YesNoOk

SvC-ish Omega Zero (new update) (Read 9546 times)

Started by Synck, March 18, 2020, 04:58:50 pm
Share this topic:
SvC-ish Omega Zero (new update)
#1  March 18, 2020, 04:58:50 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
Hello there.
It's been a while since I updated my SvC Omega Zero so this time I bring you a somewhat definitive update.

Changelog:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download:
https://synck667.000webhostapp.com/

Feedback is always appreciated.
Have fun.
Re: SvC-ish Omega Zero (new update)
#2  March 19, 2020, 09:56:22 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Why the heck would you remove the white aura? N64Mario put it there for a reason. Even with the jank involved, you can't just remove something that's part of the character. You could have just left it on the standing animation only or something. This update is a disgrace to the original as it's no longer Omega and just a palette swap of Zero with Omega's moves.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#3  March 19, 2020, 10:43:15 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Why the heck would you remove the white aura? N64Mario put it there for a reason. Even with the jank involved, you can't just remove something that's part of the character. You could have just left it on the standing animation only or something. This update is a disgrace to the original as it's no longer Omega and just a palette swap of Zero with Omega's moves.

Is removing an effect that, mind you, was rather harsh on the eyes, really that big of a deal? You couldn't even ask for the exact reasoning or use your imagination (because it's not hard to imagine why he removed it) and suggest an alternative. To just dismiss all possible improvements and bug fixes just to call it "a disgrace" over something so small is kinda fucked up, man.
#4  March 19, 2020, 11:06:29 am
  • a.k.a DuckSS
Well the aura can have some really weird animations once omega gets grabbed by opponent, like it changes itself to some wrong animation. If you want the aura back you can enable it again in cns. The helper is located in statedef -3.
#5  March 19, 2020, 11:44:53 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
This update is a disgrace to the original as it's no longer Omega and just a palette swap of Zero with Omega's moves.

Yes, because everyone remembers Omega Zero for a minor aura sprite effect, and not because of the boss fight itself, right? I guess adding a Parkinson's aura miraculously makes him not a Zero palette swap. That's some solid ass reasoning you got there.

Shit
#6  March 19, 2020, 01:04:04 pm
    • USA
Is removing an effect that, mind you, was rather harsh on the eyes, really that big of a deal? You couldn't even ask for the exact reasoning or use your imagination (because it's not hard to imagine why he removed it) and suggest an alternative. To just dismiss all possible improvements and bug fixes just to call it "a disgrace" over something so small is kinda fucked up, man.
If N64Mario were here, what would he think? He probably worked hard to get that white aura effect very close to the source game through his MMZ3 Omega Zero and transferred the code over to his SvC Zero (And that was back in 2007). Try thinking about it in his perspective. Pretty sure it was difficult especially with the limited programs and resources he could use back then.

Well the aura can have some really weird animations once omega gets grabbed by opponent, like it changes itself to some wrong animation. If you want the aura back you can enable it again in cns. The helper is located in statedef -3.
That's why I suggested if it's possible to have it only on certain parts of the character since 1.0 removed certain limitations Winmugen had. Good to know it wasn't been removed completely.

Yes, because everyone remembers Omega Zero for a minor aura sprite effect, and not because of the boss fight itself, right? I guess adding a Parkinson's aura miraculously makes him not a Zero palette swap. That's some solid ass reasoning you got there.
If anyone plays Megaman Zero 3, it's there and I didn't make that up. I didn't ask him to give him the flashing effect if he takes damage and have temporary invincibility until the flashing stops as that would be OP in a fighting game. Then again after looking at my post, Omega technically is Zero with a different color palette. But the aesthetic alone makes a difference.
#7  March 19, 2020, 01:49:44 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Pal. before mentioning NMario again, please, understand one thing: this is NOT NMario's version. This is a different character author has the rights to make whatever way he wanted to. And he actually chose the better way than NMario himself- made him have his moves. Some aesthetics is indeed a small price to pay if we've got that instead, especially since that aura isn't even remotely as hard to make as you're trying to assume.
Please, stop it, You're making a fuss outta something not worthy of such attention.
#8  March 19, 2020, 02:26:45 pm

You're very entitled aren't you ?
Synck can do whatever he wants with the char its HIS creation that HE spent time on making and it was HIM that shared it with YOU !
Also how this affect you by any means ? the aura is still in the original release ?  IF YOU LIKE THAT AURA SO MUCH USE MARIO'S VERSION !
Stop throwing hissy fits or add it back in yourself if you care that much.

Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:45:07 pm by PeXXeR
#9  March 19, 2020, 02:36:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If N64Mario were here, what would he think? He probably worked hard to get that white aura effect very close to the source game through his MMZ3 Omega Zero and transferred the code over to his SvC Zero (And that was back in 2007). Try thinking about it in his perspective. Pretty sure it was difficult especially with the limited programs and resources he could use back then.

