YesNoOk

Sion & Some System plans (Read 16518 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, January 11, 2010, 04:22:19 pm
Share this topic:
Sion & Some System plans
#1  January 11, 2010, 04:22:19 pm
    • Thailand

It's more of a new character than it is an update. Decided I'd release her before I make major changse to my style.

Download

Switching up my system. Taking out some things; Advancing some things; Focusing on more fairness. Suggestions, opinions, and comments are all welcome, as this is not that complete yet, according to me.  :)

Spoiler: System Plans (click to see content)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions? Complaints?
Re: Sion & Some System plans
#2  January 11, 2010, 04:33:07 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Not home so I can't test, but PLEASE no loud like xbawks voice.  TELL ME YOU FIXED THAT.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#3  January 11, 2010, 04:38:20 pm
    • Thailand
Her voice should be fine, I put in new ones. She isn't a combination of both Sion and Vampire Sion, anymore, she's just Sion.
#4  January 11, 2010, 04:39:21 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#5  January 11, 2010, 04:47:37 pm
    • Thailand
It's much better that way. Vampire Sion comes later. I made this decision because if I combined the two, it would make the SFF file too large, considering the new animations and the HI-RESing of the effects.
#6  January 11, 2010, 05:21:13 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I prefer this new Sion over the old one. :D Also her voice doesn't make my ears bleed anymore.

Well I would like to keep the power charge (might miss the Ex-moves, but I generally don't use them) and I don't really use Vigor mode.

And now I'll wait for RajaaAkiha.
#7  January 11, 2010, 05:36:57 pm
    • Thailand
If a power charge, it'd have to be very slow; considering what I'm planning for Vigor mode, but it'll probably just be nulled out, so no real worries.

The EX-moves won't be Ex moves anymore, but will be available once in vigor mode, and will be done, simply by pressing the normal commands for the moves, instead of pressing two buttons. I'm trying to make it so using vigor mode is beneficial and not just an attack increase and decrease. Which is why I'm adding other features to it that make it useful, yet dangerous to both the user and their opponent. Thus making you want to use it! I'm glad you won't miss the chain combos, I think they make playing with my characters WAY too easy. Which is why I'm shedding them except for a few characters. :ninja:

I'm glad you like Sion.  :)

I already released an Akiha!
#8  January 11, 2010, 05:39:26 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
#9  January 11, 2010, 05:43:04 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
RajaaRoastbeef, please.
You have your sprite rips, lazy bish.

In terms of hitsparks, you could always try to make something with ParticleIllusion. :U
#10  January 11, 2010, 05:48:19 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
HR Red Earth/Warzard sparks or get out.
#11  January 11, 2010, 05:50:31 pm
    • Thailand
RajaaRoastbeef, please.
You have your sprite rips, lazy bish.

[/excuses]True, but I dont have voice rips.:smartass:[/excuses]

In terms of hitsparks, you could always try to make something with ParticleIllusion. :U

Never even used particle illusions. Maybe I should give it go.

HR Red Earth/Warzard sparks or get out.

Eww... I think.  :(
#12  January 11, 2010, 06:03:33 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#13  January 11, 2010, 06:04:47 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
#14  January 11, 2010, 06:10:26 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
You know, ripping directly from the game ain't that hard. Just long. :/
#15  January 11, 2010, 07:19:07 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Just some notes on your system plans :

- I'm glad you're nerfing chains and cancellings. Neat thing.
- I never really liked C-groove cancelling. I'm all for Lv1->Lv2, but not the contrary. It's just me though.
- Keep power charge ! :( Make it slow at startup, it should be enough to balance it.
- I'm happy to see you're updating vigor mode. To be honest, I never really tested your chars in this mode, as I never saw so much of an interest in it. ;P If old Ex attacks would become the normal specials in Vigor Mode, then that would really be something great IMO.
- If you're updating to 1.0 after this, why not using the default hitsparks for your characters, and proposing a fightfx which you'd use for them if you want, and people could them use them for other chars. Crazy Koopa already released high-res CFJ hitsparks, and I'm very happy with them. :)
#16  January 12, 2010, 03:22:15 am
  • because MUGEN is too mainstream
    • newagemugen.pro-forums.ca/
You could try Big Bang Beat or Basara X style Hyper Portraits.

