YesNoOk

[IRL] No more PS3 4 me (Read 4185 times)

Started by walt, December 03, 2009, 06:57:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [IRL] No more PS3 4 me
#41  December 04, 2009, 05:22:25 pm
  • SNK is life
Thanks man ^_^
#42  December 04, 2009, 06:01:05 pm
    • Germany
#43  December 04, 2009, 06:07:14 pm
  • SNK is life
Yes. Many reasons behind this decision.

1. Landlord (Widow Aunt) can't afford to buy protection for the house (build walls, steel window protectors)
2. Can't afford rent in a different house, since my Aunt was charging me like 1/2 of a normal rent on a low level neighborhood.
3. To pay for the safety adjustments myself would require heavy funding - no Xmas presents, being economically broke or in debt for 6 months or more, no thanks.
4. Enjoy family life. Lived 2 years by myself, it won't be 2 more years before I get married, so might as well enjoy (cope?) living with my family for one last season, and enjoy the savings and comfort that comes with it (my mom's cooking :beam: )

It's a well thought out decision, it'll improve my quality of life for a small period of time, and will help me get back on my feet and stronger for a new project in 2 years.

Mog

#44  December 04, 2009, 06:43:20 pm
If you change your mind and want a half crazy, pesky, 100% devious guard for your place, just let me know.  And I'm an excellent cook.

:bow:
#45  December 04, 2009, 07:00:20 pm
    • Germany
oh, family landlord. yeah that's fine then, usually you'd have to give a three months notice or something
#46  December 04, 2009, 11:13:10 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
^2 months minimum (notice must begin on first day of the month) notice where I rent from and you pay a break lease penalty, extra full month's rent, on top of it.

I felt violated when my car got broken into 2 years ago, but luckily nothing of value was stolen.  I don't carry money in my car and credit cards can be canceled.  PS3 and MGS4 is a lot cheaper than when you first bought it. :P

There ought to be a way with unique ids and all these Internet enabled devices that we should be able to track our stolen goods and bring these we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten yearss to justice. >:(

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#47  December 05, 2009, 02:09:07 pm
hmmm

you people live in a very hostile neighborhood especially walt ,who would steal a computer game?
#48  December 05, 2009, 02:18:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
^2 months minimum (notice must begin on first day of the month) notice where I rent from and you pay a break lease penalty, extra full month's rent, on top of it.

I felt violated when my car got broken into 2 years ago, but luckily nothing of value was stolen.  I don't carry money in my car and credit cards can be canceled.  PS3 and MGS4 is a lot cheaper than when you first bought it. :P

There ought to be a way with unique ids and all these Internet enabled devices that we should be able to track our stolen goods and bring these we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten yearss to justice. >:(
most locators have short range of signal
https://loc8tor.co.uk/Store/FAQ.aspx
#49  December 07, 2009, 03:17:28 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Things like this really irritate me.  It's also why I'm armed to the teeth and let everyone know it.  Protecting private property is a duty.  Your house is YOURS, no one has the right to be there uninvited.  And then the scum took things that belonged to you, things you worked for.  For whatever reason they felt entitled to just take your things...  grrrrr.

>:(

In the country where walt lives he would get sent to jail if he hurts a burglar who breaks into his house.

Mog

#50  December 07, 2009, 03:36:19 am
Uh huh....  well they would have to CARE enough to answer the dang emergency phone first.  Then care enough to respond  and investigate.  I think walt wouldnt have to worry about jail.

:bow:
#51  December 07, 2009, 03:39:56 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
In the country where walt lives he would get sent to jail if he hurts a burglar who breaks into his house.

Its ridiculous, but same here. You can't argue that is Self Defense until the burglar has a weapon pointed to you and he is moving towards you.
#52  December 07, 2009, 08:18:25 am
  • SNK is life
#53  December 07, 2009, 09:02:33 am
  • all is love in fair and war
in our country it is forbidden as well to own a firearm, we need to get a licence from police to own an airsoft gun, a lincece that has to be renewed every 6 months for every piece of toy gun you have  ;)

while there is no rule to forbid people to own any form of sharpened objects, and or the air pumped gun for shooting birds ( shooting a led or tin pellets) which is way more dangerous compared to any toygun.

so if a burglar came with a big knife, unless you really know how steven seagal would do if a knive pointed at him, then you better give whatever they want, but normally they only interested in empty houses, or a dormitory, acting like a friend of one of the tenants and stole mobilephones or laptops.
#54  December 07, 2009, 04:28:00 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, empty houses are easier to burglarize for obvious reasons.

Get an airgun and use salted pellets.
#55  December 07, 2009, 05:04:05 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
but the way they do it you won't believe it.

they come with an open truck, in daytime, and walk in calmly moving every valuable things and drive on like a house moving service.  :) smart isn't it, nobody would be so suspicious at someone that do that openly and nobody bother to remember their appearance because they thought it was just a normal situation. that's why owning a well trained dog would be a good solution, because alarm is predictable, but guard dog they can do nothing about it. most of the time they got the key from someone who worked in that household, gardener, construction worker, maid, etc.

my aunt got robbed infront of her house, then we went to police and made statement for hours and end, seemed like we're the criminals and they wanted to make sure that we didn't lie or make false statement  :P

the next day somebody called, saying he found her bag laying around on the side road at outskirt of the city, and from his good/ pure intention he called if it was hers, and want to turn it back. So she got her important documents back, all the already canceled credit cards, and a lighter. The she gave money to this "good fellow" that has spent at least 1 hours drive all the way to her house and gave back her bag (minus the valuables)
I happened to visit when this guy was there, funny that he  brought his friend with him that standing/ hiding in front of the neighbors house with a motorcycle, and this friend happen to wear a t-shirt with a print saying prisoner number 730... lol (maybe it was just a joke, or coincidence, or these guys are trully good hearted fellows... who knows)
#56  December 07, 2009, 05:34:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
and then they shoot the dogs.
#57  December 07, 2009, 06:30:56 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
MY country is fun, going by what I was told by a lawyer, if a guy breaks in your house to steal you can't hurt him because you get jailed, but you can kill him take off his clothes, tell your wife to get naked and put the guy on top of her, then claim that you killed him because of adultery and not get jail.