YesNoOk

Omega Weapon (Read 7981 times)

Started by Dr.T, December 30, 2022, 04:26:15 pm
Share this topic:
Omega Weapon
#1  December 30, 2022, 04:26:15 pm
    • Finland
Hello, haven't posted anything here for a long time, but here's my latest creation I'd like to share:
"Omega Weapon", a super armored boss character that cannot guard. Inspired by "Omega" from Final Fantasy 13-2,
using sprites from the Metal Slug games.

VIDEO

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4giftt8ptt7mhz1/Omega.rar/file
Re: Omega Weapon
#2  December 31, 2022, 01:34:29 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I was also making a version of this boss at one point a long time ago. ;D A few quick observations:

- Overall it's way too easy to beat it
- It can be thrown, which I think is unintentional
- The animations where it does a "wheelie" are misaligned. The tracks go below the ground level
- The Missiles dust seems misaligned
- The way Machinegun works makes it too slow to come out
- Some supers do no chip damage
- If P2 blocks Wave Cannon, he can then walk through the beam
- Seems like there's not much point in jumping
- Needs more palettes. I also think the default one should be based on the portraits
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  December 31, 2022, 11:21:38 pm
    • Finland
I was also making a version of this boss at one point a long time ago. ;D A few quick observations:

- Overall it's way too easy to beat it
- It can be thrown, which I think is unintentional
- The animations where it does a "wheelie" are misaligned. The tracks go below the ground level
- The Missiles dust seems misaligned
- The way Machinegun works makes it too slow to come out
- Some supers do no chip damage
- If P2 blocks Wave Cannon, he can then walk through the beam
- Seems like there's not much point in jumping
- Needs more palettes. I also think the default one should be based on the portraits

Thanks for the feedback! Like I said in my post, I haven't been into MUGEN  for a long time now. Did you ever finish your version of this boss? Would be neat to see a PotS style metal slug tank  :laugh3:

-It's lacking a proper AI so that could be one reason why it is easy to beat? Maybe I could also increase the defence value to make it tougher...
-Yes, it was supposed to be unthrowable, but forgot to test that. I have a slight idea what went wrong there and how to fix it.
-I'll definitely check those misaligned sprites, atleast for the wheelie.
-The machinegun attack was a bit of a pain for me to implement. I tried to add some benefits for using it though, because I too noticed it to be a bit unpractical to use in the end.
-I always struggle on how much chip damage should I use and sometimes forget it altogether lol.
-Wave cannon should be a quick fix, I think I'll start from there....
-No point in jumping?! But it looks so cute when the tank jumps!  ;D
-About the palettes... Never got in depth with those, have to check how I can change/add them if it's not too complicated/time consuming.

#4  January 01, 2023, 11:44:59 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Thanks for the feedback! Like I said in my post, I haven't been into MUGEN  for a long time now. Did you ever finish your version of this boss? Would be neat to see a PotS style metal slug tank  :laugh3:
I didn't. Like so many other things, heh.

-It's lacking a proper AI so that could be one reason why it is easy to beat? Maybe I could also increase the defence value to make it tougher...
I think it's a combination of several things:
- The health, as you said. Usually characters that can't block have higher health or are hard to reach
- It's slow
- Most of its attacks aren't "scary"

-I always struggle on how much chip damage should I use and sometimes forget it altogether lol.
Just make up a rule. I used to use 12,5% of regular damage but now use 25% like several modern games.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.