YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1227325 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3501  February 02, 2021, 06:50:32 am
    • USA
Last think I purchased Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana because this Perfume is high quality and super incredible.
#3502  March 08, 2021, 10:10:02 pm

Both the phone and the pad are new, bought a few weeks ago.
Phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S and the pad is just a generic chinese brand, It works fine but the d-pad is shit for fighting games :(
anyways, for such a cheap phone, this thing packs alot of horse power. As you can see, it can play God of War chains of Olympus with no issues on 2x res on PPSSPP. I also tested Citra (3DS) and Dolphin (GC/Wii) and it can run them both pretty competently aswell.
If you're in the market for a new phone and don't want to spend to much, I heavily recommend getting this phone.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3503  March 28, 2021, 04:49:50 am
  • all is love in fair and war
nice gaming on the go set
#3504  April 10, 2021, 10:37:07 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

my old love and I have been reunited after forever.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#3505  April 27, 2021, 11:48:46 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Just got my physical copy in from Limited Run Games.  Not gonna take the chance of this masterpiece getting delisted over copyright bullshit again.
#3506  June 17, 2021, 01:54:44 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

So I lucked out digging for VHS tapes at Goodwill and finding one of these still in the plastic. Also picked up a copy of Maus that was in excellent condition.

The squiggles in the corner is me covering up sensitive information that I didn't notice prior lol
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 02:01:40 am by Roman55
#3507  June 19, 2021, 08:53:11 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Fumo time!

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3508  November 08, 2021, 12:47:02 am
  • all is love in fair and war

My new 1st time mechanical keyboard, nothing fancy, sub$100, local indonesian brand, china OEM made, with Gateron yellow switch. has cable, wireless through BT and RF dongle, switching between modes is not as seamless as my logitech multi devices mouse, but I can use it on my PC and my phone too. pretty happy with the lighting mode, I set it to illuminate recently pressed keys so I can see what I typed.
#3509  November 24, 2021, 12:02:23 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Hello, everybody! Haven't been here in a while and this year has been quite a fruitful one for me in the ways of plastic collectibles!

I've always been into Lego, but just the beginning of this year I've really got back into it and what better way to tickle that pickle than to purchase moderately expensive custom Lego minifigures? From the most known Citizen Brick to the least known BigKidBrix, I've collected 50+ minifigs from at least 5 different sites. It's a new addiction alongside my Power Rangers Lightning Collection.

Here's my custom Lego minifigure collection from the beginning of the year to now:

Almost everything is genuine Lego, while others are either melted down Lego and remolded into new shapes, or straight up custom ABS plastic molds.

Oops, the I Scream You Scream figure in the front left should be with the minifigs on the front right.
#3510  March 04, 2022, 07:47:26 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:07:43 am by Bastard Wolf
#3511  March 17, 2022, 03:05:09 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
So uh, this is gonna require quite a bit of preamble:

JLA/Avengers was the last ever crossover book between DC and Marvel, and has never been reprinted outside of a brief, minimum contractually mandated period, even despite ample demand (because it's really fucking good). Marvel and DC (and their respective parent companies) were just never gonna find a way to come together again; their relationship was basically in tatters as this book was originally coming out, and has somehow only gotten worse.

However, prompted by the terminal cancer diagnosis of the book's artist, George Perez—a legendary creator who has done some truly influential stuff at both Marvel and DC—the two companies somehow found a way to come together and honor Perez's legacy. They're doing a reprint for the first time in over a decade, with all proceeds going to a charity Perez is a co-founder of. Unfortunately, this run of reprints was set to produce only 7,000 copies total—presumably due to the extreme difficulty in negotiating the rights involved, and because supply chain issues have made it exceedingly difficult to get a print run started up quickly (they wanted to get these books out shelves before Perez passed).

As a result, when the books started going out to stores last week, there was almost immediately a huge explosion of scalpers selling copies for almost $300, which is especially galling since this book was meant to help a charity.

So naturally, it's basically impossible for anyone to get a legitimate copy of this thing. The experience of everyone interested, myself included, was to call their local comic book store and ask to be put on a reservation list and hope your spot on the list was high enough such that you'd be one of the few people who'd get a copy. Because with only 7,000 copies, most stores would be lucky to get two copies total, with no replacements possible if they suffered damage during shipment; it's all down to blind luck, and the odds are very much not in your favor.

Weeks ago, when the announcement had first dropped, I didn't hear the news until hours after it had been put out, which meant that there was absolutely no fucking way I was gonna get a copy of this thing (outside of paying a scalper, and fuck that shit, especially for a fucking charity book). I still called a few of the comic shops in my area, but I was sure I'd be at best the 10th or 11th person to have asked to be put on that waiting list. There was simply no way that I'd be getting a call from one of those stores this week: not with so few copies available, and not with how strong the demand would be.

Except somehow I did get that call. I don't know how the fuck I lucked into this.
#3512  March 17, 2022, 03:16:42 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Congratulations, it's truly a great book to own and a great cause to own it for

I just wish they'd have made it a lot easier to do so
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3513  March 18, 2022, 01:49:12 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Kudos, man! I'm really happy for you! :)
#3514  March 22, 2022, 09:35:16 pm
  • SNK is life
Bought a Necronomicon Notebook :nice:

Not bound in real human skin, but still pretty unsettling-looking
#3515  April 02, 2022, 07:41:58 am

bought the third aigis for my collection (the one in the middle) i'm still missing the alternate color for the arena one, but she's expensive and hard to find so i dunno

bought an extra moemura way back in 2020, was one of the last things i received from japan before everything went to shit. finally bought an extra magical girl hommura to swap some parts along with the leftover face from my devil homura and sanyas legs

i also finally bought mako, and with good timin becasue her price just went up. the drivers seat diorama thingy she comes with is very flimsy, i dunno if mine's defective or something, but on top of that while i was assembling it i applied pressure on the wrong spot an broke it (GRRR!!) it's an easy fix with super glue but i don't have any right now

the promotional photos for the retro spider-man do him no justice, saw a review some time later and was able to get my favorite spider suit
#3516  August 21, 2022, 07:40:24 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Sorry for the bump, I got my new laptop.

My Gaming setup:
#3517  October 27, 2022, 12:08:08 am
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
I apologize for the bump, but I would like to showcase (some of) the things that I bought while I was in Europe with my family.
#3518  November 12, 2022, 05:13:39 am

already had the figure, what's new is the desk & chair

#3519  December 23, 2022, 09:45:29 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Was half-expecting her to arrive after Christmas, so this is nice.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3520  December 27, 2022, 11:45:58 pm
I bought Dogecoin, because I'm a fucking idiot.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