YesNoOk

Isabeau Incarnate/Isabeau (True Form) [Kula Clone] and THE POWER OF LOVE??? (Read 26347 times)

Started by LunaTuna, May 19, 2020, 07:06:44 pm
Share this topic:
Isabeau Incarnate/Isabeau (True Form) [Kula Clone] and THE POWER OF LOVE???
#1  May 19, 2020, 07:06:44 pm
  • Hi, I'm a gay Mugen Creator (✿◠‿◠) !
    • Australia
Has it really been 5 years since I've released a character???

The answer is yes but I've been lurking around mugenguild during this period.

This character pays tribute to both Isabeau by Ex-Inferis and Aura by Crucifix.

How this project first started was I wanted to make a counterpart to Aura but I also wanted to remake Isabeau as well, that being said I kinda fused both of them together and revamping/balancing all their skills.

I have made new ones, bringing back older skills from both characters and have her being able to transform like Orochi Shermie. Many of the new skills that I have created comes from many games that have inspired me throughout the years such as Disgaea and Power Stone, my brain cells really ran wild with that one... :yuno:

Video Demonstration (please view the video to have a better understanding before jumping to conclusions):
Part 1: Isabeau Incarnate https://youtu.be/tLXq6wno0Ag
Part 2: Isabeau (True Form) https://youtu.be/H7a5CJqGefA

Special thanks to the Kula Edits Team for the Support, please show as much love and appreciation by visiting their website for their latest Kula edits: https://kula-edits.webs.com/

She has two forms, one is very standard while the other is boss-like. Simply Hold Start (s) and select her in the character menu or transform mid battle like the Orochi Shermie I've made a long time ago.

Many moves maybe super dramatic, however I assure you that she is very much defeatable by exploiting all her loopholes. After all even though she is quote on quote "cheap", she is a boss character, and I gave her meaning to take the time and polish every move, instead of having her kill everything in sight with little to no effects.

Download (Credits to Vans and Juke Kisaragi) [a Read Me Move List is included in the folder]:

百度网盘 Mugen 1.1b1 Version: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1nQ4yJkIFlsXbr-_66aCQ7Q 提取码: 86pg
百度网盘 Winmugen Version: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1TluKKykimfLxk8agu-X5iQ 提取码: 48tv
Mega Mugen 1.1b1 Version: https://mega.nz/file/Ft8kwQQI#V2Q9HD7F7KouQzKIp7WZRzI_7Jbwyx116SOaRc6y26U
Mega Winmugen Version: https://mega.nz/file/4xkkXaSQ#HujFtTJ88VuXyUVOaChkIdAG2pMRSd4b3J1l1_zWv6w
Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Screenshots:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Screenshots (True Form):

Warning: Gameplay may not be the same as the KOF series, If there is still a "problem" with the character, it's probably because I like the way it is or I just don't know how to fix it however I am very accepting to any suggestions.

Combo System Combination (special thanks to Juke Kisaragi for the idea)

Cancel to Jump:
x+y

Cancel to Run:
a+b

Power Charge
y+a

Isabeau Incarnate

Move List:

Isabeau (True Form)

Move List:

And last but not least a huge special thanks to Ex-Inferis and Crucifix for inspiring me to love/hate your characters for destroying me constantly in mugen <3

P.S. You may be thinking why I uploaded the video in a new youtube account, unfortunately youtube disabled my old account and I can't get it back :( If you are a newcomer or a returning subscriber please subscribe to my new youtube channel to follow more upcoming new content! Thank you and Peace! :bjugoi:

Isabeau Incarnate/Other Candy: Released
Foxy, Isabeau, Aika Toarcreat & Athena Asamiya: Coming Soon...
Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:48:37 pm by LunaTuna
Re: Isabeau Incarnate/Isabeau (True Form) [Kula Clone] and THE POWER OF LOVE???
#2  May 19, 2020, 08:34:33 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Very GOOD NEWS!!

You can believe me or not, but 5 or 6 hours before you post this message, I searched your characters posts here.
Thinking, too bad there is no more projects from this creator...

I was particularly fond of your Shermie edit and all the custom moves you gave her.

And this evening I check MFG and I see you're back!!
What a great day!

Even if I'm not a big fan of Kula edits, I'm testing, it can only be great !!
Thanks for the release!
#3  May 19, 2020, 08:37:21 pm
    • Australia
Very GOOD NEWS!!

You can believe me or not, but 5 or 6 hours before you post this message, I searched your characters posts here.
Thinking, too bad there is no more projects from this creator...

I was particularly fond of your Shermie edit and all the custom moves you gave her.

And this evening I check MFG and I see you're back!!
What a great day!

Even if I'm not a big fan of Kula edits, I'm testing, it can only be great !!
Thanks for the release!

Thank you for the support! My old characters will be revamped very soon with the time that we all have during this crisis!

#4  May 19, 2020, 09:00:01 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Glad to see you back LT! Time to test this out, thanks! :)
#5  May 19, 2020, 09:01:18 pm
    • Australia

#6  May 20, 2020, 03:29:24 am
  • Hëll
    • Brazil
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/MugenJaderMugen
Amazing work, congrats!!!!
LOL Elzee is very funny! XD
#7  May 21, 2020, 05:44:43 am
    • Australia

#8  May 21, 2020, 07:18:03 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Hello.

I tried this character from the perspective of the player, so I can't comment on the AI.

I was initially not sure which pieces were programmed by you and which pieces were carried over from Juke Kisaragi, as she is a very talented creator. However, she has many problems at adapting KOF style and many signature issues are a staple of her work.

I would like to mention to the people reading the thread that the coding is brand new and that it was done by yourself, and you deserve recognition for that.

The character is very well made, it follows KOF style movement decisions and the attention to detail is top notch.

Some comments:

- One gripe is that she does not appear to be using KOF style hitdefs and cornerpush, however, this is easily patched if desired.
- Most of her projectile moves appear to be using projectile controllers which is very light on memory and resources. However, this puts her at a huge gameplay disadvantage, as most "pots" style characters disregard old projectiles and even regular hadoukens will cancel basically all of them out. Perhaps a new update would see her projectiles become a little more modern, but I am not insisting on it.
- There are some instances of "trigger1 = 1" being used throughout the coding which I highly advise against. This is because in MUGEN there exists a special moment in time, "time = -1" in-between states where such pieces of code will trigger. This can cause really bad bugs, so I advise to adopt the more friendly "time >= 0" trigger in these cases. For 99% of most cases, "time >= 0" is what the author means when they use "trigger1 = 1".

I would like to close by mentioning that I hope to see more work from you.

Congratulations.

#9  May 21, 2020, 07:44:48 am
    • Australia
Hello.

I tried this character from the perspective of the player, so I can't comment on the AI.

I was initially not sure which pieces were programmed by you and which pieces were carried over from Juke Kisaragi, as she is a very talented creator. However, she has many problems at adapting KOF style and many signature issues are a staple of her work.

I would like to mention to the people reading the thread that the coding is brand new and that it was done by yourself, and you deserve recognition for that.

The character is very well made, it follows KOF style movement decisions and the attention to detail is top notch.

Some comments:

- One gripe is that she does not appear to be using KOF style hitdefs and cornerpush, however, this is easily patched if desired.
- Most of her projectile moves appear to be using projectile controllers which is very light on memory and resources. However, this puts her at a huge gameplay disadvantage, as most "pots" style characters disregard old projectiles and even regular hadoukens will cancel basically all of them out. Perhaps a new update would see her projectiles become a little more modern, but I am not insisting on it.
- There are some instances of "trigger1 = 1" being used throughout the coding which I highly advise against. This is because in MUGEN there exists a special moment in time, "time = -1" in-between states where such pieces of code will trigger. This can cause really bad bugs, so I advise to adopt the more friendly "time >= 0" trigger in these cases. For 99% of most cases, "time >= 0" is what the author means when they use "trigger1 = 1".

I would like to close by mentioning that I hope to see more work from you.

Congratulations.

Oh why thank you very much for the feedback :), This character was a 2 year process on and off project, so if I remember correctly when I implemented Juke Kisaragi's gameplay for the combo system, I've only taken the movement (velset), otherwise all the coding was revamped.

With the other things that you have mentions, I was unaware of the projectiles and triggers that may cause some rare gameplay issues. I will definitely look into it and update it soon, thank you for your advice Vans :)!

#10  May 21, 2020, 07:47:21 am
    • Australia
Announcement: I would also like to add that juggles are only added with necessary skills that may cause infinite combos such as airborne and projectile skills, otherwise most skills are left out to make the gameplay more smooth during simul mode.

#11  May 29, 2020, 03:52:42 am
  • German
    • China
Good Kula edit.
I find a problem is,when Isabeau use a 3 fire balls explode skill and the screen is not smooth,maybe use too many Helpers.I suggest that use Projtiles instead of Helpers to slove this problem.

By the way,how to change my custom Avatar? :(
Kula/German/StrawBerry
#12  May 29, 2020, 04:27:53 am
This is a very minor thing I noticed but it looks like her stance anim lacks the black marks/lines she has above and below her eyes in her other anims.
#13  May 30, 2020, 05:16:58 am
    • Australia
Good Kula edit.
I find a problem is,when Isabeau use a 3 fire balls explode skill and the screen is not smooth,maybe use too many Helpers.I suggest that use Projtiles instead of Helpers to slove this problem.

Oh, I'll look into it, you have to use imgur to change your profile picture.

#14  May 30, 2020, 05:19:06 am
    • Australia
This is a very minor thing I noticed but it looks like her stance anim lacks the black marks/lines she has above and below her eyes in her other anims.

She does still have the black line across her eyes during the stance but more subtle, as she has a mouth very close to the lines if I make the lines longer it'll go through her mouth. This minor detail was something I can't change sorry.

#15  May 30, 2020, 07:22:46 am
Oh it's fine no need to apologize.
#16  June 02, 2020, 04:30:09 am
  • German
    • China
Good Kula edit.

Oh, I'll look into it, you have to use imgur to change your profile picture.

Thanks.I get it.
Kula/German/StrawBerry
#17  June 03, 2020, 10:50:50 pm
https://streamable.com/ln9ne0
Did a 100% combo with her.
Attacking Jack Gabacho after the super whiffs turns him into a crouching Isabeau.
She is invincible through the entire animation of TWin Attribute whether or not the first hit lands.
Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:59:58 pm by Memes never die/Manby
#18  June 04, 2020, 04:38:57 am
    • Australia

#19  June 26, 2020, 09:17:24 am
  • 真祖-真の祖先。
Good release. I always thought Isabeau are "horror-satanic" genre. Seeing her in new form remind me some old "fire-theme" kula clone; Reak.
Nonetheless, congrats.

もう何も無いのねAlexandria Shady Rensia。少しこの名前に疲れているのかしら。自分を嫌いになりそう。
#20  June 26, 2020, 09:20:27 am
    • Australia