YesNoOk

Muslim ban from the US (Read 42785 times)

Started by GTOAkira, January 28, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Muslim ban from the US
#21  January 28, 2017, 09:51:42 pm
oh. you're a humanitarian now? also, those arent necessarily my people, as with christianity having different branches, so does islam... and unfortunately those guys have a more radical approach to doing things.. which goes against the whole principle of the religion. so forgive me if I'm not at all ready to jump up and defend that 1% that are dangerous.

I've lived through apartheid so I know how shit things can get based on race and religion... so please dont be preaching to me.

I'm ending this here, coz 1. I dont feel like being dragged into one of your arguments 2. I dont feel like being dragged into yet another philosophical debate about religion and 3. its derailing the issue here,
by "those guys" do you mean middle easterns? do you think they are the 1% ?
what a nice way of disconnecting yourself from the rest of your religion practitioners. just assume they are all extremists and you're the sane one!
i see you're still living in apartheid. i don't want to go on with this argument either.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#22  January 28, 2017, 09:53:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
.......because they've arrived from the worst god damn living conditions and are barely given citizenship?
You can't be serious...

In context he is completely right, what exactly do you think an "illegal " immigrant is in america? A Milionaire that decides to just drop by another country and take badly paid jobs because he was just making too much money in his home country?
#23  January 28, 2017, 09:54:42 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#24  January 28, 2017, 09:56:28 pm
  • Raging Fist
Sighs.
While I cannot say for all of the US on whether this is right or not, the ban placed is strictly in for 90 days minimum, mainly so incoming forces from terrorist groups like ISIS will not attack the US (Even though there has been other means besides travel). Beck is right that this ban in place is without a doubt unconstitutional, and makes me wonder if said ban is just strictly based on paranoia. Either way it happened, nothing to do about it except either revolt about it or see how this goes, seeing how Green-card holders are affected by this, and not visa-holders.
(And no this is not a racist matter regardless of country, this is just an over-glorified safety precaution taken to deeper depths of uncertainty, and no I am not taking any sides either. I believe in immigration yes but please do it the right way.).
#25  January 28, 2017, 10:06:45 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
.......because they've arrived from the worst god damn living conditions and are barely given citizenship?
You can't be serious...

In context he is completely right, what exactly do you think an "illegal " immigrant is in america? A Milionaire that decides to just drop by another country and take badly paid jobs because he was just making too much money in his home country?
Nobody is denying that tho.Hell I experienced that first hand,when my mother was working as a teacher in Bosnia she was getting measly 400 euroes,but now that she's a cook in Austria she gets 1000 euroes monthly.We moved due to money but we did it legally
Dude was seemingly implying that just because of that kicking illegals out shouldn't happen and that its racist to send them back to their poorer countries.Which is silly.And I'm relatively hoping that he didnt mean that
Cause its silly
Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:11:13 pm by Erroratu
#26  January 28, 2017, 10:07:25 pm
This is absolutely barbaric, and a horrific shame to the entire world.

This isn't even gonna do anything except cause massive inconvenience and provoke relations.

The problem was taking too many refugees (debatable if the US was even doing that); banning people from entering the country is just a careless, "Trump-esk" way of solving it. I'm all for being careful about the refugee crisis but there's a better way to handle it.

And we already have radical Muslims in the country (Omar Mateen). It's not like they just show up in the country and shoot up airports the next day.
#27  January 28, 2017, 10:10:00 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I know I said I'm done, but.. you're a fucken idiot for completely missing what I was saying. You've proved that before in other topics and you proving it here again. Ok, now I'm done.

Apologies to everyone else reading this topic, just had to get that off my chest.
#28  January 28, 2017, 10:13:50 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
what exactly do you think an "illegal " immigrant is in america?
Somebody who lives there illegally, i couldn't care less about the context behind it, rules exist to be followed, and there must be consequences if you don't.
Lasagna
#29  January 28, 2017, 10:18:17 pm
    • USA
Again, this topic has nothing to do with illegal immigration. It concerns an entirely different issue.

President Trump’s executive order on immigration quickly reverberated through the United States and across the globe on Saturday, slamming the border shut for an Iranian scientist headed to a lab in Boston, an Iraqi who had worked as an interpreter for the United States Army, and a Syrian refugee family headed to a new life in Ohio, among countless others.

Around the nation, security officers at major international gateways had new rules to follow. Humanitarian organizations scrambled to cancel long-planned programs, delivering the bad news to families who were about to travel. Refugees who were airborne on flights when the order was signed were detained at airports.

