Started by Balthazar, December 27, 2011, 06:59:29 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Freezer Z2
#121  January 19, 2012, 10:47:03 PM
  • Bruce Leroy Bogard
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/

Team Z4!

Dah da-da Daa dadadadadaah dada da-DAAAH!!!
Spriting is hard.
#122  January 21, 2012, 09:36:45 PM
They all look good, but the light punch jump in looks like it could be too slow, the last one I might have to see fully sprited to know if it'll work out, I think the proportions look off compared to the stance but I can't quite tell.
#123  January 21, 2012, 10:22:10 PM
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Could you live with it if Vegeta also got the "ROCK YOU!"  :P? I was intending for it.

MDD

#124  January 21, 2012, 10:25:09 PM
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
LOL GOKU Z1.

And I did not see that palette template. Will get to making some purty colors that are better than everyone else's soon. :P
#125  January 21, 2012, 10:33:01 PM
  • Yeppers do
    • Haiti
    • sonyblaze.blogspot.com/
Those are some good animations! Great work! Wish my animations look like that lol.
#126  January 21, 2012, 10:34:04 PM
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Will get to making some purty colors that are better than everyone else's soon. :P
Until I decide to make some palettes :P I dont feel like making palettes yet though, maybe next week. But frieza looks like a fast and fun one to work with.
#127  January 21, 2012, 10:54:37 PM
  • Complex
    • Panama
    • Skype - lopezantispam@hotmail.com
better wait for the color separated template
#128  January 22, 2012, 03:42:22 PM
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
'the brain scrambler' ;)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#129  January 22, 2012, 03:47:10 PM
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the frame before he starts spinning needs to last longer, as it is , its hard to read, but it seems very good.
#130  January 22, 2012, 04:35:34 PM
  • Not for sale
Is that a grab? It looks kinda goofy that he pulls himself up with one leg. I think it'd be better if he hopped on top of their head, and then did the spin if it connected, a la Dictator. Also, having him pause for a moment after he gets on their head would be good.
#131  January 23, 2012, 02:58:02 PM
  • Not for sale
Well, the pause could be done to insinuate confusion. If someone gabbed me and hopped up on my head, I'd be thinking "wtf?", lol. It's a funny move, but it all just happens too fast. It's hard to even tell what happens, which is a shame, because it's a pretty unique and interesting attack.

Your call though, I just can't seem to move past of the awkwardness of the giant step he has to take to get on the character's head. Kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and I'd try to climb flights of stairs 3 steps at a time.
#132  January 23, 2012, 03:00:48 PM
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The sprites are already there, its a matter of the coder to test both ways, although i agree that one second pause as freeza is standing on their heads will make the move look that much more impactful.

Its likely that an fx to symbolize teleportation will have to be adde after freeza pushes his foot against the opponent, since not everyone will be the same height.
#133  January 23, 2012, 03:03:27 PM
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, we'll see when I get to coding Freezer anyway. I always follow the directives given by my spriter(s), but I also make it look as fluent and good as possible, not following what was told to me, and it can end up better than what the spriter had thought at first.
It's all compromises and personal ideas, and about agreeing when the end product is fine to both coder and spriter.

And yeah, I see what people mean with the spin animation. We'll see when time comes. It's a great move with a neat idea. :D
#134  January 24, 2012, 06:03:47 AM
  • Not for sale
If this is a standard grab attack, I personally wouldn't worry about it interrupting the flow of the battle, as that's basically what throws end up doing. Perhaps the pause could serve dual purpose, it could insinuate confusion, and impact to the move and also, you could take this time to give Freeza some personality. What if during the pause, he laughed at his enemy, then raised his leg back and did the spinny-kick-attack?
#135  January 31, 2012, 11:20:50 PM
I don't know if somebody suggested something like this before but if you need more winposes why not have Freezer put on his scouter, push the button and have it play his TFS theme. (FREEZAFREEZAFREEZA FREEZA) while he smiles demonically.
I know you might have to ask for permission but you could give it to him like that sunglasses winpose goku has.
Lands charred black, rivers boiled,
crops and wells alike despoiled.
Mountains leveled, forests felled,
Footprints of the beasts of Keld.
#136  January 31, 2012, 11:22:25 PM
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The song Freeza doesnt belong to TFS its a death metal song by a japanese band about freeza.
#137  February 01, 2012, 08:01:19 AM
    • France
Nice WIP anims.
No problem, take your time, and if a first version in Mugen can motivate you, you can send me the sprites whenever you want so I can start coding him. ;)
#138  February 19, 2012, 02:36:21 AM
  • MYGA
    • Chile
does this help you?

あなたはこれを翻訳する時間を失ったのですか?
#139  February 19, 2012, 09:51:17 AM
    • France
Just messing with the color separation, fair enough to do mecha freezer.
That's looking great. Just be careful not to do too much, or you'll be like Balthazar with his first version of Vegeta, and get demotivated because of crazy color separation.
#140  February 19, 2012, 03:09:45 PM
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
So far so good. Some minor things can be improved for the animations. As far as color seperation you guys are crazy especially being that is low res thats insane. I wouldnt even do that with my High Resolution sprites. By doing that, doesnt that take a lot of your time to put the color intact?
Mel Masters/Rock Howard

-Original High Resolution Sprites-
-Original Special FX-
-Original Voice Overs-
-Shared Sound Effects-