This is a ridiculous demand to be grasping pearls about. Learn perspective and respect. you are the disgrace to be talking to people like that.
#10  March 19, 2020, 02:52:26 pm
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
If there's anything that can be said about this character, without being nitpicky about stupid shit, it certainly is a pretty one and plays smoothly. Good work Synck.
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
#11  March 19, 2020, 04:56:27 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
My brother DuckSS! welcome back!
#12  March 19, 2020, 06:25:21 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
While I do disagree with the removal of his aura due to it being iconic, it has no major effect on his gameplay and mechanics and the fact that you can re-enable it makes it even less of a non-issue. I'll check it out later and provide feedback where I can.
#13  March 19, 2020, 06:43:56 pm
    • USA
I made a small portrait for your Omega Zero:

*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#14  March 20, 2020, 02:30:25 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Okay so...how exactly do you reactivate the aura? I'm very unfamiliar with MUGEN coding so I don't know what I'm looking for here and what to turn on or off lol...
#15  March 21, 2020, 07:26:59 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
Okay so...how exactly do you reactivate the aura? I'm very unfamiliar with MUGEN coding so I don't know what I'm looking for here and what to turn on or off lol...

It's in ozero.def.

Scroll to bottom in notepad and then scroll up a little and you'll see this code:
Code:
; Aura Shadow
[State -3, Helper]
type = null ;<= change this to helper
triggerall = Alive
triggerall = NumHelper(9999) = 0
triggerall = RoundState > 0
triggerall = RoundState < 3
trigger1 = StateNo != 190
trigger1 = StateNo != 191
helpertype = normal
name = "Aura Shadow"
pausemovetime = 100000000
supermovetime = 100000000
id = 9999
pos = 0,0
postype = p1
stateno = 9999
keyctrl = 0
ownpal = 1
so basically change null to helper.
#16  March 22, 2020, 02:57:21 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
I'll try to ignore Solidzone's childish Demands and focus on testing this char.
#17  March 22, 2020, 03:17:43 am
    • USA
You're very entitled aren't you ?
Synck can do whatever he wants with the char its HIS creation that HE spent time on making and it was HIM that shared it with YOU !
Also how this affect you by any means ? the aura is still in the original release ?  IF YOU LIKE THAT AURA SO MUCH USE MARIO'S VERSION !
Stop throwing hissy fits or add it back in yourself if you care that much.
Ok? Ask me this, where did I ever said that? I asked why was it changed, not demanded to be changed back. I was talking about the update itself, not the entire character as a whole as it's still great aside from that only issue. I never said the character sucks, you made that claim yourself and worded it to say that I did.

Either way, it doesn't matter now as Synck confirmed the code wasn't removed. I'll do that once you stop trying to scramble my words around.

This is a ridiculous demand to be grasping pearls about. Learn perspective and respect. you are the disgrace to be talking to people like that.
Where I didn't even insult anyone? I was talking about the update regarding that issue only, not the author, editor or the other improvements/bug fixes. You're making a claim I never said.

It's in ozero.def.

Scroll to bottom in notepad and then scroll up a little and you'll see this code:
Code:
; Aura Shadow
[State -3, Helper]
type = null ;<= change this to helper
triggerall = Alive
triggerall = NumHelper(9999) = 0
triggerall = RoundState > 0
triggerall = RoundState < 3
trigger1 = StateNo != 190
trigger1 = StateNo != 191
helpertype = normal
name = "Aura Shadow"
pausemovetime = 100000000
supermovetime = 100000000
id = 9999
pos = 0,0
postype = p1
stateno = 9999
keyctrl = 0
ownpal = 1
so basically change null to helper.
I tried that myself, but the aura still not appearing. The code is there, but changing it to helper doesn't do anything. Is there anything else that needs to be changed?

I'll try to ignore Solidzone's childish Demands and focus on testing this char.
And I'll try to ignore your false accusations and stick on topic.
#18  March 22, 2020, 03:36:59 am
    • Philippines
All this just because someone wanted some cute aura effects? Wow, mate.
New #19  March 22, 2020, 12:58:45 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
 @SolidZone 26:

How's that possible? Did you edit it with notepad or fighter factory? It works for me by using notepad, man it's that simple. In fighter factory you need to go to cns menu and find ozero.def there to edit it cuz if you do it in character definition menu it won't do a thing (fighter factory bullshit). So just simply edit it in notepad and it will work.

As you can see, it works for me.
Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:55:13 am by Synck
#20  March 22, 2020, 11:10:43 pm
    • USA
How's that possible? Did you edit it with notepad or fighter factory? It works for me by using notepad, man it's that simple. In fighter factory you need to go to cns menu and find ozero.def there to edit it cuz if you do it in character definition menu it won't do a thing (fighter factory bullshit). So just simply edit it in notepad it will work.
Maybe that's why it didn't work as I used Fighter Factory Studio to edit the setting. I test the character though it before saving, so the modifications would appear for testing purposes. I guess it didn't show up as the code was on the def instead of it's own cns file. This time I saved, reloaded the character and the aura showed up again. Everything's all good now.