YesNoOk

Big SHADEs 2 Issue - Please Help! (Read 3123 times)

Started by Sean Altly, March 16, 2013, 08:07:13 am
Share this topic:
Big SHADEs 2 Issue - Please Help!
#1  March 16, 2013, 08:07:13 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Hey guys, so today I went to load up SHADEs 2 since I haven't messed with it in a while, and my anti-virus (AVG) told me the Mugen.exe file had a Trojan in it. I instructed AVG to remove the threat, and then copied all of the folders to a new Mugen 1.0 download. Unfortunately, when I try to open the game, I get an error and it will not open.

I then downloaded the public SHADEs 2 file from my site, but it gives me a different error message, and also sets off AVG telling me the same thing, that there's a Trojan in the Mugen.exe. I restarted my computer, cleared the old files and downloaded anew, and it still gives me errors and will not load the game. The two error messages I get are something along the lines of:

"The procedure entry point Mix_QuerySpecEx could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL_mixer.dll."

or

"Windows can not access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

This is insanely frustrating, I can't even play my own game. For some reason, an older version I made with 1.0 RC7 works, but it's very outdated. No matter what I do (even instructing AVG to ignore the threat), I can't get it to work any more. Any idea what's going on? Could someone send me a copy of SHADEs 2 through sendspace or something like that to see if that helps? It's driving me crazy.

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Big SHADEs 2 Issue - Please Help!
#2  March 16, 2013, 08:38:39 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Hey guys, so today I went to load up SHADEs 2 since I haven't messed with it in a while, and my anti-virus (AVG) told me the Mugen.exe file had a Trojan in it. I instructed AVG to remove the threat, and then copied all of the folders to a new Mugen 1.0 download. Unfortunately, when I try to open the game, I get an error and it will not open.

I then downloaded the public SHADEs 2 file from my site, but it gives me a different error message, and also sets off AVG telling me the same thing, that there's a Trojan in the Mugen.exe. I restarted my computer, cleared the old files and downloaded anew, and it still gives me errors and will not load the game. The two error messages I get are something along the lines of:

"The procedure entry point Mix_QuerySpecEx could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL_mixer.dll."

or

"Windows can not access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

This is insanely frustrating, I can't even play my own game. For some reason, an older version I made with 1.0 RC7 works, but it's very outdated. No matter what I do (even instructing AVG to ignore the threat), I can't get it to work any more. Any idea what's going on? Could someone send me a copy of SHADEs 2 through sendspace or something like that to see if that helps? It's driving me crazy.

I have scanned with malwarebyte's and checked with virus total nothing seems to be wrong on my end. I think your missing the SDL_mixer.dll file from the Elecbyte.MUGEN.libs folder.
#3  March 16, 2013, 08:50:31 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
get a new antivirus thats not avg I reccomend Avast. Avg is horrible.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#4  March 16, 2013, 08:54:21 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I have scanned with malwarebyte's and checked with virus total nothing seems to be wrong on my end. I think your missing the SDL_mixer.dll file from the Elecbyte.MUGEN.libs folder.

No, it's in there. I just tried replacing it with a new one and it still didn't work.

It may have something to do with Mugen 1.0 RC8, because that's the version I made SHADEs 2 on. I still had an RC7 folder and I copied everything to that one, and it works (though no music plays during any storyboards, like the intro and endings). I had another RC8 that I set up a long time ago for something, and whenever I enter that folder, I get the same virus warning even though it's just the basic RC8 (with only Kung Fu Man).

EDIT: It's definitely that, I downloaded the newest Mugen 1.0 from Elecbyte's site, and copied the data, chars, stages, sound, and font folder from SHADEs 2 into that and it works fine. But everytime I enter the RC8 folder, I get the warning.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:00:07 pm by Sean Altly
#5  March 16, 2013, 10:42:07 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
like what Laharl said it's probably your anti-virus program screwing up.
#6  March 17, 2013, 04:25:54 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
it was likely a false positive, glad to know you had it worked out

GLB

#7  March 17, 2013, 11:28:05 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
It seems he doesn't have it all completely worked out though. You fixed it in the sense that you can play it, if you actually want to use release candidate 8 though all you must do is add MUGEN to your allowed list via the tools in AVG. That way AVG won't perceive it as a threat.
#8  March 21, 2013, 12:51:11 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Get VirtualBox and try to run the game from a Virtual Machine with a fresh Win install. :)