EDIT: And Sion's not downloadable anymore  :S
#17  January 12, 2010, 05:57:06 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Just tried out your new version of Sion and this one I like the most. Really love the limited ammo system and that you have to press the medium and strong punch buttons to reload her gun. Can't wait for RajaaSionTatari, RajaaVampireSion, or whatever you call her. :P

Also, if you want suggestions on hitsparks, here are my suggestions:

- vyn's Capcom vs. SNK X characters
- Capcom Fighting Jam/Capcom Fighting Evolution
- Street Fighter 4

EDIT: And Sion's not downloadable anymore  :S
The download seems fine to me. It must be your internet or something.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#18  January 12, 2010, 11:16:27 am
  • DODAI
    • www.youtube.com/user/Kyotachi
Keep the EX Moves, ditch the dodging/rolling.

Of course he will not name call you since you own him. I mean, I'd be pretty pissed if my dog name called me.
#19  January 13, 2010, 08:22:19 am
    • Thailand
Thanks, guys, but I'll worry about Roastbeef when I'm actual making him. :P

You could try Big Bang Beat or Basara X style Hyper Portraits.

EDIT: And Sion's not downloadable anymore  :S
Pics because I'm lazy. I'm stilling pondering, though. I might just ditch hyper portraits! Are you still having trouble with Sion? I was optimizing my website some time ago, I didn't look at the time you posted this, so it might not have been the cause.

Just some notes on your system plans :

- I'm glad you're nerfing chains and cancellings. Neat thing.
- I never really liked C-groove cancelling. I'm all for Lv1->Lv2, but not the contrary. It's just me though.
- Keep power charge ! :( Make it slow at startup, it should be enough to balance it.
- I'm happy to see you're updating vigor mode. To be honest, I never really tested your chars in this mode, as I never saw so much of an interest in it. ;P If old Ex attacks would become the normal specials in Vigor Mode, then that would really be something great IMO.
- If you're updating to 1.0 after this, why not using the default hitsparks for your characters, and proposing a fightfx which you'd use for them if you want, and people could them use them for other chars. Crazy Koopa already released high-res CFJ hitsparks, and I'm very happy with them. :)

Yeah, I'm coding Dhalsim without the Chains now, and giving him his chains from CvS, that is: Some close basics can be comboed into a yoga fire, Yoga stream/volcano. It's turning out nice, and battles aren't easy, as they were before. Also, adjusting hit velocities and other stuff like that.

I like C-groove canceling, plus, it makes you risk two power bars if you want to try to cancel into a super or special, which is good for balance! It'll work out fine!

Stilling thinking about power charge: I'll just make it super slow!

Yup, Vigor mode is in for a huge update that makes it worth using. Just wait and see, it's not too far from a release. I'm organizing my variables better, they're a mess.

I actually just downloaded Crazy Koopa's fightfx pack. I'm going to use thos hitsparks and guardsparks, I like them a lot. I wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving my characters without hitsparks.

As for updating to Mugen 1.0, I don't think so yet! I was testing out coding for it a few days back, I got the hang of that sffv2, which is all I wanted to do. Now, I'm just waiting until I get a significant motivation to go and do that to all my characters. Just going to update my style first, and then look into coding for Mugen 1.0, hopefully by that time there will be some breakthrough or something!

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions. :)

Just tried out your new version of Sion and this one I like the most. Really love the limited ammo system and that you have to press the medium and strong punch buttons to reload her gun. Can't wait for RajaaSionTatari, RajaaVampireSion, or whatever you call her. :P

Also, if you want suggestions on hitsparks, here are my suggestions:

- vyn's Capcom vs. SNK X characters
- Capcom Fighting Jam/Capcom Fighting Evolution
- Street Fighter 4

Thanks, I'm glad you like the gun system, because I spent 30 minutes on it, and didn't go back to change some things that I had problems with. Everything should be fine with it, just a few tweaks I skipped by accident.

I think I'm going with the sparks Crazy Koopa has released. They should be good, enough!

Keep the EX Moves, ditch the dodging/rolling.

No Ex-Moves; there's a reason I'm getting rid of those, too much P.o.t.S, and I don't like people calling my characters P.o.t.S esque characters. Not that there's anything wrong with his style.

I'm keeping Dodge/Roll!  :D
#20  January 14, 2010, 02:48:48 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA