YesNoOk

Force character to not face your character (Read 1814 times)

Started by airforce111, August 10, 2020, 12:55:34 am
Share this topic:
Force character to not face your character
#1  August 10, 2020, 12:55:34 am
    • USA
I know this one is going to be difficult, or atleast a bit broken. Anyway of doing this? Especially team modes? Might be impossible.
Re: Force character to not face your character
#2  August 10, 2020, 01:52:42 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Is that on hit or at all times? There is a nasty method that will be 90% successful. Or there are just kinda best effort things.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  August 10, 2020, 02:11:47 am
    • USA
It is terrible and complicated and I'm not even going to try to generate example code for this...

But you should be able to create a helper to "distract" the opponent.  Make the helper's location based on p2 and always on the opposite side of you, but very close to the opponent.  The helper will probably need code to constantly locate itself.  How, exactly?  And what about simul?  Err...I dunno.  good luck.
#4  August 10, 2020, 10:26:09 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Its not complicated. Its just bad.

Spawn a helper with a helpertype of player. It has 2 posadds.

Type = posadd
Trigger1 = facing != enemynear(0), facing
X = floor(p2bodydist x)

That should place it in front of p2 at all times. Then

Posadd
Trigger1 = facing = enemynear(0), facing
X = floor(p2dist x + 10)
Which should place your helper directly behind p2 again if he turns around. You just can't force him to change aggro if he does. All you can do is make sure your helper is always really close.

Helpertype = player is horrible however and i don't recommend it in a general sense.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  August 10, 2020, 02:52:57 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Wait, I may be wrong but isn't "helpertype" obsolete from MUGEN 1.0+?
Also, is it possible for a helper to be treated equally as a player and make the opponent face its way?

The last time I tried, the codes did not let my helpers become recognized as "players" and they always moved as the screen did.
#6  August 10, 2020, 06:49:08 pm
    • USA
Ah yes, thanks, I knew it was gonna be some kind of frankensteinish way....I might try it out just as curiousity but probably wont end up using it if thats the case
#7  August 11, 2020, 11:02:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Helpertype is always available. Player is considered deprecated and really shouldn't be used.

New #8  August 16, 2020, 10:04:18 pm
    • USA
So anyway, atleast for tag edits (like UNOTAG and add004) I found this best alternative is to make an actual helper going into the attack state and destroying self after exiting screen. I was thinking players dont actually autoturn to non-player type helpers anyway, and this did solve my issue, compare the two:

before :https://streamable.com/i6y5cz
after (sloppy edit): https://streamable.com/4q9a9m

UNOTAG was pretty smart about this, all entrance and exit states and animations are just helpers away from the active players. Add004 is much more complicated since none of those states are helper types (so youd have to change almost everything about that system, youll have to ask if it would be worth it for you).. For unotag, I just make the enter and exit helpers switch to the assist state instead of destroying self VS making the actual player appear and forcing a turn on enemy if near. This does mean though, youll have to create a lifeadd controller to detect the damage done to the helper to affect the root (which isnt hard).

Anyway, I don't think I'm gonna personally bother doing this since ikemen go is coming with a release that has this special "noturntotarget" trigger as a request. But I just thought if anyone is still using mugen and is considering this, maybe these options are something they would consider.
Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:19:37 pm by airforce111