YesNoOk

Fullscreen Positioning Off (Read 2476 times)

Started by DW, July 14, 2020, 03:23:39 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Fullscreen Positioning Off
#1  July 14, 2020, 03:23:39 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So recently I had to have my PC scrubbed. I didn't lose any of my data thankfully, and everything still works as it should, save for when I try to make Mugen fullscreen. No matter the resolution, the positioning is off on my TV. This wasn't a problem prior to getting my PC fixed, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I play it on my 32" TV. Though if I fullscreen and use 640x480(which I was using by default before and it was filling the screen fine), it's displayed overly stretched like vertically, and smashed into the right half of the screen horizontally.

There nothing but empty(black) space on the left side. So, I can only see about 3/4's of it vertically because of the stretching. and it's all cramped into one side of the screen... :-\ When I use 1280x720, it's letter-boxed. Black borders on the top and bottom, and looks to be stretched horizontally. It works fine in windowed mode, but I can't get it to look fine in fullscreen mode. I'm not sure what's going on, though I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a few emulators here and when I fullscreen them, they work fine. It's only Mugen that's displaying oddly for some reason now. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Fullscreen Positioning Off
#2  July 14, 2020, 05:14:36 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Weird, I don't know if you already tried but maybe updating your video drivers can fix it.
#3  July 14, 2020, 06:11:17 pm
  • Why,
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#4  July 14, 2020, 10:08:34 pm
Try updating your GPU drives manually from your PC.
Check on the TV itself for a setting,
Also try this command in the cfg

Set to 0 to stretch the video to fit the whole window.
 ;Set to 1 to keep a fixed aspect ratio.
KeepAspect = 1

Just for testing purposes have you tried 1.1 with the open GL render enabled ?

;Screen rendering mode.
 ;OpenGL - Experimental OpenGL renderer (recommended)
 ;System - default SDL rendering mode (e.g. windib in Windows)
 ;DirectX - DirectX 5 renderer
 ;System and DirectX modes do not support advanced features
 ;such as RGB sprites and window resizing.
RenderMode = OpenGL

One last thing to check after you update your drivers is the GPU's control panel settings when it comes to mugen itself.

Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 10:12:24 pm by PeXXeR
#5  July 15, 2020, 11:20:31 am
So recently I had to have my PC scrubbed. I didn't lose any of my data thankfully, and everything still works as it should, save for when I try to make Mugen fullscreen. No matter the resolution, the positioning is off on my TV. This wasn't a problem prior to getting my PC fixed, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I play it on my 32" TV. Though if I fullscreen and use 640x480(which I was using by default before and it was filling the screen fine), it's displayed overly stretched like vertically, and smashed into the right half of the screen horizontally.

There nothing but empty(black) space on the left side. So, I can only see about 3/4's of it vertically because of the stretching. and it's all cramped into one side of the screen... :-\ When I use 1280x720, it's letter-boxed. Black borders on the top and bottom, and looks to be stretched horizontally. It works fine in windowed mode, but I can't get it to look fine in fullscreen mode. I'm not sure what's going on, though I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a few emulators here and when I fullscreen them, they work fine. It's only Mugen that's displaying oddly for some reason now. Any help would be appreciated.

1. check your TV's native resolution
2. Turn off overscan on the TV (it may not named as overscan but something eles, most tv offer a mode that do not crop image, by default it drops)
3. Turn off overscan on PC (graphic settings, most AMD nVIdia driver do overscan by default if it found out it's a TV)
5. change PC to TV's native resolution
6. set TV  to Keep Aspect ratio
7. set PC to keep Aspect ratio
8. set mugen to keep Aspect ratio

DW

#6  July 18, 2020, 05:05:24 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I did most of these things, and the only thing that works is setting it to OpenGL and making it "fullscreen" from there. Which is just maximizing the window. If I try to change winmugen to fullscreen, it just crashes now... :-\ Idk man.... I'll try and ask the guy who fixed it another day. As I need to go back and get a new battery installed. It's a bit off-putting...but I guess I'll just manage.