YesNoOk

Luffy (Great Pirate) (Read 38027 times)

Started by Dr.T, November 13, 2016, 11:54:47 am
Share this topic:
Luffy (Great Pirate)
#1  November 13, 2016, 11:54:47 am
    • Finland
Here is Monkey D. Luffy with Great Pirate Colosseum sprites and a little MVC inspired gameplay.
4 button gameplay with 6 special moves and 3 super moves. Movelist is in the Readme...

Video:

DOWNLOAD: (updated 16.11.2016)
https://www.mediafire.com/?arnxqr84eyd0pia
Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:22:25 am by Dr.T

GT

Re: Luffy (Great Pirate)
#2  November 13, 2016, 08:55:33 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
-Some of the movement values in the .cns seem unchanged from KFM. I'd suggest adjusting those. Luffy seems very floaty atm.
-It's not necessary, but for the sake of keeping things neat and organized, it might be good to remove the sctrl components you aren't using.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-Gattling Arm misses upfront.

-Stand clsn is way too simple.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#3  November 13, 2016, 10:17:16 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Nice character, i was hoping to see those sprites being used at some point.
A couple things brothered me:

- Level 2 super does less damage than his level 1 super after a launcher in a combo but if you land it raw it hits like a truck.
I suggest increasing the damage output for level 2 super and nerf the level 1 super damage while its in a string.
- QCB Lk/Hk has different range but the same damage output i suggest increasing the damage of the Hk version.
- QCF Lk/Hk has different speeds but same damage output i suggest increasing the Hk damage.
- F,Hp shouldn't reach full screen imo the regular Hp already reaches full screen.

Them combos  :o
#4  November 13, 2016, 10:51:21 pm
    • Finland
-Some of the movement values in the .cns seem unchanged from KFM. I'd suggest adjusting those. Luffy seems very floaty atm.
-It's not necessary, but for the sake of keeping things neat and organized, it might be good to remove the sctrl components you aren't using.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-Gattling Arm misses upfront.

-Stand clsn is way too simple.

-Not sure how I should change his movement values, because they feel good enough for me. More precise suggestions about that are welcome though.
-I'll check those unused sctrl if there are too many of them...
-Yeah, I must check & fix that Gatling attack range, good to know that.

-I like simple clsn, but I'll see what I can do...
#5  November 13, 2016, 11:28:23 pm
    • Finland
Nice character, i was hoping to see those sprites being used at some point.
A couple things brothered me:

- Level 2 super does less damage than his level 1 super after a launcher in a combo but if you land it raw it hits like a truck.
I suggest increasing the damage output for level 2 super and nerf the level 1 super damage while its in a string.
- QCB Lk/Hk has different range but the same damage output i suggest increasing the damage of the Hk version.
- QCF Lk/Hk has different speeds but same damage output i suggest increasing the Hk damage.
- F,Hp shouldn't reach full screen imo the regular Hp already reaches full screen.

Thanks for the feedback!

That thing with his lv.2 super damage is a problem and I don't know why it behaves like that, but I'll try to fix it... somehow...
(I would rather keep the damages as they are. Lv.1 super should do 200 dmg and Lv.2 super 300-400 dmg.)

-I prefer his F,Hp reaching full screen, it just has different properties... I'll think about it.

I will get back to it next week, it was fun making him but I really need a break now. That problem with his lv.2 super is really bugging me though...

lui

#6  November 13, 2016, 11:39:58 pm
    • USA
are you using a damage dampener? maybe its that
#7  November 14, 2016, 11:36:51 am
    • Finland
are you using a damage dampener? maybe its that

I'm not using any damage dampeners, so I really don't know why the damage drops so much after launching p2 into air.
I'm using helpers that do 6 points of damage each until the animation ends, that makes it about 68 hits max which should do atleast 408 damage.
#8  November 14, 2016, 03:50:17 pm
    • Finland
don't know why the damage drops so much after launching p2 into air.

Well, I figured it must be because of fall.defence_up constant, because it only happens when p2 is in a falling down state
after the launcher. Not sure how to fix this yet.

#9  November 16, 2016, 09:28:15 am
    • Finland
Updated download link.

-Fixed damage issues with his super moves.
-Fixed Gatling close range.
-Made some small tweaks as suggested.
-Slightly changed the range of jet pistol.
-Added some hints/notes about some attack properties in the Readme, check it out.
#10  November 16, 2016, 02:35:54 pm
  • They Don't call me MUGreed for nothin'!!
    • USA
    • wakawakawhoops@gmail.com
just wondering but, would there be an A.I. update for Luffy (Great Pirate)?
#11  November 16, 2016, 03:00:51 pm
    • Finland
just wondering but, would there be an A.I. update for Luffy (Great Pirate)?

That might happen in the future, when I have time/interest to take a look at A.I coding. Right now I'm just focusing on creating
my favorite characters. But maybe some day...
#12  November 17, 2016, 08:39:10 pm
  • Beers User!
    • Chile
    • snkmugendatabase.blogspot.com/

Yare Yare Daze!
Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:12:45 pm by Kofab
#13  November 17, 2016, 11:48:33 pm
    • Finland
#14  November 18, 2016, 02:24:04 am
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
 Ireally hate One Peace anime but this character is really awesome, I add in my mugen collection bro, nice, awesome and I tope you made Amy she is very beautyfull

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#15  November 18, 2016, 09:59:14 am
    • Finland
Ireally hate One Peace anime but this character is really awesome, I add in my mugen collection bro, nice, awesome and I tope you made Amy she is very beautyfull

Oh, thanks. Too bad you hate One Piece, it's my favourite anime/manga... But who is Amy?
#16  November 18, 2016, 04:07:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Might be Nami :)

BTW good stuff!
Nice to see these sprites in action.
Finally some One piece stuff without mini sprites
#17  November 19, 2016, 10:38:20 am
    • Finland
Might be Nami :)

BTW good stuff!
Nice to see these sprites in action.
Finally some One piece stuff without mini sprites

Thanks. I'll be working on Fujitora next and after that maybe Law and couple of others. Not going to make the full roster though...
#18  November 19, 2016, 07:01:44 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#19  November 27, 2016, 03:46:11 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
the chars need more i.a. is very easy win over this chars.please,make more dificult i.a
#20  December 03, 2016, 06:40:52 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
the chars need more i.a. is very easy win over this chars.please,make more dificult i.a

Well, in people's defense, coding AI isn't an easy task and most creators these days don't try or get someone else to code it for them.