YesNoOk

Hitspark Problems (Read 1235 times)

Started by Steel Komodo, May 08, 2020, 05:07:12 pm
Share this topic:
Hitspark Problems
New #1  May 08, 2020, 05:07:12 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
So I'm trying to use @Memo's custom hitsparks for a character I'm working on. I've used these before and I've had no issues with them before. The problem here is that no matter how much I try to adjust the x axis, it won't move. I'm completely stumped as to how to get this to work, and it's been very annoying for me to put up with.

Here's what I'm working with:

Spoiler: Custom Spark definitions (click to see content)

Spoiler: -2 State (click to see content)

Spoiler: Example Hitdef (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:05:35 pm by Steel Komodo
Re: Hitspark Problems
#2  May 08, 2020, 05:20:22 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
#3  May 08, 2020, 05:37:06 pm
    • UK
See, when I try that, that doesn't fix the problem. The hitspark doesn't appear where I want it to. In this case, it's for the Hard Kick - I want it to appear at the end of the foot when it hits, and I don't understand why that doesn't happen. It was my impression that you needed to edit the X and Y co-ords to make it work, but the Y co-ordinates work while the X doesn't.

I legitimately don't understand what is wrong here. I'm really pulling my hair out on this one and just considering using the default sparks, because I'm starting to not want to deal with the hassle.

GT

#4  May 09, 2020, 02:02:18 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Code:
var(35) := 64

Have you tried adjusting this value as well? The coordinates for the position of the spark refer to this in the helper block in the statedef -2.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
New #5  May 09, 2020, 02:03:43 pm
    • UK
Not tried touching that, I’ve been a little nervous to do it since I don’t know what that does. I’ll report later with results.

UPDATE: It works! Thanks! I'll just have to remember to change that particular number now, instead of the one that I think is the actual X axis :P
Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:05:23 pm by Steel Komodo