Reports rapidly surfaced Saturday morning of students attending American universities who were blocked from getting back into the United States from visits abroad. One student said in a Twitter post that he would be unable to study at Yale. Another who attends the Massachusetts Institute of Technology was refused permission to board a plane. Stanford University was reportedly working to help a Sudanese student return to California.
Shortly after noon on Saturday, Hameed Khalid Darweesh, an interpreter who worked on behalf of the United States government in Iraq, was released. After nearly 19 hours of detention, Mr. Darweesh began to cry as he spoke to reporters, putting his hands behind his back and miming handcuffs.

“What I do for this country? They put the cuffs on,” Mr. Darweesh said. “You know how many soldiers I touch by this hand?”
“How do I get back home now?” said Daria Zeynalia, a green card holder who was visiting family in Iran. He had rented a house and leased a car, and would be eligible for citizenship in November. “What about my job? If I can’t go back soon, I’ll lose everything.”

Shadi Heidarifar, a philosophy student recently admitted to New York University, said in a message on Twitter that she had spent three years applying to universities in the United States.

“I had to work to save money, gather documents. The application fees were so expensive that a whole family could live for a month” on them, Ms. Heidarifar wrote. When she was accepted recently, she was elated. “But now my entire future is destroyed in one second.”
Horror stories like these abound. Families suddenly separated, with no path forward for reuniting. Students denied access to the schools they're enrolled in. The sheer scope of it all is hard to take in.
#30  January 28, 2017, 10:19:55 pm
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
Oh boy, who's ready for another government shutdown?
#31  January 28, 2017, 10:21:48 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#32  January 28, 2017, 10:22:26 pm
  • Niigasan
I seriously fucking hate trump man
#33  January 28, 2017, 10:24:34 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Oh boy, who's ready for another government shutdown?
Nobody, because the Democrats don't have the numbers to pull it off.
Nobody is denying that tho.Hell I experienced that first hand,when my mother was working as a teacher in Bosnia she was getting measly 400 euroes,but now that she's a cook in Austria she gets 1000 euroes monthly.We moved due to money but we did it legally
tomatoe, tomato
#34  January 28, 2017, 10:26:31 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
They'll be fine
If anything they'll be held back a day or 2 tops before going back,even that is probably stretching it.If they dont then fuck let Pence electrocute me to death or somethin idk
Law wasnt even out for a day already
I'm all for keeping people from troublesome countries from gettin into yours,you're keeping your peoples best interests in mind of course,but people who already live there/are attending school there should be let back in and honestly I'd be dissapointed if they don't
#35  January 28, 2017, 10:29:03 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Trump has become such an obscene caricature of a fascist dictator so fast after assuming the presidency that I'm honestly starting to suspect that the GOP is just letting him run wild so that they can make themselves out to look like heroes when they impeach him themselves a couple of months from now.
#36  January 28, 2017, 10:35:10 pm
    • USA
This banning Muslim shit isn't permanent, they're just
Making changes to the program to make it harder for
"extremist" Muslims to come on in.
The current vetting system is already extremely thorough and onerous. Refugees have to wait, at bare minimum, for two years while being thoroughly vetted and having every aspect of their lives scrutinized and examined, before they are allowed into the country. There is no practical way to add on more "extreme vetting" to that. It already happens.

Or I guess, happened.
#37  January 28, 2017, 10:39:15 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
#38  January 28, 2017, 10:47:58 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
If the US gov backs down from the ban, keep an eye out for any bills and legislature they tried to quietly push through in the past few days in the midst of the media blitz covering the ban.
#39  January 28, 2017, 10:56:00 pm
it's just so fucked up how much lifes this idiotic decision has ruined.
I know I said I'm done, but.. you're a fucken idiot for completely missing what I was saying. You've proved that before in other topics and you proving it here again. Ok, now I'm done.

Apologies to everyone else reading this topic, just had to get that off my chest.

on the contrary, it's you who missed my point entirely and thought that i want you to defend actual terrorists.
you're not the only muslim who hates isis, all of us do. just because we speak the same language they do doesn't make us like them at all.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#40  January 28, 2017, 11:07:08 pm
  • "In case you're wondering, you've lost."
    • USA
Trump has become such an obscene caricature of a fascist dictator so fast after assuming the presidency that I'm honestly starting to suspect that the GOP is just letting him run wild so that they can make themselves out to look like heroes when they impeach him themselves a couple of months from now.

I didn't actually think about them trying to look like heroes, but pretty much this. My whole family has been saying the same thing; he is just gonna get himself impeached. Though the fact that his 'cabinet' may be seriously sticking by his every word is pretty telling of what kind of people they ALL are...and I wonder what the Trump voters who disagree with this latest fiasco have to say or even the looks on their faces? He is such a HATEFUL man...it's quite disgraceful and disturbing. I find it hard to call him a human being. And he acts like such a damn child. I swear it feels like we have a 4th grader running the country right now.

-.-'