Wait a minute. Is the artwork already available? If possible send it my way, I'd really appreciate it.

Unfortunately no; as far as I'm aware, no one has ripped the art or models from the Rising Closed Beta yet (or at all), so I might try to keep an eye out on that if they do get posted somewhere. Don’t worry about it for now since it’s something you can always change much later.

Also I finished Kat just yesterday, so look forward to that. She was harder than I expected, meaning I still have a lot to learn.

Trailer time along with showcasing and release will soon be upon us then; looking forward to see how she turned out!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 10:23:09 am by Solid Snivy
#37  August 01, 2023, 03:15:00 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey, big fan of the OHMSBY Style and just thought I'd say that I'm making Movelists for the whole cast and Belial's is the first I did. Working from A to Z after him though.

I was wondering if you could add move list support for your characters. It's incredibly easy to do to. In the character's def just add the line:

movelist = movelist.dat

Anyways, here's the drive link, Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zIlOYxQ9WbuFn_1OXrLvFqQbov91sjuV/view?usp=share_link
#38  August 01, 2023, 03:46:48 pm
  • Just call me "Daddy"

Unfortunately no; as far as I'm aware, no one has ripped the art or models from the Rising Closed Beta yet (or at all), so I might try to keep an eye out on that if they do get posted somewhere. Don’t worry about it for now since it’s something you can always change much later.

Trailer time along with showcasing and release will soon be upon us then; looking forward to see how she turned out!

#39  August 01, 2023, 03:49:46 pm
  • Just call me "Daddy"
Hey, big fan of the OHMSBY Style and just thought I'd say that I'm making Movelists for the whole cast and Belial's is the first I did. Working from A to Z after him though.

I was wondering if you could add move list support for your characters. It's incredibly easy to do to. In the character's def just add the line:

movelist = movelist.dat

Anyways, here's the drive link, Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zIlOYxQ9WbuFn_1OXrLvFqQbov91sjuV/view?usp=share_link

Yo! This is sick! Thanks so much! I didn't know this was a thing before. Are you okay with me including that in the next Belial update? You'd get credited of course.

#40  August 01, 2023, 08:53:47 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 09:00:56 pm by TheBlindFurry